Lib Restaurant Owner Gets Nasty

13,987 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Golem
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

But, it is my job to feed people, not to determine their unworthiness. Even if a known abortion Doctor came in for a meal, unless part of serving him included him asking me to affirm abortion, he would be served and treated as kindly as anybody in the Restaurant. I mean the man just needs a meal, and it would be my business to meet his needs.
If you feel strongly enough about the issue, then you have every right to ask the abortion doctor not to come back to your restaurant. First, it's not like he's homeless and hungry and depending on your Christian hospitality. Second, moral issues like this go deeper than traditional political disagreements over, say, budget deficits or infrastructure spending. Opponents of abortion have already done things like stake out clinics and picket the homes of abortion providers. Why, really, should restaurants be any different simply because they're a venue that hasn't been used in this way before.

For opponents of Trump who come from backgrounds in both the Republican and Democratic parties, aiding and abetting Trump is a moral issue, just as aiding and abetting abortion is a moral issue for pro-life folks. I have heard many Trump supporters from rural America (which is where I came from and my values were formed, as you and I have discussed via PMs) and from the Rust Belt say that they felt forgotten by the "coastal elites," that their voices were not being listened to and their needs were being ignored. Their world was crumbling under their feet as jobs were moving out and drugs and crime moved in, and nobody was seriously doing anything.

The problems are real, and the complaint rings true. The forces of globalization may be irreversible, but they also have taken a disproportionate toll on people in rural America and the Rust Belt. Nobody in either party has been able to figure out how to respond to something that's bigger than any government, but worse, nobody acts like they really even care. Instead of talking about how we respond to the toll of globalization, the elites of both parties act like globalization as an unalloyed victory. They point out how it's raising standards of living in the Third World, which is little comfort to people in our own country whose own living standards have fallen and whose futures look dim. That's the void Trumpism fills, and the elites in both parties (but especially the Democrats, which used to be the party of the working man) need to listen more and judge a little less.

But the listening works both ways. People who would go so far as risk their businesses to make a statement against what Sarah Sanders does and represents are not on some mindless lark and are not crazy. If she was serious enough about her beliefs to do this, then she ought to be taken as seriously as social conservatives wanted everyone to take the baker who sincerely believed that making a cake meant he was actively participating in a gay wedding. Just as people from rural America and the Rust Belt have legitimate complaints about how they've been treated, people like the restaurant owner have legitimate concerns about what they believe Trump is doing to American democracy and traditional American values. If Trump supporters want their concerns to be heard and taken seriously, then they also need to recognize that Trump opponents need to be taken seriously, too.

I didn't want people who disagree with him to take the baker seriously, I wanted him to have basic First Amendment rights.
At the very least, I'd say you wanted the courts to take seriously the claim that baking a cake was an matter of freedom of speech and expression -- a claim that had not seriously been considered before.

The courts didn't consider whether "baking a cake" was a matter of free speech, although that is a nice effort on your part to minimize the importance of freedom of speech. I wish they had ruled on whether a person can be forced to create a work of art agaisnt his wishes, but they punted on that one. The question the court ruled on was that the Colorado commission was hostile towards his beliefs.
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Any evidence this actually happened?
Doc read it on the internet. What more evidence would you require?

A second source from someone who was actually there at a minimum. I would also expect the owner to be willing to boast about it like she boasted about throwing Sanders out to her PR flak at the the Washington Post.
I thought the restaurant owner was being quiet about it until one of her employees posted something on social media (including the chalkboard with "86 Sarah Sanders") and then it went viral. Is that not accurate?

Accurate, but not particularly important. She was boasting about her action to a sympathetic reporter once it was public. I would expect she'd continue to do speak publicly.
Important for accuracy. "Boasting" implies that she went out of her way to call attention to what she had done. That does not appear to have been the case.

Take a look at the Washington Post story. When you give a lengthy interview in which you explain your own moral superiority to a sympathetic reporter, you are basically boasting, and you have gone out of your way to call attention to what you have done.
What happened first? Did Sanders tweet about the experience? Or did the restaurant owner talk about it?
D. C. Bear
T.M.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

A second source from someone who was actually there at a minimum. I would also expect the owner to be willing to boast about it like she boasted about throwing Sanders out to her PR flak at the the Washington Post.
I thought the restaurant owner was being quiet about it until one of her employees posted something on social media (including the chalkboard with "86 Sarah Sanders") and then it went viral. Is that not accurate?

Accurate, but not particularly important. She was boasting about her action to a sympathetic reporter once it was public. I would expect she'd continue to do speak publicly.
Important for accuracy. "Boasting" implies that she went out of her way to call attention to what she had done. That does not appear to have been the case.

Take a look at the Washington Post story. When you give a lengthy interview in which you explain your own moral superiority to a sympathetic reporter, you are basically boasting, and you have gone out of your way to call attention to what you have done.
What happened first? Did Sanders tweet about the experience? Or did the restaurant owner talk about it?

What happened first?
The restaurant staff tweeted about it.
snarebear55
Good grief Maxine Waters really doesn't use her head. All the Democrats have to do is stand pat and avoid any large controversies and the midterms are theirs in a landslide. Instead, she's gone on record encouraging action that, whether her original intent or not, will end violently in at least one instance, and fairly predictably. Not only that, it gives Trump the distraction and rallying cry he so sorely needs. And even if people do what she says and it doesn't end poorly, what's the outcome? If anything, it paints the people she wants harassed in a sympathetic light, and won't result in any of the changes she desires. Strictly from a strategy standpoint, it's a terrible move.
Doc Holliday
snarebear55 said:

Good grief Maxine Waters really doesn't use her head. All the Democrats have to do is stand pat and avoid any large controversies and the midterms are theirs in a landslide. Instead, she's gone on record encouraging action that, whether her original intent or not, will end violently in at least one instance, and fairly predictably. Not only that, it gives Trump the distraction and rallying cry he so sorely needs. And even if people do what she says and it doesn't end poorly, what's the outcome? If anything, it paints the people she wants harassed in a sympathetic light, and won't result in any of the changes she desires. Strictly from a strategy standpoint, it's a terrible move.
Dude no, midterms are not looking good at all for Democrats. They are severely struggling nationwide.

This is why they're lashing out.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
cinque
snarebear55 said:

Meanwhile, Steve King's tweet probably played well in Ames.
Make Racism Wrong Again
bubbadog
cinque said:

snarebear55 said:

Ames is a decent place, as is Iowa City. Steve King represents a district in northwest Iowa, abutting Nebraska. His **** plays well enough to that crowd. But even there, people know what he says is wrong. They just shrug and give him a pass, saying it's all mere hyperbole. They're the "good Germans" who keep him in power.
cinque
bubbadog said:

cinque said:

snarebear55 said:

Ames is a decent place, as is Iowa City. Steve King represents a district in northwest Iowa, abutting Nebraska. His **** plays well enough to that crowd. But even there, people know what he says is wrong. They just shrug and give him a pass, saying it's all mere hyperbole. They're the "good Germans" who keep him in power.

How could you possibly know that? He's been "serving" Iowans since long before the earth's crust cooled.
Make Racism Wrong Again
bubbadog
cinque said:

bubbadog said:

cinque said:

snarebear55 said:

How could you possibly know that? He's been "serving" Iowans since long before the earth's crust cooled.
I've been to Ames, for one thing. For another, just last week I read a long article about King and his district and saw the comments people there made about him.

They're not viciously racist like he is. But they don't realize that voting for a vicious racist term after term reflects on who they are.
cinque
bubbadog said:

cinque said:

bubbadog said:

cinque said:

snarebear55 said:

I've been to Ames, for one thing. For another, just last week I read a long article about King and his district and saw the comments people there made about him.

They're not viciously racist like he is. But they don't realize that voting for a vicious racist term after term reflects on who they are.

Here's the thing. There are too many people who are not racist themselves but don't mind being close to it. In other words, their they are comfortably racist adjacent.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Golem
cinque said:

bubbadog said:

cinque said:

bubbadog said:

cinque said:

snarebear55 said:

Here's the thing. There are too many people who are not racist themselves but don't mind being close to it. In other words, their they are comfortably racist adjacent.

You vicious racists project like an IMAX.
GoneGirl
D. C. Bear said:

T.M.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

What happened first?
Owner should have asked her staff not to post about it.

Staff should have had enuf class not to post about it.

When they did, Sanders should have had enuf class not to post about it.

And whats POTUS doing tweeting about this. Dude squeals like a stuck pig about this and that all the time. What a whiner.
D. C. Bear
T.M.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

T.M.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

What happened first?
Owner should have asked her staff not to post about it.

Staff should have had enuf class not to post about it.

When they did, Sanders should have had enuf class not to post about it.

And whats POTUS doing tweeting about this. Dude squeals like a stuck pig about this and that all the time. What a whiner.

The owner should have encouraged her staff to do their jobs with a little professionalism and serve the meal to the party they had taken an order from instead of calling her at home when she had, I am sure, better things to be doing.

What is POTUS doing? Playing you like a fiddle.

But back to my point, the owner was basically boasting about her moral superiority to a sympathetic reporter and I would expect her to continue to say something if asked about the unverified claim that she continued to harass Sanders' in-laws. I am suspicious of the report.
Forest Bueller
bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

But, it is my job to feed people, not to determine their unworthiness. Even if a known abortion Doctor came in for a meal, unless part of serving him included him asking me to affirm abortion, he would be served and treated as kindly as anybody in the Restaurant. I mean the man just needs a meal, and it would be my business to meet his needs.
If you feel strongly enough about the issue, then you have every right to ask the abortion doctor not to come back to your restaurant. First, it's not like he's homeless and hungry and depending on your Christian hospitality. Second, moral issues like this go deeper than traditional political disagreements over, say, budget deficits or infrastructure spending. Opponents of abortion have already done things like stake out clinics and picket the homes of abortion providers. Why, really, should restaurants be any different simply because they're a venue that hasn't been used in this way before.

For opponents of Trump who come from backgrounds in both the Republican and Democratic parties, aiding and abetting Trump is a moral issue, just as aiding and abetting abortion is a moral issue for pro-life folks. I have heard many Trump supporters from rural America (which is where I came from and my values were formed, as you and I have discussed via PMs) and from the Rust Belt say that they felt forgotten by the "coastal elites," that their voices were not being listened to and their needs were being ignored. Their world was crumbling under their feet as jobs were moving out and drugs and crime moved in, and nobody was seriously doing anything.

The problems are real, and the complaint rings true. The forces of globalization may be irreversible, but they also have taken a disproportionate toll on people in rural America and the Rust Belt. Nobody in either party has been able to figure out how to respond to something that's bigger than any government, but worse, nobody acts like they really even care. Instead of talking about how we respond to the toll of globalization, the elites of both parties act like globalization as an unalloyed victory. They point out how it's raising standards of living in the Third World, which is little comfort to people in our own country whose own living standards have fallen and whose futures look dim. That's the void Trumpism fills, and the elites in both parties (but especially the Democrats, which used to be the party of the working man) need to listen more and judge a little less.

But the listening works both ways. People who would go so far as risk their businesses to make a statement against what Sarah Sanders does and represents are not on some mindless lark and are not crazy. If she was serious enough about her beliefs to do this, then she ought to be taken as seriously as social conservatives wanted everyone to take the baker who sincerely believed that making a cake meant he was actively participating in a gay wedding. Just as people from rural America and the Rust Belt have legitimate complaints about how they've been treated, people like the restaurant owner have legitimate concerns about what they believe Trump is doing to American democracy and traditional American values. If Trump supporters want their concerns to be heard and taken seriously, then they also need to recognize that Trump opponents need to be taken seriously, too.
I agree if you feel strongly enough about it you have the right to kick someone out, even though that customer did not ask the owner to endorse her belief system, just give her a meal, that she was purchasing, but I personally don't agree.

Unless said person I was serving asked me to support or agree with their point of view they are not making me go against my conscience, in serving them a basic meal.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. .... "O my people, the children of "Israel, as your father", "is merciful" in heaven, so be ye merciful on earth ........

Really as a Christian, how do you expect to be an example to people if you seek retribution just like everybody else does. Where does it end. Refuse to serve an abortion Doctor, then abortion Nurses, then others who agree with abortion, then others who have had abortion, where does it end.

Because I fervently disagree with someones moral stance, unless they are asking me to agree with them, I am just serving a meal, in other words, doing my job.

God even addressed such matters, when asked about eating meat that had been sacrificed to Idols. I'm sure on the market it was very cheap, some refused to eat it. They were told to eat it freely with no conviction of conscience, it is after all just meat and just a meal.

If the one selling that meat asked me to agree with the Idol sacrifice to buy I would say no way. If the abortion Doctor says I have to agree with abortion on demand to serve him a meal, I would say no way.

If he just wants a meal. which I'm sure is all he would want, of course he will get his meal.
By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
JusHappy2BeHere
I think that if you have a business that serves the public then you serve the public....

you don't know the sins or the political leanings of anyone you serve.... to discriminate against anyone just because you know or you Think you know their heart or their soul or their political leanings is just wrong.....

if you want the right to discriminate, then have a Private Club requiring a membership....

otherwise, maybe you should have a business at all...

that's how I see it...

Still hate Aunt Lydia and all she does, but I'd serve her the best meal of her life and Maybe let her know that it was prepared and served by Liberals, Gays, Immigrants, etc...

Probably not even that... might just think it loudly...
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
RioRata
snarebear55 said:

Maxine has never been accused of being a (deep) thinker. The LBJ plantation has got her to were she is at and that plantation is were she will always remain.
Forest Bueller
JusHappy2BeHere said:

I think that if you have a business that serves the public then you serve the public....

you don't know the sins or the political leanings of anyone you serve.... to discriminate against anyone just because you know or you Think you know their heart or their soul or their political leanings is just wrong.....

if you want the right to discriminate, then have a Private Club requiring a membership....

that's how I see it...

Still hate Aunt Lydia and all she does, but I'd serve her the best meal of her life and Maybe let her know that it was prepared and served by Liberals, Gays, Immigrants, etc...

Really probably put better than I did. This I agree with.
By the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.
Born_A_Bear
Trip Advisor has suspended postings for Red Hen. Is this really about a transgender waiter being upset that Trump did not agree with transgenders being in the military?

Morality? When were our politicians moral?
D. C. Bear
Born_A_Bear said:

Trip Advisor has suspended postings for Red Hen. Is this really about a transgender waiter being upset that Trump did not agree with transgenders being in the military?

According to the owner in the Washington Post, the fact that several of the employees are gay and Trump didn't want transgender people in the military played an important role in the decision to throw out Sanders.
Sam Lowry
Y'all don't understand. Sarah Huckabee Sanders lies.

White House press secretaries just don't do that.
BaylorOkie
Forest Bueller said:

I agree if you feel strongly enough about it you have the right to kick someone out, even though that customer did not ask the owner to endorse her belief system, just give her a meal, that she was purchasing, but I personally don't agree.

Unless said person I was serving asked me to support or agree with their point of view they are not making me go against my conscience, in serving them a basic meal.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. .... "O my people, the children of "Israel, as your father", "is merciful" in heaven, so be ye merciful on earth ........

Really as a Christian, how do you expect to be an example to people if you seek retribution just like everybody else does. Where does it end. Refuse to serve an abortion Doctor, then abortion Nurses, then others who agree with abortion, then others who have had abortion, where does it end.

Because I fervently disagree with someones moral stance, unless they are asking me to agree with them, I am just serving a meal, in other words, doing my job.

God even addressed such matters, when asked about eating meat that had been sacrificed to Idols. I'm sure on the market it was very cheap, some refused to eat it. They were told to eat it freely with no conviction of conscience, it is after all just meat and just a meal.

If the one selling that meat asked me to agree with the Idol sacrifice to buy I would say no way. If the abortion Doctor says I have to agree with abortion on demand to serve him a meal, I would say no way.

If he just wants a meal. which I'm sure is all he would want, of course he will get his meal.
Great post, FB.
cBUrurenthusism
D. C. Bear said:

Born_A_Bear said:

According to the owner in the Washington Post, the fact that several of the employees are gay and Trump didn't want transgender people in the military played an important role in the decision to throw out Sanders.
Who the F DOES want transgender people in the military?

What edge exactly would that give us in a war?

If they join the military pre sex change then the taxpayers are on the hook to pay for their mutilation.

BaylorOkie
JusHappy2BeHere said:

that's how I see it...

You too, you liberal b@stard.
JusHappy2BeHere
BaylorOkie said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

that's how I see it...

I'd make you the best meal of your life and wouldn't even think bad things about you.... but I don't have to watch you lie for a living on TV every day.....

you should have had that Grilled Salmon with the White Wine Butter Sauce with Pico de Gallo!

you sorry Con B@stard
"When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always."

Mahatma Gandhi
BaylorOkie
JusHappy2BeHere said:

BaylorOkie said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

that's how I see it...

I'd make you the best meal of your life and wouldn't even think bad things about you.... but I don't have to watch you lie for a living on TV every day.....

you should have had that Grilled Salmon with the White Wine Butter Sauce with Pico de Gallo!

you sorry Con B@stard

I recently seared some prime fillets on cast iron and finish them in the oven with rosemary butter sauce. Good enough to make your panties drop. I know you wear panties because you're a liberal.
JusHappy2BeHere
BaylorOkie said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

BaylorOkie said:

JusHappy2BeHere said:

that's how I see it...

you sorry Con B@stard

I recently seared some prime fillets on cast iron and finish them in the oven with rosemary butter sauce. Good enough to make your panties drop. I know you wear panties because you're a liberal.
Took the youngest to Pappas Bros Steakhouse for his birthday but his big bro didn't get to come because of work.... so when he did, we grilled him a special cut Prime Chuck End Ribeye.....

he wasn't sad about missing Pappas anymore

Mahatma Gandhi
Osodecentx
JusHappy2BeHere said:

that's how I see it...

Proud to agree with you
riflebear
bubbadog said:

Jack and DP said:

Glad you brought up Mike Huckabee. This is the guy who tried to depict MS-13 members as people on Nancy Pelosi's staff. I've witnessed the progression on the whole MS-13 charge by Trumpet Republicans. First it was that anyone who supported immigration reform was soft on MS-13. Then it evolved to the charge that they actually favored MS-13. And then it evolved to personal claims about people like Pelosi actually employing MS-13 members.

You would think a Baptist preacher would at least care that there is a specific commandment against false witness. Then again, there are some sorry people out there filling Baptist pulpits.

But Huckabee used to be moderate in his language if not his political positions. That was kind of the brand he ran on when he campaigned for president. Maybe he saw that being a nice person got you nowhere with angry, pitchfork-wielding Trumpets who wanted to take "their country" back from blacks and Mexicans, and so he adjusted his course. Or maybe his mind got poisoned along the way, as happened to his daughter and so many others.

Either way, Mike Huckabee's word on what happened at the restaurant that night is worth about as much as a bucket of warm piss.
Wow Bubba, didn't take you as someone who would get triggered by someone like Mike Huckabee. Late night comics say the most vile things nightly against Trump but liberals laugh it off and use it against him daily.

I guess you don't know Huckabee very well or follow him on twitter. He is one of the most sarcastic posters out there and always posts satire. He even tells people all the time don't follow him if you don't like satire. This was a joke like he posts all the time and he even said it was. I'm guessing someone you were watching on CNN or MSNBC took it out of context and ran w/ it.

And try not to change the subject from what Pelosi did when defending MS-13 which is like defending ISIS. They are as brutal if not more than the radical terrorists and they are recruiting illegal immigrants daily who cross the border and terrorizing the ones sent back to Central America. There are over 10k+ in US and over 60k+ back in Central America.
trey3216
Sam Lowry said:

Y'all don't understand. Sarah Huckabee Sanders lies.

White House press secretaries just don't do that.

Neither did Meatloaf
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
riflebear
Good

cinque
Unaffiliated Red Hen Resturants across the country are be terrorized by ignorant conservatives.
Make Racism Wrong Again
JusHappy2BeHere
cinque said:

Unaffiliated Red Hen Resturants across the country are be terrorized by ignorant conservatives.
In the Dictionary under Redundant it says See Redundant

Mahatma Gandhi
cinque
JusHappy2BeHere said:

cinque said:

In the Dictionary under Redundant it says See Redundant
Sorry, my bad. No collusion.
Make Racism Wrong Again
RioRata
cinque said:

Unintended consequences of that leftist chick in Virginia. Words have consequences.
JusHappy2BeHere
RioRata said:

cinque said:

Unintended consequences of that leftist chick in Virginia. Words have consequences.
Not to you if they come from your Orange Messiah

Mahatma Gandhi

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.