Baseball
Sponsored by

It's official .. Schloss to Austin...

4,729 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by SirBearALot
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watch aggie hire UT football coach immediately after game when aggie looses.
Bear8084
Fre3dombear
Bexar Pitts said:

william said:

This man has a bright future...in Texas politics.

Seems like a Lyin ******
Jacques Strap
College sports is pro sports now with no salary cap and unlimited free agency. Players can leave anytime even during the season and can skip a bowl game. I understand that all of that is in the best interests of the players and coaches. Go where you want to get paid and don't play if you don't need to in order to avoid injury before the draft. Just because I understand the motivations of players and coaches to make financial decisions that are in their best interests does not mean I like the current landscape. It is not college sports anymore. It is pro sports with a college name on the jersey.

I am interested to see where all this ends up and shakes out. Baylor Men's Pro Basketball may have the budget to be on an even playing field for a while - I hope so - I enjoy watching that team. Football, WBB and baseball are underfunded compared to the giant state schools. Not sure how those sports can do well with so much less money to pay players and coaches.

Baylor's mission is not to develop pro athletes so not sure where all this is headed.
PartyBear
I was just reading a story about what Schloss owes A&M in the buyout. It did not give a figure but did list all of the current SEC HCs and salaries. Note by current I mean not including Texas before or after Schloss hiring and OU. Vandy's HC came in at number one with a 1.94 million per year deal.
Bexar Pitts
Fre3dombear said:

Bexar Pitts said:

william said:

This man has a bright future...in Texas politics.

Seems like a Lyin ******
Bingo!
whitetrash
Schlossnagle and del Conte have managed to achieve what seemed impossible:

They have turned Aggy into sympathetic victims.
PartyBear
Actually I'm not sure Del Conte did. It was just business and it was for Schloss as well. What makes people sympathetic regarding the Ags was Schloss' angry ruling it out response to a question about the opening the night before. To top that off I believe I read the question he was responding to was from some commentator who works for Tex Ags, it wasn't a reporter from a news outlet.

Then in response to a question yesterday from an Austin outlet about how he abruptly left, he responded by criticizing Elko the new football coach at A&M with some what aboutism. He has not exactly handled the PR aspect of this very well.

Speaking of his angry response the other night he said something about leaving his family for the A&M job. I don't follow the guy that closely what did he mean? Was he just exaggerating that he commuted back and forth between FT W and College Station when he first took the job? That was bizarre but then I have seen other references about it as well.
Hotsauce
PartyBear said:

Speaking of his angry response the other night he said something about leaving his family for the A&M job. I don't follow the guy that closely what did he mean?

I believe he literally left his wife for another (younger?) woman. They both are apparently quite the socialites. I'm just piecing things together from texags. It's all quite juicy.
william
Hotsauce said:

PartyBear said:

Speaking of his angry response the other night he said something about leaving his family for the A&M job. I don't follow the guy that closely what did he mean?

I believe he literally left his wife for another (younger?) woman. They both are apparently quite the socialites. I'm just piecing things together from texags. It's all quite juicy.
surprise, surprise, surprise.....

- kkm

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Stefano DiMera
The ex wife is a 1996 Baylor grad.
SirBearALot
Whorns quit scheduling DBU, embarrassing losses. Ha
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.