The Livingstone Era of Moral Relativism in Action

1,446 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by Fre3dombear
NeuroticBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is what Baylor has become. Congrats to the Marxists…you've won

BaylorBigfoot
What a disgrace.
BE SURE TO ASK FOR THE BIGFOOT SPECIAL AT ANY BURGER JOINT! I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN! DOUBLE B'S OUUUTT!
Redbrickbear
NeuroticBear said:

It really is sad.

I went to Baylor in the early part of the vision 2012 stuff and really thought the school was serious about working to integrate faith and learning at a high level… Notre Dame type level of education

And then this is what we get….pseudo-intellectual liberalism gone wild

Sad
NeuroticBear
Redbrickbear said:

NeuroticBear said:

It really is sad.

I went to Baylor in the early part of the vision 2012 stuff and really thought the school was serious about working to integrate faith and learning at a high level… Notre Dame type level of education

Sad
When she did the "Baylor founders were racist" apology tour within her first six months on the job, I knew then that we had crossed the Rubicon, and Baylor would never be the same.
Redbrickbear
NeuroticBear said:

Redbrickbear said:

NeuroticBear said:

It really is sad.

Sad
When she did the "Baylor founders were racist" apology tour within her first six months on the job, I knew then that we had crossed the Rubicon, and Baylor would never be the same.

Imagine getting a job that pays you close to $1 million a year and then you immediately start bad mouthing the men who created the place that is paying you and kept it afloat through some unbelievably hard decades at the beginning…
BusyTarpDuster2017
The other part of this that diminishes Baylor is the fact they offer a Harry Potter class.

I mean, come on, really?
Harrison Bergeron
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

The other part of this that diminishes Baylor is the fact they offer a Harry Potter class.

I mean, come on, really?
Correct. We have an idiot teaching a college course on children's books. That's why China laughs at us.
Johnny Bear
Harrison Bergeron said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I mean, come on, really?
Correct. We have an idiot teaching a college course on children's books. That's why China laughs at us.

Even if it's just designed to be some one hour elective course, what a stupid idea. Might as well also offer a course on The Three Stooges.
drahthaar
Johnny Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I mean, come on, really?

Even if it's just designed to be some one hour elective course, what a stupid idea. Might as well also offer a course on The Three Stooges.

Have you checked the Film Society?
OsoCoreyell
Is he a religion professor?
Proud 1992 Alum
Any chance that guy is an adjunct? I hope so. Rowling has been awesome on free speech and the trans insanity.
Grumpy
No, Garrett is probably the most popular and prominent English professor now at Baylor.
boognish_bear
OsoCoreyell said:

Is he a religion professor?

whitetrash
Grumpy said:

No, Garrett is probably the most popular and prominent English professor now at Baylor.
Redbrickbear
Grumpy said:

Well he is certainly becoming the most prominent I will give you that.

God I hope he is not the most popular.
Grumpy
Please understand, I wasn't defending him by any stretch. But it is true that he is very popular and influential for students. And his books are pretty popular for a college professor. So he is a known entity and Baylor markets him as one they are proud of.
ABC BEAR
What we need is a course celebrating the works of Mickey Spillane, a great American novelist who knew how to handle women.
CammoTX
Harrison Bergeron said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I mean, come on, really?

Well they do send a lot of kids to attend Baylor. And cheat in the classes, but point taken
Redbrickbear
Grumpy said:

…Baylor markets him as one they are proud of.

Oh I bet modern Baylor leadership does….

Says everything doesn't it
C. Jordan
NeuroticBear said:

Love the cherry-picking so we could have another thread of faux outrage.

He was basically contrasting the values of her novels with her tweets.

(As an aside, it's interesting how so many around here are triggered by trans people)

Things were obviously much better when we had the Epstein-enabling Ken Starr as our prez.

Livingstone is doing a great job, and I'm so thankful she's at BU.
Redbrickbear
C. Jordan said:

NeuroticBear said:

Things were obviously much better when we had the Epstein-enabling Ken Starr as our pre.

Livingstone is doing a great job, despite criticism from misogynistic Neanderthals.

If you read through his Twitter/X profile you will see this is not "cherry picking" this is who Garrett is….a progressive psychopath

And people can rightly criticize Livingstone's more liberal direction on campus without being "misogynistic Neanderthals"

Her genitalia has nothing to do with ideological/values judgments.
Frank Galvin
I agree with Rowling on her free speech stand and have never seen her say or post anything that is actually anti-trans. So I think Garrett is dead wrong on this issue.

I also think a university needs to have students and professors who I disagree with. If not, it is just an indoctrination factory.
Redbrickbear
Frank Galvin said:

I agree with Rowling on her free speech stand and have never seen her say or post anything that is actually anti-trans. So I think Garrett is dead wrong on this issue.

I also think a university needs to have students and professors who I disagree with. If not, it is just an indoctrination factory.

Baylor increasingly is under no threat of being a conservative indoctrination factory.

If anything it's moving the opposite direction with deliberate speed.

I can't think of the last time Baylor hired a conservative…it's starting to be a rare event
Frank Galvin
Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Baylor increasingly is under no threat of being a conservative indoctrination factory.

I can't think of the last time Baylor hired a conservative…it's starting to be a rare event

Our definition of conservative must be different.
Redbrickbear
Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Our definition of conservative must be different.

Hard to know how you define that…but can you name any conservative professor (by your own definition) that has been hired by Baylor recently? Say the past 4 years…

Just one?
NeuroticBear
C. Jordan said:

NeuroticBear said:

He was basically contrasting the values of her novels with her tweets.

(As an aside, it's interesting how so many around here are triggered by trans people)

Things were obviously much better when we had the Epstein-enabling Ken Starr as our prez.

Livingstone is doing a great job, and I'm so thankful she's at BU.
Congrats. You're emblematic of what's wrong with Baylor *and* modern Christianity.

There's no "cherry picking" of a direct claim that Rowling is "hateful" for criticizing a group of mentally ill people who are trying to criminalize rejection of their illness.
Porteroso
ABC BEAR said:

What we need is a course celebrating the works of Mickey Spillane, a great American novelist who knew how to handle women.

How to handle women? This is the ammo that drives this sort of looney behavior.
Fre3dombear
Proud 1992 Alum said:

Any chance that guy is an adjunct? I hope so. Rowling has been awesome on free speech and the trans insanity.

#ProtectElon
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.