How many cars are built in the US?

1,859 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Guy Noir
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many cars are built in the US?
United Auto Workers are on strike against the big three automakers: General Motors, Ford, and Stellantis (Chrysler's parent company). Last year, the auto industry employed over 4.3 million people, making up 1.7% of all jobs nationwide. Which states have the most people working in the industry and how many cars are made in the US? Here are the recent numbers for a snapshot of the industry.
  • About 16 to 17 million vehicles are normally made in the US each year. In 2020, that dropped to 13.72 million.

• SUV production has grown since 2009, when producers made 2.3 million SUVs. They were the most produced type of vehicle in 2020 7.1 million comprising 52% of all vehicles made that year. Vans accounted for 3% (400,000 vehicles).
  • Employment in almost all areas of the auto industry grew from June 2022 to June 2023, including 50,200 more jobs in motor vehicle manufacturing and 39,100 more in automotive repair and maintenance. Employment in vehicle bodies and trailer manufacturing fell by 11,300.
  • USA Facts
cowboycwr
And the point of this post is???
Whiskey Pete
cowboycwr said:

That dude, over the last few months, has become more erratic, more incoherent and more obtuse than he already was.

The caretakers shouldn't let him near a computer anymore.
cowboycwr
Rawhide said:

cowboycwr said:

That dude, over the last few months, has become more erratic, more incoherent and more obtuse than he already was.

The caretakers shouldn't let him near a computer anymore.
On another thread someone said something about how his account seems to be the new cinque. Just posting random things, cutting and pasting things for a narrative, etc. Just like cinque used to do.
Waco1947
The point is Biden produced manufacturing jobs
whitetrash
Waco1947 said:

Only thing Biden produced was a solid stool, presuming he drank his prune juice this morning.
Waco1947
whitetrash said:

Waco1947 said:

Only thing Biden produced was a solid stool, presuming he drank his prune juice this morning.
And jobs
LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

whitetrash said:

Waco1947 said:

And jobs

back in the 50s, some called it big-job. So yes, you are correct
BaylorGuy314
At least 1.
BaylorGuy314
Waco1947 said:

I'm sorry, no president or Congress- D or R - gets credit for this crap.

The economy is bigger than a D or R. We had a massive decrease in employment during COVID. And as we crawl out that organically, someone gets credit for "creating jobs?"

During the summer, my yard looked crappy. It was hot. We couldn't water. In recent weeks after cooler weather and rain, it's now green and growing. Per this logic, I am an amazing landscaper!

LIB,MR BEARS
BaylorGuy314 said:

Waco1947 said:

I'm sorry, no president or Congress- D or R - gets credit for this crap.

The economy is bigger than a D or R. We had a massive decrease in employment during COVID. And as we crawl out that organically, someone gets credit for "creating jobs?"

During the summer, my yard looked crappy. It was hot. We couldn't water. In recent weeks after cooler weather and rain, it's now green and growing. Per this logic, I am an amazing landscaper!

If your a democrat, GET OFF MY LAWN!
cowboycwr
Waco1947 said:

That is not what the data shows.

He was NOT president during much of the growth from the data.
4th and Inches
cowboycwr said:

Waco1947 said:

That is not what the data shows.

He was NOT president during much of the growth from the data.
it also doesnt say if those jobs are actually return to work post covid and supply chain bog down
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Guy Noir
Tesla is an auto manufacturer too and they are beating the pants off the big 3. I do not believe they have an agreement with UAW. I heard on TV that UAW workers make 40% more than Tesla workers. UAW are going to hurt the big 3 automakers.
4th and Inches
Guy Noir said:

Tesla is an auto manufacturer too and they are beating the pants off the big 3. I do not believe they have an agreement with UAW. I heard on TV that UAW workers make 40% more than Tesla workers. UAW are going to hurt the big 3 automakers.
they dont..

UAW is a drain on the car manufacturing system. Its a dinosaur of the past that is an anchor weight on wages and sales
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
cowboycwr
4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

they dont..

UAW is a drain on the car manufacturing system. Its a dinosaur of the past that is an anchor weight on wages and sales
Same can be said for about 95% of unions. They are a thing of the past and don't do much today.
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Employers seeking profit produced jobs
Mothra
Waco1947 said:

You mean manufacturing jobs fell during the middle of a pandemic, and then increased after the pandemic? That is shocking, and undoubtedly proof that Biden is the answer. LOL.

Of course that's your point. Such a party shill.

Whiskey Pete
Guy Noir said:

Greedy UAW workers wanting to make more money at the expense of rising car prices for people that don't make as much as they do.
Whiskey Pete
cowboycwr said:

4th and Inches said:

Guy Noir said:

they dont..

Same can be said for about 95% of unions. They are a thing of the past and don't do much today.
Two of the biggest threats to jobs are unions and automation. As the unions grow in power, so does the automation.
midgett
Well, golly gee, Wally, I mean Waco1947, why would auto production drop during the pandemic when people couldn't work and didn't drive?

It is laughable for Biden to "support" and picket with the UAW while mandating x% electric vehicles by 2030. Ford, for one is producing EVs and losing their arse on them! So workers will be laid off and more automation will be purchased. Supporting the strike is causing current shortages in parts. Good luck with repairs (higher prices = inflation). 40% pay raise and fewer working hours also causes higher prices (= inflation).

He carries a picket sign with one hand while sticking a pink slip into their back pockets with his other hand.

Bidenomics is Bidenflation.
Waco1947
midgett said:

Well, golly gee, Wally, I mean Waco1947, why would auto production drop during the pandemic when people couldn't work and didn't drive?

It is laughable for Biden to "support" and picket with the UAW while mandating x% electric vehicles by 2030. Ford, for one is producing EVs and losing their arse on them! So workers will be laid off and more automation will be purchased. Supporting the strike is causing current shortages in parts. Good luck with repairs (higher prices = inflation). 40% pay raise and fewer working hours also causes higher prices (= inflation).

He carries a picket sign with one hand while sticking a pink slip into their back pockets with his other hand.

No ev's are creating jobs.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

jobs report shows loss of 800k meaning full jobs and replacement with 1.2m part time jobs

Not sure I would be crowing about that Hoss

–Horace

Fre3dombear
Waco1947 said:

whitetrash said:

Waco1947 said:

And jobs

Nah. But he did produce 9%Mortgages and slaughtered half a million Ukrainians.

If you voted for that, that's on you. Congrats to your kids if you have any and good luck. They fkd
midgett
Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

And if it's not a US auto company, the jobs are non-union, thank goodness.

Overpaid union jobs hurt employment.
Waco1947
midgett said:

Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Well no Unions are good.
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Well no Unions are good.
if you think unions are good, you are misguided.

If you think no unions are good, you are correct.

–Horace

LIB,MR BEARS
Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Well no Unions are good.

A little punctuation here would help.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!

Good one!
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
STxBear81
Biden leads in empty thoughts and cool photo shoots with sunglasses. poster boy for late 80 year old crowd with dementia.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Well no Unions are good.
Agree with you 100 percent! In 2023, no unions are good. Most are corrupt.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Because of the actions of Joe Biden and his administration, I will never buy an electric vehicle in my lifetime. Willing to pay more for a gas powered vehicle.

The Climate Crazies are going to bankrupt this country.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
boognish_bear
BearBall
Pause
Guy Noir
midgett said:

Waco1947 said:

midgett said:

Good point. The are a lot of non-US companies that are manufacturing (assembling) autos in the USA. I bought a Subaru that was manufactured here in the USA.

Osha provides a lot of the service that Unions used to provide. Unions now have an adversarial relationship to companies and they seem to be focused on milking as much of the bottom-line out of the companies with which they are engaged.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.