Townhall: Fascists Funny Definition of Facism

1,878 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by historian
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From Townhall:

According to weirdos, Donald Trump's likely return to the White House will usher in an age of fascism unprecedented in American history, which is odd since a Trump presidency was recently precedent in American history, and that interregnum of constitutional governance brought us our only respite from nascent fascism as defined by people who know what fascism is in the last fifteen years or so. We heard this in 2016, too, and in 2020 as well. Hysterical warnings about Trumpussolini are all the rage again, only they are more hysterical than before as it dawns on the left that maybe renominating a corrupt, desiccated old pervert publicly sundowning his way to Senility City even as he wrecks the economy, betrays our allies, kills our soldiers, prosecutes political opponents, and invites the entire Third World to camp out on our collective lawn makes for a president whose popularity going into the election is comparable to that of colon polyps and lung cheese.

---
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

According to weirdos, Donald Trump's likely return to the White House will usher in an age of fascism unprecedented in American history, which is odd since a Trump presidency was recently precedent in American history, and that interregnum of constitutional governance brought us our only respite from nascent fascism as defined by people who know what fascism is in the last fifteen years or so. We heard this in 2016, too, and in 2020 as well. Hysterical warnings about Trumpussolini are all the rage again, only they are more hysterical than before as it dawns on the left that maybe renominating a corrupt, desiccated old pervert publicly sundowning his way to Senility City even as he wrecks the economy, betrays our allies, kills our soldiers, prosecutes political opponents, and invites the entire Third World to camp out on our collective lawn makes for a president whose popularity going into the election is comparable to that of colon polyps and lung cheese.

---
The only thing scarier and more dangerous than Joe Biden is someone willing to cast a vote for Joe Biden. We must be one of the least intelligent countries per capita in the world at this point. It is embarrassing.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Sam Lowry
Fascism could hardly thrive if people didn't think the alternative was worse. When that's your best argument, you've conceded the point.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Fascism could hardly thrive if people didn't think the alternative was worse. When that's your best argument, you've conceded the point.
But fascist behavior has to exist in order for one to legitimately be labeled a fascist. Trump has displayed exactly zero fascist behaviors.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Tempus Edax Rerum
Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---
I'm not sure most people know the definition of fascism and who made it popular in the first place. On the other hand that idiot Trump doesn't help himself when he makes post using the word Reich.
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Trump has displayed exactly zero fascist behaviors.
Sadly that is not your best argument.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Well by my measure it's zero. What's your measure beyond merely applying the label?
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Sam Lowry
Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Well by my measure it's zero. What's your measure beyond merely applying the label?
Count again, but pretend he's a Democrat. If you still say zero you're kidding yourself.
Wangchung
Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Wangchung said:

Sam Lowry said:

Count again, but pretend he's a Democrat. If you still say zero you're kidding yourself.
So zero? You seem so convinced, listing the reasons why shouldn't be impossible.
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

That's a pointless comment, even for someone who still wears a rona mask alone on a deserted island. \
JXL
The problem is that the term "fascism" has been redefined to mean "anything or anyone which disagrees in any way with current leftist orthodoxy."
Harrison Bergeron
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---
I'm not sure most people know the definition of fascism and who made it popular in the first place. On the other hand that idiot Trump doesn't help himself when he makes post using the word Reich.
Thank you for feeding the OP's argument (fascism is Italian. "Reich" is German.)
Realitybites
And yet 40% of the country will reflexively vote for colon polyps and lung cheese because buttsex, baby killing, and free (albeit rapidly depreciating) money.

...and current leftist orthodoxy is fascism. They dont believe in the state ownership of capital with five year plans anymore. It is much more efficient (and profitable) for party apparatchiks to have too big to fail companies to control the proles.
Porteroso
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---
The only thing scarier and more dangerous than Joe Biden is someone willing to cast a vote for Joe Biden. We must be one of the least intelligent countries per capita in the world at this point. It is embarrassing.

Many would say the same about your intelligence. All the while the elites thrive. It must be entertaining for them to watch the populace think their neighbor is the devil himself.

You guys are keeping your cool now, but one of you will FloridaMike this forum all up in a few months. You are the zealots that think life is terrible because Biden was elected.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---

Many would say the same about your intelligence. All the while the elites thrive. It must be entertaining for them to watch the populace think their neighbor is the devil himself.

You guys are keeping your cool now, but one of you will FloridaMike this forum all up in a few months. You are the zealots that think life is terrible because Biden was elected.
A couple of things. Biden supporters are willing to vote for a guy that has no clue what year it is. That pretty much says all that needs to be said. I do not think my neighbors are the Devil himself. I just don't think they are the brightest bulbs on the tree.

Life is good no matter who is President. A poor choice just makes life a little more difficult for everyone, - no less precious.

-- Barack Obama
Malbec
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---

Realitybites
Quote:

Not at all. I've looked at Biden's plan for a second term; it's not one I can live under. I'll fight the ideological war so long as it's winnable. In the event that it's lost, well there's no point in being the last Japanese soldier hiding in a cave 40 years after VJ day and it will be time to look for greener pastures.

That's how rational people look at life, not by throwing tantrums. At some point when the coach says "we're scrapping the spread and going to run the triple option" the fast receivers and the QB with the great arm hit the transfer portal.
Harrison Bergeron
It just generally ignores me when people define "fascism" as "anything I disagree with."

Technically, the Democrats deploy more fascist-style techniques than any Republican. Too bad we have so many low-information voters that get news from The View.
historian
Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---

Actually a dead brain worm is more popular than Joe Biden:

https://babylonbee.com/news/dead-worm-found-in-rfk-jrs-brain-already-polling-higher-than-biden-in-11-states
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
It's a safe bet that most people don't really know fascism is. Too many believe the lies they were taught in school designed to obfuscate and mislead. If I'm not mistaken, the belief that fascism is a form of capitalism originated with Stalin or some Soviet apparatchik of that era.
Porteroso
Realitybites said:

Quote:

Not at all. I've looked at Biden's plan for a second term; it's not one I can live under. I'll fight the ideological war so long as it's winnable. In the event that it's lost, well there's no point in being the last Japanese soldier hiding in a cave 40 years after VJ day and it will be time to look for greener pastures.

That's how rational people look at life, not by throwing tantrums. At some point when the coach says "we're scrapping the spread and going to run the triple option" the fast receivers and the QB with the great arm hit the transfer portal.

You are moving to what country if Biden wins?
GrowlTowel
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---
The only thing scarier and more dangerous than Joe Biden is someone willing to cast a vote for Joe Biden..

I like the way you phrased this. I have been kicking around something similar to coin . . .

The people who think Donald Trump is a threat to democracy, are the threats to democracy.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

Realitybites said:

Quote:

You are moving to what country if Biden wins?
We're not moving. We will take our country back. Will be the shortest Civil War in the history of the world. I have no doubt you will find a safe space.

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
Been saying the same thing for years.

Harrison Bergeron
Doc Holliday said:

Been saying the same thing for years.

The current Democrat Party demonstrates more alignment with National Socialist Germany than any American political party in history.
historian
GrowlTowel said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

From Townhall:

---
The only thing scarier and more dangerous than Joe Biden is someone willing to cast a vote for Joe Biden..

I like the way you phrased this. I have been kicking around something similar to coin . . .

The people who think Donald Trump is a threat to democracy, are the threats to democracy.

And their actions have proved it over the past several years. Yesterday's verdict is the most dramatic example.
historian
To a frightening degree.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.