NO COLLUSION

5,186 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Oldbear83
ValhallaBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Florda_mike said:

corncob pipe said:

tommie said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

fadskier said:

Beardown1919 said:

With this news I've tried to take a stance of, "okay, and if it had been Hillary how would I have reacted?" Trying to weigh out my own bias. Until Trump, I'd have considered myself a republican but the party has left me and largely my generation.

With that preface. From what I've read to day I see two basic premises.

1. There was insufficient evidence to say that the president or his campaign conspired (collusion isn't actually a legal thing) with Russia.

2. There was clear evidence of obstruction of justice and lies and misleading or incomplete information by people being investigated (including deletions of e-mails) created a significant hindrance in the investigation.

IMHO - if number two was done well it easily could prevent sufficient evidence. I don't know if it did or not, but I don't know what an innocent man/campaign would work so hard and clearly to prevent the truth from being found.

Mueller's report was clearly contradictory to what Barr summarized regarding obstruction, and it seems clear his intent for congress to decide.

Had this been any other modern president that alone would have been incredibly damning. I don't understand why our standards have completely fallen.
The issue I see is that this involves two presidents and a former Secretary of State...Trump, Obama, and Hillary are all guilty in all of this. They play political football with a red, white, and blue ball. Our standards fell during the Obama administration and we haven't gotten back up.

There should be nothing partisan about protecting our democracy

Protecting our democracy has been partisan since the days of George Washington.

It has not been. We've disagreed since GW but we've never stood bye and quietly accept a foreign attacker
Exactly !!

why didn't Obama tell Trump about the Russians ?

Because obama is what Tommie called, "a foreign attacker"

That's why
When this Op-Ed appears on CNN....Houston we've got a problem

Given Obama's record on Russia, one operating theory is that his people needed a smokescreen to obscure just how wrong they were. They've blamed Trump. They've even blamed Mitch McConnell, in some twisted attempt to deflect blame to another branch of government. Joe Biden once claimed McConnell refused to sign a letter condemning the Russians during the 2016 election. But McConnell's office counters that the White House asked him to sign a letter urging state electors to accept federal help in securing local elections -- and he did. You can read it here.

I guess if I had failed to stop Russia from marching into Crimea, making a mess in Syria, and hacking our democracy I'd be looking to blame someone else, too.

But the Mueller report makes it clear that the Russian interference failure was Obama's alone. He was the commander-in-chief when all of this happened. In 2010, he and Eric Holder, his Attorney General, declined to prosecute Julian Assange, who then went on to help Russia hack the Democratic National Committee's emails in 2016. He arguably chose to prioritize his relationship with Putin vis--vis Iran over pushing back against Russian election interference that had been going on for at least two years.

If you consider Russian election interference a crisis for our democracy, then you cannot read the Mueller report, adding it to the available public evidence, and conclude anything other than Barack Obama spectacularly failed America. Subsequent investigations of this matter should explore how and why Obama's White House failed, and whether they invented the collusion narrative to cover up those failures.

Waco1947
McConnell killed it. No blame involved. Mitch said No
ScottS
What if c-a-t spelled dog?
riflebear
I'd recommend watching this entire show if you have time from last night. He nailed it again and has been right about this and ahead of everyone for 1 1/2 years.

riflebear
Waco1947
"If you consider Russian election interference a crisis for our democracy, then you cannot read the Mueller report, adding it to the available public evidence, and conclude anything other than Barack Obama spectacularly failed America. Subsequent investigations of this matter should explore how and why Obama's White House failed, and whether they invented the collusion narrative to cover up those failures."
It was a difficult circumstance with no right answers.
A sitting Democratic President gets information helpful and beneficial to the Dem candidate. It was a no win.
Reveal it and gop screams
Keep it and gop still screams "spying"
Obama approaches McConnell for bipartisan reveal McC squelched it leaving Obama in an untenable political situation and by extension the FBI.
It was a hot political potato and McC served the gop and not the country.
Plus dt did not help himself screaming "collusion" which is not a crime and then doing everything in his power to stop the investigation of a non crime. It's craziness. Unless there was cooperation that dt was afraid that would be uncovered.
Bottom line dt is an idiot and who had no idea of the damage he was doing to himself with his Russian ineptitude. Putin wanted him as President and dt while not colluding or conspiring was happy to let him destroy the electoral process. dt did not serve his country well. No crimes but a hellave lot of stupidity.
Malbec
Quote:

...Plus dt did not help himself screaming "collusion" which is not a crime and then doing everything in his power to stop the investigation of a non crime.

Oldbear83
The only bitter screaming is from the Left.

You lost, Waco.

Grow up, accept it, and learn from it.

Or repeat your mistakes and see disaster in 2020.

Waco1947
Malbec said:

Quote:

...Plus dt did not help himself screaming "collusion" which is not a crime and then doing everything in his power to stop the investigation of a non crime.

Thank you
cinque
Jack and DP said:

HuMcK said:

Illegal leaks?

You just lost a football game 56-0 and you're telling me about a holding penalty in the first quarter. You got rolled. Deal with it.
Should Burr be censured for being what Trump calls a "rat."?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Malbec
Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Quote:

Thank you
Pick one, so we can all know what color the sky is in your world.
Waco1947
Malbec said:

Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Quote:

Thank you
that's the color in my world. No binary thinking here.
cinque
Oldbear83 said:

You lost, Waco.

What did Waco lose?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Oldbear83
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

You lost, Waco.

What did Waco lose?
His delusion that Trump would be removed from office.
Waco1947
cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

You lost, Waco.

What did Waco lose?
Oldbear83 as you know so cinque projects his delusions a lot. It would not be good for the nation to impeach the dt. Too many dt supporters who would be even angrier to have dt exposed as a simpleton.
Malbec
Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Waco1947 said:

Malbec said:

Quote:

Thank you
that's the color in my world. No binary thinking here.
Tenacious D
They knew, Mueller and the gang & everyone else, there was no freaking collusion...that was a sham from the beginning. This was all political and another attempt of the DC purge.
Waco1947
Tenacious D said:

They knew, Mueller and the gang & everyone else, there was no freaking collusion...that was a sham from the beginning. This was all political and another attempt of the DC purge.

So I believe decorated Vietnam war hero over Cadet Bone Spurs
Waco1947
I believe this guy not a liar
Robert Mueller
Awards
Bronze Star (with valor)
Purple Heart Medal
Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with valor)
Combat Action Ribbon
South Vietnam Gallantry Cross
Tenacious D
Me too....no indictments. Right?
Waco1947
Tenacious D said:

Indictments? Yes but not dt. We don't know yet. Mueller gave a road map to Congress.
Tenacious D
Waco1947 said:

Tenacious D said:

Indictments? Yes but not dt. We don't know yet. Mueller gave a road map to Congress.
What?

No indictments handed down from a 35 million federal investigation as it relates to collusion or obstruction for "dt" or anyone related to his campaign.

Do you/can you understand comprehend what has happened with the "Mueller Report"?
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

Tenacious D said:

Indictments. You moved the goal posts.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

cinque said:

Oldbear83 said:

You lost, Waco.

What did Waco lose?
Oldbear83 as you know so cinque projects his delusions a lot. It would not be good for the nation to impeach the dt. Too many dt supporters who would be even angrier to have dt exposed as a simpleton.
Waco is so bitter and spiteful. Imagine how he will be during Trump's second term.
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

Tenacious D said:

Florda_mike
Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

Tenacious D said:

^^^ I never realized how often you talk to yourselves!!!
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

Tenacious D said:

Waco1947
"The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law," the report reads.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

"The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President's corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law," the report reads.
Everyone has their favorite fairy tale, that one might be yours.
Canada2017
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Been one fairy tale after another since Hillary lost .
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Been one fairy tale after another since Hillary lost .

Someone needs to take Waco's keyboard and have him committed! Boy ain't right, boy's gone and left us ....
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

A quote from the Mueller Report is not a lie nor a fairytale
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

Actually, it's both.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

Waco1947 said:

I'm not sure what you are thinking this quote is saying.

I hope you realize (and I know it's a big hope) that he isn't saying that Trump was being corrupt and above the law. He wasn't stating a conclusion from the investigation. Rather, he was making a general argument about what Congress is constitutionally allowed to do regarding bringing obstruction charges against the president. He was doing this in response to Trump's legal team, which had argued that Congress did NOT have the constitutional authority to do so. Mueller was arguing that in cases where presidential actions are done for a corrupt reason, they did.

In other words, he was arguing hypothetically, not specifically in regard to Trump.
Waco1947
Mueller suggests a pattern of behavior by Trump to harm the investigation.
Vol. II, Page 157: The incidents were often carried out through one-on-one meetings in which the President sought to use his official power outside of usual channels. These actions ranged from efforts to remove the Special Counsel and to reverse the effect of the Attorney General's recusal; to the attempted use of official power to limit the scope of the investigation; to direct and indirect contacts with witnesses with the potential to influence their testimony. Viewing the acts collectively can help to illuminate their significance.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.