Canada Proposes Post-Birth Murder of Newborns

3,368 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Redbrickbear
Golem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The cultural disease of Godless leftism continues apace…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11859253/Canadas-frontier-Childrens-activity-books-assisted-suicide-euthanasia-newborns.html

Canada's rapid embrace of euthanasia exposed: Top medical organization wants to give lethal injections to seriously ill NEWBORNS - as government funds morbid activity book for children to understand assisted dying

The publication is aimed at helping youngsters understand why an adult would choose medically-assisted death
It says: 'The person does not notice this happening and it does not hurt'
But critics say the country is 'normalizing something that is egregiously wrong'
There were more than 10,000 medically-assisted deaths in 2021, an increase of about a third from the previous year
Wangchung
Golem said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11859253/Canadas-frontier-Childrens-activity-books-assisted-suicide-euthanasia-newborns.html

Canada's rapid embrace of euthanasia exposed: Top medical organization wants to give lethal injections to seriously ill NEWBORNS - as government funds morbid activity book for children to understand assisted dying

The publication is aimed at helping youngsters understand why an adult would choose medically-assisted death
But critics say the country is 'normalizing something that is egregiously wrong'
There were more than 10,000 medically-assisted deaths in 2021, an increase of about a third from the previous year

That's how they keep their "gun crime" stats low; allow suicide.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Doc Holliday
That's awful.

I was a seriously ill newborn from being taken out with forceps after nearly 30 hours of labor and came out with a black eye, bruises and major breathing issues.

My mother almost died from blood loss.

The Canadian government would put both us of down.
LIB,MR BEARS
Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

I was a seriously ill newborn from being taken out with forceps after nearly 30 hours of labor and came out with a black eye, bruises and major breathing issues.

in the eyes of some Canadian politicians and doctors, you probably placed an undue burden on government funding and would have helped out more people had you just died.

They're scumbags.
Redbrickbear
Canada is a spiritually dark place.

Satanic vibes coming from there constantly.
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

Satan trying to kill newborns that are destined for a short painful life. God gave newborns a short painful life. I don't agree with either but I'm on Satan's side here I guess.
Redbrickbear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

Satan trying to kill newborns that are destined for a short painful life. God gave newborns a short painful life. I don't agree with either but I'm on Satan's side here I guess.
We know
ron.reagan
Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

We know
I'm glad you were able to process that cryptic message.
BaylorJacket
Unfortunately, my wife never got to meet her sister as she passed away at a few weeks old. When delivered, she was discovered to have a rare, un-treatable condition. Her sister suffered in extreme agony the weeks she was alive, until she passed away in the NICU.

I am in no way supporting this, but there are unfortunate scenarios where a family might not want their new-born to suffer in extreme pain when their death is inevitable.

I do see the slippery slope nature of this decision though.
Redbrickbear
BaylorJacket said:

Unfortunately, my wife never got to meet her sister as she passed away at a few weeks old. When delivered, she was discovered to have a rare, un-treatable condition. Her sister suffered in extreme agony the weeks she was alive, until she passed away in the NICU.

I am in no way supporting this, but there are unfortunate scenarios where a family might not want their new-born to suffer in extreme pain when their death is inevitable.

I do see the slippery slope nature of this decision though.
The whole point of abortion...like ethusiasia...is the question of who gets to decide what human life is unworthy of life?

"Whatever its motives and means, direct euthanasia consists in putting an end to the lives of handicapped, sick, or dying persons. It is morally unacceptable. Thus an act or omission which, of itself or by intention, causes death in order to eliminate suffering constitutes a murder gravely contrary to the dignity of the human person and to the respect due to the living God, his Creator. The error of judgment into which one can fall in good faith does not change the nature of this murderous act, which must always be forbidden and excluded." -CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

cms186
Golem said:

From reading the story, this is one Canadian Doctor saying this though, right? nothing like a sensationalised Headline I guess
I'm the English Guy
LIB,MR BEARS
cms186 said:

Golem said:

From reading the story, this is one Canadian Doctor saying this though, right? nothing like a sensationalised Headline I guess
How long should a group wait prior to protesting, 1 doctor, 5 doctors, 50 doctors? You tell me where that point lies. Also tell me where the point of no return is.

While your at defining at what level protest should be made, please do the same for reinstatement of slavery.
cms186
LIB,MR BEARS said:

cms186 said:

Golem said:

How long should a group wait prior to protesting, 1 doctor, 5 doctors, 50 doctors? You tell me where that point lies. Also tell me where the point of no return is.

While your at defining at what level protest should be made, please do the same for reinstatement of slavery.
Protest whenever you like, I happen to agree with the point of not allowing kids to be euthanised, I'm just saying you are falsely mislabelling an entire country as wanting to do it (or maybe an entire countries government) when in actual fact, its one person (and he doesn't want to allow all kids to be euthanised, just ones that have 'severe malformations' or 'grave and severe syndromes' for which their "prospective of survival is null")
I'm the English Guy
Fre3dombear
Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

Was your mom vaccinated? If not she'd have been giving birth in an alley
quash
Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

Show me in the law where they would.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

The would want to put us down to save costs, so they'd suggest assisted suicide.
Mothra
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

We know
I'm glad you were able to process that cryptic message.
Do we know that the proposed law was only designed for infants who were destined for a short painful life? Because the article doesn't say.
BaylorJacket
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

The would want to put us down to save costs, so they'd suggest assisted suicide.
I'm curious, what are your thoughts on assisted medical suicide? (to make it more focused, let's say in the case of someone who is elderly, close to "end of life", and has a debilitating disease)

This is something I am undecided on
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

Suggesting and doing are not the same thing. Glad to see you've moved the goalposts to a defensible position.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Redbrickbear
BaylorJacket said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

I'm curious, what are your thoughts on assisted medical suicide? (to make it more focused, let's say in the case of someone who is elderly, close to "end of life", and has a debilitating disease)

The Catholic Church teaching on the "seamless robe of Christ"/ "consistent stand for life" convinced me that to be anti-abortion, anti-euthanasia, and anti-death penalty was the consistent position.

I support banning all 3 things as morally wrong and inconsistent with the fight for human life and dignity.

[In 1971, the Catholic pacifist Eileen Egan coined the phrase "seamless garment" to describe a holistic reverence for life. The phrase is a Bible reference from John 19:23 to the seamless robe of Jesus, which his executioners left whole rather than dividing it at his execution.]

[The seamless garment philosophy holds that issues such as abortion, capital punishment, militarism, euthanasia...all demand a consistent application of moral principles valuing the sanctity of human life. "The protection of life", said Egan, "is a seamless garment. You can't protect some life and not others." Her words were meant to challenge members of society who divided their commitment to protecting and cherishing human life, choosing anti-war stances but not anti-abortion work. or those members of the anti-abortion movement who were in favor of capital punishment.]

https://catholicoutlook.org/the-seamless-garment-is-the-catholic-position/

[OUR DEFENSE OF THE INNOCENT UNBORN, FOR EXAMPLE, NEEDS TO BE CLEAR, FIRM AND PASSIONATE, FOR AT STAKE IS THE DIGNITY OF A HUMAN LIFE, WHICH IS ALWAYS SACRED AND DEMANDS LOVE FOR EACH PERSON, REGARDLESS OF HIS OR HER STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT. EQUALLY SACRED, HOWEVER, ARE THE LIVES OF THE POOR, THOSE ALREADY BORN, THE DESTITUTE, THE ABANDONED AND THE UNDERPRIVILEGED, THE VULNERABLE INFIRM AND ELDERLY EXPOSED TO COVERT EUTHANASIA, THE VICTIMS OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING, NEW FORMS OF SLAVERY, AND EVERY FORM OF REJECTION"]

POPE FRANCIS
GAUDETE ET EXSULTATE

Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

Suggesting and doing are not the same thing. Glad to see you've moved the goalposts to a defensible position.
Sorry I wasn't clear.
Doc Holliday
BaylorJacket said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

What I classify as suicide is when you can recover from something but you choose not to live.

If you have something terminal which is literally killing you and there's no chance of survival, but you're just speeding up the process of dying to escape the suffering, it's not really suicide because death is imminent under all circumstances. My family that's been in hospice is just choosing to be comfortable while the grim reaper waits by their door.

If you're enduring excruciating pain but you'll get over it and survive, but you choose to avoid that pain through death, that's suicide. I'm not ok with that.

BaylorJacket
Doc Holliday said:

BaylorJacket said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

What I classify as suicide is when you can recover from something but you choose not to live.

If you have something terminal which is literally killing you and there's no chance of survival, but you're just speeding up the process of dying to escape the suffering, it's not really suicide because death is imminent under all circumstances. My family that's been in hospice is just choosing to be comfortable while the grim reaper waits by their door.

If you're enduring excruciating pain but you'll get over it and survive, but you choose to avoid that pain through death, that's suicide. I'm not ok with that.
Thank you for the clarification - I'd say that's where I am as well.
LIB,MR BEARS
Doc Holliday said:

BaylorJacket said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

I suffer from terminal aging. At what point am. Good to off myself.
Doc Holliday
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Doc Holliday said:

BaylorJacket said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

I suffer from terminal aging. At what point am. Good to off myself.
You can get over suffering from aging with the right mindset.
Oldbear83
One thing which bothers me a lot is the deliberate neglect of the elderly.

My wife works as a nurse at Assisted Living centers, and she has told me some horror stories, from facilities cutting back on food quality to save money, on caregivers ignoring residents because they don't feel like changing or bathing them, and on children who put their parents into Assisted Living so they won't be in their way at home, and never visiting them. In one macabre case, a woman started visiting her mom and began to complain repeatedly that she was in pain and tried to talk the nurses into administering morphine. Later she kept trying to up the dosage well past safe levels. When the DON tried to explain to her about medication protocols, the truth came out - she was worried that her mom was spending so much as a resident that there would not be much money left for her daughter when she passed.

I lack the ability to convey the hopelessness in so many of these places, where folks are focused only on how much of your money they get, the workers will feed you poorly, ignore many of your needs and just do enough to stay out of legal trouble, and your own kids won't visit more than twice a year, if that.

My wife and I promised each other to stay out of such places. Not everyone is able to do so, however, and many do not see the danger until they are prisoners in such a horrid place.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Mitch Blood Green
Oldbear83 said:

One thing which bothers me a lot is the deliberate neglect of the elderly.

My wife works as a nurse at Assisted Living centers, and she has told me some horror stories, from facilities cutting back on food quality to save money, on caregivers ignoring residents because they don't feel like changing or bathing them, and on children who put their parents into Assisted Living so they won't be in their way at home, and never visiting them. In one macabre case, a woman started visiting her mom and began to complain repeatedly that she was in pain and tried to talk the nurses into administering morphine. Later she kept trying to up the dosage well past safe levels. When the DON tried to explain to her about medication protocols, the truth came out - she was worried that her mom was spending so much as a resident that there would not be much money left for her daughter when she passed.

I lack the ability to convey the hopelessness in so many of these places, where folks are focused only on how much of your money they get, the workers will feed you poorly, ignore many of your needs and just do enough to stay out of legal trouble, and your own kids won't visit more than twice a year, if that.

My wife and I promised each other to stay out of such places. Not everyone is able to do so, however, and many do not see the danger until they are prisoners in such a horrid place.

You are correct. It's sad.
Sam Lowry
cms186 said:

Golem said:

No, it's the whole organization.
Sam Lowry
Quote:

Canada's road to allowing euthanasia began in 2015, when its top court declared that outlawing assisted suicide deprived people of their dignity and autonomy. It gave national leaders a year to draft legislation.

The resulting 2016 law legalized both euthanasia and assisted suicide for people aged 18 and over, provided they met certain conditions: They had to have a serious, advanced condition, disease, or disability that was causing suffering and their death was looming.

The law was later amended to allow people who are not terminally ill to choose death, significantly broadening the number of eligible people. Critics say that change removed a key safeguard aimed at protecting people with potentially decades of life left.

Today, any adult with a serious illness, disease, or disability can seek help in dying.
This is how the slippery slope works. We've already seen it with adults.
Redbrickbear
Realitybites
In pre-Christian Rome, pagans would leave unwanted children in the wilderness to die of exposure. Pagans will pagan. Too many have grown lazy thinking they can live under the societal shelter of a Christian umbrella without joining Christ's church and personally appropriating the faith every hour of their lives.
Redbrickbear
KaiBear
ron.reagan said:

Redbrickbear said:

That's because you are so cool.
Redbrickbear
Forest Bueller_bf
Doc Holliday said:

That's awful.

My wife was born very pre-mature and had to be ventilated for weeks. It was with a hand held ventilator that the Nurse had to manually pump. She was watched around the clock. Even when she went home she went home in a sock. It was the 60's probably a Pete Maravich sized sock, still she was very tiny and would not have survived without extreme intervention.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.