Fully vaccinated and got COVID

19,014 Views | 372 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sam Lowry
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our country continues to get lazier. Five days at home for a runny nose. The work ethic in the U.S. has gone to ***** China is getting ready to dominate us over the next decade. Gonna take some time to overcome this change in culture in the U.S.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
J.R.
Canon said:

J.R. said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

just learned today that all 10 folks in my office have Covid except me cuz I had it over Christmas and New Years. Stuff is really contagious !
What are the symptoms of your colleagues?
They have a heartbeat.
Is that a question or a stupid statement?
I see you didn't understand. It's ok.
you do realize you are the "Village Idiot" on 365. I'd really like to know your age, education, career history because you just make about zero sense most of the time and don't really seem to learn how life works. You are mean spirited, obnoxious and extremely short sighted. You seem to be a college student that watches Fox News on a loop!
Canon
J.R. said:

Canon said:

J.R. said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

just learned today that all 10 folks in my office have Covid except me cuz I had it over Christmas and New Years. Stuff is really contagious !
They have a heartbeat.
you do realize you are the "Village Idiot" on 365. I'd really like to know your age, education, career history because you just make about zero sense most of the time and don't really seem to learn how life works. You are mean spirited, obnoxious and extremely short sighted. You seem to be a college student that watches Fox News on a loop!

Your ignorance is really astounding. Thanks for sharing.
J.R.
Canon said:

J.R. said:

Canon said:

J.R. said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

They have a heartbeat.

Your ignorance is really astounding. Thanks for sharing.
why don't you start by giving us the info that was requested? Let us hear how you have become an expert on all things economic. Have you ever had a real job? Hope you got your books paid for this semester!
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

mostly just cold like symptoms . One is on her ass!
That's what my acquaintances are reporting. One is reporting flu like symptoms. None are enjoying it, but none are close to having any serious problems
Even before Omicron, those experiencing "serious" symptoms were few and far between. With Omicron, for the vast majority it's just a cold.

And as the study that came out a few days ago said, the mRNA vaccines have literally zero effect on preventing transmission.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

That's what my acquaintances are reporting. One is reporting flu like symptoms. None are enjoying it, but none are close to having any serious problems
Even before Omicron, those experiencing "serious" symptoms were few and far between. With Omicron, for the vast majority it's just a cold.

And as the study that came out a few days ago said, the mRNA vaccines have literally zero effect on preventing transmission.
Do you have a link for me?
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/12/14/1063947940/vaccine-protection-vs-omicron-infection-may-drop-to-30-but-does-cut-severe-disea
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

This isn't the article I read last night, but a quick google search talks about it.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/mrna-boosters-don-t-block-omicron-south-african-study-shows

"Booster shots with messenger RNA vaccines such as those made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE failed to block omicron in a study of some of the first documented breakthrough cases caused by the highly contagious variant."

Canon
NPR is indeed false
4th and Inches
Canon said:

NPR is indeed false
yep.. National Propaganda Response
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/12/14/1063947940/vaccine-protection-vs-omicron-infection-may-drop-to-30-but-does-cut-severe-disea
False.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/mrna-boosters-don-t-block-omicron-south-african-study-shows

"Booster shots with messenger RNA vaccines such as those made by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE failed to block omicron in a study of some of the first documented breakthrough cases caused by the highly contagious variant."

And I just have to say, LOL that you are now resorting to articles from NPR. Sad.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

And I just have to say, LOL that you are now resorting to articles from NPR. Sad.

There's no contradiction between the two articles.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Thanks for the correction. I am glad we agree RNA vaccines fail to block transmission of omicron, as my article states and as I originally posted. You know, the post that you mistakenly represented was false?

Apology accepted.
ShooterTX
Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

Couldn't care less what the VN thinks.

For you, VN = anyone who looks at the (very clear) data and concludes that being vaccinated for COVID is the best medical choice for the vast majority of people. Never mind if he or she is opposed to government mandates (and is not a fan of employer-based mandates, either). Anyone who doesn't drink your RFK Jr. Kool Aid is a Nazi in your book.
A few things...

It is interesting that you continue to prop the false narrative that you are only dealing in settled science (as if the longitudinal date on this is in any way settled). The data does not prove that the vaccine is the best medical choice for everybody. I would agree it proves that if you have co-morbidities or are elderly, then the vaccine is probably the safest choice, which is why I recommended my 74 year old dad, with a history of respiratory illnesses due to Agent Orange, get it. But as for those without co-morbidities and who are not in a dangerous age bracket, the idea that the science is settled that they should get it is just false.

You are not a VN because you disagree with me. You are a VN because you ignore the facts above, while employing scare tactics designed to coerce people who may not need this vaccine into getting it. You are a VN because the vaccine is your only solution to this disease. You are a VN because of your rigidity, refusal to consider other alternatives, and your condescension toward posters who are not all in on the vaccine.

My parents are examples of why the freedom to make your own medical choices should not be infringed by any government.

My father is now 81. He is a cancer survivor. He has had heart disease for decades, which even required a 5 way bypass surgery about 10 years ago. A few months ago he had a pacemaker implanted to restore regular heart rhythm. He has a long history of high blood pressure. He was diagnosed with Type 2 about 15 years ago, and has been on meds ever since. I'm sure he has a few other ailments which I can't recall right now.

My mother is 78. She is a cancer survivor. She has high blood pressure. She was diagnosed as pre-diabetic about 8 years ago, and has been working hard to stay out of a full Type 2 diagnosis since then. She has been overweight for a very long time, but not fully obese.

Neither of them took the vaccine. Both of them have had Covid, and the Delta variant, and now Omicron. Both of them took HCQ, Ivermectin, Prednisone, and supplements as treatments. They both got the antibody treatments for Delta and Omicron, but that treatment wasn't available when they got the first Covid infection in early 2020.

Neither of them have required hospitalization for Covid... ever. Neither of them is showing signs of long term effects from having Covid. No signs of lung damage or any other issues related to Covid infection.

Why in the hell should they be REQUIRED to take the vaccine? They have survived Covid 3 times without ever taking up an ICU bed or any other horror stories. They did this by ignoring Fauci and listening to an ACTUAL doctor who prescribed treatments that work.

My much younger, much healthier cousin followed all the recommendations of Fauci. When he got Covid, he did not take any of the "controversial" treatments, but instead he followed the CDC recommendations. He spent 10 days in the ICU. His family finally forced the hospital into giving antibody treatments (with threats of lawsuit if they refused), and he walked out of the hospital 72 hours later. He fired his family doctor (who only follows Fauci), and hired the same doc that my parents use. He got Covid again, a few weeks ago. His new doc gave him the antibody treatment, and he was sick at home for 3 days. My otherwise healthy cousin is still suffering from lung damage from his original Covid infection & hospitilization.

Fauci can kiss my ass! I have seen Covid in my family and have lived through it myself 3 times. I will NEVER take this insane "vaccine". If someone wants to do that, I will fully support their right to make their own medical decisions, even when I fully disagree with them.

PS - I know you are not pushing for mandates... I just was replying to this general thread, not you (Mothra) in particular.
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Thanks for the correction. I am glad we agree RNA vaccines fail to block transmission of omicron, as my article states and as I originally posted. You know, the post that you mistakenly represented was false?

Apology accepted.

False.
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.
Those one word retorts are just so convincing... where is my Fauci face T-shirt!! I'm all on board now!!

Can I get a 7th booster shot now!! Lucky 7 is finally gonna work!
ShooterTX
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.
Cogent and logical retort. Thanks, Smarmy Sam!

The article speaks for itself. I will let others decide.
Mothra
Here's another older article (though newer than Sam's) that states the RNA vaccines do not prevent transmission, though the authors state that a booster should boost immunity - contradicting of course the more recent study out of South Africa.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2022/01/no-omicron-immunity-without-booster-study-finds/

"The results of this study, reported in the journal Cell, indicate that traditional dosing regimens of COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States do not produce antibodies capable of recognizing and neutralizing the Omicron variant."

Whoops! Now what will Sam do?
ShooterTX
Mothra said:

Here's another older article (though newer than Sam's) that states the RNA vaccines do not prevent transmission, though the authors state that a booster should boost immunity - contradicting of course the more recent study out of South Africa.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2022/01/no-omicron-immunity-without-booster-study-finds/

"The results of this study, reported in the journal Cell, indicate that traditional dosing regimens of COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States do not produce antibodies capable of recognizing and neutralizing the Omicron variant."

He will pivot from "false" and move on to the much more effective response of "incorrect".

Checkmate! You lose again, Mothra! There is no defeating the one word response... it's Kryptonite, baby!!
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

This supports my point.
Mothra
ShooterTX said:

Mothra said:

He will pivot from "false" and move on to the much more effective response of "incorrect".

Checkmate! You lose again, Mothra! There is no defeating the one word response... it's Kryptonite, baby!!
Indeed. I am very familiar with his modus operandi.

He is scared and has a narrative to protect that makes him feel safer. I feel for him.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

This supports my point.
LOL. Sure it does.

You're a hoot, Sammy.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Debunked. De-Bunked. DEBUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mothra
Amal Shuq-Up said:

He's just a liar at this point.
ShooterTX
Amal Shuq-Up said:

You really shouldn't post such unflattering pictures of the POTUS like that.

".... count the vote... COUNT the vote.... COUNT the VOTE!!"

Half the time I have to wonder, "Who the hell is he yelling at now?"
ShooterTX
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

This isn't the article I read last night, but a quick google search talks about it.

This is a case study of seven breakthrough infections in South Africa among some Germans. It is not the kind of study required to show whether or not "the mRNA vaccines have literally zero effect on preventing transmission." To know the effect of vaccines on transmission you need a different study design. Other studies designed to look at the effects of the vaccine on Omicron do not show "literally zero effect on preventing transmission." However, it is well established that the vaccines are significantly less effective against Omicron at preventing infections. They also appear to (still) be quite effective at preventing serious illness and death from all variants. I would like to see what part of that illness and death they are clearly preventing is from previous variants and what part is from Omicron. I suspect that a disproportionate number of the deaths are from previous variants given Omicron's tendency to have less of an impact on the lungs than previous variants. I also suspect that information is either available somewhere and I just haven't seen it or it will be coming out fairly soon.

You have offered a conclusion that is partly based on research and partly based on your inability or unwillingness to understand what the research actually says.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.

You're overreaching, like Biden
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.
I got vaccinated and caught omicron.

There's millions like me. It's false for them.

You can say it slightly prevents spread…but not at levels to make a significant difference.
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.

You can say it slightly prevents spread…but not at levels to make a significant difference.
Did you have a third mRNA vaccine? This is what the claim was, that boosters (in the case study of seven Germans in South Africa who got COVID after having a booster vaccine) "have literally zero effect on preventing transmission." It is a claim that may or may not prove to be correct, but this particular study does not support the claim.
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

This is a case study of seven breakthrough infections in South Africa among some Germans. It is not the kind of study required to show whether or not "the mRNA vaccines have literally zero effect on preventing transmission." To know the effect of vaccines on transmission you need a different study design. Other studies designed to look at the effects of the vaccine on Omicron do not show "literally zero effect on preventing transmission." However, it is well established that the vaccines are significantly less effective against Omicron at preventing infections. They also appear to (still) be quite effective at preventing serious illness and death from all variants. I would like to see what part of that illness and death they are clearly preventing is from previous variants and what part is from Omicron. I suspect that a disproportionate number of the deaths are from previous variants given Omicron's tendency to have less of an impact on the lungs than previous variants. I also suspect that information is either available somewhere and I just haven't seen it or it will be coming out fairly soon.

You have offered a conclusion that is partly based on research and partly based on your inability or unwillingness to understand what the research actually says.
The study reported by the Harvard Gazette involved 239 individuals, but ok.
Mothra
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.

Did you have a third mRNA vaccine? This is what the claim was, that boosters (in the case study of seven Germans in South Africa who got COVID after having a booster vaccine) "have literally zero effect on preventing transmission." It is a claim that may or may not prove to be correct, but this particular study does not support the claim.
That actually was not my claim. My claim was that the vaccine has literally zero effect on preventing transmission. That claim was correct, as evidenced by the second link I sent you.

We will see if the booster works or not.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.

You're overreaching, like Biden
Nope.
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

Apology accepted.

False.

That actually was not my claim. My claim was that the vaccine has literally zero effect on preventing transmission. That claim was correct, as evidenced by the second link I sent you.

We will see if the booster works or not.

The claim that "the vaccine has literally zero effect on preventing transmission" is not supported by either of the articles you linked.

You made the claim that the vaccines "have literally zero effect on preventing transmission" and you then linked an article about breakthrough infections specifically among people who had received a booster. I suppose I should not have made the assumption that the article you linked to support your claim was related to the claim. Is it actually your claim that mRNA boosters prevent some infection but the two-shot mRNA regimen does not?
D. C. Bear
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

Osodecentx said:

J.R. said:

False.

False.

What particular facts in the NPR article are wrong?
Mothra
The Harvard article certainly supports my statement:

The second article calls into question whether the booster has any effect and concluded it does not.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.