Abortion up until Birth passed by NY Dems

87,237 Views | 837 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Edmond Bear
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a sad ****ing day for America.

You can now get an abortion on the day of your delivery date in New York.

They're going to light up the World Trade Center in pink to celebrate the murder of babies.
ScottS
Cinque, Jinx, and 1947 will celebrate too
Doc Holliday
ScottS said:

Cinque, Jinx, and 1947 will celebrate too
And they will frame it as women's rights while ignoring the fact that it's purely murder.
FormerFlash
This is disgusting and unconscionable. I would love for one our resident morons liberals to explain how it isn't murder to willfully kill a baby at full term simply because it hasn't passed through the birth canal yet.

Go on. We'll wait.
Sic Everyone.
Forest Bueller
That has been a party plank for some time, although it would be virtually impassable anywhere but NY and California. Hillary made it very clear it was her policy position too, though the denials are everywhere, I heard the words from her mouth.

Completely evil.
Doc Holliday
5 minutes prior to these pictures, it would be legally fine for a non-doctor to murder these babies in New York. Disgusting.

YoakDaddy
NY is just plain sick. Because our minds and hearts have turned away from him thereby creating this atrocious act as legal behavior, may God have mercy on us!
Osodecentx
Sad, savage and barbaric
LIB,MR BEARS
To restaurant customer "Will you be dining in or is this takeout?"

To 40 week expectant mom "Will you be delivering here or is this scrape out?"
Jack Bauer
"I'm literally about to have a baby...isn't it wonderful that I have the choice to abort this nuisance??!!"

Golem
These leftists are completely fu;(ing evil.
fadskier
After reading about it, is doesn't seem as bad as portrayed. Although I am against abortion, it only approves abortion in the third trimester, IF the mother's life is in danger OR the fetus is not viable.

Having said that I have a question for those who support both abortion and gun control. How are you FOR restrictions on the rights of people who can possess a gun (which is specifically stated in the constitution) but against restrictions on someone who wants an abortion (which, by the way, IS NOT specifically stated in the constitution?) I am genuinely asking as I have friends who, when posed this questions, cannot answer.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
xiledinok
Different strokes for different folks. The Republicans use it as a political weapon in elections but they don't have to even bother with returns.

Obama trade that smart protectionist oil embargo for abortion rights and pork in Republican districts.

Ain't nothing happening on these political issues.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

Different strokes for different folks. The Republicans use it as a political weapon in elections but they don't have to even bother with returns.

Obama trade that smart protectionist oil embargo for abortion rights and pork in Republican districts.

Ain't nothing happening on these political issues.

At least not until Ruth Bader Ginsburg departs for the Happy Hunting Grounds.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GoldenBear007
fadskier said:

After reading about it, is doesn't seem as bad as portrayed. Although I am against abortion, it only approves abortion in the third trimester, IF the mother's life is in danger OR the fetus is not viable.

Having said that I have a question for those who support both abortion and gun control. How are you FOR restrictions on the rights of people who can possess a gun (which is specifically stated in the constitution) but against restrictions on someone who wants an abortion (which, by the way, IS NOT specifically stated in the constitution?) I am genuinely asking as I have friends who, when posed this questions, cannot answer.
I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the bill, so while that may be true, the cheering seems a little misplaced.

Doc Holliday
fadskier said:

They will allow abortions after 24 weeks if it "protects the patients life or health" when you read further it says the qualifications for abortions after 24 weeks which are as follows "all factors physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age"
FormerFlash
They used extremely general language to ensure that if someone wants to get an abortion at any point during the pregnancy, their "healthcare provider" can contort the language to make it so. Don't kid yourselves. This bill is every bit as disgusting as you might think.
Sic Everyone.
Forest Bueller
Doc Holliday said:

fadskier said:

They will allow abortions after 24 weeks if it "protects the patients life or health" when you read further it says the qualifications for abortions after 24 weeks which are as follows "all factors physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age"

So this covers every reason you could conceive of.
Doc Holliday
Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

fadskier said:

So this covers every reason you could conceive of.

Exactly.
ScottS
Notice no lefties have checked in here. They know what this is.
Jack Bauer
That is just random matter and particles in the womb for 9 months, then once it passes fully through the birth canal then "MAGIC" - it instantly becomes a baby!!
Canada2017
New York Dems are merely giving their constituents what they want.

Next to be sanctioned will be the murder of the old.

LIB,MR BEARS
Doc Holliday said:

fadskier said:

emotional and familial leabed lots of room for interpretation
LIB,MR BEARS
Canada2017 said:

beat me to it. This is next
ScottS
Canada2017 said:

I was reading an article on Belgium and they have assisted suicide and euthanasia. 1/4 of the deaths there fall into the 2 categories.
Canada2017
ScottS said:

Canada2017 said:

I was reading an article on Belgium and they have assisted suicide and euthanasia. 1/4 of the deaths there fall into the 2 categories.

A very short step from 'assisted ' to 'compulsory '.

ScottS
I think they've gone down that kind of path. I'll dig up the article.
cinque
ScottS said:

From the Buffalo News:

" The bill maintains abortions as legal within 24 weeks of the start of a pregnancy "or at any time when necessary to protect a woman's life or health.'' Late-term abortions had previously been authorized under state law if they meant saving the life of a woman."

This is hardly "up until. Why do you cons do this?
Make Racism Wrong Again
ScottS
cinque said:

ScottS said:

From the Buffalo News:

" The bill maintains abortions as legal within 24 weeks of the start of a pregnancy "or at any time when necessary to protect a woman's life or health.'' Late-term abortions had previously been authorized under state law if they meant saving the life of a woman."

Cinque...the law outlines vague reasons beyond 24 weeks. Read the law, not a paper. The paper is a filter.
FormerFlash
cinque said:

ScottS said:

From the Buffalo News:

Everyone hates you.
Sic Everyone.
LIB,MR BEARS
cinque said:

ScottS said:

From the Buffalo News:

Now, read the bill honestly without twisting it. Afterwards, go wash the blood off your hands!
Forest Bueller
cinque said:

ScottS said:

From the Buffalo News:

Did you not read the law or you just being your normal obtuse self.

Those Health and Life reasons included anything that occurs in life. Anything. Ignore reality you are good at it.

I suppose you are trying to cling to any falsehood to justify it.

This will allow abortions after 24 weeks if it "protects the patients life or health" when you read further it says the qualifications for abortions after 24 weeks which are as follows "all factors physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age"

That means anything, age to old to young, familial not enough money, unstable home, emotional, can't emotionally handle a child, psychological could be anything. This is an all inclusive bill. It should have just said any darned reason.

And you are trying to justify it.
trey3216
Forest Bueller said:

cinque said:

ScottS said:

From the Buffalo News:

Did you not read the law or you just being your normal obtuse self.

Those Health and Life reasons included anything that occurs in life. Anything. Ignore reality you are good at it.

I suppose you are trying to clink to any falsehood to justify it.
IT's just another platitude used by liberals to stroke the emotional and intellectual infancy of 90% of America. "Did you see what the news/paper said!!!??" Knowing full well the news and the paper will shill for the autocrats because the ignorant masses are too impatient to read for 10 minutes
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
fubar
LIB,MR BEARS said:

cinque said:

ScottS said:

From the Buffalo News:

Now, read the bill honestly without twisting it. Afterwards, go wash the blood off your hands!
Your first sentence sounds fair to me. Here is the relevant text:

SECTION 2599-AA. ABORTION.
2599-AA. ABORTION. 1. A HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER LICENSED, CERTI-
FIED, OR AUTHORIZED UNDER TITLE EIGHT OF THE EDUCATION LAW, ACTING WITH-
IN HIS OR HER LAWFUL SCOPE OF PRACTICE, MAY PERFORM AN ABORTION WHEN,
ACCORDING TO THE PRACTITIONER'S REASONABLE AND GOOD FAITH PROFESSIONAL
JUDGMENT BASED ON THE FACTS OF THE PATIENT'S CASE: THE PATIENT IS WITHIN
TWENTY-FOUR WEEKS FROM THE COMMENCEMENT OF PREGNANCY, OR THERE IS AN
ABSENCE OF FETAL VIABILITY, OR THE ABORTION IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE
PATIENT'S LIFE OR HEALTH.

I cannot find the other stuff claimed here to be in the bill, but I didn't read it all very carefully. Perhaps someone can show me. Here is a link to the bill:

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/s2796
cinque
So, does the law allow for the termination of a pregnancy the day before the scheduled delivery as the thread title suggests?
Make Racism Wrong Again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.