The top 10 reasons that the Christian faith will survive

3,489 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JXL
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is your forecast?
Waco1947
Fre3dombear
Supporting an end to abortion
Jack Bauer
Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

Survive what? TikTok and neopronouns??
ShooterTX
Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

#1 reason... getting rid of heretical false teachers like Waco1947.

Not much else needed

ShooterTX
contrario
Death and taxes. There will always be a great unknown in the human existence - what happens when you die. And there will always be a government trying to infringe on people's beliefs. Because of this, a group of people will always turn to what their parents told them was the answer and lean on a book written by faulty humans thousands of years ago.

This isn't a repudiation on Christianity, I have no problem with people turning to faith in all of its forms as a coping mechanism to the uncertainties of life. Just giving my opinion on the topic.
OsoCoreyell
Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?
Because God is real.
LIB,MR BEARS
contrario said:

Death and taxes. There will always be a great unknown in the human existence - what happens when you die. And there will always be a government trying to infringe on people's beliefs. Because of this, a group of people will always turn to what their parents told them was the answer and lean on a book written by faulty humans thousands of years ago.

This isn't a repudiation on Christianity, I have no problem with people turning to faith in all of its forms as a coping mechanism to the uncertainties of life. Just giving my opinion on the topic.
I'm certainly glad you have no problem with Christianity although you did feel the need to point out this was not "repudiation on Christianity". It was probably the use of "faulty humans" and "coping".
Fre3dombear
contrario said:

If your starting point is the Bible was written by faulty humans, you've kinda missed the whole point.

And to suggest that the Catholics somehow assembled the right set of books a couple of centuries after Christ is also missing the point.

But that's why that call it Faith. Something I need more of and strive towards every day
riflebear
Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

1. Jesus
2. Because the Bible tells it so.
Golem
1. Christianity is true.
2. Christianity is true.
3. Christianity is true.
4. Christianity is true.
5. Christianity is true.
6. Christianity is true.
7. Christianity is true.
8. Christianity is true.
9. Christianity is true.
10. Christianity is true.
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

1. It's mission of good news to the poor
2. Saving souls that they may have life abundantly
3. Fellowship of other disciples in times of crisis
4. Worship to remind us of our God connection
5. Accountability to other disciples
That's a start. They are not necessarily in order.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?
Waco1947
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

Saving them from what exactly?
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

Saving them from what exactly? From what do you believe they are saved? For it is a matter of what Jesus is saving us for which is abundant life in him.
Waco1947
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

Saving them from what exactly? From what do you believe they are saved? For it is a matter of what Jesus is saving us for which is abundant life in him.

You made the statement that it's saving them. I am curious what you are saving them from? Is it just giving them, a better life? Or is there actually some real danger they are being saved from, in your belief?
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

You made the statement that it's saving them. I am curious what you are saving them from? Is it just giving them, a better life? Or is there actually some real danger they are being saved from, in your belief?
Jesus offers us abundant life and again what does that mean to you? Abundant life is what Jesus offers us. What say you?
Waco1947
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

Jesus offers us abundant life and again what does that mean to you? Abundant life is what Jesus offers us. What say you?

It means what he said, in John 10:10: "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." Unlike the thief, the Lord Jesus does not come for selfish reasons. He comes that people may have life in Him that is meaningful, purposeful, joyful, and eternal. We receive this abundant life the moment we accept Him as our Savior.

So do you believe he's saving us from the thief who comes to steal, and to kill, and to destroy, like Jesus said? Who is the thief? Is he saving us from the thief?
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?
It is Truth
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

I…………. like to do a lil sidestep
Now you see me now you don't
I come and go.
Waco1947
Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

It means what he said, in John 10:10: "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." Unlike the thief, the Lord Jesus does not come for selfish reasons. He comes that people may have life in Him that is meaningful, purposeful, joyful, and eternal. We receive this abundant life the moment we accept Him as our Savior.

So do you believe he's saving us from the thief who comes to steal, and to kill, and to destroy, like Jesus said? Who is the thief? Is he saving us from the thief?
Who is the thief? John 10:10 reads in context "7 Therefore Jesus said again, "Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Thieves, in context, are the ones who came before. The thief, today, for me, is anyone or thing or action that attempts to lead me away from the one who loves me -- wealth, greed, anger, disloyalty to spouse or friends, obesity, gossip, addiction, the desire to be right all the time, etc. -- these are the thieves.
Waco1947
Waco1947
No sidestep. I answered. Your obtuseness is not helping. I answered Mothra question for him not you.
Waco1947
Mothra
So how does Jesus save us from the thief, in your opinion? Does he save us from anything else?
bearhouse
The ultimate base of the Christian faith is love. And love conquers all. I am not sure the "religion" will survive but I am sure the love of God will endure.
Waco1947
6. Christ offers hope for humankind
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf
17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock[a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell[b] shall not prevail against it.

Don't need 10 reasons when Jesus gives us this assurance. And yes, the church will prevail, not just His love, but His church.

I know it is hard to see, when the churches that are loud proud and visible seem so wordly today, but the church moves on, none the less.
Waco1947
Forest Bueller_bf said:

17 And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock[a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell[b] shall not prevail against it.

Don't need 10 reasons when Jesus gives us this assurance. And yes, the church will prevail, not just His love, but His church.

I know it is hard to see, when the churches that are loud proud and visible seem so wordly today, but the church moves on, none the less.
I know that you do not need 10 reasons. I ask about the Christian faith not your Christian faith.
Waco1947
Waco1947
7. The world needs the preaching of the Reign of God

8. The world needs to God's justice and love for all
Waco1947
KentOrtiz

9. Humanity will simply die without faith values.
10. Human beings need a common "rule" to live by.
In addition to them, I consult some free essays on religion and understand that people need this connection between their religion and God. https://samploon.com/free-essays/religion/ is quite a useful source in the process of studying the positive influence of faith on our lives.
LIB,MR BEARS
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

Only if He is an example of the non physical world intervening directly in the physical world. Otherwise, not so much.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Only if He is an example of the non physical world intervening directly in the physical world. Otherwise, not so much.
That old theism is in its last days
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

There is no "Christian faith" without the incarnation, so, if you are correct, then the Christian faith is in its last days.
Golem
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

I cringe to think of the price you will pay in eternity for leading others to hell.
JXL
Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

Who is the thief? John 10:10 reads in context "7 Therefore Jesus said again, "Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Thieves, in context, are the ones who came before. The thief, today, for me, is anyone or thing or action that attempts to lead me away from the one who loves me -- wealth, greed, anger, disloyalty to spouse or friends, obesity, gossip, addiction, the desire to be right all the time, etc. -- these are the thieves.

You're looking at the wrong passage. If you want to answer the question of what does Jesus save us from, you should start with John 3:16-18:

***For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.***

In light of that passage, what would you say that Jesus saves us from?

Waco1947
JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Mothra said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

What is your forecast?

You're looking at the wrong passage. If you want to answer the question of what does Jesus save us from, you should start with John 3:16-18:

***For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.***

In light of that passage, what would you say that Jesus saves us from?

Try again. "You should" does not help. Simply state your concept. I think you are onto something
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.