Poll shows DeSantis and Haley would both perform better than Trump against Biden

27,741 Views | 550 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by boognish_bear
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Whiskey Pete said:

boognish_bear said:

She was never going to win. Santos put a bad taste in the mouth of those voters for the GOP.
yep. and yet another loss by the RNC, who failed to deliver a win in a close election involving their chosen candidate.

It was a blue district, but the Party's job is to play offense on blue turf......
boognish_bear
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Recent polls suggest that a conviction is going to tank his presidency.

That of course won't prevent posters like whiterock from putting their faith in this re-tread loser.

MAGA is filled with a bunch of buffoons.
the neverTrumpers are even worse.

Pointing out the weaknesses in neverTrump or antTrump arguments is not MAGA. It's just good sense. Trump was always in a strong position to win the primary. His opponents spun the 2020 mid-term outcome against him very effectively, but he recovered and now has a lock on the nomination. Noting all that, which I predicted with 100% accuracy, is not MAGA. It's quite pragmatic.

My position every day has been that I'm going to support the nominee, no matter who, no matter what. I have some I like more than others, but you'll note I didn't criticize anyone except Hutchinson and Christie, who had no chance, no business even being in the race. I pointed out the positives of even the candidates I was personally less-than enthusiastic about.

In would prefer to have RDS as POTUS. He would, as I've said all along, be more effective than Trump at the agenda we need most. But he can't win the primary. And that much has been obvious for a solid 12 months.

Again, pointing all that out doesn't make me MAGA. Makes me a pragmatic conservative Republican who wants to win.
You defended every one of Trumps lies about DeSantis. I've never seen you say a critical word about Trump. You've pretty much defended his every action as good politics.

I am not sure defending a guy who hurts the party and our ability to win this election is what I would call pragmatic.

I suspect Trump will soon be running against someone other than Biden. It will be interesting to see if Trump fares as well against a candidate not named Biden.
Geez. You cannot just post an assessment. You have to spin everything. And what a convenient memory - have noted Trump's weaknesses many times.

Analyzing why Trump's attacks were effective (which they clearly were) is not "defending." I actually like RDS a lot, and have noted often (and recently) that he would likely be a more effective POTUS than Trump at the things of most important to me. I would not have been disappointed if RDS had defeated Trump in the primary, and will likely be a supporter in 2028. None of that is at odds with my consistent prediction that Trump would win the primary, though. And being quite comfortable with Trump as a nominee does not make me a mind-numbed MAGA-head. I'm more dispassionately grounded than them, or you, for that matter.

Trump is most likely to run against Biden, assuming latter is not dead or physically incapacitated (which could very well happen). 2nd most likely opponent is Harris, and she's polling worse than Biden. Big Mike might well be unbeatable but I'm not sure she is going to agree to do it. Axlerod just two days ago categorically ruled it out. The scenarios for bypassing Kamala are, uhm, difficult.

If Kamala ends up having to step in, expect to see "first woman POTUS" stuff ad nausem. and I do think Big Mike would endorse and even campaign a little (way preferrable to running). Also think it would be easier to get the coveted "Taylor Swift endorsement" Team Biden appears to be seeking. Endorsing a senescent old man is just engaging in partisan politics. But getting behind the first woman POTUS, and a minority one at that....well, that is what good girls do!
The problem is, no one asked you to analyze whether Trump's attacks were effective. What was asked is whether it was wrong of Trump to attack a fellow Republican with what we all knew to be lies, and whether that was good for the party. Your response was mere subterfuge. You chose to analyze whether that was an effective strategy instead of answering the questions posed because that would have been critical of Trump (which you will never be). And now you have your panties in a wad that I called you out over it.

Let's hope the faith and trust you put in the re-tread loser ends up being justified.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

That of course won't prevent posters like whiterock from putting their faith in this re-tread loser.

Pointing out the weaknesses in neverTrump or antTrump arguments is not MAGA. It's just good sense. Trump was always in a strong position to win the primary. His opponents spun the 2020 mid-term outcome against him very effectively, but he recovered and now has a lock on the nomination. Noting all that, which I predicted with 100% accuracy, is not MAGA. It's quite pragmatic.

My position every day has been that I'm going to support the nominee, no matter who, no matter what. I have some I like more than others, but you'll note I didn't criticize anyone except Hutchinson and Christie, who had no chance, no business even being in the race. I pointed out the positives of even the candidates I was personally less-than enthusiastic about.

In would prefer to have RDS as POTUS. He would, as I've said all along, be more effective than Trump at the agenda we need most. But he can't win the primary. And that much has been obvious for a solid 12 months.

Again, pointing all that out doesn't make me MAGA. Makes me a pragmatic conservative Republican who wants to win.
You defended every one of Trumps lies about DeSantis. I've never seen you say a critical word about Trump. You've pretty much defended his every action as good politics.

I am not sure defending a guy who hurts the party and our ability to win this election is what I would call pragmatic.

I suspect Trump will soon be running against someone other than Biden. It will be interesting to see if Trump fares as well against a candidate not named Biden.
Geez. You cannot just post an assessment. You have to spin everything. And what a convenient memory - have noted Trump's weaknesses many times.

Analyzing why Trump's attacks were effective (which they clearly were) is not "defending." I actually like RDS a lot, and have noted often (and recently) that he would likely be a more effective POTUS than Trump at the things of most important to me. I would not have been disappointed if RDS had defeated Trump in the primary, and will likely be a supporter in 2028. None of that is at odds with my consistent prediction that Trump would win the primary, though. And being quite comfortable with Trump as a nominee does not make me a mind-numbed MAGA-head. I'm more dispassionately grounded than them, or you, for that matter.

Trump is most likely to run against Biden, assuming latter is not dead or physically incapacitated (which could very well happen). 2nd most likely opponent is Harris, and she's polling worse than Biden. Big Mike might well be unbeatable but I'm not sure she is going to agree to do it. Axlerod just two days ago categorically ruled it out. The scenarios for bypassing Kamala are, uhm, difficult.

If Kamala ends up having to step in, expect to see "first woman POTUS" stuff ad nausem. and I do think Big Mike would endorse and even campaign a little (way preferrable to running). Also think it would be easier to get the coveted "Taylor Swift endorsement" Team Biden appears to be seeking. Endorsing a senescent old man is just engaging in partisan politics. But getting behind the first woman POTUS, and a minority one at that....well, that is what good girls do!
The problem is, no one asked you to analyze whether Trump's attacks were effective. What was asked is whether it was wrong of Trump to attack a fellow Republican with what we all knew to be lies, and whether that was good for the party. Your response was mere subterfuge. You chose to analyze whether that was an effective strategy instead of answering the questions posed because that would have been critical of Trump (which you will never be). And now you have your panties in a wad that I called you out over it.

Let's hope the faith and trust you put in the re-tread loser ends up being justified.
LOL you complain about a campaign tactic being unfair. I respond "that's politics, and pretty good politics at that." News Flash: This is politics. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not. Only matters if it's effective. If you can't come to terms with that, don't get into politics.

Other than Hutchinson and Christie, each of whom seemed to suffer from delusions of grandeur that they were going to save the party from Trump, I haven't launched a political attack at any of the candidates. Always analytical, pros & cons. Had several candidates I liked. One I held my tongue about. Only got mean about the two narcissists who deserved the critiques they got. I complimented several candidates, not just Trump, defended them all (except the two holier-than-thou guys).

And I continue to assess that Trump is our best chance of victory (even though if I could just wave a wand and make a coronation happen, I'd rather have RDS.) It's pretty obvious why. Have to work not to see it.

boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

you lost by 30% to none of these canidates..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

LOL you complain about a campaign tactic being unfair. I respond "that's politics, and pretty good politics at that." News Flash: This is politics. Doesn't matter if it's fair or not. Only matters if it's effective. If you can't come to terms with that, don't get into politics.

Other than Hutchinson and Christie, each of whom seemed to suffer from delusions of grandeur that they were going to save the party from Trump, I haven't launched a political attack at any of the candidates. Always analytical, pros & cons. Had several candidates I liked. One I held my tongue about. Only got mean about the two narcissists who deserved the critiques they got. I complimented several candidates, not just Trump, defended them all (except the two holier-than-thou guys).

And I continue to assess that Trump is our best chance of victory (even though if I could just wave a wand and make a coronation happen, I'd rather have RDS.) It's pretty obvious why. Have to work not to see it.
I see what you did there: as long as we can characterize lying about a fellow Republican as a "campaign tactic," we don't need to pass judgment on the morality or correctness of it, or look at how it affects the party, big picture. Trump above party and country!

I will remind you once again, you're answering questions I didn't ask. Not once did I ask for your opinion on whether it was good for Trump politically. I am not sure at this point you even remember what we were discussing.

Couldn't disagree more with your idea that Trump "is our best chance of victory." When he gets indicted, and when it comes down to a binary choice, the Dem is going to win (again). Wait and see.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

LOL. Doesn't matter whether you or I think they're wrong or not. Matters whether 51% or more of the primary voters think they're wrong or not. From the strong movement in numbers toward Trump, it seems pretty clear they like Trump's attacks on Haley more than her attacks on him.

I've been as tough on Trump as I have been on RDS, Haley, etc.....
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

LOL. Doesn't matter whether you or I think they're wrong or not. Matters whether 51% or more of the primary voters think they're wrong or not. From the strong movement in numbers toward Trump, it seems pretty clear they like Trump's attacks on Haley more than her attacks on him.

I would say they like Trump attacks on ANYONE. It is reality TV. Name me one rant that Trump has made that resulted in negatives? There are none. The type of person that will respond to those polls, likes attacks in general. They would like it even more if he said "Your FIRED!" like the old days. People don't get this is for real...
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Is it a reading comprehension problem or are you just the most obtuse poster on this board? For the fifth time, whether the sycophants think it's wrong or not, is completely irrelevant to my question. I asked for your opinion I don't care what the sycophants think.

Look, it's clear you don't want to weigh in on the morality of it. Next time just tell me you don't wanna answer my question stop wasting my time.

Your last sentence is laughable by the way. You haven't said a critical thing about Trump in the last two years. You are so desperate to see a republican win the presidency, you just can't bring yourself to do it.
Fre3dombear
FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

I would say they like Trump attacks on ANYONE. It is reality TV. Name me one rant that Trump has made that resulted in negatives? There are none. The type of person that will respond to those polls, likes attacks in general. They would like it even more if he said "Your FIRED!" like the old days. People don't get this is for real...

Probably most people look at "the for real" the Biden years, what their wives worry about at the dinner table and wondering when they'll ever have enough money again

And if they care about hundreds of thousands of dead whiteys in Biden obamas war and they say how much more of this can we take

They realize trump wasn't so bad. I wish republicans had someone else but obviously democrat socialists are horrible for the average person. Always have been.
FLBear5630
Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Probably most people look at "the for real" the Biden years, what their wives worry about at the dinner table and wondering when they'll ever have enough money again

And if they care about hundreds of thousands of dead whiteys in Biden obamas war and they say how much more of this can we take

They realize trump wasn't so bad. I wish republicans had someone else but obviously democrat socialists are horrible for the average person. Always have been.
Question is not what Republicans will do, it is will enough Dems and Independents swallow the throw-up and pull the lever for Trump??

I say not. No matter what the polls say, I say when the election occurs, Trump loses to Biden by 5 to 10 million.
Guy Noir
Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Republicans do have someone else. Her name is Nikki Haley.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Get the keys out?

boognish_bear
Fre3dombear
FLBear5630 said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Question is not what Republicans will do, it is will enough Dems and Independents swallow the throw-up and pull the lever for Trump??

I say not. No matter what the polls say, I say when the election occurs, Trump loses to Biden by 5 to 10 million.

Easily! Most people love their new found struggles and want them to continue.
Fre3dombear
Guy Noir said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Republicans do have someone else. Her name is Nikki Haley.

Hahahahahah

Ha

Hahahhahaahhahahahahaahhaa
Porteroso
Wangchung said:

boognish_bear said:

That's it! I'm going on an unarmed tour the capital!

Maybe don't break in while Congress is in session yelling about bringing Pelosi to justice or hanging the Vice President. Sign up for a tour like a normal person. Leave your handgun at home.
whiterock
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Is it a reading comprehension problem or are you just the most obtuse poster on this board? For the fifth time, whether the sycophants think it's wrong or not, is completely irrelevant to my question. I asked for your opinion I don't care what the sycophants think.

Look, it's clear you don't want to weigh in on the morality of it. Next time just tell me you don't wanna answer my question stop wasting my time.

Your last sentence is laughable by the way. You haven't said a critical thing about Trump in the last two years. You are so desperate to see a republican win the presidency, you just can't bring yourself to do it.
My opinion, since you insisted, is that you are virtue posturing - to make sure everyone knows you disapprove of Trump's campaign messaging for the purpose of demonstrating that you are both intellectually and morally superior being to the people voting for him. I appreciate that he is willing to do the tough things it takes to win. That's what it takes. Democrats are shameless with their messaging. It's foolish to think we will win without being even tougher. No question that's where ca 2/3 of the party is. They've seen what happens to Mr. Nice Guy candidates and are wisely demanding a nominee who will engage in whatever rhetorical pugilism it takes to win.

It is certainly not unreasonable to presume that polls can be wrong, misleading, or prone to change, but when all the polls show the same dynamics, it's edging into crackpottery to suggest they are all being cooked just to sucker Republicans into supporting Trump. He's pulling ahead and it's getting harder and harder to imagine what it would take to reverse the trend.

FLBear5630
Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Yeah, sucks. We get a choice of dementia/crooked Joe OR sleazy/crooked Donald...

I am reaching a point of supporting a Parliamentary form of Government. This is getting ridiculous.
4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

Yeah, sucks. We get a choice of dementia/crooked Joe OR sleazy/crooked Donald...

I am reaching a point of supporting a Parliamentary form of Government. This is getting ridiculous.
RFK is the choice in 24
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Fre3dombear said:

FLBear5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

RFK is the choice in 24
I wish he was his Dad...

But, he has some crackpot ideas. But, if ever there was an election to overlook crackpot ideas competing against "Corn Pop" Joe and "MAGA" Donald he may seem very sane on the stage...
Wangchung
Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

boognish_bear said:

That's it! I'm going on an unarmed tour the capital!

Maybe don't break in while Congress is in session yelling about bringing Pelosi to justice or hanging the Vice President. Sign up for a tour like a normal person. Leave your handgun at home.
I'll just chant about frying pigs like bacon since that seems to give one immunity from prosecution.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

boognish_bear
Not sure what Ron is going to be sharing today

boognish_bear
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

boognish_bear said:

He's probably not wrong

My opinion, since you insisted, is that you are virtue posturing - to make sure everyone knows you disapprove of Trump's campaign messaging for the purpose of demonstrating that you are both intellectually and morally superior being to the people voting for him. I appreciate that he is willing to do the tough things it takes to win. That's what it takes. Democrats are shameless with their messaging. It's foolish to think we will win without being even tougher. No question that's where ca 2/3 of the party is. They've seen what happens to Mr. Nice Guy candidates and are wisely demanding a nominee who will engage in whatever rhetorical pugilism it takes to win.

It is certainly not unreasonable to presume that polls can be wrong, misleading, or prone to change, but when all the polls show the same dynamics, it's edging into crackpottery to suggest they are all being cooked just to sucker Republicans into supporting Trump. He's pulling ahead and it's getting harder and harder to imagine what it would take to reverse the trend.

Should I point out once again that you didn't answer my question?

You just can't do it. Never knew you were such a pansy.

As for the polls, I will be happy to eat heapings of crow if Trump pulls off a miracle.

But it ain't happening. Trump will likely be in jail come election day.
boognish_bear
4th and Inches
boognish_bear said:

winnypegged is an outlier at this point.. your castle is built in sand Haley

–Horace

boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.