Canada

715 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by KaiBear
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KaiBear
It saddens me how the best country in the western hemisphere went to total **** so quickly.

Never would have never dreamed Canadians would have so passively yielded their personal liberties.

Meanwhile the Dems are taking notes.

J.R.
KaiBear said:

It saddens me how the best country in the western hemisphere went to total **** so quickly.

Never would have never dreamed Canadians would have so passively yielded their personal liberties.

I find it really ironic that you dudes pull crap of the Twitter/X from an an unknown clown and you think it is legit. what is wrong with you people? When is the last time you have spent time in Canada? It is a great place. People are fanatic . I'd submit, we are so much more ****ed up than Canada it isn't funny.
90sBear
J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

I find it really ironic that you dudes pull crap of the Twitter/X from an an unknown clown and you think it is legit. what is wrong with you people? When is the last time you have spent time in Canada? It is a great place. People are fanatic . I'd submit, we are so much more ****ed up than Canada it isn't funny.

There have been multiple criticisms.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/06/canada-online-harms-act/678605/

A bill making its way through the Canadian Parliament would impose draconian criminal penalties on hate speech and curtail people's liberty in order to stop crimes they haven't yet committed.

https://theccf.ca/ccf-concerned-by-online-harms-act/

The Bill would allow judges to put prior restraints on people who they believe on reasonable grounds may commit speech crimes in the future. The accused would be forced to choose between imprisonment or a "recognizance to keep the peace" that may be accompanied by severe conditions such as giving a bodily sample, refraining from drugs and alcohol, giving up firearms and wearing an ankle monitor.

Jack and DP
J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

So you're saying this isn't legit?

Worst of all, from a civil-liberties point of view, Justin Trudeau's Online Harms Act would allow government officials to haul citizens before tribunals on suspicion that they might say something hateful in the future. If that sounds like science fiction, yes, you've probably seen at least one movie with that plot line.

https://quillette.com/2024/06/19/justin-trudeaus-ominous-online-harms-act-minority-report-comes-to-canada/
Realitybites
Canada is no longer a free country. But before we criticize Canada too much, we are the country with a wide open southern border that is allowing a couple of million illegals to pour over, parasitize our social safety net, and murder/rape our citizens and children. Also, compare what the Canadian truckers did to our grifters (who went to DC, drove around in circles, met with a friendly politician or two, and went home).
KaiBear
J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

Get stuffed.

My views in regards to what's happening in Canada have nothing to do with internet sources.

But rather from two dozen cousins and one remaining uncle. The majority of whom still reside in Quebec City. With a smattering of others living in Calgary and Vancouver.

My mother and eldest sister were born in Quebec City and never bothered to get American citizenship as they saw no reason to downgrade .

Any more questions for me goofus ?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canada is here. He just goes by a different name these days.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

From the guy that believed the Russia Hoax was real and Hunter's laptop is fake. Random dudes on Twitter tend to be more reliable than CNN.
Doc Holliday
J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

I find it ironic that you think a summary of the bill in an x post is illegitimate even though the bill itself clearly states exactly what the x post summarizes.

JR…you gotta stop looking for authority to tell you what's going on and start looking yourself.
J.R.
Doc Holliday said:

J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

I find it ironic that you think a summary of the bill in an x post is illegitimate even though the bill itself clearly states exactly what the x post summarizes.

JR…you gotta stop looking for authority to tell you what's going on and start looking yourself.
bro. I think I go it. I'm a punk rock kid from the early 80s (HS). I don't do authority other that the IRS
Redbrickbear
KaiBear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Canada is here. He just goes by a different name these days.

Have told you several times, both on this forum and in responding to your uninvited PM's…..that I am not who you think.

At first it was amusing, but not for a long while.

Have a nice day.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.