432,465 Views | 8357 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by 4th and Inches
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It is NOT plausible, nor is there any proof it happened despite your claim.

There ARE specific witnesses who said it never happened.
Osodecentx
And more:

Appearing on Saturday at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul took his running feud with Arizona Sen. John McCain to a new level.
"He's not a war hero," said Trump. "He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."
The remarks, which came after days of back-and-forth between McCain and Trump, were met with scattered boos.
McCain, a former Navy pilot, spent roughly five-and-half years in a notorious North Vietnamese prison known as the "Hanoi Hilton," where he was repeatedly tortured. He spent two of those years in solitary confinement.
Oldbear83
Oso channeling her inner Kamala yet again.
Osodecentx
Channeling the Dear Leader
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Channeling the Dear Leader
I don't care what you call Harris, it's not a good look to imitate her.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Election in 60 days , yall argue about 2020 election, & crowd sizes

Giggles is busing her crowds in for her rallies.

Better?

There ya go!!! Independents really care about that

Why not attack Gov Hailey supporters & the Georgia governor? Unity!!!
He isn't doing that at all.

The neverTrumpers are the bigger obstacle to unity.

He did all that & called POWs losers & Medal of Honor winners (well, you know)
& NTs are the problem?

Trump is never responsible
[Former President Trump again denied referring to dead U.S. soldiers as "suckers" and "losers" ...

"Obviously, I never said that dead Soldiers are 'losers and suckers.' Who would say such a thing?" Trump posted on Truth Social, calling the accusation "made up disinformation" coming from his opponents.

However, there appeared to be no evidence of an audio or video recording of the remarks in question, nor was there any documentation, such as transcripts or presidential notes, to independently confirm the alleged quotes' authenticity.]

PS

That whole story was cooked up by Jeffery Goldberg at the Atlantic.

And old Jeff seems like a wonderful and totally not partisan guy...

[Goldberg is Jewish and was born in Brooklyn, New York, the son of Ellen and Daniel Goldberg. Goldberg has described his parents as "very left-wing." His grandfather was from Leova, Moldova. He grew up in suburban Malverne on Long Island, a predominately Catholic neighborhood which he once described as "a wasteland of Irish pogromists". Retroactively, when describing his first trip to Israel as a teen, Goldberg recalled the sense of empowerment he felt Israel embodied...]
Confirmed by Trump staffers

In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, "Why should I go to that cemetery? It's filled with losers." In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as "suckers" for getting killed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-says-presidential-medal-of-freedom-is-better-than-the-medal-of-honor-217303621972

Never happened.

Totally made up quote that you have fallen for hook line and sinker.

19 Staffers denied Trump ever said it.

Jeffrey "raised by far leftist parents who hates his Irish catholic neighbors" Goldberg over at the Atlantic never provided any evidence he said it.

I mean step back for a second and think about the mindless propaganda you are feeding other people.

This does not sound like something Trump (or anyone other than a radical Marxist professor) would say

[Staffers from the National Security Council and the Secret Service told Trump that rainy weather made helicopter travel to the cemetery risky, but they could drive there. Trump responded by saying he didn't want to visit the cemetery because it was "filled with losers," ]

I mean it almost hilariously bad propaganda....its not even sort of believable
It was his chief of staff who actually heard him say that. I'm quoting a named source while you rely on anonymous sources 19 staffers) Who has fallen hook line and sinker. It supports Goldberg's story.
Interesting that the religion of the author seems important to you

Former Trump White House chief of staff John Kelly is blasting his onetime boss over disparaging remarks he says the then-president repeatedly made about service members and veterans and for what he called Trump's untruthfulness about his positions on various groups as well as on abortion.
In a statement to CNN published Monday, Kelly delivered a scathing criticism of former President Donald Trump while confirming reporting in The Atlantic in 2020 that detailed the comments he made during his presidency.

"A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all 'suckers' because 'there is nothing in it for them,'" Kelly said of Trump. "A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because 'it doesn't look good for me.' A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family for all Gold Star families on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America's defense are 'losers' and wouldn't visit their graves in France."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/john-kelly-confirms-trump-privately-disparaged-us-service-members-vete-rcna118543

I see nothing in the portions you quoted that says this dude has any firsthand knowledge.

Kelly delivered a scathing criticism of former President Donald Trump while confirming reporting in The Atlantic in 2020 that detailed the comments he made during his presidency.
Again, I read the article, and it doesn't say he heard Trump say that, nor does it give any indicia of first hand knowledge, as others have pointed out.

Agree that Kelly hates Trump. No question. But that's irrelevant.
Irrelevant? Of course it is relevant. Personal feelings are a very strong motivator, especially to those that have been deferred to for a very long time. The guy was a 4-star General, how many times has he been said "no" to in the last 30 years?
Irrelevant to what was actually said, not to his motivations, including his motivation to lie.

Context.

It plays to whether he actually said it.

Nineteen witnesses present say no.

You and the hater say yes.

You lose.

Read the argument, I backed Trump. Dick...
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

[Former President Trump again denied referring to dead U.S. soldiers as "suckers" and "losers" ...

"Obviously, I never said that dead Soldiers are 'losers and suckers.' Who would say such a thing?" Trump posted on Truth Social, calling the accusation "made up disinformation" coming from his opponents.

However, there appeared to be no evidence of an audio or video recording of the remarks in question, nor was there any documentation, such as transcripts or presidential notes, to independently confirm the alleged quotes' authenticity.]

PS

[Goldberg is Jewish and was born in Brooklyn, New York, the son of Ellen and Daniel Goldberg. Goldberg has described his parents as "very left-wing." His grandfather was from Leova, Moldova. He grew up in suburban Malverne on Long Island, a predominately Catholic neighborhood which he once described as "a wasteland of Irish pogromists". Retroactively, when describing his first trip to Israel as a teen, Goldberg recalled the sense of empowerment he felt Israel embodied...]

In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, "Why should I go to that cemetery? It's filled with losers." In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as "suckers" for getting killed.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/09/trump-americans-who-died-at-war-are-losers-and-suckers/615997/
https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-says-presidential-medal-of-freedom-is-better-than-the-medal-of-honor-217303621972

Never happened.

Jeffrey "raised by far leftist parents who hates his Irish catholic neighbors" Goldberg over at the Atlantic never provided any evidence he said it.

I mean step back for a second and think about the mindless propaganda you are feeding other people.

This does not sound like something Trump (or anyone other than a radical Marxist professor) would say

[Staffers from the National Security Council and the Secret Service told Trump that rainy weather made helicopter travel to the cemetery risky, but they could drive there. Trump responded by saying he didn't want to visit the cemetery because it was "filled with losers," ]

It was his chief of staff who actually heard him say that. I'm quoting a named source while you rely on anonymous sources 19 staffers) Who has fallen hook line and sinker. It supports Goldberg's story.

Former Trump White House chief of staff John Kelly is blasting his onetime boss over disparaging remarks he says the then-president repeatedly made about service members and veterans and for what he called Trump's untruthfulness about his positions on various groups as well as on abortion.
In a statement to CNN published Monday, Kelly delivered a scathing criticism of former President Donald Trump while confirming reporting in The Atlantic in 2020 that detailed the comments he made during his presidency.

"A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all 'suckers' because 'there is nothing in it for them,'" Kelly said of Trump. "A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because 'it doesn't look good for me.' A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family for all Gold Star families on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America's defense are 'losers' and wouldn't visit their graves in France."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/john-kelly-confirms-trump-privately-disparaged-us-service-members-vete-rcna118543

I see nothing in the portions you quoted that says this dude has any firsthand knowledge.

Kelly delivered a scathing criticism of former President Donald Trump while confirming reporting in The Atlantic in 2020 that detailed the comments he made during his presidency.
Again, I read the article, and it doesn't say he heard Trump say that, nor does it give any indicia of first hand knowledge, as others have pointed out.

Irrelevant? Of course it is relevant. Personal feelings are a very strong motivator, especially to those that have been deferred to for a very long time. The guy was a 4-star General, how many times has he been said "no" to in the last 30 years?
Irrelevant to what was actually said, not to his motivations, including his motivation to lie.

Context.

You lose.

He quotes anonymous sources
I quote Trump's COS
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Context.

You lose.

You are continuing a disproven claim, and I don't care if you are channeling Cheney instead of Harris, it's still crap.
Oldbear83
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Context.

You lose.

Sorry it's been a contentious thread, and this claim was dead buried long ago, no idea why anyone would still push it.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Context.

You lose.

I quote Trump's COS

Who was not there.

And who of course is now at personal odds with Trump and in a position to traffic in false hoods to try and hurt him.
Redbrickbear
Osodecentx said:

And more:

Appearing on Saturday at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul took his running feud with Arizona Sen. John McCain to a new level.
"He's not a war hero," said Trump. "He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."
The remarks, which came after days of back-and-forth between McCain and Trump...

Trump smack talking his political rivals is 100% believable

Trump talking smack about fallen American soldiers from World War I is completely NOT believable
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Kelly confirmed reporting that detailed the comments Trump made. How would the chief of staff confirm it
Who knows? Maybe he heard it from someone. Maybe he is lying. In either regard, he hasn't given the foundation for his first hand knowledge. If he had come out and said, "I heard Trump say that," instead of offering vague confirmations, then that would be one thing. But he never did that, as others have pointed out above.

So at this point, you are making an unwarranted assumption that is not supported by your article or Kelly's comments.
Nobody spends more time with Trump than his COS. Atlantic reports the quote, and Trump's COS confirms Trump said it. I'm not sure what else would make you more sure.

Only anonymous sources refute the story
Trump says outrageous things all of the time. It is plausible and a confirmed source close to Trump
When the COS comes out and says here is what Trump said. He never did. He just "confirmed" the story - allegedly.

Yes, Trump says outrageous things. This is not consistent with the outrageous things he says, however.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Context.

You lose.

You are continuing a disproven claim, and I don't care if you are channeling Cheney instead of Harris, it's still crap.

What are you talking about? I can't stand Cheney.
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Context.

You lose.

Sorry it's been a contentious thread, and this claim was dead buried long ago, no idea why anyone would still push it.

Got you.
whiterock
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Everyone else present has said they did not hear the comments Kelly alleges.
whiterock
FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Context.

You lose.

What are you talking about? I can't stand Cheney.

I defended him from relentless contrived partisan attacks. And now that he is participating in contrived attacks, I say…

whiterock
Jack Bauer
Uh oh...Elton John has a sense of humor. He must be cancelled!

Redbrickbear
Wild that this was considered a take down of Trump by regime liberals…

Malbec
Redbrickbear said:

Enrolled?
sombear
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Kelly confirmed reporting that detailed the comments Trump made. How would the chief of staff confirm it
Who knows? Maybe he heard it from someone. Maybe he is lying. In either regard, he hasn't given the foundation for his first hand knowledge. If he had come out and said, "I heard Trump say that," instead of offering vague confirmations, then that would be one thing. But he never did that, as others have pointed out above.

So at this point, you are making an unwarranted assumption that is not supported by your article or Kelly's comments.
Nobody spends more time with Trump than his COS. Atlantic reports the quote, and Trump's COS confirms Trump said it. I'm not sure what else would make you more sure.

Trump says outrageous things all of the time. It is plausible and a confirmed source close to Trump
Bolton, Pompeo, and several named aides all denied it. Bolton despised Trump and denied the story while promoting his anti-Trump book.

And, as the Washington Post itself asked: Do you really think Kelly would have done nothing had he heard Trump say that?

You have it flipped. Only 2 anonymous sources claim to have heard Trump say it.
Realitybites
Malbec said:

Redbrickbear said:

Enrolled?
Good catch. Shows how out of touch the left is. Enroll at UC Berkley, enroll in the US Army, same difference.
whiterock
sombear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Bolton, Pompeo, and several named aides all denied it. Bolton despised Trump and denied the story while promoting his anti-Trump book.

And, as the Washington Post itself asked: Do you really think Kelly would have done nothing had he heard Trump say that?

…but neverTrumpers NEED it to have happened, in order to ratify their feelings about the man….

whiterock
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

sombear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

…but neverTrumpers NEED it to have happened, in order to ratify their feelings about the man….

Trump is not my favorite human, that is well documented. But, he deserves credit for what he did well and he should not be blamed for stuff he didn't. As much as I can't stand Biden, same with him. There is enough to not have to make up things. Kelly is butt-sore that Trump didn't bend the knee to his stars, same as Mattis and McMaster. It is a trait of Generals...
sombear
whiterock said:

sombear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

They have plenty of ammo yet insist on spewing BS like Charlottesville, Russia hoax, and this.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

They have plenty of ammo yet insist on spewing BS like Charlottesville, Russia hoax, and this.

Those narratives are for their own internal consumption

It's gets liberals worked up and super excited to think they are fighting "Nazis" at home and abroad.

So created narratives like Charlottesville (the Nazi menace at home) and Russia (the Nazi menace overseas) and useful.

They get energy and monetary donations by playing up these things.
Osodecentx
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

Trump is not my favorite human, that is well documented. But, he deserves credit for what he did well and he should not be blamed for stuff he didn't. As much as I can't stand Biden, same with him. There is enough to not have to make up things. Kelly is butt-sore that Trump didn't bend the knee to his stars, same as Mattis and McMaster. It is a trait of Generals...
If I have to decide who is more likely to be truthful, Trump, Mattis, McMaster or Kelly, I'll take the generals.

True enough, Trump deserves credit for what he did well, but several here believe he should never be held accountable for anything he says or does, IOW the buck never stops with Trump, this is the first principle of the Trump sycophant, the Always Trumper.

(I don't count you among those sycophants) You've been fair and balanced
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
Osodecentx said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

sombear said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

Redbrickbear said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

historian said:

Exactly

Better?

& NTs are the problem?

PS

Never happened.

If I have to decide who is more likely to be truthful, Trump, Mattis, McMaster or Kelly, I'll take the generals.

True enough, Trump deserves credit for what he did well, but several here believe he should never be held accountable for anything he says or does, IOW the buck never stops with Trump, this is the first principle of the Trump sycophant, the Always Trumper.

(I don't count you among those sycophants) You've been fair and balanced

Great thing about America and elections.

The one fact that tells me the France story is BS is he was there for the 100 year anniversary of the end of WW1. Also, the Navy reported not being able to fly. I see why Kelly would go as a former Marine. The other stuff, nah. He was there to commemorate and give a speech.

Now I do believe he doesn't get why people would volunteer and enlisted. I can get asking the question what was in it for them. I get that from his background. But asking those questions is different than calling them losers. But that is just me.
Oldbear83
So how does anyone determine a proportion of ballots being fraudulent long before they are even counted?

Posts like this are just stupid.
whiterock
Harris has peaked. She needs a dramatic success in the debate.

boognish_bear
whiterock said:

Harris has peaked. She needs a dramatic success in the debate.

And Trump needs to dig deep and not make unforced errors in the debate. Just stick to his talking points and try not to get defensive.
First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 239

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.