Do you believe we will have an election this November?

2,284 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by KaiBear
Daveisabovereproach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yep, and Harris is likely going to win. The Democratic Party is quickly shifting from moderate morons to left-wing pro-Hamas types. A major recession is looming, and the average American is about two paychecks away from being out on the streets. The next few years may be very rough.
J.R.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Not sure how the Republicans allowed this to happen.

We keep voting for the ivy Leaguers that sell us out to their establishment. We get just enough from them to make us think that they're on our side, but on the big stuff, the ones that drew the short straws will rollover. Rinse and repeat, almost like it was planned.
some of us Ivy people are normal. Don't lump us all in.
Bestweekeverr

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

GrowlTowel said:

Porteroso said:

Trump making the lefties wonder if we will have an election in 2028. You are all raging zealots. I wonder how the country even functions. Thankfully most aren't as politically invested and can live their daily lives without hating people different from them.

We didn't have a primary in 2024 and yet you wonder about a future election?

You are kidding, right?

To the left, democracy is too important to leave to the voters.

The outright stupidity of many progressives amazes me.

Trump has his house raided by the FBI in the middle of the night.
The Dem controlled New York legislature rewrites state law with the sole intent to jail him.
A completely bogus civil suit against Trump is conducted against Trumps assets.

And the Democratic Party openly invalidates their own primary winner. Then a handful of undisclosed elites handpicks the Dem nominee for president.

Yet DONALD TRUMP is the 'threat to Democracy ?

What do you expect when Trump refused to return classified and national security items back to NARA for over a year?

How is Trump trying to force Pence to certify his unapproved electors, overriding the election vote results of the American people, not undemocratic? All based on election fraud claims that Giuliani admitted that he and Trump lied about?

Biden listened to the voice of his party and decided to not run for president anymore. His VP, who people did vote for on the 2020 ticket will presumably be the candidate chosen by the DNC delegates and currently has a 95% favorability in the Democratic Party.

How is this undemocratic? If the assassination attempt on Trump succeeded, is the Republican party not allowed to put anyone on the ticket since the winner of their primaries is no longer running?

I think all your points could bear qualifications. But as for it being undemocratic, you are right in that certain situations you have to let the delegates decide. In this case though, there is plenty of time to do a rushed primary. As it stands, you're essentially saying that a party can run a primary and choose the popular candidate, but the DNC can remove him if he's not projected to win, and then run their own candidate. It's a terrible precedent. That's what has happened here.

Additionally in Bidens case, if he's not fit to run right now, why on earth isn't Biden out and Kamala the president?
I'd probably agree with you if the Dems selected a random candidate that was popular or that they thought had a better chance against Trump (They do in Shapiro) without an open primary, but Kamala was on the winning ticket as VP for an 80 year old president the people that voted for that ticket obviously knew there was real chance of her becoming president. I can't see how a primary could happen before the DNC, and they really need an official candidate by then. They would have to trust Ohio Reps that'd they'd keep whoever they pick on the ballot.

There's a difference in being fit to run now versus being fit for the next 4 years. Seems like Biden was fit enough to realize that as well.
KaiBear
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

We keep voting for the ivy Leaguers that sell us out to their establishment. We get just enough from them to make us think that they're on our side, but on the big stuff, the ones that drew the short straws will rollover. Rinse and repeat, almost like it was planned.

Where did you get your Ivy ?
Bestweekeverr
GrowlTowel said:

Bestweekeverr said:

KaiBear said:

GrowlTowel said:

Porteroso said:

Trump making the lefties wonder if we will have an election in 2028. You are all raging zealots. I wonder how the country even functions. Thankfully most aren't as politically invested and can live their daily lives without hating people different from them.

We didn't have a primary in 2024 and yet you wonder about a future election?

You are kidding, right?

To the left, democracy is too important to leave to the voters.

The outright stupidity of many progressives amazes me.

Trump has his house raided by the FBI in the middle of the night.
The Dem controlled New York legislature rewrites state law with the sole intent to jail him.
A completely bogus civil suit against Trump is conducted against Trumps assets.

And the Democratic Party openly invalidates their own primary winner. Then a handful of undisclosed elites handpicks the Dem nominee for president.

Yet DONALD TRUMP is the 'threat to Democracy ?

What do you expect when Trump refused to return classified and national security items back to NARA for over a year?

How is Trump trying to force Pence to certify his unapproved electors, overriding the election vote results of the American people, not undemocratic? All based on election fraud claims that Giuliani admitted that he and Trump lied about?

Biden listened to the voice of his party and decided to not run for president anymore. His VP, who people did vote for on the 2020 ticket will presumably be the candidate chosen by the DNC delegates and currently has a 95% favorability in the Democratic Party.

How is this undemocratic? If the assassination attempt on Trump succeeded, is the Republican party not allowed to put anyone on the ticket since the winner of their primaries is no longer running?

Does your wife also call you a tool?
Is that what your husband calls you?
J.R.
KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Business School. Don't want the grief. you are welcome to PM me and I will tell you.
KaiBear
J.R. said:

KaiBear said:

J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Business School. Don't want the grief. you are welcome to PM me and I will tell you.

It's ok.

Don't want to cause you any grief .

But congratulations. Will any of your kids be going up there ?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.