Does Braindead Joe get your vote?

3,788 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by FLBear5630
Wangchung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

When using univariate analysis like mental competence you might find yourself voting for Hitler over Chuck Norris
That's why the context of the two president's terms matters.
So, let's look into that.

Does anyone have real numbers on the comparison of where we really are? Not the pro-Left or pro-Right talking points, but real data.

Would love to see a comparison of the two terms over the full four years of both. Seems Trump started strong and tailed off. Biden started poorly but things seem to be getting better. Perception? Would love to see real numbers, not Biden is evil. Trump is a Fascist.

Sure. Look at border crossings and the actions each administration took. Look at democrat Covid shutdowns and reopening and how they affected economic and employment numbers. Take Covid out of the equation and Trump policies worked extremely well while Biden would have zero reopening numbers to try and take credit for and neither administration would have had reason to sign off on those democrat spending bills. Look at international diplomacy and the wars started under each administration. Choose a metric and compare with context.
Do you have a site? I am serious, really would like to compare. Too much rhetoric. My perceptions, no data. Trying to be objective, not personal.

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Military Readiness - Trump

Foreign Relations - Biden

Traditional Allies - Push (Trump wins on Israel/Middle East; Biden wins on NATO/Europe; China-Trump; India-Push and Russia-Biden)

Drugs/Law Enforcement - Trump

Tax - Trump

Domestic/Social - Biden (Sorry, I agree on Student Loans and Health Care)

Domestic/Interior - Trump

Presidential Demeanor - Push (Neither)

Supreme Court - Trump

Protection of Rights - Biden (Sorry, I get an Authoritarian desire from Trump)

Trust -Push (Neither)

As of right now, for me: Trump 6; Biden 4; Push 4 OVERALL - Too close to call...

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Foreign Relations - Trump

Traditional Allies - Orange Man (Trump wins on Israel/Middle East; Biden loses on NATO/Europe due to his telling Putin that Russia would see a muted response from the US if Russia kept their attack on Ukraine to a minor incursion; China-Trump; India-Push and Russia-Trump, for reasons listed)

Tax - Trump

Domestic/Social - Trump. He chose the right SC Justices that helped end Roe, saving hundreds of thousands of lives each year. He isn't afraid of cancel culture or offending the perpetually offended.

Supreme Court - Trump

Protection of Rights - Neither. Trump knee jerk banned bump stocks. Biden has stated "no right is absolute" multiple times, threatened citizens with f-16s and nukes, kept the border open through legal activism and physical cutting of fencing, and more.

Trust -Push (Neither)
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

When using univariate analysis like mental competence you might find yourself voting for Hitler over Chuck Norris

Does anyone have real numbers on the comparison of where we really are? Not the pro-Left or pro-Right talking points, but real data.

Would love to see a comparison of the two terms over the full four years of both. Seems Trump started strong and tailed off. Biden started poorly but things seem to be getting better. Perception? Would love to see real numbers, not Biden is evil. Trump is a Fascist.

Sure. Look at border crossings and the actions each administration took. Look at democrat Covid shutdowns and reopening and how they affected economic and employment numbers. Take Covid out of the equation and Trump policies worked extremely well while Biden would have zero reopening numbers to try and take credit for and neither administration would have had reason to sign off on those democrat spending bills. Look at international diplomacy and the wars started under each administration. Choose a metric and compare with context.
Trying to be objective, not personal.

Hmmmmmmm. I have no words.
Put up your scorecard. Or, do you just blanketly say either Trump or Biden are wrong and bad on everything.
The only thing Biden excels at seems to be falling down, pissing off mainstream America, and alienating our allies. Good to know you approve of people not paying their bills (student loans). That is so very important and sends a great message.

You try so hard to be objective and reasonable but every now and then your progressive liberal beliefs come gushing through. Your "scorecard" is a perfect example.

Trump overall grade on policies (foreign and domestic) -- B+

Biden overall grade on policies (foreign and domestic) - D-
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Do you have a site? I am serious, really would like to compare. Too much rhetoric. My perceptions, no data. Trying to be objective, not personal.

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Traditional Allies - Push (Trump wins on Israel/Middle East; Biden wins on NATO/Europe; China-Trump; India-Push and Russia-Biden)

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

As of right now, for me: Trump 6; Biden 4; Push 4 OVERALL - Too close to call...

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Traditional Allies - Orange Man (Trump wins on Israel/Middle East; Biden loses on NATO/Europe due to his telling Putin that Russia would see a muted response from the US if Russia kept their attack on Ukraine to a minor incursion; China-Trump; India-Push and Russia-Trump, for reasons listed)

Tax - Trump

Domestic/Social - Trump. He chose the right SC Justices that helped end Roe, saving hundreds of thousands of lives each year. He isn't afraid of cancel culture or offending the perpetually offended.

Supreme Court - Trump

Protection of Rights - Neither. Trump knee jerk banned bump stocks. Biden has stated "no right is absolute" multiple times, threatened citizens with f-16s and nukes, kept the border open through legal activism and physical cutting of fencing, and more.

Trust -Push (Neither)

Thank you for the respectful non-condescending response, it is appreciated. I have no issues with any of your responses. I am going to look into the "Protection of Rights" part, did not know that about the no right absolute. I appreciate that you are willing to back up your pro-Trump talk with reasons. In the end, we will end up voting for the same candidate.

I like Trumps policies better. But unlike some, I do believe that Biden has called out some areas that need to be resolved, maybe not to the typical Baylor alum but are problems to a lot of people. I would not mind seeing some advances in those areas, especially Student Loans and Health Care. I do also believe we need to determine as a Nation what our foreign policy is in regards to allies and their support. We seem to be all over the board.
FLBear5630
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Trying to be objective, not personal.

Hmmmmmmm. I have no words.
Put up your scorecard. Or, do you just blanketly say either Trump or Biden are wrong and bad on everything.
The only thing Biden excels at seems to be falling down, pissing off mainstream America, and alienating our allies. Good to know you approve of people not paying their bills (student loans). That is so very important and sends a great message.

You try so hard to be objective and reasonable but every now and then your progressive liberal beliefs come gushing through. Your "scorecard" is a perfect example.

Trump overall grade on policies (foreign and domestic) -- B+

Biden overall grade on policies (foreign and domestic) - D-
Sorry, if we are going to err, I would prefer on erring on the side of helping Americans live their lives, student loan debt is predatory the principle is paid off in 10 years the remaining 20 is interest. Don't agree with that. Health care should not be reserved to those that can afford it and be able to bankrupt you. We need allies.

I think this quote from a former President sums up my positions.

"I think it would be safe to say this: when it comes down to dealing with the relationships between the human in this country and his government, the people in this administration believe in being what I think we would normally call liberal; and when we deal with the economic affairs of this country, we believe in being conservative."

So, if that is Liberal on social issues. Than yes, I am much more moderate than many on here.

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Domestic \ Social ...….....Biden ?

Gotta luv the internet .

How about putting your ratings up for public scrutiny? Both you and WP love tossing rocks at others views. Go out on the limb and put your exotic watch collection out there for defense.

Let's here some real policy reasons besides the MAGA and self-righteous trivial you love to spew.

I gave my opinions, the fact that you and WP don't agree give me great solace.

Dude, if is still THAT close of a call for you , after what Joe Biden has inflicted on our country over the last 3 years …….by all means vote for the dementia sufferer.

Not interested in continuing to feed into your attention needs until November .

Have F-ing great Easter...

Yeah, how could anyone get bored conversing with a guy of your 'intellect' ?

Have a nice day.

Love it, you can insult people anyway you want and if they get snarky you get butt hurt. Grow up, you want to insult people they are going to insult you back. But, I have a sneaking suspicion what I say to you on your comments and treating people is not the first time you have heard it.

As for conversing, you have not shown ANY intellect. You have not contributed reasons for your positions and pretty much just like insulting people. To the point, I pretty much consider you a troll that is just trying to get responses. Are you and OldBear the same person? So, please ignore me...
KaiBear
Oh please stay.

It's my finest dream to spend the next several months till Election Day attempting to sway your incredibly vital vote .

Day after day. Thread after thread . Post after post.

Especially since you believe student loans are the bane of human existence.

After all how can anyone be expected to pay back loans used to attend a PRIVATE UNIVERSITY ? It's just so unfair !

Definitely apply this mature attitude with your credit card overdrafts . Maybe American taxpayers should likewise pay that off as well.

The oldest president in US history has 'earned your vote'.

Or at least bought it.

Remember that when an inebriated, uninsured illegal , smashes into your car.

4th and Inches
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Trump started off strong and ran into a once in a lifetime pandemic

Biden has quietly erased the middle class using inflation as an excuse. All those new employment numbers are the middle class taking on second jobs

BTW, they just decreased the dec employment numbers down like 800k

They consistently revise the employment numbers 2-3 months later to the real numbers.

So Bidens two big accomplishments are jobs but the numbers arent real and stock market which does nothing for the average home while trying to buy over inflated goods to feed their family
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
KaiBear
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

So Bidens two big accomplishments are jobs but the numbers arent real and stock market which does nothing for the average home while trying to buy over inflated goods to feed their family

Agreed

Highly unlikely any president would win re election in the middle of the worst pandemic in US history. Trump did a reasonable job , but short of an early draconian closure of our borders ……nothing was going to stop the infection wave. Toss in the grotesque obesity of our population …..a high death count was inevitable.

Biden's single biggest accomplishment has been to totally intimidate white, conservative Americans into total acquiescence in the face of his horrific policies .

The FBI and DOJ have effectively become organizations of flagrant oppression.

This next election will be a joke.

And no one will protest .

Politically, that is a hell of an accomplishment.

FLBear5630
4th and Inches said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Biden has quietly erased the middle class using inflation as an excuse. All those new employment numbers are the middle class taking on second jobs

BTW, they just decreased the dec employment numbers down like 800k

They consistently revise the employment numbers 2-3 months later to the real numbers.

I agree on the jobs. If you look at the biggest job creation periods in US history, they all come after depressions, recessions or some type of drop in jobs. The next Administration usually gets credit, even though it is just a cyclical economic thing. If you look, almost everyone is preceded by a huge event or downturn. So, I take Biden's job growth creation with a grain of salt.

What we need to get out of this mess, is REAL Growth at least 3%. We are not cutting spending to get out of this mess.

Doc Holliday
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

I would not mind seeing some advances in those areas, especially Student Loans and Health Care.
Seize the endowments to pay for student loans.

Make healthcare prices and meds transparent to create competition which would astronomically lower prices.

What we can't afford to do is raise taxes and make the middle class pay for student loans or raise taxes to pay for healthcare. This is what Democrats want. They're the party of the 1% who would love nothing more than crushing their competition and forcing the middle class to pay for everything.
KaiBear
As usual ......Doc gets it.
Doc Holliday
KaiBear said:

Thanks!

I'm frustrated with democrat voters because they refuse to acknowledge how left leaning policies can be used for grift, which is exactly what they're designed for.

I like to use the ACA as an example where the largest providers teamed up with Obama and both parties to purposefully create regulations they knew that smaller providers couldn't afford. The reason for doing so was to financially destabilize them which either forced the smaller providers to consolidate with the largest providers or bankrupt them which freed up marketshare for the larges providers. It was sold to the public as basically welfare and helping the poor/middle class.

As voters and as people in general, they're very caught up in superficial ideals.
FLBear5630
Doc Holliday said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

I would not mind seeing some advances in those areas, especially Student Loans and Health Care.
Seize the endowments to pay for student loans.

Make healthcare prices and meds transparent to create competition which would astronomically lower prices.

What we can't afford to do is raise taxes and make the middle class pay for student loans or raise taxes to pay for healthcare. This is what Democrats want. They're the party of the 1% who would love nothing more than crushing their competition and forcing the middle class to pay for everything.
That is one way. I have no issues with that being an option. Forfeit SS in exchange for SL payoff. I like that.

Another is to set conditions and make them pay for more than the cost and forgive the remaining interest. We have one model on the books that works, Military Service forgives SLs and the Public Service Forgiveness. After making 10 years of payments AND working for an approved agency you are done. There are definitely industries and areas of the Nation we as a Nation would benefit from more people working in. Paying 10 years or 120 payments is not letting anyone off for free the principle is more than paid off and there is profit.

I like SL forgiveness being part of VA Benefits.

If they want to just pay it off, have at it. Maybe tie early payoff for career fields we need to VA type mortgage or one with less money down.

Reward behaviors you want to see. Where we seem to differ is I don't think there should be one way, one size fits all for items that benefit the Nation. An educated work force is a positive, not a negative (even in degrees some don't value). And not everyone is as talented as those on this Board. The ones that get into Baylor may not need it, but the ones that can only get into Kingsville are in a different situation.
Wangchung
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Thank you for the respectful non-condescending response, it is appreciated. I have no issues with any of your responses. I am going to look into the "Protection of Rights" part, did not know that about the no right absolute. I appreciate that you are willing to back up your pro-Trump talk with reasons. In the end, we will end up voting for the same candidate.

I like Trumps policies better. But unlike some, I do believe that Biden has called out some areas that need to be resolved, maybe not to the typical Baylor alum but are problems to a lot of people. I would not mind seeing some advances in those areas, especially Student Loans and Health Care. I do also believe we need to determine as a Nation what our foreign policy is in regards to allies and their support. We seem to be all over the board.
As someone who worked hard to pay back his student loans, I cannot bring myself to agree that I and others should have to pay off the student loans of people who agreed to pay them back themselves. I agree that we need to find a way to stop healthcare needs from bankrupting people, but we need to find a way to do so that doesn't cede control to the government and also does not damage the current quality of US healthcare. I don't see Biden as doing anything for the people. He campaigns with vote buying promises that most people know will never pass congressional consideration. I hate that Trump is our best option but I am honest enough to admit I was wrong about him. I genuinely believed he would be Obama 2.0 with an R next to his name. I'm glad I was wrong. IMO he is the captain we need for the next 4 years, then we need a more moderate Republican to hold the line.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ShooterTX
Wangchung said:

I hate that Trump is our best option but I am honest enough to admit I was wrong about him.

Thank you for admitting that you were wrong. No much of that these days.

I too was wrong about Trump. I didn't think he would make good on ANY of his campaign promises in 2016... so I choose not to vote for anyone for president that year (first time in my life).
I was shocked and amazed at how wrong I was about Trump. In less than a year, he had come through on multiple campaign promises including SCOTUS and federal bench appointments. That was the biggest shock. I was certain that he would appoint left of center "moderates", at best.

I don't love his personality or his personal life choices... but he is far and away the best option for 2024. He may be the only guy who can undo all the damage that Biden has done.
ShooterTX
Wangchung
ShooterTX said:

Wangchung said:

I hate that Trump is our best option but I am honest enough to admit I was wrong about him.

Thank you for admitting that you were wrong. No much of that these days.

I too was wrong about Trump. I didn't think he would make good on ANY of his campaign promises in 2016... so I choose not to vote for anyone for president that year (first time in my life).
I was shocked and amazed at how wrong I was about Trump. In less than a year, he had come through on multiple campaign promises including SCOTUS and federal bench appointments. That was the biggest shock. I was certain that he would appoint left of center "moderates", at best.

I don't love his personality or his personal life choices... but he is far and away the best option for 2024. He may be the only guy who can undo all the damage that Biden has
done.
I sat in my truck for 10 minutes debating whether or not to go in and vote at all, but ultimately my knowledge of the Clintons got me up and in the building to vote for Trump. Four years later I couldn't wait to vote for him over Biden.
FLBear5630
Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

As someone who worked hard to pay back his student loans, I cannot bring myself to agree that I and others should have to pay off the student loans of people who agreed to pay them back themselves. I agree that we need to find a way to stop healthcare needs from bankrupting people, but we need to find a way to do so that doesn't cede control to the government and also does not damage the current quality of US healthcare. I don't see Biden as doing anything for the people. He campaigns with vote buying promises that most people know will never pass congressional consideration. I hate that Trump is our best option but I am honest enough to admit I was wrong about him. I genuinely believed he would be Obama 2.0 with an R next to his name. I'm glad I was wrong. IMO he is the captain we need for the next 4 years, then we need a more moderate Republican to hold the line.
So did my wife and I. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is a free ride. 10 years of payments AND service in area the Nation determines need is not giving anything. The principle and some interest is paid. I have no issues with the military paying off or the Public Service Forgiveness (which is 10 years of payments and working for Government).

Where I have a problem with the Student Loan is that it has become a profit center.
ShooterTX
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

So did my wife and I. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is a free ride. 10 years of payments AND service in area the Nation determines need is not giving anything. The principle and some interest is paid. I have no issues with the military paying off or the Public Service Forgiveness (which is 10 years of payments and working for Government).

Where I have a problem with the Student Loan is that it has become a profit center.
I think the saddest thing is that universities have become major profit centers. Just look at UT. They forcibly take our money in taxes to support a school with the largest endowment in the world? ***?
They could easily give a full ride to 100% of their undergrads, but instead they use their money to lobby the state for anti-Texan legislation and other woke nonsense.

The university system is broken. We need an entire overhaul on funding, taxation, tenure, lobbying, etc.

ShooterTX
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Thanks!

I'm frustrated with democrat voters because they refuse to acknowledge how left leaning policies can be used for grift, which is exactly what they're designed for.

I like to use the ACA as an example where the largest providers teamed up with Obama and both parties to purposefully create regulations they knew that smaller providers couldn't afford. The reason for doing so was to financially destabilize them which either forced the smaller providers to consolidate with the largest providers or bankrupt them which freed up marketshare for the larges providers. It was sold to the public as basically welfare and helping the poor/middle class.

As voters and as people in general, they're very caught up in superficial ideals.
Well, what I can tell you that I'm self insured (2 kids also). No help from corporations or govt jobs. Obama Care serves a great purpose. I wouldn't be able to get insurance if it wasn't for ACA. (pre-existing condition). Someone please tell me how that is wrong.
J.R.
FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

I have a big problem with student loan forgiveness . I was fortunate enough that my parents could pay for BU and SMU (MBA) with no debt. I did the same for my kids. zero debt and one of them went Furman and wow is it expensive. Hell, I'd love not to take out a loan for $400K (ridiculous) and get a little free college for them.
J.R.
ShooterTX said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

I think the saddest thing is that universities have become major profit centers. Just look at UT. They forcibly take our money in taxes to support a school with the largest endowment in the world? ***?
They could easily give a full ride to 100% of their undergrads, but instead they use their money to lobby the state for anti-Texan legislation and other woke nonsense.

The university system is broken. We need an entire overhaul on funding, taxation, tenure, lobbying, etc.

What the hell do you think Baylor is doing? It is no different , but much , much more experience. UT is the best University in the state for the $. I can't stand them, but it is a fact.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

What the hell do you think Baylor is doing? It is no different , but much , much more experience. UT is the best University in the state for the $. I can't stand them, but it is a fact.
Thought for sure, English Chris, you would be an Oxford man.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
FLBear5630
J.R. said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

I have a big problem with student loan forgiveness . I was fortunate enough that my parents could pay for BU and SMU (MBA) with no debt. I did the same for my kids. zero debt and one of them went Furman and wow is it expensive. Hell, I'd love not to take out a loan for $400K (ridiculous) and get a little free college for them.
I think the point everyone is missing is what I am describing is not free. 10 years of monthly payments, mine was 522 a month, which comes up to 62,640 for my Baylor MPPA and I worked at local governments for the 10 years making crap. They made quite a bit off of me, I didn't even stay on campus and commuted from Temple.

Now, BU grad school is not a 400k note. I can only imagine the payments. But, if you think you can make more in the private sector and pay it off, more power to you. It is an option, not mandatory.
Harrison Bergeron
J.R. said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Student loan forgiveness is another immoral Democrat-sponsored transfer of wealth from the middle class and poor to the uber wealthy.

Biden is the worst, most authoritarian-fascist president since FDR. He also may be the most divisive, hateful president in history.

I literally would vote for virtually anyone other than him.
Jack Bauer
She's questioning the integrity of the election - that's a DIRECT THREAT to our DEMOCRACY!

Literally shaking....

Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Thanks!

Well, what I can tell you that I'm self insured (2 kids also). No help from corporations or govt jobs. Obama Care serves a great purpose. I wouldn't be able to get insurance if it wasn't for ACA. (pre-existing condition). Someone please tell me how that is wrong.
Millions of Americans had individual (non-group) health coverage they liked, but lost it almost immediately or within 2 years because ObamaCare mandated new or expanded coverages that weren't part of most individual health plans, so those plans weren't qualified under the law's mandate to have insurance.

Obama claimed that a family's annual premium would drop by $2,500. You were lucky if your family premium went up by ONLY $2,500 over the next few years.

There's a lot of problems with it.
Whiskey Pete
Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Thanks!

Millions of Americans had individual (non-group) health coverage they liked, but lost it almost immediately or within 2 years because ObamaCare mandated new or expanded coverages that weren't part of most individual health plans, so those plans weren't qualified under the law's mandate to have insurance.

Obama claimed that a family's annual premium would drop by $2,500. You were lucky if your family premium went up by ONLY $2,500 over the next few years.

We have insurance through employer.

Before Obama's ACA we paid $436 per month for 3 of us. We did pay co-pay, but otherwise no deductible and 100% covered.

After ACA: Our premium went up to $733 per month with a $1,500 deductible and not 100% covered anymore. Out of pocket expense $4,500 per individual $9,000 for family.
KaiBear
FLBear5630 said:

J.R. said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

I think the point everyone is missing is what I am describing is not free. 10 years of monthly payments, mine was 522 a month, which comes up to 62,640 for my Baylor MPPA and I worked at local governments for the 10 years making crap. They made quite a bit off of me, I didn't even stay on campus and commuted from Temple.

Now, BU grad school is not a 400k note. I can only imagine the payments. But, if you think you can make more in the private sector and pay it off, more power to you. It is an option, not mandatory.

Do I understand you correctly ……you willingly took out massive student loans in order to attend an extremely expensive PRIVATE UNIVERSITY ?

Then the degree did not result in good salary for approximately 10 years ?

FLBear5630
KaiBear said:

FLBear5630 said:

J.R. said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Do I understand you correctly ……you willingly took out massive student loans in order to attend an extremely expensive PRIVATE UNIVERSITY ?

Then the degree did not result in good salary for approximately 10 years ?

No, I went to Baylor after I got out of the Army and it was 20 miles away and my wife worked at Scott & White. My degree actually pays well, after you get through the initial period. My degree is in City Management and I worked most of my early career in small cities. City Managers, Dept Heads and consulting make good money, but you have to put in your time and learn. The places I started are places where the City Manager made only 39k and getting a 4.6M bond issue is a big deal (My first Bond issue for drainage). But, I didn't get into my degree simply to make money, after Desert Storm I wanted to build things not blow them up and being an Armored Officer as a goal had lost its luster.

So, I have spent my life building parks, roads, dog parks, trails, drainage facilities, maintaining toll roads and creating emergency response plans that impact 1000's of people. Hell, I even built small recycling centers. When I die, I am very content that I left this place better than when I found it.

What have you built besides your personal wealth and the desire to embarrass people who don't think like you ? (Thank God, I don't think like you) You do have an investment watch collection, so I guess that is something.
ShooterTX
J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

My daughter was accepted at both schools, but the financial package offered by Baylor made it less expensive than UT.

I am thrilled as I would NEVER pay a penny towards that horrific indoctrination institution in Austin!
ShooterTX
FLBear5630
ShooterTX said:

J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

My daughter was accepted at both schools, but the financial package offered by Baylor made it less expensive than UT.

I am thrilled as I would NEVER pay a penny towards that horrific indoctrination institution in Austin!

Loyola Chicago did same for my daughter. But, you have to have good grades to get them. Your daughter must have done well, congrats.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
ShooterTX said:

J.R. said:

ShooterTX said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

FLBear5630 said:

Wangchung said:

ron.reagan said:

Border - Trump

Economy - Push

Trade - Biden

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Border - Trump

Economy - Trump

Trade - Trump

Tax - Trump

Supreme Court - Trump

Trust -Push (Neither)

Congrats.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
ScottS
Not this year. Maybe in 2028. We'll see.
Doc Holliday
Whiskey Pete said:

Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

Doc Holliday said:

KaiBear said:

Thanks!

We have insurance through employer.

Before Obama's ACA we paid $436 per month for 3 of us. We did pay co-pay, but otherwise no deductible and 100% covered.

After ACA: Our premium went up to $733 per month with a $1,500 deductible and not 100% covered anymore. Out of pocket expense $4,500 per individual $9,000 for family.
All by design to increase the profit of insurers.
C. Jordan
ShooterTX said:

Who on earth is actually in favor of "leadership" like this?

At least he can remember who he's running against.

I would vote for him even if here were dead over Trump!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.