Baylor Volleyball commit

1,424 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GarlandBear84
jumpinjoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So Baylor's nationally ranked volleyball team gets a commit this week, and nothing, nada, zilch, about her in the forums.

The forum Other Sports is turning into a dumping ground, similar to the Recruiting forum at Baylorfans. So this is the place to dump no name radio podcasts mostly having to do with football.

Baylor is more than football or basketball, and you guys running this site can and should do better in covering Other Sports, because they are Baylor, too.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
GarlandBear84
Who is the commit? I haven't heard the news. I don't come to the Other Sports board much anymore because the Premium board has threads about all sports.
setshot
I am with GarlandBear on this, jumpinjoe. Pressley and her cohorts made me a big fan, last season.
jumpinjoe
Saw the announcement on a Facebook, and then it disappeared. Digging Deaper, this is what I found.

I can't determine from this if 2019 HS Sophomore of the Year is over Texas or nationwide. If nationwide, this is a big deal.

FEATURES Averi Carlson Sets Her Sights on Baylor Avatar
BySloane GreenPosted on June 16, 2020

The 2019 PrepVolleyball High School Sophomore of the Year, Averi
Carlson, announced Monday her commitment to Baylor University.

The 5-11 Class of 2022 setter from Dallas, Texas plays for Dallas
Skyline VBC and Lovejoy HS, where she led the Leopards to the Class
5A state title in 2019.

Carlson held offers leading up to the May 2019 NCAA rule
change when she could no longer talk to college coaches until June 15th,
2020, the day she ultimately voiced her commitment. During that time, Carlson
said she "was doing a lot of self-reflection trying to find the right fit for
me." Carlson also pinned UCLA and the University of Texas at the top of her
list before choosing Baylor for its proximity to home and the program's culture.
++++++++++++++++++++
I too became a VB fan, but Baylor didn't come first. I have a GK who as a freshman made JV setter at Coppell. I got interested in the game, then along came Baylor last year that peaked my interest.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
GarlandBear84
Thanks. Here is her Tweet:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.