Aggy university system orders removal of all DEI statements for hiring/admissions

3,240 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Harrison Bergeron
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Good for Texas A & M. I have a feeling the only reason they did was to follow their Daddy's lead (The University of Texas). The fact that liberal UT stepped out and did this gives me some hope that the pendulum is swinging back.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/02/22/university-texas-system-dei-pause/
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Good step. Now they need to fix the admission process.
Redbrickbear
I never thought I would say it…

"I wish Baylor was more like A&M"
Redbrickbear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Good for Texas A & M. I have a feeling the only reason they did was to follow their Daddy's lead (The University of Texas). The fact that liberal UT stepped out and did this gives me some hope that the pendulum is swinging back.

Don't kid yourself DEI is a religion to academics.

ut did it because they were forced by political pressure to do it.

The System Regents (political appointments) forced their hand.

Good thing either way…but important to remember that ut-Austin did not suddenly see the error of its hateful ways.
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Don't kid yourself DEI is a religion to academics.

ut did it because they forced by political pressure to do it.

The System Regents (political appointments) forced their hand.

Good thing either way…but important to remember that ut-Austin did not suddenly see the error of its hateful ways.

And UT donors. Changing wills, causing deans to call and make impassioned pleas, over substantial planned estate endowments. Was personally briefed on a married couple where the husband withdrew a likely 8-digit endowment and the wife withdrew a possible 9-digit endowment. Husband and I bird hunt together…..
VaeBear
It's a nice start but now they need to get rid of the DEI departments that they created and are wasting money on.
ABC BEAR
Any chance that aggy will 'prank' us by re-installing our statues to their rightful place at 3:00AM?
Redbrickbear
ABC BEAR said:

Any chance that aggy will 'prank' us by re-installing our statues to their rightful place at 3:00AM?

Would be the nicest thing they never did for us
cowboycwr
Good move. I saw an article maybe a week ago about how companies were cutting staff or completely getting rid of DEI departments because all they did was lose money, create friction in the company or create policies that led to a loss of money.

Maybe the start of the pendulum swinging the other way.
Johnny Bear
cowboycwr said:

Good move. I saw an article maybe a week ago about how companies were cutting staff or completely getting rid of DEI departments because all they did was lose money, create friction in the company or create policies that led to a loss of money.

I sure hope so. What in the world did all of those companies and organizations think was going to happen if they installed what amounts to departments focused on finding ways to influence hiring and admissions practices that clearly discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, etc.?
EatMoreSalmon
cowboycwr said:

Anyone convince Hershey or Coke to abandon DEI yet? Or more importantly, the large commercial lending institutions?
whiterock
EatMoreSalmon said:

cowboycwr said:

Anyone convince Hershey or Coke to abandon DEI yet? Or more importantly, the large commercial lending institutions?

The "her/she" reference by Hershey could have been brilliant but they chose political correctness over humor.
4th and Inches
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Good step. Now they need to fix the admission process.
as I would never go there.. dont care about their admin process
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
whiterock
whiterock said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

cowboycwr said:

The "her/she" reference by Hershey could have been brilliant but they chose political correctness over humor.
Jeremy's Chocolate took the humor route.....

https://dailyheadlineslive.com/news/jeremys-chocolate-sells-extra-than-100000-chocolate-bars-in-first-12-hours/
drahthaar
Horns response was in the main due to "political" pressure. aTm's was driven also by Old Army's strong pushback on Sharp et al. Aggies still listen to their own.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
UofH gets rid of DEI

Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

Stanford is taking a lot of heat for being extremely overstaffed in general though.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Redbrickbear said:

Yo, VIP, let's kick it!
Redbrickbear
This is why DEI commissars have no place on a college campus.

[It was a scene from Dostoevsky's political novel Demons played out in one of America's most exclusive training schools for its legal ruling class. And it is a stark warning about the potentially totalitarian future of the US.
You will have heard by now about the shocking incident last week at Stanford Law School, one of the country's top three, in which Kyle Duncan, an appellate judge on the federal Fifth Circuit, was shouted down and verbally abused by woke students who did not want to let him give a talk to students of the Federalist Society, which had invited him.
The law school's diversity dean, Tirien Steinbach, turned up to read a long prepared statement in which she lectured the conservative judge for his wickedness, and for causing "pain" and "harm" to Stanford students through his jurisprudence and presence on campus. You can watch the entire debacle below and you should, because you have to see it and hear it to grasp the grotesque and repulsive nature of what happened at one of America's most elite law schools.]

Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Rice university defends DEI, affirmative action as a 'matter of national security' amid SCOTUS case

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-university-defends-dei-affirmative-action-as-a-matter-of-national-security-amid-scotus-case/ar-AA18RnHk?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=7148901e939f42e6af8d5860cc8750b8&ei=18
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
boognish_bear
cowboycwr
boognish_bear said:

I might believe that if it was from a different source. They clearly had an agenda to prove that is the case and I am sure worded the survey questions to get the desired result.
Redbrickbear
cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

I might believe that if it was from a different source. They clearly had an agenda to prove that is the case and I am sure worded the survey questions to get the desired result.
Yep.

Pravda: "56% of employed Soviet adults say focusing on increasing marxist efforts at work is a good thing. And 56% of communical farm workers love their jobs."
boognish_bear
cowboycwr said:

boognish_bear said:

I can't keep up with all the institutes. Does the Pew Research Center skew left?

Here's the full image fwiw

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.