Tommy Robinson - What Are Your Thoughts?

14,346 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Buddha Bear
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

lol, reading this is like reading some conspiracy theory forum, I frequently got told on here i have no idea about whats happening in the US, but apparently you Armchair experts all know exactly what is going on in the UK and what Tommy Robinson is up to, speaks volumes that some of you are so willing to support him, not surprising though.

Okay, then point out the me one thing in my post directly above yours that's inaccurate.

In the UK, you can get thrown in jail for disseminating certain facts online, even if what you're discussing happens in broad daylight in public? Check
The government is ignoring the will of the people as expressed through a democratic vote regarding brexit? Check
The populace is largely disarmed and thus could never uprise against a tyrannical government? Check

You may be a-okay with all those things, but I personally wouldn't be. That doesn't sound like a free society to me at all.
If you say things that spread Hatred or that people have ordered you not to say for a certain reason (i.e. to not influence an ongoing trial) then yes, you can be punished, which includes going to jail, if you have a problem with not being allowed to try to cause a mistrial of some paedophiles, then thats your problem

The government is trying to disentangle itself from the EU, its going to take a long time because its not simple and bizarrely, the Government is trying to do it in a way which inflicts the least damage on the British people in the long term, HOW DARE THEY!

It is amusing to me that you think that even if all you armchair soldiers who claim they would rise up against a tyrannical Government actually did try and form some kind of militia (I'm 100% certain you wouldn't, but thats JMI) that you think a bunch of rag tag, mostly untrained, probably unfit and middle-aged/elderly men (and women, lets be equal opportunities here) armed with Pistols, Shotguns, Hunting rifles and a few AR-15s or similar, maybe with some guys coming out with RPGs or Machine Guns, would be able to organise yourselves and do anything at all against a highly trained Army of US Soldiers armed with assault rifles, body armour, grenades etc., backed up by Artillery, Armour, Air Support, Drones and WMDs, you wouldnt stand a chance.
I love how you act as though this hasn't taken place before.

Our ancestors did it once to the scumbags that ran your country...and we won with a tiny ass militia of rag tag, mostly untrained middle aged/elderly men. Then we set up the greatest nation on the planet and far exceeded the British in just a few hundred years.

We could do it again if needed. All we'd have to do is cut off our governments money supply and they're toast.
We don't go to our jobs. We don't pay our taxes and on top of that, our military answers to the constitution and any violation of it and they have it's back.

It's easy when the founders of our government wrote rules to not allow other governments to supersede our laws.
you did it hundreds of years ago, when your militia had roughly the same quality of firepower as the British army and you had the help of the French as well, unless you are going to make the US Army put down all their advanced weapons and Vehicles that American citizens have no access to, you are screwed and if you are deny that you are being Naive or Dishonest

Yes the private militia had so many cannons. And warships with cannons. So very, very many.

And has already been pointed out by myself and Doc, the vast majority of the U.S. military would be on our side. The problem is you just don't know how Americans think.
so just naive then, ok

also, you and the French had a combined 199 Warships (mainly the French, tbf, but even so), compared to 235 for the British, the French also gave you a lot of Cannons and other Field Artillery, without the French, it would have been a very different story.

Also, you seem to know a surprising number of facts about the Revolutionary War. I never realized the British spent so much school time making excuses for why y'all lost. Lol
History interests me
Then you might look into the history of assymetrical warfare in Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq.
Buddha Bear
Gunny Hartman said:

Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

lol, reading this is like reading some conspiracy theory forum, I frequently got told on here i have no idea about whats happening in the US, but apparently you Armchair experts all know exactly what is going on in the UK and what Tommy Robinson is up to, speaks volumes that some of you are so willing to support him, not surprising though.

Okay, then point out the me one thing in my post directly above yours that's inaccurate.

In the UK, you can get thrown in jail for disseminating certain facts online, even if what you're discussing happens in broad daylight in public? Check
The government is ignoring the will of the people as expressed through a democratic vote regarding brexit? Check
The populace is largely disarmed and thus could never uprise against a tyrannical government? Check

You may be a-okay with all those things, but I personally wouldn't be. That doesn't sound like a free society to me at all.
If you say things that spread Hatred or that people have ordered you not to say for a certain reason (i.e. to not influence an ongoing trial) then yes, you can be punished, which includes going to jail, if you have a problem with not being allowed to try to cause a mistrial of some paedophiles, then thats your problem

The government is trying to disentangle itself from the EU, its going to take a long time because its not simple and bizarrely, the Government is trying to do it in a way which inflicts the least damage on the British people in the long term, HOW DARE THEY!

It is amusing to me that you think that even if all you armchair soldiers who claim they would rise up against a tyrannical Government actually did try and form some kind of militia (I'm 100% certain you wouldn't, but thats JMI) that you think a bunch of rag tag, mostly untrained, probably unfit and middle-aged/elderly men (and women, lets be equal opportunities here) armed with Pistols, Shotguns, Hunting rifles and a few AR-15s or similar, maybe with some guys coming out with RPGs or Machine Guns, would be able to organise yourselves and do anything at all against a highly trained Army of US Soldiers armed with assault rifles, body armour, grenades etc., backed up by Artillery, Armour, Air Support, Drones and WMDs, you wouldnt stand a chance.

Our ancestors did it once to the scumbags that ran your country...and we won with a tiny ass militia of rag tag, mostly untrained middle aged/elderly men. Then we set up the greatest nation on the planet and far exceeded the British in just a few hundred years.

We could do it again if needed. All we'd have to do is cut off our governments money supply and they're toast.
We don't go to our jobs. We don't pay our taxes and on top of that, our military answers to the constitution and any violation of it and they have it's back.

It's easy when the founders of our government wrote rules to not allow other governments to supersede our laws.
you did it hundreds of years ago, when your militia had roughly the same quality of firepower as the British army and you had the help of the French as well, unless you are going to make the US Army put down all their advanced weapons and Vehicles that American citizens have no access to, you are screwed and if you are deny that you are being Naive or Dishonest

Yes the private militia had so many cannons. And warships with cannons. So very, very many.

And has already been pointed out by myself and Doc, the vast majority of the U.S. military would be on our side. The problem is you just don't know how Americans think.
so just naive then, ok

also, you and the French had a combined 199 Warships (mainly the French, tbf, but even so), compared to 235 for the British, the French also gave you a lot of Cannons and other Field Artillery, without the French, it would have been a very different story.

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact that three times (now four) it's been pointed out that the majority of the members of the US military would be on the side of the US citizenry?
It's clearly not in his DNA like it is ours.

We're not submissive people.

I think we should respect that he enjoys a government telling him what he can or cannot say, what he can or cannot do with regards to personal liberty. I think he's made it clear that in the highly unlikely and crazy event that the British government decided all whites can no longer reproduce that he'd respect their wishes and cut his own balls off.

CMS, what's is the limit of government control for you? What would have you retaliating instead of agreeing?

What is he going to retaliate with? A potted plant? Their citizenry has been disarmed for 100 years now.
Exactly. They already lost. At any point in history where they become compromised...which IMO has already happened...they cannot fight back. Ever.

But we both know the citizens of the UK are EXTREMELY ignorant of politics: they don't know what radicalism is, because they don't know what freedom actually is.
The Brits I work with are more free than I am. The US demands I report foreign earned income, and pay taxes on it in the US, or they'll refuse to renew my passport. All the while, I pay a 25% tax rate in the country I'm working in, as I should.

Meanwhile, the Brits are free from any obligation of paying taxes on foreign income, as is the rest of the entire world except for N. Korea. Yay for freedom. The Brits I know are well informed on politics, both in their home country and globally. 3 political parties ensure that extremism can be kept in check.

An income tax AND a VAT tax in the UK so that they can tax their citizens coming and going both pre and post income tax, with a tax bracket of 45% for a measly 150k pounds/yr income. But hey, since you're not allowed to buy guns and ammo, you've naturally got more disposable income after you've been mercilessly hammered via taxation.

So free. So very, very free.
I'm working in Asia for a UK company. UK doesn't tax their citizens working abroad, bc they already pay tax in the country they're working in. Americans ARE taxed when they work abroad for foreign companies. Not very free, given that my absentee ballot is really never counted. Isn't that kinda the reason America was started in the first place?

You probably understand a progressive tax system since you are American. The UK has the same. Their money earned OVER $200K per year is taxed at 45%. Less than 1% of the population. The other 99% of the UK pays close to what US citizens do.
Florda_mike
Buddha Bear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

so just naive then, ok

Are you intentionally ignoring the fact that three times (now four) it's been pointed out that the majority of the members of the US military would be on the side of the US citizenry?

I think we should respect that he enjoys a government telling him what he can or cannot say, what he can or cannot do with regards to personal liberty. I think he's made it clear that in the highly unlikely and crazy event that the British government decided all whites can no longer reproduce that he'd respect their wishes and cut his own balls off.

CMS, what's is the limit of government control for you? What would have you retaliating instead of agreeing?

What is he going to retaliate with? A potted plant? Their citizenry has been disarmed for 100 years now.
Exactly. They already lost. At any point in history where they become compromised...which IMO has already happened...they cannot fight back. Ever.

But we both know the citizens of the UK are EXTREMELY ignorant of politics: they don't know what radicalism is, because they don't know what freedom actually is.
The Brits I work with are more free than I am. The US demands I report foreign earned income, and pay taxes on it in the US, or they'll refuse to renew my passport. All the while, I pay a 25% tax rate in the country I'm working in, as I should.

Meanwhile, the Brits are free from any obligation of paying taxes on foreign income, as is the rest of the entire world except for N. Korea. Yay for freedom. The Brits I know are well informed on politics, both in their home country and globally. 3 political parties ensure that extremism can be kept in check.

An income tax AND a VAT tax in the UK so that they can tax their citizens coming and going both pre and post income tax, with a tax bracket of 45% for a measly 150k pounds/yr income. But hey, since you're not allowed to buy guns and ammo, you've naturally got more disposable income after you've been mercilessly hammered via taxation.

You probably understand a progressive tax system since you are American. The UK has the same. Their money earned OVER $200K per year is taxed at 45%. Less than 1% of the population. The other 99% of the UK pays close to what US citizens do.

^^^ Are you sure that's right?

Only 1% UK makes over $200k? Really?
Buddha Bear
Apologies, top 5%.
cms186
Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

The British can't fight back ever?
You remember WW 2?

Sure do. That's the war where private Americans had to ship their personal guns over to England so that English could use them to fight the war since they'd been stupid enough to give up all their guns to their government and were completely disarmed. Then when that still wasn't good enough, we had to enter the war and close the deal. That war you mean?
you know we have an Army, right? with Guns and Tanks and everything? and you only joined in the war because of Pearl Harbour, not out of the kindness of your hearts
I'm the English Guy
Gunny Hartman
cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

You remember WW 2?

Sure do. That's the war where private Americans had to ship their personal guns over to England so that English could use them to fight the war since they'd been stupid enough to give up all their guns to their government and were completely disarmed. Then when that still wasn't good enough, we had to enter the war and close the deal. That war you mean?
you know we have an Army, right? with Guns and Tanks and everything? and you only joined in the war because of Pearl Harbour, not out of the kindness of your hearts

Are you pretending not to recognize that it was not your standing army but also your private citizenry that had to go fight in the world wars? And that since those citizens had willfully given up their private arms at the request of their government, that Americans had to ship their personal
firearms overseas so they could use them to fight in said world wars? I thought you said you were a student of history?
Gunny Hartman
Buddha Bear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

so just naive then, ok

I'm working in Asia for a UK company. UK doesn't tax their citizens working abroad, bc they already pay tax in the country they're working in. Americans ARE taxed when they work abroad for foreign companies. Not very free, given that my absentee ballot is really never counted. Isn't that kinda the reason America was started in the first place?

You want freedom, live in the USA. Otherwise don't gripe about your lack of freedom.

And if you're so in love with the UK's tax law that only applies to the tiny percentage of UK citizens that work overseas, then please by all means renounce your US citizenship and become a UK citizen (because we need less leftists here anyway trying to destroy our country, but I digress) so that when you're back home in your beloved UK you can get taxed pre and post income. Sounds like nirvana to me.
Doc Holliday
Sir Michael Caine has reiterated his belief that Brexit was a good decision.
cms186
Doc Holliday said:

Yeah, i saw that, he said it was better to be poor and out of the EU and rich and in it, which is easy to say when your a multi-millionaire and not long for this world
I'm the English Guy
cms186
Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

You remember WW 2?

Are you pretending not to recognize that it was not your standing army but also your private citizenry that had to go fight in the world wars? And that since those citizens had willfully given up their private arms at the request of their government, that Americans had to ship their personal
firearms overseas so they could use them to fight in said world wars? I thought you said you were a student of history?
The ones conscripted into the army? the only private citizens I know of who joined the war of their own accord was those who took part in the evacuation of Dunkirk, and they were busy piloting boats and were not engaged in the fighting (apart from taking fire from the Luftwaffe)

Yes, the US government shipped Guns to the UK (though had to do it using a US company rather than be an official supply from the US Government because you were too busy being "Neutral"). the notion that UK citizens would have just brought their own guns with them is flawed, its worth pointing out that at this point in history, ownership of most kinds of Firearms in England was legal and all you needed to own one was a Firearms certificate, which you obtained from your local Police Station
I'm the English Guy
Waco1947
Your only go to argument is name calling.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yeah, i saw that, he said it was better to be poor and out of the EU and rich and in it, which is easy to say when your a multi-millionaire and not long for this world
Does anything about the EU concern you?
Gunny Hartman
cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

You remember WW 2?

The ones conscripted into the army? the only private citizens I know of who joined the war of their own accord was those who took part in the evacuation of Dunkirk, and they were busy piloting boats and were not engaged in the fighting (apart from taking fire from the Luftwaffe)

Yes, the US government shipped Guns to the UK (though had to do it using a US company rather than be an official supply from the US Government because you were too busy being "Neutral"). the notion that UK citizens would have just brought their own guns with them is flawed, its worth pointing out that at this point in history, ownership of most kinds of Firearms in England was legal and all you needed to own one was a Firearms certificate, which you obtained from your local Police Station

And if your local police station refused to issue you a permit, then you couldn't own a gun. Sounds so very free.

Also, you haven't been taught the whole story. At this link, you can learn about the "Send a gun to defend a British home" campaign carried out in America in 1940. And before you say, well it was only because they lost their arms at Dunkirk, recognize that if British citizens were sufficiently armed personally, then this campaign would have never been necessary. By the way, after WW2 was over, the ungrateful Brits didn't return most of the guns loaned to them by regular American citizens:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/5/28/throwback-thursday-send-a-gun-to-defend-a-british-home/

Fortunately, one important rifle was returned. Everyone should read the history behind the legendary Hession Rifle:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2012/8/23/the-hession-rifle/
Gunny Hartman
Oh and I forgot to point out that a conscripted member of the army usually comes from the private citizenry. Conscripts don't grow on trees you know.
cms186
Gunny Hartman said:

Oh and I forgot to point out that a conscripted member of the army usually comes from the private citizenry. Conscripts don't grow on trees you know.
yes, but upon conscription, join the army, this isnt complicated
I'm the English Guy
cms186
Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

You remember WW 2?

And if your local police station refused to issue you a permit, then you couldn't own a gun. Sounds so very free.

Also, you haven't been taught the whole story. At this link, you can learn about the "Send a gun to defend a British home" campaign carried out in America in 1940. And before you say, well it was only because they lost their arms at Dunkirk, recognize that if British citizens were sufficiently armed personally, then this campaign would have never been necessary. By the way, after WW2 was over, the ungrateful Brits didn't return most of the guns loaned to them by regular American citizens:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/5/28/throwback-thursday-send-a-gun-to-defend-a-british-home/

Fortunately, one important rifle was returned. Everyone should read the history behind the legendary Hession Rifle:

yes, that is how gun permits work, better than free and unfettered access to dangerous weapons if you ask me, but then again, i dont like people shooting up schools
I'm the English Guy
Gunny Hartman
cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

You remember WW 2?

yes, that is how gun permits work, better than free and unfettered access to dangerous weapons if you ask me, but then again, i dont like people shooting up schools

So roving rape gangs and broad daylight machete attacks are more your cup of tea?
Gunny Hartman
cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

You remember WW 2?

Did you intend to ignore the bulk of this post? So you were unaware of how private American citizens armed the personally disarmed British citizens during WW2?
Waco1947
False dichotomy
Waco1947
Gunny Hartman
Waco1947 said:

False dichotomy

Apparently you don't know what a false dichotomy is
Waco1947
Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

False dichotomy

Apparently you don't know what a false dichotomy is
it is an either/or proposition as in "School shootings vs roving bands of gangs".
Waco1947
Buddha Bear
Gunny Hartman said:

Buddha Bear said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Buddha Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Doc Holliday said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

Doc Holliday said:

cms186 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

cms186 said:

so just naive then, ok

You want freedom, live in the USA. Otherwise don't gripe about your lack of freedom.

And if you're so in love with the UK's tax law that only applies to the tiny percentage of UK citizens that work overseas, then please by all means renounce your US citizenship and become a UK citizen (because we need less leftists here anyway trying to destroy our country, but I digress) so that when you're back home in your beloved UK you can get taxed pre and post income. Sounds like nirvana to me.

My complaint is that Americans abroad are double taxed. UK doesn't do that to their citizens. My complaint isn't leftist at all, and is very much a Ted Cruz anti-IRS position. It doesn't matter if one law only affects a small amount of citizens if the law is unfair. I'm stating that some of our US tax laws are stupid, and government overreach is a problem in the US. FATCA has destroyed any possibility of a US citizen having lengthy career abroad.

You think it's that easy to renounce citizenship? To leave you gotta pay a $5,000 fee to the US government just to get the process started. Most countries it costs about $250. Many people can't leave now even if they want too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.