The top 10 reasons that the Christian faith will survive

3,495 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JXL
Guy Noir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Then ring the bells loud and deep. God is not dead nor doth he sleep"
Longfellow
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Your arguments are circular
Premise the supernatural "signs" of the Bible are physically true
Premise they are supernatural and beyond ordinary life
Conclusion They are true because says they are true, not science.
Consequently the secular needs to suspend their knowledge of science and accept this reasoning.

You are the one arguing that a guy who lives 2000 years ago can forgive your sins. That is supernatural and beyond ordinary life. You cannot be a follower of a Christ who forgives sins while denying that God intervenes in history.
Forgiving sins is not supernatural. Forgiving is sons is a spiritual gift from God.

Once again, How did this guy who lived and died 2000 years ago "save you from your sin" without supernatural power? What would have happened had he not done so?

Ask ypour pastor. I'm sure he will back you up. Maybe a Sunday School lesson on it.

He asked you. This is a pretty basic question for a Christian. How is it that Jesus saved you from your sin?
Waco1947
LIB,MR BEARS said:

JXL said:

Any thoughts, Waco1947?

Great question…. regardless of the thread.

Actually, 47 would be nuts to come on the board right now as he is in the Holy Land. To even give this board a second thought seems like a waste of time
Thank you and yes the Holy Land was a deeply spiritual experience in three places
1. The Synagogue in which Jesus taught beside the Sea of Galilee. It is quite near the edge of the water and I splashed my hands in it and thought to myself "He was here."
2. The Jordan River where I baptized 8 people in reaffirmation of their faith.
3. The steps of the temple which are still there and to know "He taught here."
JXL
Waco1947 said:

JXL said:

Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Your arguments are circular
Premise the supernatural "signs" of the Bible are physically true
Premise they are supernatural and beyond ordinary life
Conclusion They are true because says they are true, not science.
Consequently the secular needs to suspend their knowledge of science and accept this reasoning.

You are the one arguing that a guy who lives 2000 years ago can forgive your sins. That is supernatural and beyond ordinary life. You cannot be a follower of a Christ who forgives sins while denying that God intervenes in history.
Forgiving sins is not supernatural. Forgiving is sons is a spiritual gift from God.

Once again, How did this guy who lived and died 2000 years ago "save you from your sin" without supernatural power? What would have happened had he not done so?

Ask ypour pastor. I'm sure he will back you up. Maybe a Sunday School lesson on it.

I did. He said it was through supernatural power. Will you accept that explanation, or do you have an alternative one?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.