Climate Journalism is broken - no surprise here

1,350 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by Harrison Bergeron
Tempus Edax Rerum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/climate-journalism-is-broken
Harrison Bergeron
Covid was the test case for "climate change."

So-called "experts" determine what is "true."
Anything contradictory is dangerous "disinformation."
Media and Big Tech censor and squash any so-called "disinformation."
The conversation is put in terms of life and death. That article promoting practical, simple solutions 'LITERALLY WILL KILL PEOPLE."
LIB,MR BEARS
https://www.facebook.com/reel/6316394238443047?mibextid=9imq16&fs=e&s=TIeQ9V
Wrecks Quan Dough
Harrison Bergeron said:

The conversation is put in terms of life and death. That article promoting practical, simple solutions 'LITERALLY WILL KILL PEOPLE."

If it saves just one life. We are all in this together.
midgett
Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts" is now the science.

Pick your "experts" (who you've already preapproved). Whatever they say is the "science". If you disagree with the experts, you aren't using science. You are therefore a science-denier.

Stupid.
Redbrickbear
https://twitter.com/bigjoe*******i/status/1682378893750091776?s=46&t=M0bDAyo9sOCd-LdXt_rpmA
Redbrickbear
BearN
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/climate-journalism-is-broken
climate journalism hasn't not been broken since the Farmer's Almanac was the top selling publication in the genre.
BearN
midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts" is now the science.

Pick your "experts" (who you've already preapproved). Whatever they say is the "science". If you disagree with the experts, you aren't using science. You are therefore a science-denier.

Stupid.
The left now ignores their own prophets

Redbrickbear
historian
Instead of "climate journalism" it should be labeled "climate propaganda." I don't know if it has ever been ver accurate but the accuracy clears seems to have declined significantly over the past 10-20 years especially when the Leftists in power pushing the "Green New Deal" to some other fraud.

Speaking of, has anyone noticed that Biden & his puppet masters have implemented much of the "Green New Deal" scam somewhat stealthily and very much illegally?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
The "experts" were bought off by politicians using our money.
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

"Rights" remove all/parts of things from democratic process. Abortion is a great example.

Here, we see her specifically campaigning to use "rights" as a tool to overturn the clear will of the voters.
Realitybites
Climate The Movie: The Cold Truth

https://rumble.com/v4klh96-climate-the-movie-the-cold-truth.html

Although it comes from an old earth perspective and therefore presents some incorrect information as factual, its exposure of the climate scam is pretty thorough with its treatment of urban heat islands and government policy.
Johnny Bear
historian said:

Instead of "climate journalism" it should be labeled "climate propaganda." I don't know if it has ever been ver accurate but the accuracy clears seems to have declined significantly over the past 10-20 years especially when the Leftists in power pushing the "Green New Deal" to some other fraud.

The consistent inaccuracy of the crazed climate fanatics and their direct ancestors goes back more like 50 plus years. I recall their dire predictions in the early 70's that we were at the threshold of a new apocalyptic ice age. Through the years the "doomsday threat" periodically changed to things like acid rain, the hole in the ozone, and eventually global warming. There were constant "prophecies" that if we didn't dramatically change and downgrade our lifestyles with the government spending ever increasing insane amounts of taxpayer money, the earth was going to become uninhabitable in 10 to 12 years because of whatever was the alleged threat at the time. Eventually after the fanatics got tired of global warming conferences getting snowed out they came up with "climate change" which is really clever because this way if we have a severe summer or a severe winter, or a devastating hurricane, etc., they've got the supposed reason for it covered.

These people are a joke and have been so for over half of a century. Any more, how anyone with at least half of a brain takes them seriously is beyond me.
historian
I remember those ice age predictions. It even made the cover of a major news weekly (fascist propaganda rag). It is totally idiotic but too many people blindly believe what they are told so it often still works. Today, at least, we have the internet and a plethora of alternate voices & viewpoints.
Harrison Bergeron
Another good one: https://www.politifact.com/article/2022/feb/07/kilimanjaros-ice-fields-didnt-disappear-2020-doesn/

Al Gore Jr. said the ice would disappear from Mount Kilamanjaro by 2020. I love the way the "fact check" sites twist themselves into knots to act like it does not matter.

Much like Covid - which I am convinced was a practice run for climate restrictions - how many time can the "experts" be wrong and we no longer consider them experts. Expertise is not a piece of paper or title but a proven track record of being correct.
historian
For 100+ years we've been trained to listen to "experts" without question. Bad habits can be difficult to break.
Johnny Bear
Harrison Bergeron said:

Another good one: https://www.politifact.com/article/2022/feb/07/kilimanjaros-ice-fields-didnt-disappear-2020-doesn/

Al Gore Jr. said the ice would disappear from Mount Kilamanjaro by 2020. I love the way the "fact check" sites twist themselves into knots to act like it does not matter.

The climate alarmist hustle is almost as lucrative as the race hustle. As P.T. Barnum once infamously said - "There's a sucker born every minute!".
Forest Bueller_bf
Redbrickbear said:

It's amazing that any metropolitan weather station ever comes out with a lower temp in the summer time than previous years. The heat island effect is real, with massive areas covered over by cement and black top, adding to that the removal of trees and grassy areas.

DFW for example in 1972 the entire metroplex had about 2 million people, now there are about 6.6 million. There was still plenty of open land in DFW. When we dropped my grandma off at DFW airport in 1975, it was mainly pasture land surrounding the area. Felt like it was in the middle of nowhere.

Now it is mainly paved over land cities surrouding the area. That weather station has a massive heat island effect now.

No way it wouldn't register several degrees higher than 50 years ago.Yet this is repeated at station after station across the planet. Much of the increase in temperatures has a "manmade" effect for sure. The heat island effect.
Harrison Bergeron
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

It's amazing that any metropolitan weather station ever comes out with a lower temp in the summer time than previous years. The heat island effect is real, with massive areas covered over by cement and black top, adding to that the removal of trees and grassy areas.

DFW for example in 1972 the entire metroplex had about 2 million people, now there are about 6.6 million. There was still plenty of open land in DFW. When we dropped my grandma off at DFW airport in 1975, it was mainly pasture land surrounding the area. Felt like it was in the middle of nowhere.

Now it is mainly paved over land cities surrouding the area. That weather station has a massive heat island effect now.

No way it wouldn't register several degrees higher than 50 years ago.Yet this is repeated at station after station across the planet. Much of the increase in temperatures has a "manmade" effect for sure. The heat island effect.
I do not know if this is true or urban myth ... I have heard several critics state that temperature monitoring stations are intentionally put in areas that have hotter surroundings via man-made things like concrete, etc. But that may be incorrect but would not surprise me.

Like Covid, the climate alarmists have lied to us so much it is unreasonable to trust them today. Besides, literally nothing the U.S. does will offset China (and India).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.