Voicemail from Joe Biden to Hunter about China Business Deals

9,129 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Cobretti
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Did they break the law? Have they been charged with a crime? Why should anyone care?
Thank you for your opinion, Mr. Schiff.
It's not my opinion at all. It's the opinion I've been seeing on every Donald Trump thread for the last three months.

If that is what you see on every thread involving Trump, get an eye exam and lay off the hallucinogens.
So…you think we should take the Jan. 6 investigation seriously regardless of whether Trump committed crimes?
nobody should take the jan 6th committee investigation seriously..

We should take the jan 6th DOJ investigation seriously. There will be one but its where we should have started, not where we are now.. most of the last 20 years is look over here while we do dumb sh.. over there. This is a new level of that..

DOJ proves the intent, congress uses 14th to bar him.. politics restored to norms. Instead they just said hold my beer.
You realize you're proving my point, right? The DOJ is only concerned with the criminal aspect. If Trump or Biden committed crimes, that's one thing. If not then I'll ask again -- why should anyone care?
D. C. Bear
Sam Lowry said:

Did they break the law? Have they been charged with a crime? Why should anyone care?

If someone is using his or her office to personally enrich family members, yes, that can be a crime, and we should care because corruption is bad for all of us.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

It's not my opinion at all. It's the opinion I've been seeing on every Donald Trump thread for the last three months.

If that is what you see on every thread involving Trump, get an eye exam and lay off the hallucinogens.
So…you think we should take the Jan. 6 investigation seriously regardless of whether Trump committed crimes?
nobody should take the jan 6th committee investigation seriously..

We should take the jan 6th DOJ investigation seriously. There will be one but its where we should have started, not where we are now.. most of the last 20 years is look over here while we do dumb sh.. over there. This is a new level of that..

DOJ proves the intent, congress uses 14th to bar him.. politics restored to norms. Instead they just said hold my beer.
You realize you're proving my point, right? The DOJ is only concerned with the criminal aspect. If Trump or Biden committed crimes, that's one thing. If not then I'll ask again -- why should anyone care?
there is no other aspect, the rest is feelings.. care if you want to

The DOJ gives them what they want except they dont think they can climb that hill so they attempt to sour the public feelings on him. They did it for the last 6 years.. they will continue to dog and pony show until he says not running or he loses again
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Sam Lowry
D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

If someone is using his or her office to personally enrich family members, yes, that can be a crime, and we should care because corruption is bad for all of us.
Corruption is bad for all of us, but not all of it is covered by the criminal law. I'm sure the Bidens are skilled at walking that line.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

As long as you call that political kangaroo court an "investigation", Sam, no one should take you seriously.

It's one thing to look at what happened January 6th, by all relevant parties including Capitol Police and the FBI and the media, and determine appropriate consequences for genuine violence and appropriate actions to protect officials in future elections.

The events of this committee, however, have no such interests.

So no, any rational person would recognize this is a waste of time, resources and focus, is fashioned purely for political malice, and should be given less interest than the latest Elvis sighting.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

As long as you call that political kangaroo court an "investigation", Sam, no one should take you seriously.

It's one thing to look at what happened January 6th, by all relevant parties including Capitol Police and the FBI and the media, and determine appropriate consequences for genuine violence and appropriate actions to protect officials in future elections.

So no, any rational person would recognize this is a waste of time, resources and focus, is fashioned purely for political malice, and should be given less interest than the latest Elvis sighting.

Would you support a congressional investigation of the Bidens and their business in China?
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Would you support a congressional investigation of the Bidens and their business in China?
nope, DOJ needs to do its job and figure out if the president is comprimised.. let congress take over when its time to impeach or 25th
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Seriously, I'd impose the same conditions I just mentioned. Congress is supposed to hold investigations for purposes of legislation, excepting Impeachment.

If they want to impeach Biden, learn the lessons of Bill Clinton and Trump's impeachments and lay off unless you have a slam-dunk case that will win 67 Senators, plus reason to believe this will result in better Governance for the nation.

If they want to prosecute a Biden, let the DOJ investigate, giving Hunter the same rights as any US citizen, including right to counsel and defense.

As for Joe, if genuine evidence comes up implicating him, let that play out a la Watergate.

But years of relentless, baseless, political hatred of Trump demonstrate that the same act the other way may well be the worst path the Republicans could take.
Sam Lowry
Interesting. We already have two posters against a Biden investigation if Republicans take the House next year.

Anyone else want to go on the record?
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Interesting. We already have two posters against a Biden investigation if Republicans take the House next year.

Funny how Sam ignores this line I wrote:

As for Joe, if genuine evidence comes up implicating him, let that play out a la Watergate.

That's more than a detail, Sam.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

But as of now you don't think there's genuine evidence.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

No one has taken the necessary steps yet.

Saying one way or another at this date is premature.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

What are the necessary steps?
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

DOJ investigation, first.
JXL
Sam Lowry said:

I'm not opposed to investigating Biden.

Then again I'm not opposed to investigating Trump either.
jupiter
Redbrickbear
jupiter said:

That's pretty rad
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

DOJ investigation, first.
I'm not sure you're understanding my question. If you refer to the previous page of this thread, there's a video of Rep. Matt Gaetz questioning Matthew G. Olsen, Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division of the DOJ. Gaetz accuses him of covering up a "crime spree in progress" and says that Olsen "animates and exemplifies" the plausible deniability that the Bidens use to get away with corruption. He concludes, "Winter's coming, we're going to be in the majority, and then you're going to have to answer these questions for the country." Clearly Rep. Gaetz does not expect the DOJ to pursue any serious investigation of the Bidens, nor does he intend to wait around if the GOP takes back the House.

Given these facts, and assuming Gaetz is right about Republicans being in the majority next year, should DOJ officials and any other relevant witnesses have to answer Congress' questions about the Biden family and China?
Sam Lowry
JXL said:

Sam Lowry said:

I'm not opposed to investigating Biden.

Then again I'm not opposed to investigating Trump either.
If a committee is formed and the two parties can't agree on which members to appoint, what should the Republican leadership do? Abandon the investigation, or continue if necessary without the Democrats' participation?
Cobretti
Oldbear83
I understand you all too well, Sam.

You vitriol blinds you to real facts, and makes you susceptible to garbage narratives.

It is my belief that, at this time, there is no proof of criminal behavior by either Joe Biden or Donald Trump.

The difference is that valid leads viz a viz Biden have been ignored, even suppressed, by the DOJ, while the DOJ is acting like Biden's lap dog whenever someone tells a new claim against Trump.

The double standard is obvious and deeply offensive to most Americans, yet you blithely ignore it.

I believe the day will come when the pendulum will swing the other way. The difference being that Biden will enjoy a presumption of innocence you were never willing to grant Trump.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

You vitriol blinds you to real facts, and makes you susceptible to garbage narratives.

It is my belief that, at this time, there is no proof of criminal behavior by either Joe Biden or Donald Trump.

The difference is that valid leads viz a viz Biden have been ignored, even suppressed, by the DOJ, while the DOJ is acting like Biden's lap dog whenever someone tells a new claim against Trump.

The double standard is obvious and deeply offensive to most Americans, yet you blithely ignore it.

I believe the day will come when the pendulum will swing the other way. The difference being that Biden will enjoy a presumption of innocence you were never willing to grant Trump.

So to be clear, Congress can act on its own after midterms? Or they have to wait for the DOJ to take some additional "steps?"
HuMcK
"The Big Guy" is in the news again.
LIB,MR BEARS
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

So to be clear, Congress can act on its own after midterms? Or they have to wait for the DOJ to take some additional "steps?"
so to be clear, does this neighborhood need a 2-way street, a 1-way street or no street at all?

Is turnabout fair play or not, or should the play never have been made?
Sam Lowry
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

so to be clear, does this neighborhood need a 2-way street, a 1-way street or no street at all?

Is turnabout fair play or not, or should the play never have been made?
Two-way street, same standard for both sides. I don't know of evidence that the Bidens committed crimes (aside from Hunter and all the sex and drug stuff), but I don't think that matters. Congress doesn't investigate crime per se. They do have oversight of national security and other issues in the executive branch, and there has long been reason to suspect the Bidens were compromised with regard to China. I don't think the congressional response depends on the DOJ (and neither will Oldbear a year from now).
Oldbear83
Impressive. Sam posted "same standard" with a straight face.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Don't let it distract you from my question.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

You have been answered in detail, Sam.

Don't let your obsession blind you to learning from other perspectives.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Maybe I got lost in all those details. Summarize it for me if you don't mind.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Just up the page, boyo:

"It is my belief that, at this time, there is no proof of criminal behavior by either Joe Biden or Donald Trump.

I believe the day will come when the pendulum will swing the other way. The difference being that Biden will enjoy a presumption of innocence you were never willing to grant Trump."

Plain enough for any English-speaker.
Oldbear83
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Just up the page, boyo:

"It is my belief that, at this time, there is no proof of criminal behavior by either Joe Biden or Donald Trump.

I believe the day will come when the pendulum will swing the other way. The difference being that Biden will enjoy a presumption of innocence you were never willing to grant Trump."

Plain enough for any English-speaker.
I also wrote this, also on this page:

"I'd impose the same conditions I just mentioned. Congress is supposed to hold investigations for purposes of legislation, excepting Impeachment.

If they want to impeach Biden, learn the lessons of Bill Clinton and Trump's impeachments and lay off unless you have a slam-dunk case that will win 67 Senators, plus reason to believe this will result in better Governance for the nation.

If they want to prosecute a Biden, let the DOJ investigate, giving Hunter the same rights as any US citizen, including right to counsel and defense.

As for Joe, if genuine evidence comes up implicating him, let that play out a la Watergate."

I'd call that a plain, straightforward explanation.
Sam Lowry
If the DOJ is suppressing evidence, as you claim, are they accountable to Congress? Was Rep. Gaetz wrong to say they should be called to answer for it?
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

If the DOJ is suppressing evidence, as you claim, are they accountable to Congress? Was Rep. Gaetz wrong to say they should be called to answer for it?
they are accountable to the house judiciary committee.. not some special panel hearing

–Horace

Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

they are accountable to the house judiciary committee.. not some special panel hearing
Thanks for your succinct answers. Maybe you could give Oldbear some coaching.
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Sam Lowry said:

Is the House Judiciary Committee in the Constitution?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.