Moore has done it AGAIN!

2,378 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by BUBBFAN
kbrun
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moore was just interviewed at SLC Regional 1st game. He said that he had pitched ace pitcher Daria too much and now she's day to day! Why does he do this over and over? Every time we get a great pitcher they end up injured because he pitches them too much! Does he make these decisions or is it Newman?
IowaBear
Meh, until he gets an improved lineup it's not going to matter who pitches. This team way overachieved considering the talent. Will likely be 0-2 again in regionals after tomorrow
MrGolfguy
I hope not, we can't get sacrificed by the Salukis
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
blackie
kbrun said:

Moore was just interviewed at SLC Regional 1st game. He said that he had pitched ace pitcher Daria too much and now she's day to day! Why does he do this over and over? Every time we get a great pitcher they end up injured because he pitches them too much! Does he make these decisions or is it Newman?
Don't know the details on this one, but this is a common problem in softball. I coached club softball for over 20 years. There was a saying that two pitchers is not enough and three is too many......because the ace pitches most of the games. Nobody wants to sit on the bench. Then the problem becomes the number of games they pitch in a year.

When I started out you played in the spring and into the middle of summer when the national championships were held. There might have been one, maybe two fall tournaments. By the time I retired, the fall was just as busy as the rest of the year. Bottom line, a lot of these pitchers are worn out before they even step on campus. The trick in having a successful college staff is to find great ones that don't look at not pitching a game as a demotion giving you the ability to have at least two aces. Most schools are lucky to get one.

The thought that the underhand motion doesn't stress the body, I don't think, IMO, ever took into account the number of games a girl would pitch by the time she got to college. Too many club coaches only care about winning. If their ace has a limited college career because of arm damage because he or she pitched them 90% of the games......well that's not his problem. Things may have changed since I retired, but that was the situation 15 years ago.

The college coach runs the risk, if you don't have two aces that if you spread the load around during the season you risk not even getting into the post season. But having to pitch the ace too much to get you there can be a losing strategy as well. Unless you have two great ones at once (think OU, etc.) no matter what you do is wrong.
T-REX
Yall really surprised by another failure on his part? No coach has gotten as big a free pass with no results to ever justify it than Moore.
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Stefano DiMera
You forgetting NISC championship last year?

But seriously..4 World Series appearances isn't a disaster. We'd wet our pants for that on the baseball side for the past 15 years
T-REX
Stefano DiMera said:

You forgetting NISC championship last year?

But seriously..4 World Series appearances isn't a disaster. We'd wet our pants for that on the baseball side for the past 15 years
last one was 6 seasons ago. We have never won a game in a cws. 17% cws appearance rate. 1 reg season title in 23 years. No big 12 tourny titles. You should look at the entire picture.
Baylor MBA 2023
IowaBear
We've definitively won games at the WCWS
MrGolfguy
T-REX said:

You should look at the entire picture.
Which includes what BU Softball was before Moore got here. You want to go back to that?
MrGolfguy
IowaBear said:

We've definitively won games at the WCWS
Correct, BU is 4-8 at the WCWS in 4 app
kbrun
I can agree with how much these young girls are pitched in ASA. Seasons are now basically year round which makes these young girls susceptible to jury. My question is these same young ASA pitchers go to other schools and they don't seem to have the injury rate BU does.
IowaBear
Losing Binford really handicapped BU. I truly believe this teams record is a lot better had she stayed healthy.
T-REX
MrGolfguy said:

T-REX said:

Which includes what BU Softball was before Moore got here. You want to go back to that?
what I want is conference and national titles. Been 16 years since he gave us a big 12 trophy. So I see little to no meaningful difference. His job is to win titles.
Baylor MBA 2023
IowaBear
Blew a 9-2 6th inning lead wow!
Yogi
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
T-REX
Yogi said:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
survived the inning with 2 on and 1 out via a nice double play. Can't believe we blew a 7 run lead in the 6th inning......
Baylor MBA 2023
whitetrash
We put up 4 in top of the 9th. Now to see if we can keep the lead.
pilgrim
How do you like them now?
T-REX
pilgrim said:

ask us in like 3 hours after we play Ole Miss tonight
Baylor MBA 2023
chriscbear
Wow. Wild game. Had it won then they score 7 runs in the 6/7 the innings. Now bring on Ole Miss.
highplains
T-REX said:

pilgrim said:

ask us in like 3 hours after we play Ole Miss tonight
I don't have to wait 3 hours to find out if I like this team. They just won an extra innings game and have to turn around and play again tonight. Whatever they do, I like this team. So they lost a big lead. Anyone who watches sports knows it happens to the best teams.
KIA
This season was an incredible comeback season. Baylor softball wasn't competitive before Coach Moore. We have been with him. 4 CWS seasons is impressive. How many other schools can say that over the same time period?

After last year, I thought it could be the beginning of the end, but this season proved me wrong. All but one player will be back next year (pending transfers). This is a good team, and the future isn't bleak.
Jack Bauer
Wow - #2 overall seed UCLA was hosting and didn't even win a single game in the regional.

Lost to Grand Canyon, then lost to Liberty and their season is done!
T-REX
Jack Bauer said:

Wow - #2 overall seed UCLA was hosting and didn't even win a single game in the regional.

Lost to Grand Canyon, then lost to Liberty and their season is done!
That's a big oof
Baylor MBA 2023
whitetrash
Already down 4-0 bottom of the 1st
kbrun
Well off the top of my head OU, OSU, Alabama, Tennessee and Arizona have all been to the CWS 4 or more times.
T-REX
Ole Miss wins 9-2 to end the baylor season. Last out pop fly straight up with 2 on.
Baylor MBA 2023
MrGolfguy
Did about as well as expected not having their top 2 pitchers (Orme & Binford). Softball has always been about having an ace to shut down your opponent; Crandall & West are good 3rd & 4th pitchers but they were never gonna take BU to the WCWS.
Big Bear
West was not even recruited as a pitcher. She was signed as an infielder. Crandall took it on the chin against Ole Miss. She is just a freshman and she has confidence issues. The staff has been working with her all her. She just loses it in perceived situations like when she took long pitch the next pitch which violated the pitch clock and the batter was awarded first base. T-Rex does know much about Baylor softball when he makes comments about Glenn..the free pass comment is totally out of bounds. His record tells his story. Even though Glenn took the blame about Dari re pitching her too much, that is not all of the story. Before the season began she was having a nerve problem and she had pain. BU doctors had no answer and the got the Texas Rangers doctor's opinion. To make a long story short, she decided she would try to pitch with the pain. So, if anyone has pitched too much it is RyLee by necessity. We have only 1 senior. Everyone is back otherwise. If the doctors can figure out where Dari's pain is originating and resolve the issue we will have 4 good pitchers and all position players back. We will have a really good freshman pitcher coming in the fall making the 4th..Dari, Boykin, Crandall and the freshman.
pilgrim
This team over-achieved to get 40 wins with key player issues, etc. I'm proud of them and the coaches.
Big Bear
And, so am I, extremely.
blackie
T-REX said:

MrGolfguy said:

T-REX said:

what I want is conference and national titles. Been 16 years since he gave us a big 12 trophy. So I see little to no meaningful difference. His job is to win titles.
You know what......probably every fan of every school in the country wants the same thing. We have won more than our fair share of titles in multiple sports, both conference and national. What makes us "entitled" versus other schools such that we should expect to outshine everyone? We have a record in post season appearances in just about every sport, including this one, that the vast majority of fans at other schools could only hope to experience. Other schools and other athletes compete, too. Be grateful for what we have accomplished and don't take it for granted....because it is not. Certainly the goal is to win at everything, but life doesn't work that way.
T-REX
blackie said:

T-REX said:

MrGolfguy said:

T-REX said:

You know what......probably every fan of every school in the country wants the same thing. We have won more than our fair share of titles in multiple sports, both conference and national. What makes us "entitled" versus other schools such that we should expect to outshine everyone? We have a record in post season appearances in just about every sport, including this one, that the vast majority of fans at other schools could only hope to experience. Other schools and other athletes compete, too. Be grateful for what we have accomplished and don't take it for granted....because it is not. Certainly the goal is to win at everything, but life doesn't work that way.
your choice to not demand excellence in every dacet of your life is your cross to bare, not mine. 1 national title is worth 1000x any post season appearance number.

And it's not entitled to want to be the best. Acceptance of anything less is exactly how our athletic program was a dumpster fire for years.
Baylor MBA 2023
Fre3dombear
Maybe this teams greatest accomplishment was keeping ou from being undefeated

That's the only softball stat I know.

T-REX
Fre3dombear said:

Maybe this teams greatest accomplishment was keeping ou from being undefeated

That's the only softball stat I know.

HANG THE BANNER!!!
Baylor MBA 2023
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.