https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2026/09/the-tragedy-of-nikole-hannah-jones.html
Is this on the edge of neglect?
Quote:
Faraji and I felt an obligation to make educational decisions based on the collective good and not just our individual advantage. New York is considered one of this nation's most liberal cities, while operating a school system that is among the most racially segregated. This segregation exists because policymakers and affluent parents - even those who profess a belief in integration and equality- shed their advocacy at the schoolhouse door and refuse to take or support any substantial action to integrate the city's schools. Faraji and I decided that our role in this struggle meant upending the status quo and sending our child not to a wealthy white school but to a poor Black one.
Quote:
But my child just shook her head, her face a mask of disbelief, and something else: betrayal.
"So you had money to send me to one of the best schools, and you chose not to?" she said, hurling her words. "Because other kids are disadvantaged, you didn't want to put me in a great school?"
Najya was asking what I'd accomplished by not choosing the "best" school for her. And the honest answer is, I don't know. When it comes to the choices my husband and I have made about public education, these days I feel that I failed both my values and my child.
Quote:
Toward the end of first grade, Najya started sometimes saying she didn't like her school and complaining how chaotic it was at lunch. I decided to visit during the lunch period and was shocked by what I saw. Najya's class and another class were sitting at their tables in the cafeteria with no lunch and no adult supervision. Children were running wild, chasing, hitting and pushing each other while the teacher's aides and cafeteria workers stood by looking bored.
Several times, I had to instruct children to stop striking each other and to sit down, at one point physically pulling two boys apart. When I asked one of the aides why the children weren't being supervised, she told me the lunch period was short-staffed. After I sat back down with Najya, she told me, "It's always like this, and that's why I don't want to go to this school."
It was not the children that horrified me kids of all incomes are rambunctious at lunchtime. It was the callous disregard of the adults. Students respond to the high or low expectations of institutions and the grown-ups who operate them, and it was clear that these children were getting the message.
Quote:
She paused. I could see the pain of this admission etched in her face. "It is important to not, in our pursuit of being antiracist, lower expectations," she told me. "Because this is what happens, right? It's racism under the guise of antiracism."
Quote:
For 30 years an unquestioned article of faith at DISD headquarters has been that too much emphasis on excellence leads to an unhealthy form of elitism. By this formula, excellence equals elitism equals racism. That's why, for example, the Talented and Gifted program has always been a sort of abused sibling within the family of programs at DISD.
Danielsjackson114 said:
Sad part is that you have resident liberals like 303bear, FLunaticbear, lil jr, fubar, quash, franky galvin, Tempus rectum that would do similar things at the expense of their children to virtue signal for things they do not care about
Danielsjackson114 said:
Is this the worst case of woke insanity that you have seen? It has to be top 2 to "sacrifice" your own daughter in the name of wokeness
DAC said:
And the husband sat there and allowed the loony mom to do this to his daughter
Danielsjackson114 said:![]()
That is her. Is anyone surprised? She is the quintessential libtard

Danielsjackson114 said:
We know liberal parents are horrific parents
The sht you all expose little kids to in the name of wokeism
That is why I pray to God you nor any other resident liberal lunatic has children under their wing
Waco1947 said:
This " It was not the children that horrified me kids of all incomes are rambunctious at lunchtime. It was the callous disregard of the adults"
Danielsjackson114 said:
That's what Nikole Hannah Jones did to her child and now regrets it.
https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2026/09/the-tragedy-of-nikole-hannah-jones.html
Is this on the edge of neglect?
Contra what Pulitzer Prize-winning MacArthur Genius Nikole Hannah-Jones has been telling gullible New York Times subscribers for a dozen years, America doesn't spend less on black public school students than on white students:https://t.co/awyxPjjvpi pic.twitter.com/NUfvRNld9o
— Steve Sailer (@Steve_Sailer) September 21, 2026
Redbrickbear said:Contra what Pulitzer Prize-winning MacArthur Genius Nikole Hannah-Jones has been telling gullible New York Times subscribers for a dozen years, America doesn't spend less on black public school students than on white students:https://t.co/awyxPjjvpi pic.twitter.com/NUfvRNld9o
— Steve Sailer (@Steve_Sailer) September 21, 2026
This is exactly right: https://t.co/cw0mpcPpkp pic.twitter.com/oSb5RzEsVL
— Alec Stapp (@AlecStapp) September 22, 2026
Redbrickbear said:Contra what Pulitzer Prize-winning MacArthur Genius Nikole Hannah-Jones has been telling gullible New York Times subscribers for a dozen years, America doesn't spend less on black public school students than on white students:https://t.co/awyxPjjvpi pic.twitter.com/NUfvRNld9o
— Steve Sailer (@Steve_Sailer) September 21, 2026