Should trump change his VP?

9,646 Views | 170 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by boognish_bear
Johnny Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

I usually agree with Tomi Lahren, but in this case she is falling for the mischaracterization of Vance's comment. He didn't call all single suburban women without kids "childless cat ladies". He was commenting on the human nature tendency to not care as much (or not care at all) about the future beyond your own life if you don't have the personal stake in it that people with children have while referring to some of those in power that fit that description as "childless cat ladies". Anyone is certainly free to disagree with the comment within context, but we don't need conservative commentators like Lahren joining in on the distortion that Vance was broadly attacking a whole category of people such as all single childless suburban women.
The_barBEARian
BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

My wife was pretty excited when Vance was first announced....but the more she hears now though the less enthusiasm she's having for the pick.

Agree that the top ticket is what really matters....but in a race that may end up having pretty tight margins any slight negative could be damaging.

This is how I feel as well. We can argue and debate whose worse between Trump & Kamala, but the average American has a poor opinion on both, making the VP picks way more consequential than a typical election.

IMO Vance was a terrible pick from a strategic front, as all he really does is represent the voter base that was already voting Trump to begin with.

Vance was a hubris pick that is going to come back and bite Trump. Scott, Haley, Burchum, even Gabbard would have been good picks as they bring something to the table. Vance brings nothing and even looks like a grooming to continue 8 more years of Trump after he is done. That is going to be deterrent to vote for them.
100% agree. Any of the names mentioned would have been significantly better.

Haley would have been horrific... he would have lost his base.
muddybrazos
FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

My wife was pretty excited when Vance was first announced....but the more she hears now though the less enthusiasm she's having for the pick.

Agree that the top ticket is what really matters....but in a race that may end up having pretty tight margins any slight negative could be damaging.

This is how I feel as well. We can argue and debate whose worse between Trump & Kamala, but the average American has a poor opinion on both, making the VP picks way more consequential than a typical election.

IMO Vance was a terrible pick from a strategic front, as all he really does is represent the voter base that was already voting Trump to begin with.

Vance was a hubris pick that is going to come back and bite Trump. Scott, Haley, Burchum, even Gabbard would have been good picks as they bring something to the table. Vance brings nothing and even looks like a grooming to continue 8 more years of Trump after he is done. That is going to be deterrent to vote for them.
I dont think Trump even picked Vance. Vance is owned by Peter Thiel who is putting up a ton of money to back republicans bc he owns govt contractor Palantir. This is probably why Vance was put into place. At least Vance has some good ideas and he went to Yale law so that usually opens plenty of doors for somebody with presidential ambitions. I just hope they dont put other awful hacks like Nikki Haley into the Trump admin.
Redbrickbear
muddybrazos said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

I dont think Trump even picked Vance. Vance is owned by Peter Thiel who is putting up a ton of money to back republicans bc he owns govt contractor Palantir. This is probably why Vance was put into place. At least Vance has some good ideas and he went to Yale law so that usually opens plenty of doors for somebody with presidential ambitions. I just hope they dont put other awful hacks like Nikki Haley into the Trump admin.

I am preparing to be disappointed
Jack Bauer
Trump needs female voters b/c ...he talks like Trump.

william
ScottS said:

william said:

dale.

not too late.

- kkm

{ sipping coffee }

What if Dale runs as an independent?
he'll javv my vote.

- kkm

run dale, run!

D!

vance doesn't eat that weird spaghetti chili??

PA.

- UL

... and, as always, TIA.

I think that's just a Cincy thing.

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

I disagree, where would they go? Harris? Trump is not losing his base! Hell, half of you are saying he could put a Dem on the ticket in Gabbard and do fine. Haley may be pro-Ukraine, but she also has legit conservative history and believes.

Also, Haley is a pro, she would not have said anything that irritated the Base and would have stressed what she did consistent with Bases believe. She is not a loose cannon.

The difference is that Haley or Gabbard would have appealed to votes that Trump doesn't have and irritates people not going away from Trump.

Vance on the other hand, rubs salt in the eyes of the people Trump is trying to attract.
muddybrazos
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

I disagree, where would they go? Harris? Trump is not losing his base! Hell, half of you are saying he could put a Dem on the ticket in Gabbard and do fine. Haley may be pro-Ukraine, but she also has legit conservative history and believes.

Also, Haley is a pro, she would not have said anything that irritated the Base and would have stressed what she did consistent with Bases believe. She is not a loose cannon.

The difference is that Haley or Gabbard would have appealed to votes that Trump doesn't have and irritates people not going away from Trump.

Vance on the other hand, rubs salt in the eyes of the people Trump is trying to attract.
Haley got nearly booed off stage at the convention. Just bc some old boomer women like her doesnt mean that most of the party cant stand her. She needs to take her defense contractor board gig and get out of politics or go be a democrat.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

Tulsi didn't insult the MAGA base like Haley has. And for not being apart of the MAGA base Tulsi has actually been fairly deferential and respectful to our concerns. I think Tulsi is a populist at heart and there is nothing the uniparty hates more than populism and nationalism.

DeSantis was adept at walking that fine line between running against Trump and keeping his critiques directed at Trump the man without insulting the MAGA base... Haley ran over the line like she was in a F1 race.

Haley has always been a manufacturered/astro turf candidate without any real grassroots support and the base knows this.
Jack Bauer
"Mistake" - sure...

FLBear5630
The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

Tulsi didn't insult the MAGA base like Haley has. And for not being apart of the MAGA base Tulsi has actually been fairly deferential and respectful to our concerns. I think Tulsi is a populist at heart and there is nothing the uniparty hates more than populism and nationalism.

DeSantis was adept at walking that fine line between running against Trump and keeping his critiques directed at Trump the man without insulting the MAGA base... Haley ran over the line like she was in a F1 race.

Haley has always been a manufacturered/astro turf candidate without any real grassroots support and the base knows this.
Trump is not losing the base over Haley, maybe you would since you feel that strongly about someone that went to battle for Trump at the UN and called both Russia and China to task. But, the rest are so Trump-centric it don't matter.
The_barBEARian
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

Trump is not losing the base over Haley, maybe you would since you feel that strongly about someone that went to battle for Trump at the UN and called both Russia and China to task. But, the rest are so Trump-centric it don't matter.

I'd like to think I am a pretty good representation of the MAGA base... but who knows... maybe I am even further to the right than MAGA. It's a possibility. I certainly am on one specific issue that I wont bring up in this thread at the risk of sounding obsessed.
BearFan33
FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

I'd be OK with Haley being US rep to the UN again, but that's about all.

Tulsi won a lot of love from me for her break away from the democrat party and her savaging KH on the debate stage. She has evaluated Trump objectively and supports him. But VP is a hard no for me. She is one heartbeat away from being POTUS and, I believe still quite liberal in a lot of her positions. I hope he rewards her with a cabinet position but not VP.
Johnny Bear
BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

Tulsi won a lot of love from me for her break away from the democrat party and her savaging KH on the debate stage. She has evaluated Trump objectively and supports him. But VP is a hard no for me. She is one heartbeat away from being POTUS and, I believe still quite liberal in a lot of her positions. I hope he rewards her with a cabinet position but not VP.

Since she "saw the light" I have also been impressed by and have agreed with virtually everything I've heard Gabbard say - but you're right - there are definitely some concerning things in her dimcrat past. One of those is buying into the climate scam. While I don't think we truly know if she really does or did actually believe in the climate BS or if it was just something she dutifully pledged allegiance to while trying to succeed as a dimcrat (since it is a sacrament of the party along with abortion) but I haven't heard her disavow it since the conversion. Still like the current version of her, but when she was a dimcrat she talked the talk and walked the walk of a dimcrat.
FLBear5630
Johnny Bear said:

BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

Since she "saw the light" I have also been impressed by and have agreed with virtually everything I've heard Gabbard say - but you're right - there are definitely some concerning things in her dimcrat past. One of those is buying into the climate scam. While I don't think we truly know if she really does or did actually believe in the climate BS or if it was just something she dutifully pledged allegiance to while trying to succeed as a dimcrat (since it is a sacrament of the party along with abortion) but I haven't heard her disavow it since the conversion. Still like the current version of her, but when she was a dimcrat she talked the talk and walked the walk of a dimcrat.
I think where you live has a lot to do with whether you believe the Climate stuff or not. Living in FL by the water, we are seeing water temps that are really high and not usual. The Gulf is usually warm in the summer, but it is getting to 90 in June. One or two years, ok. But it seems to be getting warmer more consistently and we are seeing more extreme heat. Tampa was never a 100 degrees place due to sea breeze, but I am seeing 100's, Phoenix type temps more often.

What is causing it? I don't know, but we are seeing coral kills, fish migrations and more red tides. All of a sudden we are seeing way more sharks and different species, some don't make sense Great Whites in the Gulf??? They may have always been there and we are just getting better information but it is different info than before.

I can see her being from Hawaii being more concerned over climate.
muddybrazos
FLBear5630 said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

I think where you live has a lot to do with whether you believe the Climate stuff or not. Living in FL by the water, we are seeing water temps that are really high and not usual. The Gulf is usually warm in the summer, but it is getting to 90 in June. One or two years, ok. But it seems to be getting warmer more consistently and we are seeing more extreme heat. Tampa was never a 100 degrees place due to sea breeze, but I am seeing 100's, Phoenix type temps more often.

What is causing it? I don't know, but we are seeing coral kills, fish migrations and more red tides. All of a sudden we are seeing way more sharks and different species, some don't make sense Great Whites in the Gulf??? They may have always been there and we are just getting better information but it is different info than before.

When has it been 100 in Tampa? the answer is not in 2024. I just googled the max temp for Tampa in July 24 and its 94. June was 93. I just spent the past week in Orlando and it was pretty typical summer weather in Florida of about 89-92 every day. 10 day weather forecast for Tampa shows 89-93 for the highs which is what I would assume for Tampa summertime.
FLBear5630
muddybrazos said:

FLBear5630 said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

When has it been 100 in Tampa? the answer is not in 2024. I just googled the max temp for Tampa in July 24 and its 94. June was 93. I just spent the past week in Orlando and it was pretty typical summer weather in Florida of about 89-92 every day. 10 day weather forecast for Tampa shows 89-93 for the highs which is what I would assume for Tampa summertime.
I live here. My thermostat and the one at work has hit it several times. Officially, from May 29 to Jun 9 we hit over 97 seven times. 95 days has become the new norm, we used to see 90-92 consistently, now it is 95 pretty often. just didn't pick a City. I take our boat out every weekend and see the water temp, the gulf was 90 on Sunday. My pool was up to 90 in June. Don't tell me what the weather is where I live. It is hotter than it has been and I lived here since 1978.
Johnny Bear
FLBear5630 said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

It all comes down to the fact that sometimes we have severe summers and/or severe winters and the weather can be and is sometimes completely unpredictable and even violent. Always has been that way and always will be that way. Additionally, we all tend to relate to the way things have been over the course of our life. As someone into his seventh decade I agree it feels like average temps seem to have increased Over the course of my life, but I just attribute that to a natural cycle. Also, it's noteworthy that as a lifelong Texan the hottest summer on record during my life is still 1980, which was 44 years ago. It's also noteworthy that the hottest decade on record (before my time) was the 1930's or 9 decades ago - Plus, that's when the "dust bowl "happened as well. Imagine The hysteria if climate change had been a thing back then.

Bottom line it's all about natural cycles and forces that are well beyond mankind's ability to alter or control. Plus, if we are in a natural warming cycle It's not all doom, gloom, and Armageddon level catastrophe as there are actually some positives about it as well. As humans we do have the intelligence, ingenuity, and ability to react to things like weather and climate events, but we cannot and likely will not ever be able to control it or alter it to any meaningful degree regardless of how many tens of trillions of dollars we foolishly try to throw at it.
FLBear5630
Johnny Bear said:

FLBear5630 said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

It all comes down to the fact that sometimes we have severe summers and/or severe winters and the weather can be and is sometimes completely unpredictable and even violent. Always has been that way and always will be that way. Additionally, we all tend to relate to the way things have been over the course of our life. As someone into his seventh decade I agree it feels like average temps seem to have increased Over the course of my life, but I just attribute that to a natural cycle. Also, it's noteworthy that as a lifelong Texan the hottest summer on record during my life is still 1980, which was 44 years ago. It's also noteworthy that the hottest decade on record (before my time) was the 1930's or 9 decades ago - Plus, that's when the "dust bowl "happened as well. Imagine The hysteria if climate change had been a thing back then.

Bottom line it's all about natural cycles and forces that are well beyond mankind's ability to alter or control. Plus, if we are in a natural warming cycle It's not all doom, gloom, and Armageddon level catastrophe as there are actually some positives about it as well. As humans we do have the intelligence, ingenuity, and ability to react to things like weather and climate events, but we cannot and likely will not ever be able to control it or alter it to any meaningful degree regardless of how many tens of trillions of dollars we foolishly try to throw at it.

Geez, guys the post wasnt to argue climate change. It was that those of us that live on the water and track storms as part of you lifestyle are in tune to what is going on out there. I can see the Sen from HI being concerned about climate change, especially HI that is more watermen than anyone. It is not a fatal flaw. Same with skiers in the Alps and other areas not getting snow. We are in a strange cycle there is no doubt. Whether the Paris Accord is the solution is highly questionable. But we need to start investing to mitigate, wave gates (see Galveston Bay)0sea walls, etc..
Fre3dombear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Vance talks too much crap for the VP choice. He needs to smile, be polite to everybody and when he has a debate, if he does, then he needs to explain his policy stances.

He was an underwhelming pick.

Still should have gone with Tulsi.

Agree with you, Forest. The announcement of Tulsi would bring many women voters to the tent. She is a veteran and loves our country. Best part would have been Kamala peeing her pantsuit upon the announcement.

Is she a birthing person that has birthed?
muddybrazos
FLBear5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

FLBear5630 said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

I live here. My thermostat and the one at work has hit it several times. Officially, from May 29 to Jun 9 we hit over 97 seven times. 95 days has become the new norm, we used to see 90-92 consistently, now it is 95 pretty often. just didn't pick a City. I take our boat out every weekend and see the water temp, the gulf was 90 on Sunday. My pool was up to 90 in June. Don't tell me what the weather is where I live. It is hotter than it has been and I lived here since 1978.
Well, I already know you live there and you're going off your car or some random thermometer but I googled the official temps for Tampa and its what i posted above. You are like the climate alarmists cherry picking data to reinforce your narrative. And I live in Charleston and our summer weather is always the same. 78-92 or 93 everyday. Cools down to the lower 80s in the evening and always humid as it gets. Right now i'm in Myrtle Beach and its 83 and raining.
ATL Bear
Mothra said:

This was another Trump self-inflicted wound. It will end up coming back to bite him. Vance was not a strong candidate.
Trump's been picking losers since 2018, and the election receipts show it.
Aliceinbubbleland
Well I'm in Houston and it is 79 degrees at 5pm on July 25th and the world is coming to an end.
El Oso
I've been libertarian forever. Weeks ago, it dawned on me that 80 v 80 meant I was probably swallowing my vote and voting for a VP who would replace a dead guy. Then Trump went Vance, and I went, nope Libertarian it is.

Then Biden dropped out--and still Libertarian it is.

If Trump wants my vote, he needs somebody better than Vance--otherwise, Libertarian it is.

Granted, I live in Texas, and my vote is probably irrelevant anyway.
Oldbear83
Aliceinbubbleland said:

Well I'm in Houston and it is 79 degrees at 5pm on July 25th and the world is coming to an end.
I understand there is a sequel ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
muddybrazos said:

FLBear5630 said:

muddybrazos said:

FLBear5630 said:

Johnny Bear said:

BearFan33 said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

FLBear5630 said:

The_barBEARian said:

BearWithMe said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearWithMe said:

boognish_bear said:

Well, I already know you live there and you're going off your car or some random thermometer but I googled the official temps for Tampa and its what i posted above. You are like the climate alarmists cherry picking data to reinforce your narrative. And I live in Charleston and our summer weather is always the same. 78-92 or 93 everyday. Cools down to the lower 80s in the evening and always humid as it gets. Right now i'm in Myrtle Beach and its 83 and raining.
So did I, it was 99 officially. You literalist are ridiculous. ,You get the point. The point is that Gabbard being into the Climate is not unexpected as the Sen from Hawaii. She may also disagree with you because of her observations, I guarantee she gets out in the surf more than we do. There is definitely changes in the weather and if it is climate based I don't know, but it should not be ignored.

Tampa Bay has been record-breaking hot this year. What that means for summer.

Water temperatures off Florida may have broken world record (tampabay.com)

Record-breaking heat scorches the Tampa Bay area | WFLA

July was the hottest month in Tampa's history. Again. (tampabay.com)

Tampa is on track for record-breaking heat | WUSF

In parts of Tampa Bay, more people are going to the ER amid record heat

Should I keep going? Or do you prefer to argue over of a F-ing degree... It's hot, hotter than normal and we are definitely looking at water rise and increased storm. I am on several Transportation Resiliency Committee looking at mitigation measures. The data is scary. There are some good ideas to protect areas, but I am sure the don't spend crowd will kill them. There is one in Galveston now that makes sense.

How sea level rise affects the Tampa Bay area | wtsp.com

I know, deep state... Now the Corps, DOD, NOAA, and Coast Guard are infiltrated and lying to us...
BluesBear
boognish_bear said:

M&M father was a traitor and war monger - just like mine, her opinion means jack poop.
Aliceinbubbleland
Oldbear83 said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I understand there is a sequel ..
May we be so fortunate
Aliceinbubbleland
Correct. Yours are jack poop
boognish_bear
The white women army is developing

whitetrash
boognish_bear said:

It's crap like this that explains why the 19th Amendment wasn't passed unanimously.
KaiBear
whitetrash said:

boognish_bear said:

It's crap like this that explains why the 19th Amendment wasn't passed unanimously.

Passage of the 19th amendment remains the 2nd biggest mistake in US history.
TenBears
william said:

ScottS said:

william said:

dale.

not too late.

- kkm

{ sipping coffee }

What if Dale runs as an independent?
he'll javv my vote.

- kkm

run dale, run!

D!

vance doesn't eat that weird spaghetti chili??

PA.

- UL

... and, as always, TIA.

I think that's just a Cincy thing.

I'm starting to believe that the Shakeaphearian saga of Dale Steele is receding into the mysts of time.

Vance is a straight up d@@@. Nice job not even considering Tulsi.
BylrFan
I'd be surprised if Vance isn't sacked by the end of August
william
BylrFan said:

I'd be surprised if Vance isn't sacked by the end of August
sacking can only be done by the visigoths.....

- kkm

go bears!

viva dale!!

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }
pro ecclesia, pro javelina

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.