Colorado Clerk Sentenced

1,473 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by wgeralds
Mitch Blood Green
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Election denying ex-county clerk sentenced to 9 years for tampering with election equipment

She's the person who let My Pillow people have access to security key and the guts of the Dominion voting machines.
Redbrickbear
Mitch Blood Green said:

Election denying ex-county clerk sentenced to 9 years for tampering with election equipment

She's the person who let My Pillow people have access to security key and the guts of the Dominion voting machines.

"Inspecting" election equipment would be the more correct statement.

She did not ever attempt to alter votes....she was concerned they had been altered.

"It is with a heavy heart that I hear the vile accusations and anger levied against me for what I did to protect the people of Mesa County," she told the judge before he handed down his sentence. She said she was simply trying to preserve information to make sure the election was secure, and asked the judge to sentence her to probation.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/election-denying-ex-county-clerk-sentenced-9-years-tampering-election-rcna173807
4th and Inches
Mitch Blood Green said:

and yet we are seeing that they are junk with the same pass key and all kinds of other garbage in GA..

Sad that person got 9 years for something stupid when people who committed major crimes are still out walking around and commitying more
KaiBear

NINE YEARS for a non violent first offense ?

There is a message being delivered here and its meant for every Republican in the country .
Redbrickbear
KaiBear said:

NINE YEARS for a non violent first offense ?

Her real offense was as doing a crime while being rightwing

Like always the Feds through the book at her

Yet they coddle Leftist offenders
Mitch Blood Green
OsoCoreyell
But Strzock and Lisa Page are free as birds.
KaiBear
That judge is flagrantly displaying his bias against the defendant.

No way in the world does her crime warrant a nine year prison sentence.
Harrison Bergeron
Banana Republic.
Porteroso
She did something illegal. You cannot allow access to election machines to the first bozo who says they think they were tampered with. 9 years does seem see excessive. But what is democracy worth?

Still, if I'm the judge I give her probation and bar her from working near elections. I'm not sure 9 years sends any desirable message. And her intent seems to not have been to cause any harm.
LIB,MR BEARS
Porteroso said:

She did something illegal. You cannot allow access to election machines to the first bozo who says they think they were tampered with. 9 years does seem see excessive. But what is democracy worth?

Still, if I'm the judge I give her probation and bar her from working near elections. I'm not sure 9 years sends any desirable message. And her intent seems to not have been to cause any harm.
Like KaiBear said, the sentence is intended to send a message.
Mitch Blood Green
Porteroso said:

My read is that she remained defiant and during her arrest she assaulted law enforcement and repeatedly defied court orders.

She went all Cristpus Attucks and Mike Lindell is on to the next one.
Harrison Bergeron
Porteroso said:

100%.
4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

sounds like an 8th amendment violation..
Porteroso
Mitch Blood Green said:

Porteroso said:

My read is that she remained defiant and during her arrest she assaulted law enforcement and repeatedly defied court orders.

If she assaulted law enforcement that should be a separate charge. I'm not clear on what orders she defied. What did she do? I listened to very little of the recording but it seemed the judge was peeved she maintained she was innocent.
4th and Inches
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

which is ok as long as it is within acceptable standards

The law typically has a min and max that is acceptable. I dont know what that standard is for this charge but it seems unusual for this type of case
Reverend
I'd never heard of this case before today, and so I know nothing about her behavior, either before or after she was charged. I do know, from the video, that the judge delivered a rehearsed speech designed to utterly humiliate her in addition to sentencing her to what appears, on its face, to be an unreasonable prison term.
cms186
4th and Inches said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Porteroso said:

which is ok as long as it is within acceptable standards

The law typically has a min and max that is acceptable. I dont know what that standard is for this charge but it seems unusual for this type of case
according to this article, she was found guilty of 7 different charges, so i assume it was a series of smaller sentences that added up to 9 years? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cr75mpkm7nro

Quote:

She pleaded not guilty to all counts in 2022. A jury convicted her on seven of the 10 counts in which she was charged.

Those include three counts of attempting to influence a public servant, one count of conspiracy to commit criminal impersonation, first-degree official misconduct, violation of duty and failing to comply with the secretary of state.
I'm the English Guy
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Blood Green said:

That My Pillow guy is a bad, bad man! Hope the Dems' Department of Justice finds a way to put him in prison and throw away the key! I am sure ole Merrick Garland and Jack Smith can come up with something.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Maybe the real lesson is that the last election wasn't the most secure and legit election in history.
Maybe the voting machines are easily tampered with. Maybe foreign operated Dominion is able to alter votes.
Harrison Bergeron
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

Maybe the real lesson is that the last election wasn't the most secure and legit election in history.
Maybe the voting machines are easily tampered with. Maybe foreign operated Dominion is able to alter votes.
I am old enough to remember after the 2016 election with 60 Minutes and T'EXPERTS told us how vulnerable our voting machines were to Russian hackers.
Redbrickbear
KaiBear
Judge is a graduate of the University of Denver.

Has a below average rating among local attorneys.

Easy to see why when you listen to his comments about a recently widowed, Gold Star , 69 year old woman with no priors.

Judge will be praised to the heavens by MSNBC and the leftist mob in Colorado.

ShooterTX
Porteroso said:

Especially considering it was AFTER the election and after the recounts.
She wasn't trying to tamper with the election. She was trying to preserve the data before it was erased.

This is the kind of punishments we used to see the Soviets do during the Cold War. Totalitarianism at its best!
ShooterTX
Harrison Bergeron
ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

She wasn't trying to tamper with the election. She was trying to preserve the data before it was erased.

This is the kind of punishments we used to see the Soviets do during the Cold War. Totalitarianism at its best!
Yep. The regime has weaponized virtually every institution to punish anyone that dares challenge the regime. If roles were reversed, the left-wing media would be doing 24-hour histrionics.
KaiBear
Harrison Bergeron said:

ShooterTX said:

Porteroso said:

Yep. The regime has weaponized virtually every institution to punish anyone that dares challenge the regime. If roles were reversed, the left-wing media would be doing 24-hour histrionics.

If it was the reverse there would be protests throughout the country.

However the Dems have cleverly manipulated the majority culture with years of propaganda.

And lately with draconian suppression of any resistance.

Approve of it or not the Dems have been brilliantly efficient.
ShooterTX
Mitch Blood Green said:

Porteroso said:

You actually want us to believe that a 70 year old woman was a violent threat to police?
And give us the details on "defiant". If I was innocent and believed the government was acting in a corrupt manner and followed that up with a corrupt prosecution to cover their tracks... I would also be defiant.
In this case, "defiant" probably means that she fight hard to prove her innocence and she never admitted any guilt. How dare she do such a thing!
ShooterTX
Forest Bueller_bf
Mitch Blood Green said:

Wow, this guy is a completely biased total dip***** How do these type of people become Judges, it is supposed to be fairly balanced scales.

This guy might as well been on the Jury in To Kill a Mockingbird.

That said, she should have been convicted, and sentenced to a nominal amount of time in actual prison, and a 10 year probation.

Fairness, balance, sense of decency has left the public market.
Mitch Blood Green
ShooterTX said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Porteroso said:

You actually want us to believe that a 70 year old woman was a violent threat to police?
And give us the details on "defiant". If I was innocent and believed the government was acting in a corrupt manner and followed that up with a corrupt prosecution to cover their tracks... I would also be defiant.
In this case, "defiant" probably means that she fight hard to prove her innocence and she never admitted any guilt. How dare she do such a thing!

Why are you giving her the benefit of the doubt?

What I am saying is the judge made his ruling based on what he saw. He was unimpressed.
KaiBear
Mitch Blood Green said:

ShooterTX said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Porteroso said:

What I am saying is the judge made his ruling based on what he saw. He was unimpressed.

And if he had given her the death penalty you would have posted something similar.

Mitch Blood Green
KaiBear said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

ShooterTX said:

Mitch Blood Green said:

Porteroso said:

And if he had given her the death penalty you would have posted something similar.

Irony of your post. She is guilty of what she is accused of and she was not given the death penalty.

It is estimated that over 200 innocent people have been put to death since 1973. None named Tina Peters.
KaiBear

A nine year sentence for a non violent, first offense is complete crap.

And it's real target is unmistakable.
wgeralds
just spent the night looking up the case: tina peters deserves the 8.5 years in jail for the 7 counts she was found guilty of. i encourage anyone who is just reading this post to go review the testimony of her employees and witnesses. she also ignored the judges orders several times in and out of court violating her bond. because she's 68 doesn't mean the law and rules of the court go out the window.

rules for thee but not for me...she's a nutter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.