Fully vaccinated and got COVID

18,555 Views | 372 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sam Lowry
Canon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two different vaccines. I just tested positive. Feels like a mild hangover.

Vaccines are pointless. My wife wasn't vaccinated and she feels better than I do.

With Omicron, Covid will be over. Everyone will get this. EVERYONE! Good news.
J.R.
yup. Me too. However, I'm fully vaxed got it over Christmas and New Years (not fun quarantining during the holidays. I basically had a head cold and wasn't a big deal. From my understanding, if you are vaxed and get the Omicron ....its minor. This stuff is mild but really, really contagious . I probably know of 30 people who have it.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
The term "breakthrough cases" should be discontinued. The vaccines suck. Not nearly effective as advertised.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
303Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The term "breakthrough cases" should be discontinued. The vaccines suck. Not nearly effective as advertised.
It is being discontinued. Last summer during Delta is was a handy term to try and keep people scared and convinced to get the vaccine/booster.

Now, as it becomes more and more apparent that omicron doesn't care if you have the vaccine or not, you dont hear "breakthrough cases" much if at all.

Almost like it would point out that the vaccine doesnt seem to actually do much to stop the spread (which, as a small point of detail, was the exact reason pitched to get the vaccine in the first place).
Mothra
J.R. said:

yup. Me too. However, I'm fully vaxed got it over Christmas and New Years (not fun quarantining during the holidays. I basically had a head cold and wasn't a big deal. From my understanding, if you are vaxed and get the Omicron ....its minor. This stuff is mild but really, really contagious . I probably know of 30 people who have it.

Omicron isn't a big deal regardless of whether you've been vaxxed. Only one recorded death in the U.S.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canon said:

Vaccines are pointless. My wife wasn't vaccinated and she feels better than I do.

Kind of between the cold and the flu. Do you agree?
Canon
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canon said:

That's about right. Headache, mild fever (99.2), short lived body ache, mild cough. A good nap day and you're on the way back up within 48 hours.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canon said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Canon said:

That's about right. Headache, mild fever (99.2), short lived body ache, mild cough. A good nap day and you're on the way back up within 48 hours.
I found the fatigue to be a little more persistent, but otherwise those were my symptoms as well.
Forest Bueller
Canon said:

Same and same.

Double vaxxed got a mild case several months back
Wife no vax even milder case.

We all had a mild cold last week. Likely Omicron.

I'm pretty much done with worrying about this.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Only one recorded death in the U.S.

That is incredible.
muddybrazos
J.R. said:

I cant believe you were down that long. It hit me Sunday after Christmas during the cowboy game and I was pretty much normal by weds. Then flew to NOLA for the game Fri.
Canon
Pseudofed works like a champ on this 'deadly variant'. If you do get it, fyi.
C. Jordan
Canon said:

Nice try, but instead of a mild hangover, you could be in the ICU.

Instead of being thankful, you're doubling down on ignorance.
Canon
C. Jordan said:

Canon said:

GFYS you science denier.
J.R.
muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

I cant believe you were down that long. It hit me Sunday after Christmas during the cowboy game and I was pretty much normal by weds. Then flew to NOLA for the game Fri.
I wasn't "down" for that long. I felt like I had a head cold. Just wanted to quarantine and not give it to people . If I gave it to my SO, she wouldn't;t be able work, hence get paid.
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

Canon said:

Only a fraction of people who get COVID end up in the ICU, and I suspect the vast majority of those people had no clue about treatment options.

I didn't even run a fever, and I had Delta.

No question the vulnerable should get it. But the vast majority of the populace doesn't need it.
william
same here - but I gotsts the 'phillis.

dat-gummed 'communicable dith-eeaths'.

damn Fauci is a Liar.

LIAR.

You know he's LIAR.......

- KKM

4th and Inches
C. Jordan said:

Canon said:

based on the deaths in the first 12 months vs the second 12 months, it doesnt appear that vaxes do what you think.. we lost about 400k each year.

The vax appears to help with those that need it but only a small percent actually need it. Over 90% of the world needs nothing at all to fight off covid.

As always, consult your doctor and stop using Messageboard chat rooms and TV/social media for medical advice
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
william
this has been a planned scam ab origino - many here pointed that out last may (of 2020).

glad the masses are finally realizing that they've been badly played.

- KKM

but - better late than ever.

quash
Canon said:

Vaccines are not pointless. They reduce the chance and the severity of infection.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash said:

Canon said:

Vaccines are not pointless. They reduce the chance and the severity of infection.

Lol. It is pretty mild already.
Oldbear83
To varying degrees, depending on the virus and the vaccine referenced.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
whiterock
quash said:

Canon said:

Correction: They reduce the chance of catching CV for about 6 months, after which time the vaxxed are 6-27 times more likely to be infected than the unvaxxed. They do also reduce the severity of infections, except for Omicron, which affects the vaxxed and unvaxxed about the same.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
whiterock said:

quash said:

Canon said:

Correction: They reduce the chance of catching CV for about 6 months, after which time the vaxxed are 6-27 times more likely to be infected than the unvaxxed. They do also reduce the severity of infections, except for Omicron, which affects the vaxxed and unvaxxed about the same.

I'm not surprised you don't understand statistics considering you inject your medicine from your barn even though it makes you feel "woozy", lmao
Jack Bauer
Canon said:

You must have made a mistake b/c Rachel Maddow said that's impossible and she is a TV doctor.

Whiskey Pete
clubhi said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Canon said:

I'm not surprised you don't understand statistics considering you inject your medicine from your barn even though it makes you feel "woozy", lmao
Hey, he hasn't injected medicine from his barn since you stopped injecting smack from your trailer park
4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

Canon said:

You must have made a mistake b/c Rachel Maddow said that's impossible and she is a TV doctor.

Rachel Maddow is not a TV journalist but is in fact a propaganda minister who helps viewers feel what they're "supposed to feel" about certain people and events
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
jupiter

quash
whiterock said:

quash said:

Canon said:

Like I said, not pointless.

Thanks.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Not really what you said, quash. But thanks for proving you will cling to a claim long after it's rotted into greasy bits.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

Not really what you said, quash. But thanks for proving you will cling to a claim long after it's rotted into greasy bits.

Boring.
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Boring.

I imagine you find Fauci's Fiction far more entertaining.
D. C. Bear
whiterock said:

quash said:

Canon said:

You keep saying stuff like that, but data is lacking. Where are you getting six to 27 times? That quite a range and, if I recall, in the past you were comparing first time infections of vaccinated individuals with second time infections of unvaccinated individuals. That is not a legitimate comparison.

If Omicron is dominant, it doesn't effect the vulnerable vaccinated and unvaccinated "about the same" if the vast majority of those in the hospital are still unvaccinated. If it isn't dominant and we're just seeing the tail end of delta in the hospitals, that would be really great news as omicron would be mild enough to pretty much ignore.
TXBEAR_bf
Thanks for posting that video as my in-laws watch Maddow for their primary news source.
How about this little gem of misinformation regarding scaring people on Ivermectin use.
https://newrepublic.com/article/163573/media-ivermectin-rachel-maddow-pandemic
Doc Holliday
Welp…I caught it and tested positive today. I'm double vaxxed but my wife isn't and she has no symptoms.

It's mostly just fever up to 102. Minor sinus pressure and a headache. The fever is persistent though.

The flu I caught in 2020 was way worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.