The number of people in Texas prisons for voter fraud

3,655 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by quash
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

contrario said:

The number of people in prison for voter intimidation: zero. I guess that means we can stop talking about both going forward. I doubt the democrats want to give that up, so both sides will continue the fear mongering.
They don't play devils advocate and they're all hypocrites.
Which is why they have a member in congress who wore a KKK robe and they're all fine with it.

They treated Kavanaugh like the devil while one of their own has credible accusations against him.

They think winning by any means makes them morally right. These are dangerous people.
Guess you missed all the Dems calling for his resignation. Now about all those Republicans calling for Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination.

contrario, how about a little balance here.
Northam didn't resign even though there was substantial evidence.

There was no evidence for Kavanaugh.

These issues are not equivalent but keep pretending they are.

The point is that Dems have called for action where Repubs did not.

And, again, there was evidence against Kavanaugh. You are certainly free to discount it but you cannot say none exists.
Democrats actually have the power to remove and they have not.

Why?
twd74
Quote:

Have Democrats ever refused to hold a vote on a Republican president's SC nominee for over a year?
No, they just added justices to the court when the numbers weren't in their favor.

Your response led me to check. I had forgotten that the actual number of Supreme Court Justices is determined by Congress. During Andrew Johnson's Presidency they reduced the number of Justices to prevent him from appointing any. When Johnson left office, 1869, the number of Justices was restored at 9, and has remained so ever since. FDR tried to expand the number of Justices but Congress did not approve.

It occurs to me that something like this could happen again.
contrario
cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

contrario said:

cinque said:

Doc Holliday said:

contrario said:

The number of people in prison for voter intimidation: zero. I guess that means we can stop talking about both going forward. I doubt the democrats want to give that up, so both sides will continue the fear mongering.
Which is why they have a member in congress who wore a KKK robe and they're all fine with it.

They treated Kavanaugh like the devil while one of their own has credible accusations against him.

They think winning by any means makes them morally right. These are dangerous people.
Winning by any means is a uniquely Republican thing.
lol wut?

Look, if you want to play this stupid partisan game and hate everything republicans do and love everything democrats do, that's fine. But you sound like a fcking moron that can't be taken seriously when you claim that it's a uniquely republican thing. Republicans do a lot of bad things. I agree with you. But, sorry to break it to you, but the democrats do too.
Have Democrats ever refused to hold a vote on a Republican president's SC nominee for over a year?
No, they just added justices to the court when the numbers weren't in their favor.
How did they do that?
You don't know your history?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

contrario said:

Guess you missed all the Dems calling for his resignation. Now about all those Republicans calling for Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination.

And, again, there was evidence against Kavanaugh. You are certainly free to discount it but you cannot say none exists.

Why?
Republicans had the power not to confirm.

You can keep believing only one side is obtuse, you just have to ignore a lot to do so.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

contrario said:

Why?

You can keep believing only one side is obtuse, you just have to ignore a lot to do so.
There was no corroborating evidence. You can continue to ignore that.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

contrario said:

Why?

There was no corroborating evidence. You can continue to ignore that.
Finally, you qualify the "no evidence" statement.

I found the evidence insufficient to deny confirmation, started a thread saying as much. I later changed my mind based on the nominee's testimony.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.