Absolute right wing lunacy - of denying your children of measles vaccine

1,991 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Mothra
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Absolute lunacy" in honor DJ14
Waco1947
GrowlTowel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$
Porteroso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

The measles vaccine is a gimme. Not giving your kid covid or flu shots, sure, but measles? Only way parents choose that is complete ignorance of what kids getting measles looks like.
Danielsjackson114
How long do you want to ignore this user?
lol most people are still getting it

It's the hippies/holistic people (usually liberal clowns) that do not

You are a fkn idiot, Wacko1947
fubar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?
Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Parents should vaccinate their kids (for most vaccines)

2. It is funny how after the left made covid some kind of weird political hill to die on Big Pharma went from the world's #1 evil to the world's greatest collection of companies in world history.
GrowlTowel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?


I am 52 and when I was a baby lawyer, the vaccine lawsuits were the rage. To a man, the people withholding vaccines from their kids were white suburban liberal women. You could see the crazy in their eyes.

I vaccinated my children - but not a one of them got the Covid shot.
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is another example of the left taking something that has been around for a looooong time and suddenly making it political and pretending it is some sort of creation of Trump/MAGA/the right.

When the truth is vaccines have been opposed since they were invented.

When inoculation was used people were against it for various reasons. Washington, Congress and the troops were against it at first during the American Revolution... until they saw it worked.

In the 1800s and 1900s there were multiple groups in the US and Europe against vaccines and vaccine mandates.

This continued even past the vaccine mandates but became smaller in the later 1900s.

Then you had that guy that did the super small "study" (like less than 20 cases) and linked the vaccines to autism and people took off with it- like Jenny McCarthy, Jim Carey (was with Jenny), Robert De Niro, Toni Braxton, and I am sure a few others I am forgetting spoke out about vaccinations LOOOOOONG before Trump entered politics.

Then suddenly Trump becomes president, hires that weirdo RFK and the left has jumped on the anti vax thing as some sort of Trump creation.
Danielsjackson114
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now it is a problem for a liberal clown like Tempus in his rectum
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

I am with you. I do not remember any issues with vaccines.

My wife is an RN and researched the autism thing in the 90's. No scientific evidence that withstood peer review, that was at Scott and White not a small local. She did the same with COVID, got the shot with the head of infectious disease at Regional Medical Center in FL.

MAGA seems big with data when it supports what they want and then if not, it is fake or a conspiracy.
Danielsjackson114
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some of the worst anti vaxxxers are invasive muslims: https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC10038058/

I know for a virtue signaling lib clown like Wacko1947, that is hard to wrap his mind around

but not a peep from him
Danielsjackson114
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You literally said Trump was pocketing Gold Card Money lol

If anyone does it, it is you lol Socalbear on the paid side
Danielsjackson114
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.adl.org/resources/article/nation-islam-pushes-anti-covid-19-vaccine-message-alongside-conspiracy-theorists

I don't remember Wacko1947 ever saying anything when the Nation of Islam pushed anti vax messages during covid? why not? Would it have been racist?

He cannot blame brown people?
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Danielsjackson114 said:

You literally said Trump was pocketing Gold Card Money lol

If anyone does it, it is you lol Socalbear on the paid side

********, that idiot was arguing with Bobby Bowden about how to build a football team. That is who you are putting your faith in... Knowing more than a HOF CFB Football coach on what it takes to win. It is the infrastructure, the Coach is just last piece and there are numerous coaches that can get the same results. Still believe that. Seen too many HC's "forget" how to win. Same with you thinking Baylor with its resources should compete for the B12 every year. So, I put you in the same category.


You have yet to show the post and the context it was said in. But, it is what you do. Unless you are showing the post and where it is in the stream, this is the last time I respond to you. You are already on ignore.
Danielsjackson114
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So this thread is largely just selective?

Good one, wacko1946
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

I am with you. I do not remember any issues with vaccines.

My wife is an RN and researched the autism thing in the 90's. No scientific evidence that withstood peer review, that was at Scott and White not a small local. She did the same with COVID, got the shot with the head of infectious disease at Regional Medical Center in FL.

MAGA seems big with data when it supports what they want and then if not, it is fake or a conspiracy.



You mean the way the left is all "trust the science" except on things like gender, biology, race, crime, gun data, etc?
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

I am with you. I do not remember any issues with vaccines.

My wife is an RN and researched the autism thing in the 90's. No scientific evidence that withstood peer review, that was at Scott and White not a small local. She did the same with COVID, got the shot with the head of infectious disease at Regional Medical Center in FL.

MAGA seems big with data when it supports what they want and then if not, it is fake or a conspiracy.



You mean the way the left is all "trust the science" except on things like gender, biology, race, crime, gun data, etc?

Just curious, how much of this stuff actually goes on? Are we spending an inordinate amount of time and allowing other items pass that really do impact most people in the name of an outlier? Seriously, I don't track transgender stuff you seem to know all abou it.
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

I am with you. I do not remember any issues with vaccines.

My wife is an RN and researched the autism thing in the 90's. No scientific evidence that withstood peer review, that was at Scott and White not a small local. She did the same with COVID, got the shot with the head of infectious disease at Regional Medical Center in FL.

MAGA seems big with data when it supports what they want and then if not, it is fake or a conspiracy.



You mean the way the left is all "trust the science" except on things like gender, biology, race, crime, gun data, etc?

Just curious, how much of this stuff actually goes on? Are we spending an inordinate amount of time and allowing other items pass that really do impact most people in the name of an outlier? Seriously, I don't track transgender stuff you seem to know all abou it.

Interesting how I mention multiple topics but the ONLY one you respond to is the trans one.......


Yes the Dems spend a lot of time on it. They have tried to pass laws on it. So the right fights back to protect women.
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

I am with you. I do not remember any issues with vaccines.

My wife is an RN and researched the autism thing in the 90's. No scientific evidence that withstood peer review, that was at Scott and White not a small local. She did the same with COVID, got the shot with the head of infectious disease at Regional Medical Center in FL.

MAGA seems big with data when it supports what they want and then if not, it is fake or a conspiracy.



You mean the way the left is all "trust the science" except on things like gender, biology, race, crime, gun data, etc?

Just curious, how much of this stuff actually goes on? Are we spending an inordinate amount of time and allowing other items pass that really do impact most people in the name of an outlier? Seriously, I don't track transgender stuff you seem to know all abou it.

Interesting how I mention multiple topics but the ONLY one you respond to is the trans one.......


Yes the Dems spend a lot of time on it. They have tried to pass laws on it. So the right fights back to protect women.

Not sure what you mean, but gun is pretty easy. 2nd Amendment, I own a rifle and 8 handguns. Biology? I thought that is what we were talking about with vaccines. Race is no a science issue it is a social. Crime? Lock em up.

SO, I don't know anything about the transgender stuff. I don't think there is a cookie cutter answer. Some need medical procedures to fix natures mistakes. Some are mental health issues. Some are social issues. So, I really do not know. It really was just a question...
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Harrison Bergeron said:

1. Parents should vaccinate their kids (for most vaccines)

2. It is funny how after the left made covid some kind of weird political hill to die on Big Pharma went from the world's #1 evil to the world's greatest collection of companies in world history.

Apparently, in your version of politics, nuance is a fatal condition: if I say a pharmaceutical company did something right, I must have joined its fan club. That's not hypocrisyit's what happens when someone mistakes a political talking point for an actual argument.
Waco1947
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

I am with you. I do not remember any issues with vaccines.

My wife is an RN and researched the autism thing in the 90's. No scientific evidence that withstood peer review, that was at Scott and White not a small local. She did the same with COVID, got the shot with the head of infectious disease at Regional Medical Center in FL.

MAGA seems big with data when it supports what they want and then if not, it is fake or a conspiracy.



You mean the way the left is all "trust the science" except on things like gender, biology, race, crime, gun data, etc?

Just curious, how much of this stuff actually goes on? Are we spending an inordinate amount of time and allowing other items pass that really do impact most people in the name of an outlier? Seriously, I don't track transgender stuff you seem to know all abou it.

Interesting how I mention multiple topics but the ONLY one you respond to is the trans one.......


Yes the Dems spend a lot of time on it. They have tried to pass laws on it. So the right fights back to protect women.

Not sure what you mean, but gun is pretty easy. 2nd Amendment, I own a rifle and 8 handguns. Biology? I thought that is what we were talking about with vaccines. Race is no a science issue it is a social. Crime? Lock em up.

SO, I don't know anything about the transgender stuff. I don't think there is a cookie cutter answer. Some need medical procedures to fix natures mistakes. Some are mental health issues. Some are social issues. So, I really do not know. It really was just a question...

And yet the left/Dems don't view those topics as easy. That is the point I was making.

YOU made the comment about "Maga seems big with data...."

I simply pointed out a few areas where the Dems ignore the data/science. They ignore the data on gun violence, shootings, etc. when it highlights how certain areas/cities have higher gun violence, or even certain races. They ignore the data on mass shootings when it hurts their narrative. They ignore biology/science for genders, when human life starts, etc.
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

Vaccine schedule - and the incidence of childhood disorders like autism and ADD - were much smaller back then. You and I got around 5 immunizations as children. Last time I checked, today's kids get around 70.
Bruisers Burner Phone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

"Absolute lunacy" in honor DJ14

If we vaccinate all the kids in Texas, will you outlaw cutting off their parts or giving them unalterable hormone treatments before they become adults?

Not vaccinating your kids = Unwise and Foolish

Giving Kids Irreversible Surgery or Hormones = Absolute Lunacy
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

cowboycwr said:

FLBear5630 said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

I am with you. I do not remember any issues with vaccines.

My wife is an RN and researched the autism thing in the 90's. No scientific evidence that withstood peer review, that was at Scott and White not a small local. She did the same with COVID, got the shot with the head of infectious disease at Regional Medical Center in FL.

MAGA seems big with data when it supports what they want and then if not, it is fake or a conspiracy.



You mean the way the left is all "trust the science" except on things like gender, biology, race, crime, gun data, etc?

Just curious, how much of this stuff actually goes on? Are we spending an inordinate amount of time and allowing other items pass that really do impact most people in the name of an outlier? Seriously, I don't track transgender stuff you seem to know all abou it.

Interesting how I mention multiple topics but the ONLY one you respond to is the trans one.......


Yes the Dems spend a lot of time on it. They have tried to pass laws on it. So the right fights back to protect women.

Not sure what you mean, but gun is pretty easy. 2nd Amendment, I own a rifle and 8 handguns. Biology? I thought that is what we were talking about with vaccines. Race is no a science issue it is a social. Crime? Lock em up.

SO, I don't know anything about the transgender stuff. I don't think there is a cookie cutter answer. Some need medical procedures to fix natures mistakes. Some are mental health issues. Some are social issues. So, I really do not know. It really was just a question...

And yet the left/Dems don't view those topics as easy. That is the point I was making.

YOU made the comment about "Maga seems big with data...."

I simply pointed out a few areas where the Dems ignore the data/science. They ignore the data on gun violence, shootings, etc. when it highlights how certain areas/cities have higher gun violence, or even certain races. They ignore the data on mass shootings when it hurts their narrative. They ignore biology/science for genders, when human life starts, etc.

I agree with you. I have said numerous times, I don't see a difference between them just what sets them off. I think the Dems are as bad as MAGA. The old GOP was about the only one I could tolerate. I have been an Independent for over 20 years. I have no love of any of them.
Tempus Edax Rerum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

Vaccine schedule - and the incidence of childhood disorders like autism and ADD - were much smaller back then. You and I got around 5 immunizations as children. Last time I checked, today's kids get around 70.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2026/09/260924020405.htm

https://news.yale.edu/2026/05/01/many-genes-have-been-linked-autism-new-study-suggests-it-may-be-their-path-brain-matters

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/newsroom/2026/new-research-reveals-autism-risk-genes-are-shared-across-ancestries

https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/27/health/autism-treatment-new-map-study

Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Mothra said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

Vaccine schedule - and the incidence of childhood disorders like autism and ADD - were much smaller back then. You and I got around 5 immunizations as children. Last time I checked, today's kids get around 70.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2026/09/260924020405.htm

https://news.yale.edu/2026/05/01/many-genes-have-been-linked-autism-new-study-suggests-it-may-be-their-path-brain-matters

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/newsroom/2026/new-research-reveals-autism-risk-genes-are-shared-across-ancestries

https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/27/health/autism-treatment-new-map-study



I am not sure anyone has ever disputed a genetic component to autism. Indeed, most diseases have genetic components. The question is, what other environmental factors are contributing to the astronomical increase in autism? We know it's not genetics, because that hasn't changed. Some of it can be attributed to better diagnoses, but most studies that have looked at it say that's only a small factor. So the big question is what happened around 1986 to cause the diagnoses to go through the roof...

There is a plausible explanation.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Covid vax nazis have really hurt vaccine science.

The government lied about covid. Medical establishment went along with the lies. Pharmaceuticals profited.
The public was duped.

Nobody trusts "science" without question anymore. So anti vaxers will grow due to that.

I got my kids vaxxed - but zero chance I was putting the Covid jab in them. And I am skeptical-but-not-anti vax because pharmaceutical companies cannot be trusted at all. They only fear lawsuits, and don't care about people.
Thee tinfoil hat couch-potato prognosticator, not a bible school preacher.


FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Mothra said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

Vaccine schedule - and the incidence of childhood disorders like autism and ADD - were much smaller back then. You and I got around 5 immunizations as children. Last time I checked, today's kids get around 70.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2026/09/260924020405.htm

https://news.yale.edu/2026/05/01/many-genes-have-been-linked-autism-new-study-suggests-it-may-be-their-path-brain-matters

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/newsroom/2026/new-research-reveals-autism-risk-genes-are-shared-across-ancestries

https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/27/health/autism-treatment-new-map-study



I am not sure anyone has ever disputed a genetic component to autism. Indeed, most diseases have genetic components. The question is, what other environmental factors are contributing to the astronomical increase in autism? We know it's not genetics, because that hasn't changed. Some of it can be attributed to better diagnoses, but most studies that have looked at it say that's only a small factor. So the big question is what happened around 1986 to cause the diagnoses to go through the roof...

There is a plausible explanation.

This has been studied extensively. Here is an NIH peer reviewed study. It looks at all the risk factors.

Personally, I think #6 is of interest as it talks of pre-birth stress on mothers during gestation. Women working in the work force and 2 income families have put women in high stress situations the whole preganancy. Can't help but wonder about that impact.


Environmental factors influencing the risk of autism - PMC
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Mothra said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

Vaccine schedule - and the incidence of childhood disorders like autism and ADD - were much smaller back then. You and I got around 5 immunizations as children. Last time I checked, today's kids get around 70.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2026/09/260924020405.htm

https://news.yale.edu/2026/05/01/many-genes-have-been-linked-autism-new-study-suggests-it-may-be-their-path-brain-matters

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/newsroom/2026/new-research-reveals-autism-risk-genes-are-shared-across-ancestries

https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/27/health/autism-treatment-new-map-study



I am not sure anyone has ever disputed a genetic component to autism. Indeed, most diseases have genetic components. The question is, what other environmental factors are contributing to the astronomical increase in autism? We know it's not genetics, because that hasn't changed. Some of it can be attributed to better diagnoses, but most studies that have looked at it say that's only a small factor. So the big question is what happened around 1986 to cause the diagnoses to go through the roof...

There is a plausible explanation.

This has been studied extensively. Here is an NIH peer reviewed study. It looks at all the risk factors.

Personally, I think #6 is of interest as it talks of pre-birth stress on mothers during gestation. Women working in the work force and 2 income families have put women in high stress situations the whole preganancy. Can't help but wonder about that impact.


Environmental factors influencing the risk of autism - PMC


Ironically, your link largely supports the point I was making.

First, that is not an "NIH study." It is a 2017 review article that is housed in PubMed Central. More importantly, the authors did not conduct a new population study that somehow identified "all the risk factors." They reviewed previously published literature concerning a variety of reported environmental associations.

And the central premise of the article is that autism is multifactorial, involving both genetic susceptibility and environmental influences. In other words, that is essentially the question I was raising: if genetics alone cannot explain changes occurring over a relatively short period of time, what environmental factors, possibly interacting with genetic susceptibility, might be involved?

The studies definitively alleging that there is no link between vaccines and autism don't really exist, or they are extremely flawed, as anyone who's done a deep dive on this issue can attest.
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TinFoilHatPreacherBear said:

The Covid vax nazis have really hurt vaccine science.

The government lied about covid. Medical establishment went along with the lies. Pharmaceuticals profited.
The public was duped.

Nobody trusts "science" without question anymore. So anti vaxers will grow due to that.

I got my kids vaxxed - but zero chance I was putting the Covid jab in them. And I am skeptical-but-not-anti vax because pharmaceutical companies cannot be trusted at all. They only fear lawsuits, and don't care about people.

The one thing I don't get about the phrase "trust the science" is that science is supposed to be challenged. If your experiment is good it is supposed to be repeated and proven correct.

That has happened for hundreds of years (maybe even thousands) where people did an experiment and someone later repeats it. Sometimes the results are exactly the same and it is proven to be correct. Sometimes it changes.

Then with advancements in technology things that were "proven" change because the technology allows for a better experiment.

This is true even in medicine. Things that were a given in medicine change. An even MORE effective treatment is developed. A new medicine is developed. Or after years of using something we realize the side effects are worse than believed. Or that issues people had while on a medicine have been a hidden side effect that no one studied or documented.

So to say trust the science or the science is settled goes against the way science/research is done.
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

FLBear5630 said:

Mothra said:

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Mothra said:

fubar said:

GrowlTowel said:

Funny thing is, 25 years ago it was the wacky liberals that generally opposed big pharmaceutical and vaccines.

$$$$

I'm probably a bit older than you (I'm 64), but I don't remember anybody opposing vaccines 25 years ago. I remember a measles outbreak when I was a junior at BU -- fall of 1982 -- but I don't remember people opposing vaccines.

But even if they did then, why in the world would MAGA "conservatives" oppose a measles vaccine now?

Vaccine schedule - and the incidence of childhood disorders like autism and ADD - were much smaller back then. You and I got around 5 immunizations as children. Last time I checked, today's kids get around 70.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2026/09/260924020405.htm

https://news.yale.edu/2026/05/01/many-genes-have-been-linked-autism-new-study-suggests-it-may-be-their-path-brain-matters

https://www.mountsinai.org/about/newsroom/2026/new-research-reveals-autism-risk-genes-are-shared-across-ancestries

https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/27/health/autism-treatment-new-map-study



I am not sure anyone has ever disputed a genetic component to autism. Indeed, most diseases have genetic components. The question is, what other environmental factors are contributing to the astronomical increase in autism? We know it's not genetics, because that hasn't changed. Some of it can be attributed to better diagnoses, but most studies that have looked at it say that's only a small factor. So the big question is what happened around 1986 to cause the diagnoses to go through the roof...

There is a plausible explanation.

This has been studied extensively. Here is an NIH peer reviewed study. It looks at all the risk factors.

Personally, I think #6 is of interest as it talks of pre-birth stress on mothers during gestation. Women working in the work force and 2 income families have put women in high stress situations the whole preganancy. Can't help but wonder about that impact.


Environmental factors influencing the risk of autism - PMC


Ironically, your link largely supports the point I was making.

First, that is not an "NIH study." It is a 2017 review article that is housed in PubMed Central. More importantly, the authors did not conduct a new population study that somehow identified "all the risk factors." They reviewed previously published literature concerning a variety of reported environmental associations.

And the central premise of the article is that autism is multifactorial, involving both genetic susceptibility and environmental influences. In other words, that is essentially the question I was raising: if genetics alone cannot explain changes occurring over a relatively short period of time, what environmental factors, possibly interacting with genetic susceptibility, might be involved?

The studies definitively alleging that there is no link between vaccines and autism don't really exist, or they are extremely flawed, as anyone who's done a deep dive on this issue can attest.


Geez, it was a resource. I pointed out one of the conclusions that seemed interesting. That is all. NIH, PubMed, are usually reliable sources. Nothing more.
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bruisers Burner Phone said:

Waco1947 said:

"Absolute lunacy" in honor DJ14

If we vaccinate all the kids in Texas, will you outlaw cutting off their parts or giving them unalterable hormone treatments before they become adults?

Not vaccinating your kids = Unwise and Foolish

Giving Kids Irreversible Surgery or Hormones = Absolute Lunacy

What a rhetorical two-step: "If we vaccinate kids, will you outlaw something else?" You're treating two completely different medical questions as though they're the same issue.

And if your point is that Texas should prohibit irreversible medical interventions for minors, you're about three years late to the argument. Texas already enacted SB 14, which prohibits physicians and other health-care providers from providing the covered gender-transitioning and gender-reassignment procedures and treatments to children under 18, subject to statutory exceptions.

So by all means argue about vaccination policy. But pretending Texas has no law addressing medical transition of minors doesn't strengthen your argumentit just makes the argument factually wrong.
Waco1947
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems to be the stock response: But, what about....
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

Bruisers Burner Phone said:

Waco1947 said:

"Absolute lunacy" in honor DJ14

If we vaccinate all the kids in Texas, will you outlaw cutting off their parts or giving them unalterable hormone treatments before they become adults?

Not vaccinating your kids = Unwise and Foolish

Giving Kids Irreversible Surgery or Hormones = Absolute Lunacy

What a rhetorical two-step: "If we vaccinate kids, will you outlaw something else?" You're treating two completely different medical questions as though they're the same issue.

And if your point is that Texas should prohibit irreversible medical interventions for minors, you're about three years late to the argument. Texas already enacted SB 14, which prohibits physicians and other health-care providers from providing the covered gender-transitioning and gender-reassignment procedures and treatments to children under 18, subject to statutory exceptions.

So by all means argue about vaccination policy. But pretending Texas has no law addressing medical transition of minors doesn't strengthen your argumentit just makes the argument factually wrong.

There are people like you who support transing kids. If you aren't a felon, you will vote for Talarico, a guy who is absolutely pro transing kids.

You kid predators are the worst scumbags on the planet. Any man who supports a man who is for transing kids is an ally of demons, and not a real man.

You should be ashamed of yourself and how you will twist Gods word, and how you will lie to your flock. You will be judged like the utter contemptable kid predator, pretend it doesn't matter, scumroach you are.
Thee tinfoil hat couch-potato prognosticator, not a bible school preacher.


Harrison Bergeron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

1. Parents should vaccinate their kids (for most vaccines)

2. It is funny how after the left made covid some kind of weird political hill to die on Big Pharma went from the world's #1 evil to the world's greatest collection of companies in world history.

Apparently, in your version of politics, nuance is a fatal condition: if I say a pharmaceutical company did something right, I must have joined its fan club. That's not hypocrisyit's what happens when someone mistakes a political talking point for an actual argument.

Hey Capt. Pedo - produce the voting records of all of those refusing the vaccine? What makes you think they are so-called "right wing." It was you idiot lefties opposing vaccines just like it was you morons that first told us the ronas was not serious.

So come on Pedo - show your data or just once again demonstrate your'e an idiotic kiddie porn addict.
Page 1 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.