Jimmy Walker, 2019 season

27,105 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by baylrballa
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Terrible day for Jimmy, he shot +4 (76) which is almost DFL. 2 bogeys and a double bogey with no birdies on the South course. This tourney is played on 2 courses at Torrey (North & South) with the South being much harder. This is evidenced by the fact that 20 of the top 25 on the leaderboard played the North course today, including the top 5 (who shot between 10 under & 7 under). Jimmy will play the North tomorrow but needs to go waaay low just to make the cut.
MrGolfguy
Looks like an early exit for Jimmy. He's +2 after 4 holes today, that makes him +6 overall and 156th - dead last place. Unless he catches fire and shoots about 8 or 9 under the rest of the day, he's done.

Edit - Jimmy finished with a 77 today; +9 overall (next to last place)
KOKQB70
Waste Mgt. in Arizona this week, after plus one on thurs., JW shot -2 today, cut line was even, Jimmy should play weekend, yea.
boognish_bear
KOK QB 70 said:

Waste Mgt. in Arizona this week, after plus one on thurs., JW shot -2 today, cut line was even, Jimmy should play weekend, yea.

Nice bounce back from last week
KOKQB70
JW 4 under on Sat. front 9, yea! Tied 29th 5 under...
KOKQB70
5 under round moves up, tied 33rd, good day.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy's going backwards today. He's +2 thru 16 holes, falling down to T48th place.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
MrGolfguy
finished with a +2 (73) today, currently T43rd
boognish_bear
This is a bizarre final rd
GarlandBear84
Today at Pebble Beach Walker shot +3 and is tied for 138th. The leaders are at -7.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy actually played Spyglass Hill yesterday, today he's on Pebble (Even thru 5 holes). Tomorrow he'll play Monterrey Peninsula CC. I understand the weather is very rainy & nasty, they are playing "lift, clean & replace" i believe.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy is -1 thru 15 holes today; +2 overall - currently 113th
GarlandBear84
That's where he finished and is 108th now.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy shot +1 today, finished at +3 overall. He needed to be -3 or better to play the final day at Pebble Beach.
bularry
Been a rough start to season
GarlandBear84
Finally some birdies! In the first round at Riviera (Genesis Open) Jimmy started on the back and was -4 thru 10 when play was suspended for darkness after bad weather earlier. Spieth is tied for the lead at -4 and Jimmy is tied for third. Some guys never teed off.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy finished with a 4 under (67) in round 1, he's currently T12th and has yet to tee off in round 2. They are way behind schedule due to weather delays.
boognish_bear
Unfortunately....with his body still trying to completely bounce back from Lyme disease....this weather forcing 36 holes in one day tomorrow may be a tall order for him
KOKQB70
Anyone heard update from JW on lyme problem?
boognish_bear
I have not heard anything lately.... The last I heard he was doing better but still battling fatigue

His wife.... Who also has Lyme disease... is now on the Board of Directors for a global foundation

https://www.prweb.com/releases/global_lyme_alliance_appoints_three_new_members_to_board_of_directors/prweb16039025.htm
boognish_bear
JW +3 through 9 holes of his second round...he's teetering on the edge of the cut line at -1
boognish_bear
He's got it back to -2 with 7 holes to go. Cut line currently at even
baylrballa
jimmy doubled coming in now sitting dangerously on cut line.

Kyle Jones sitting -6 in top 10 though.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy shot a 2 over (73) today and is sittting at Even after 2 rounds, that made the cut on the number (tied 63rd). They are going to start round 3 today and play as much as they can until dark.
boognish_bear
3rd round starting now

Kyle Jones after 2 rounds is sitting at -7 just 4 strokes off the lead. Great showing by him so far. He got lots of camera time in the last hour of the broadcast
KOKQB70
JW made cut, even par after 3 holes of 3rd round, Kyle Jones????
GarlandBear84
Jones is up to -9. For those that don't remember he played for BU from 2011-15.
boognish_bear
Kyle Jones eagled first hole of 3rd round. He's sitting -9 and 4 strokes back of leader Thomas. Kyle paired with Speith and Rory has not looked intimidated at all.

Tiger started his 3rd round with some magic going birdie, eagle, birdie, birdie
KOKQB70
Jimmy finished round 4 @ 4 over, 8 over for tourney, near bottom for all who made cut. Keep grinding Jimmy, we hope for good season and Lyme problem to disappear, and now we have younger Bear to pull for also, 25 year old Kyle Jones, two on tour!
GarlandBear84
Jones fell apart and shot +5 today. Spieth was far worse with +10.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy is not in the field this week at either event; World Golf Championship - Mexico Championship (for the big time players) or the opposite event for all the other guys - Puerto Rico Open.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy is in the field at the Honda Classic this week
MrGolfguy
3 over (73) puts Jimmy tied 109th after 1 round.

No Bueno
MrGolfguy
Another 3 over (73) today means Jimmy is at 6 over and will miss the cut by 5 shots.
MrGolfguy
Jimmy is playing this week at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, let's hope he breaks out of his current 'funk'.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.