There are only 2 genders.

12,043 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Luckily, science and human biology does not care about people's feelings. You can live in your childish delusions all you want, but at the end of the day, you are either male or female. Period.

"But what about transgender individuals?"

This is how Social Justice Warriors usually reply. This one is always a fun one to deal with, because by implying that there are more than two genders because transgender people exist, they are pretty much admitting to themselves that they don't think transwomen are "real women" or that transmen are "real men." After all, if people are whatever gender they have transitioned to then how exactly does that break the "gender binary?" Whether you are one of those people who believe that people are whatever gender they transition into or you are one of those who think people are whatever they are born as and that changing your gender is impossible, the point still stands. At the end of the day, that person is still either male or female.
"But.But.But gender is whatever you identify as!"

Nonsense. If gender is whatever you identify as, then gender is irrelevant and nonsensical. I am yet to hear a good reason why what someone "identifies as" is relevant or important in any way. In a debate about the existence of God, if a theist states that he identifies as God, does that mean he is God and God is now real? If a student identifies as a someone who graduated summa cum laude, is the university obligated to give him that honor? This type of thinking isn't permitted in any other form of discourse, so why would we permit it here?

"Gender is a social construct."

Incorrect. Gender is entirely biological and based on genetics. You might be thinking of "gender roles," which are something completely different. If your counter argument here is to inform me that gender differs from sex, I don't have to necessarily disagree with you to tell you why you're wrong. Fair enough. Let's say that the current definition proposed by certain social scientists is true and that "sex" is whatever is between your pants and "gender" is what is in your brain/what gender you feel like. At the end of the day, your genitals aren't a social construct, and neither are your brain waves.
Yes, sex is biological, and:

Yes, gender is also biological.

Stop confusing "gender" with "gender roles."

"But gender is a spectrum"

When you hear this argument from a Social Justice Warrior, it means s/he has reached their endgame. This is the last cry of someone who knows they are losing a battle. I do not agree that gender is a spectrum, but the current consensus in neuroscience is that it is, so lets go with that. I couldn't care less, because my point stands either way.

To suggest that there are more than two genders because gender exists in a spectrum is outrageous.
Consider this;

Feelings exist in a spectrum. You could feel sorry, ashamed, angry, happy, sad, etc and each of these feelings exist in a spectrum. How happy you are about winning $5,000 in the lottery would be observably "happier" than if you only won $50. Being hit on your head by a falling fruit would make you angry, as would someone stealing your car, but one would make you measurably angrier, which I'm guessing would be the stolen car. To suggest that the anger you feel when you get hit on the head by a fruit isn't really anger because its not as intense as the anger you feel over your stolen car is just poor logic. The anger from the falling fruit isn't a different type of feeling, it's just an already existing feeling at a different intensity.

Similarly, height exists in a spectrum. There are tall people who are 5'9, 6'0, 6'1, 6'2. all of these are tall people. You do not have to invent a new height name for every one of these different tall heights (mega tall, ultra tall, super tall, bio tall I can actually imagine a Social Justice Warrior doing this). Nobody has the time to to memorize whatever special name you have invented for your unique brand of tallness. Even if we had the time, we wouldn't want to.

What am I trying to say here, then? Just because you stray a little from the traditional norms of masculinity or femininity doesn't make you another gender, it just makes you one of the two genders with a few distinctions. A man who loves to wear pink isn't a "non-binary demiboy" or a "pink-transvongender-boy," he's just a man who likes pink. Same goes for women. No matter what side of the male or female spectrum you are, you are still either male or female. A feminine man isn't a new gender, he's just a man (who has some feminine qualities).

Stop trying to make yourself feel special; you aren't.

https://ageof****lords.com/sorry-tumblr-there-are-only-two-genders
Bona Fide Bear
Why does it matter? How does it impact you if a person born with male genitalia thinks they are a woman? How does this impact your life that it makes them feel more comfortable to live as a woman? Let them he who they want to be. We have much bigger issues as a country to deal with.
LIB,MR BEARS
Bona Fide Bear said:

Why does it matter? How does it impact you if a person born with male genitalia thinks they are a woman? How does this impact your life that it makes them feel more comfortable to live as a woman? Let them he who they want to be. We have much bigger issues as a country to deal with.
It never mattered to the citizens of Sodom. Why should it matter to us?
Bona Fide Bear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

It never mattered to the citizens of Sodom. Why should it matter to us?

That's a made up story (the particulars of the story) from thousands of years ago. Are you really going waste your life worrying about a man in a dress because of an Old Testament story? Again, how does it impact you? We have a government that is running up a debt that our children's children will have to pay for. We have unfounded obligations that will become a major issue soon. We have politicians that say whatever they can to get elected then pass laws that help the special interest groups that helped them get elected. We have serious division in this country and neither side is willing to budge. We have North Korea with nukes and Iran not far behind. We have extremists on both sides losing their nuggets. And you are going to worry about an adult that is confused about their gender, but it makes them feel better to live as the opposite gender which has zero impact on you? If that's what you are going to focus on, or even spend one minute focusing on, your priorities are seriously messed up.
IASIP Rocks
Bona Fide Bear said:

It matters when people force us to agree with them. See the California law that criminalizes health care workers who don't refer to people by their preferred pronoun. That's just the beginning.
Boatshoes
Bona Fide Bear said:

That's a made up story (the particulars of the story) from thousands of years ago. Are you really going waste your life worrying about a man in a dress because of an Old Testament story?
Quote:

Steven Collins, dean of the College of Archaeology and Biblical History at Albuquerque's Trinity Southwest University, and his group spent several weeks last winter excavating Tall el-Hammam, a site in Jordan he believes fits the profile of Sodom. He has committed to working there for seven seasons.
In 2001, Collins visited a library in Jordan and learned of at least 14 major archaeological sites in the vicinity. Collins was looking for a city destroyed in the Middle Bronze Age, about 2,000 years B.C. It would have existed earlier, probably in the Early Bronze Age, about 3,000 years B.C.

Also, the ruins Collins wanted would show evidence of no occupation for several centuries after its destruction, he said.

The Bible tells of Moses, who led Israel centuries after Abraham, bringing the nation to the area after they left enslavement in Egypt. It describes the place as a wasteland and records no encounters with other people.
He said research, now a few weeks old, indicates that Sodom would be the southernmost city in a group of two cities and at least three villages because of the order the Bible lists them. Collins said it would also be the largest city because the Bible sometimes mentions it without naming other towns at the same time.

Quote:

Collins visited sites and used potsherds to date them. Five ruins on the plain's east side match the locations, artifacts and time of occupation for Sodom and towns the Bible mentions in relation to it.

"It is so good archaeologically and geographically, it's almost unbelievable," he said of the match.
Bona Fide Bear
Applemac_G4 said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

That's a made up story (the particulars of the story) from thousands of years ago. Are you really going waste your life worrying about a man in a dress because of an Old Testament story?
Quote:

Steven Collins, dean of the College of Archaeology and Biblical History at Albuquerque's Trinity Southwest University, and his group spent several weeks last winter excavating Tall el-Hammam, a site in Jordan he believes fits the profile of Sodom. He has committed to working there for seven seasons.
In 2001, Collins visited a library in Jordan and learned of at least 14 major archaeological sites in the vicinity. Collins was looking for a city destroyed in the Middle Bronze Age, about 2,000 years B.C. It would have existed earlier, probably in the Early Bronze Age, about 3,000 years B.C.

Also, the ruins Collins wanted would show evidence of no occupation for several centuries after its destruction, he said.

The Bible tells of Moses, who led Israel centuries after Abraham, bringing the nation to the area after they left enslavement in Egypt. It describes the place as a wasteland and records no encounters with other people.
He said research, now a few weeks old, indicates that Sodom would be the southernmost city in a group of two cities and at least three villages because of the order the Bible lists them. Collins said it would also be the largest city because the Bible sometimes mentions it without naming other towns at the same time.

Quote:

Collins visited sites and used potsherds to date them. Five ruins on the plain's east side match the locations, artifacts and time of occupation for Sodom and towns the Bible mentions in relation to it.

"It is so good archaeologically and geographically, it's almost unbelievable," he said of the match.

I was very careful in the words I used because I knew someone would say, "well sodom was a real city". No sht, that wasn't the point I was making. Now present to me evidence, outside the Bible, that the city was destroyed by god because of the way the people were acting. Seems to me, if I were trying to scare people thousands of years ago, I would take a real story and embellish it with how god destroyed that city because of how the people were acting.
Bona Fide Bear
IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

It matters when people force us to agree with them. See the California law that criminalizes health care workers who don't refer to people by their preferred pronoun. That's just the beginning.

You do realize you are trying to force them to agree with you, right? You are getting upset about a pronoun, but you are asking them to completely change their lives from what they feel is comfortable. It might be a mental health issue, it may not be biological at all, but they don't feel comfortable living in the gender they were born with. And you want to force them to live a certain way so you don't have to be inconvenienced about a pronoun and so you don't have to think in the back of your mind that some people are living a life that you think is immoral. Like I said, we have much bigger issues to deal with than this. And if we are going to focus on bedroom issues, where does it stop? Are you going to force that couple in your church that really loves anal to stop? I guarantee you someone in your church enjoys that. What about adultery? Are you going to force the adulterers to stop? Are we going to make it our position to stop people from doing what they do, or are we going to let humans have free will and let God decide on judgement day?
LIB,MR BEARS
Bona Fide Bear said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

You do realize you are trying to force them to agree with you, right? You are getting upset about a pronoun, but you are asking them to completely change their lives from what they feel is comfortable. It might be a mental health issue, it may not be biological at all, but they don't feel comfortable living in the gender they were born with. And you want to force them to live a certain way so you don't have to be inconvenienced about a pronoun and so you don't have to think in the back of your mind that some people are living a life that you think is immoral. Like I said, we have much bigger issues to deal with than this. And if we are going to focus on bedroom issues, where does it stop? Are you going to force that couple in your church that really loves anal to stop? I guarantee you someone in your church enjoys that. What about adultery? Are you going to force the adulterers to stop? Are we going to make it our position to stop people from doing what they do, or are we going to let humans have free will and let God decide on judgement day?
WOW! I made one comment about Sodom and here you are just a few post later off on a tangent. It's like your beating the wind or boxing shadows. I hope you do know, you can't win at that.
EatMoreSalmon
Bona Fide Bear said:

It matters if my tax dollars are going to pay for surgically or pharmaceutically trans gendering someone.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
BEAR RAMMAGE said:

Luckily, science and human biology does not care about people's feelings. You can live in your childish delusions all you want, but at the end of the day, you are either male or female. Period.

"But what about transgender individuals?"

This is how Social Justice Warriors usually reply. This one is always a fun one to deal with, because by implying that there are more than two genders because transgender people exist, they are pretty much admitting to themselves that they don't think transwomen are "real women" or that transmen are "real men." After all, if people are whatever gender they have transitioned to then how exactly does that break the "gender binary?" Whether you are one of those people who believe that people are whatever gender they transition into or you are one of those who think people are whatever they are born as and that changing your gender is impossible, the point still stands. At the end of the day, that person is still either male or female.
"But.But.But gender is whatever you identify as!"

Nonsense. If gender is whatever you identify as, then gender is irrelevant and nonsensical. I am yet to hear a good reason why what someone "identifies as" is relevant or important in any way. In a debate about the existence of God, if a theist states that he identifies as God, does that mean he is God and God is now real? If a student identifies as a someone who graduated summa cum laude, is the university obligated to give him that honor? This type of thinking isn't permitted in any other form of discourse, so why would we permit it here?

"Gender is a social construct."

Incorrect. Gender is entirely biological and based on genetics. You might be thinking of "gender roles," which are something completely different. If your counter argument here is to inform me that gender differs from sex, I don't have to necessarily disagree with you to tell you why you're wrong. Fair enough. Let's say that the current definition proposed by certain social scientists is true and that "sex" is whatever is between your pants and "gender" is what is in your brain/what gender you feel like. At the end of the day, your genitals aren't a social construct, and neither are your brain waves.
Yes, sex is biological, and:

Yes, gender is also biological.

Stop confusing "gender" with "gender roles."

"But gender is a spectrum"

When you hear this argument from a Social Justice Warrior, it means s/he has reached their endgame. This is the last cry of someone who knows they are losing a battle. I do not agree that gender is a spectrum, but the current consensus in neuroscience is that it is, so lets go with that. I couldn't care less, because my point stands either way.

To suggest that there are more than two genders because gender exists in a spectrum is outrageous.
Consider this;

Feelings exist in a spectrum. You could feel sorry, ashamed, angry, happy, sad, etc and each of these feelings exist in a spectrum. How happy you are about winning $5,000 in the lottery would be observably "happier" than if you only won $50. Being hit on your head by a falling fruit would make you angry, as would someone stealing your car, but one would make you measurably angrier, which I'm guessing would be the stolen car. To suggest that the anger you feel when you get hit on the head by a fruit isn't really anger because its not as intense as the anger you feel over your stolen car is just poor logic. The anger from the falling fruit isn't a different type of feeling, it's just an already existing feeling at a different intensity.

Similarly, height exists in a spectrum. There are tall people who are 5'9, 6'0, 6'1, 6'2. all of these are tall people. You do not have to invent a new height name for every one of these different tall heights (mega tall, ultra tall, super tall, bio tall I can actually imagine a Social Justice Warrior doing this). Nobody has the time to to memorize whatever special name you have invented for your unique brand of tallness. Even if we had the time, we wouldn't want to.

What am I trying to say here, then? Just because you stray a little from the traditional norms of masculinity or femininity doesn't make you another gender, it just makes you one of the two genders with a few distinctions. A man who loves to wear pink isn't a "non-binary demiboy" or a "pink-transvongender-boy," he's just a man who likes pink. Same goes for women. No matter what side of the male or female spectrum you are, you are still either male or female. A feminine man isn't a new gender, he's just a man (who has some feminine qualities).

Stop trying to make yourself feel special; you aren't.

https://ageof****lords.com/sorry-tumblr-there-are-only-two-genders
What about hermaphrodites?

Dont worry. I was young once and lived in a black and white world and knew everything there was to know about everything and if only the world would see things my way it would be a wonderful life.

Then puberty and junior high occurred and I realized its a complicated world and I don't know everything or understand everything.

ps. your link doesnt work. Probably due to the name of your source.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
And I agree with BonaFide's first post. Who cares? People are people and everybody is different.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Bona Fide Bear
EatMoreSalmon said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

It matters if my tax dollars are going to pay for surgically or pharmaceutically trans gendering someone.

Tell me exactly how many of your tax dollars are paying for that. And then let's compare that # to all of the other government waste. I guarantee you it is a minuscule amount compared to all the others. Most transgenders pay most or all of the bill themself. If we are really going to go down that rabbit hole, there are probably a lot of elective drugs or medications you (the collective you) take that I don't want to indirectly foot the bill for.
Bona Fide Bear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

WOW! I made one comment about Sodom and here you are just a few post later off on a tangent. It's like your beating the wind or boxing shadows. I hope you do know, you can't win at that.

What? I was responding to his comment? Why didn't you criticize him for creating the tangent?

I responded to your point earlier in this thread. Why don't you respond to my response of your post?

This is how conversations and discussions work. You bring up a point, I respond with a point. Someone else brings up a point, I respond to that point. This is how adults have a discussion. Do you want to try to join the adult conversation, or do you just want to say something and have it be taken as gospel?
Boatshoes
Bona Fide Bear said:

.... It might be a mental health issue, it may not be biological at all, but they don't feel comfortable living in the gender they were born with.

You don't help the mentally ill by indulging their delusions.

Quote:

so you don't have to think in the back of your mind that some people are living a life that you think is immoral.

You are the one who took on the mantel of Godhead by sitting in judgement of the Bible's contents, not us.

Quote:

Are you going to force that couple in your church that really loves anal to stop

If they get up in front of the congregation and start advertising, yes. As of right now you are speculating without evidence.

Quote:

or are we going to let humans have free will and let God decide on judgement day?

So you're a big second amendment guy? Didn't think so.
Bona Fide Bear
Applemac_G4 said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

.... It might be a mental health issue, it may not be biological at all, but they don't feel comfortable living in the gender they were born with.

Quote:

so you don't have to think in the back of your mind that some people are living a life that you think is immoral.

You are the one who took on the mantel of Godhead by sitting in judgement of the Bible's contents, not us.

Quote:

Are you going to force that couple in your church that really loves anal to stop

If they get up in front of the congregation and start advertising, yes. As of right now you are speculating without evidence.

Quote:

or are we going to let humans have free will and let God decide on judgement day?

I said that to give in a little for discussion purposes. There have been studies that show it is biological. But for arguments sake, I was trying to give a little to you people that won't budge an inch on the issue.

But the bottom line is: It. Doesn't. Impact. You.

End of story. Get over your fear you may find a transgender attractive lol

Show proof Sodom was destroyed by god. I won't hold my breath.

Transgenders don't get in front of the congregation either. Most of them you would never even know. So are you ok with transgenders as long as they don't do it in front of the congregation? I'm trying to figure out where we draw the line for this issue and all other sexual preference issues.

I do love the second amendment. I have a glock, I'm a member of the NRA and I have a license to carry in TX. I'm actually probably a bigger proponent of civil liberties than you are because I don't just my opinion on civil liberties based on partisan politics or what a several years old book of stories says.
cms186
EatMoreSalmon said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Im sure your tax dollars go to far more horrifying things than Trans-gender surgery
I'm the English Guy
JXL
Does it affect you when they start indoctrinating your kids?

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/3/kindergarten-transgender-lessons-have-parents-chan/
quash
Bona Fide Bear said:

Applemac_G4 said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I do love the second amendment. I have a glock, I'm a member of the NRA and I have a license to carry in TX. I'm actually probably a bigger proponent of civil liberties than you are because I don't just my opinion on civil liberties based on partisan politics or what a several years old book of stories says.

No doubt about it, that dude is a rank statist.

Thanks for your reasoned posts in tbis thread.
IASIP Rocks
Bona Fide Bear said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

No but no one in that is engaged in adultery is making me pretend that I think it's ok with state penalty if I don't. That is the end result of what the left is pushing for with the LGBT agenda. I (not they, but me) must accept and acquiesce, or the power of the government and it's enforcement mechanism will come down on me.

And how is me not choosing to refer to someone they way they think they should be referred to forcing them to do anything? I'm not ripping their dress off. I'm just not using their preferred pronoun. Again, if I am the one publicly shamed for not doing that (and perhaps have the power of the government brought down on me for the same) then preeeetty sure I would be the one being forced to do something.
Bona Fide Bear
IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

No but no one in that is engaged in adultery is making me pretend that I think it's ok with state penalty if I don't. That is the end result of what the left is pushing for with the LGBT agenda. I (not they, but me) must accept and acquiesce, or the power of the government and it's enforcement mechanism will come down on me.

And how is me not choosing to refer to someone they way they think they should be referred to forcing them to do anything? I'm not ripping their dress off. I'm just not using their preferred pronoun. Again, if I am the one publicly shamed for not doing that (and perhaps have the power of the government brought down on me for the same) then preeeetty sure I would be the one being forced to do something.

This can become a circular argument really quick. If you are really upset because another human, who happens to be transgendered, would prefer to be called by a certain pronoun, then I don't know what to say. It's such an illogical and irrational thing to be upset about, especially when you consider all the real issues we should address as a country. But whatever, keep letting inconsequential issues like this occupy your time and mind, that's what the republicans and democrats really want anyways - for the populace to be distracted from the real issues.
GolemII
A. The fact that it's become a criminal offense to 'misgender' a tr@nny is despicable. That violates the first amendment.

B. If you think you are a woman with a penls or a man with a vagina, you are mentally ill.

C. Anyone who doesn't have some issue with fictionalization of genders either doesn't have kids or doesn't love the kids they have.

Edit: Pen*s gets starred out? It's literally the medical term for the male reproductive organ. Is kidney next?
cms186
GolemII said:

A. The fact that it's become a criminal offense to 'misgender' a tr@nny is despicable. That violates the first amendment.
Only if you think not being able to call a black person the "N" word also violates your 1st amendment rights
I'm the English Guy
GolemII
cms186 said:

GolemII said:

Only if you think not being able to call a black person the "N" word also violates your 1st amendment rights

It does. That's how freedom of speech works. Whether one chooses to engage in provocative speech is the choice of the individual. You guys arrest people for Facebook posts over there, so I understand why you don't really grasp the concept.
quash
XXY
cms186
GolemII said:

cms186 said:

GolemII said:

It does. That's how freedom of speech works. Whether one chooses to engage in provocative speech is the choice of the individual. You guys arrest people for Facebook posts over there, so I understand why you don't really grasp the concept.
Yeah,

https://www.mediaite.com/online/florida-man-arrested-over-threatening-anti-trump-facebook-posts/

that

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/12/after-dallas-shootings-police-arrest-people-for-criticizing-cops-on-facebook-and-twitter/

Never

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/18/facebook-comments-arrest-prosecution

Happens

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/30/arrested-over-facebook_n_942487.html

In

http://www.businessinsider.com/teen-justin-carter-faces-trial-and-jail-for-facebook-comment-2013-7?IR=T

America

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/facebook-apology-jail-time-ohio-man-choose-article-1.1028306
I'm the English Guy
GolemII
Lol!! For merely offending someone, no. You can't even be remotely intellectually honest. It's ok, neither are your law makers.
quash
GolemII said:

Lol!! For merely offending someone, no. You can't even be remotely intellectually honest. It's ok, neither are your law makers.

You were less than precise in your language and got ***** slapped, just laugh it off big guy.
GolemII
So you're saying you knew you had no leg to stand on and could only intentionally misread? Very well. I agree. You had no leg to stand on and had to rely on intentionally dishonesty.
cms186
GolemII said:

So you're saying you knew you had no leg to stand on and could only intentionally misread? Very well. I agree. You had no leg to stand on and had to rely on intentionally dishonesty.
at least 2 of those links were just for insulting comments, one guy said this:

Quote:

"If you are an evil, vindictive woman who wants to ruin your husband's life and take your son's father away from him completely all you need to do is say you're scared of your husband or domestic partner and they'll take him away."
and was forced to make an apology on facebook by the Judge to avoid going to Jail, please tell me how this isnt exactly what you described?
I'm the English Guy
cms186
I'm the English Guy
IASIP Rocks
cms186 said:

Ok that was straight up hilarious
IASIP Rocks
Bona Fide Bear said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

IASIP Rocks said:

Bona Fide Bear said:

This can become a circular argument really quick. If you are really upset because another human, who happens to be transgendered, would prefer to be called by a certain pronoun, then I don't know what to say. It's such an illogical and irrational thing to be upset about, especially when you consider all the real issues we should address as a country. But whatever, keep letting inconsequential issues like this occupy your time and mind, that's what the republicans and democrats really want anyways - for the populace to be distracted from the real issues.

I'm not upset about what anyone chooses to do with their life. But if someone forces me to do something against my beliefs, that's when I get upset.
GolemII
cms186 said:

GolemII said:

at least 2 of those links were just for insulting comments, one guy said this:

Quote:

"If you are an evil, vindictive woman who wants to ruin your husband's life and take your son's father away from him completely all you need to do is say you're scared of your husband or domestic partner and they'll take him away."
and was forced to make an apology on facebook by the Judge to avoid going to Jail, please tell me how this isnt exactly what you described?
HA! Let's take a look at what you linked to. In order of your "examples" of putting people in jail for being offensive

- Threatening
- Threatening
- Targeted people with warrants using social media
- Some listicledidn't read
- Threatening
- Found in contempt of a specific existing protective court order not to "mentally abuse, harass or annoy" ex wife during divorce.

So, in all of your posts, there is nothing remotely like the jailing of people that happens in the UK for generally posting something that someone else (whom they didn't know or have a prior existing relationship with) found offensive. According to the Register, as of June 2016, a total of 2,500 Londoners have been arrested over the past five years for allegedly sending "offensive" messages via social media. Most recently, your leaders are proposing jailing people for up to 15 years for looking at a website (not child porn, by the way).

So, you essentially posted NO evidence to suggest that there is anything like equivalent behavior. Instead, you posted six links that not only didn't prove your point but made it abundantly clear that nothing like the TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED ARRESTS in London alone is happening in the US and you STILL don't have a clue what free speech is about.

Thanks for playing.

GolemII
Oh, I thought you might appreciate these numbers too, from your home, the land of Orwellian speech codes.

Quote:

Using Freedom of Information requests, the Times found that 3,395 people across 29 forces were arrested last year under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

The act allows officers to investigate messages and posts which are "grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character."

In 2014 there were 2,315 arrests, compared with 2,755 in 2015.

https://www.rt.com/uk/406467-hate-crime-twitter-troll/

Just shy of 3500 people were arrested in the UK last year for being offensive. LOL!!!! Your country is turning into a right piece of **** dictatorship, aint it bruv
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.