Trump Hoax Continues - 30 Months In Office - Not A Single New Mile of Fence

4,135 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by william
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-not-built-a-single-mile-of-new-border-fence-after-30-months-in-office

What happened to the self proclaimed great negotiator? The border is in chaos, NK still has nukes, Iran is enriching weapons grade material, foreign policy is in disarray, and record deficits continue.

Coupled with his big brain's astonishing lack of understanding the geopolitics of Iraq and Syria he's on track finish out his term as a presidential hoax and the worst president in history, in spite of a booming economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-yazidi-woman-from-iraq-told-trump-that-isis-killed-her-family-where-are-they-now-he-asked/2019/07/19/cc0c83e0-aa2d-11e9-a3a6-ab670962db05_story.html?utm_term=.9b0662680b9c
Oldbear83
TS is not really a scientist. Much more of a whiner.
quash
Still waiting on that check from Mexico.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
TexasScientist
quash said:

It must be in the mail.
quash
TexasScientist said:

quash said:

It must be in the mail.
May have gone to Hillary's jail cell.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
OsoCoreyell
So, to be clear - Trump asks Congress for money to build wall. The House refuses to approve money for wall, even shutting down the government for a few weeks over $3B to build part of the wall. Then, they criticize Trump for NOT building the wall? I guess I could see the Tea Party activists being mad about it, by why do the Dems get to point fingers? Who, exactly, do you think is going to make political hay over this issue? The Dems?

I think there is some kind of deep, deep dysfunction in the Dem side of Presidential politics these days. They keep raising the profile of issues and events that are almost certainly NOT going to work for them in the election. There's plenty to criticize Trump over, goodness knows. Wedge issues. Instead, its like the Democratic Party came up with a plan to lose the election and is executing on that plan ruthlessly.

The path to victory here for the Dems is almost comically simple; Just put up someone that can credibly be called a responsible, serious-minded person. But they seem to be reacting to the insanity of Trump by saying "You want to see crazy!? You want to see CRAZY!!! NO ONE IS GOING TO BEAT THE DEMS ON CRAZY!!!"
fadskier
quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
quash
fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
fadskier
quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
Did you actually expect Mexico to fork over a check, cash or a credit card? Seriously?
quash
OsoCoreyell said:

So, to be clear - Trump asks Congress for money to build wall. The House refuses to approve money for wall, even shutting down the government for a few weeks over $3B to build part of the wall. Then, they criticize Trump for NOT building the wall?
To be clear, this is about how the money that was allocated for the wall has been spent. On replacing wall/fencing, no new miles. At all.
quash
fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
Did you actually expect Mexico to fork over a check, cash or a credit card? Seriously?
Or Libra. Whatever.

But yes, candidate Trump most certainly promised that Mexico would pay for it. I didn't believe him, but you did. You voted for him.
fadskier
quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
Or Libra. Whatever.

But yes, candidate Trump most certainly promised that Mexico would pay for it. I didn't believe him, but you did. You voted for him.
I voted against Hillary and no, I did not expect Mexico to write a check. I can't believe that you did. Trump never said how they would pay but, not having TDS, I did not flail my arms and ye'll lie. I used logic and inferred that it would come through tariffs, penalties, or taxes from money sent to Mexican citizens. I tend to not believe people running for office at face value; a lesson reinforced when I didn't get to keep my plan or doctor.
xiledinok
There's been the private wall fencing built. It has helped but the international waterway group popped it open.
Now, they are having more than 100 some nights where the wall was opened.
corncob pipe
Never Trump has a vested interest in convincing you to abandon Trump The Failure.

The same people who told you it was your duty as an American to VOTE FOR HILLARY are pulling every trick they can think of you get you to kiss Trump goodbye.

the DNC Media has adopted a strategy of simply DENYING it's happening, focusing on court cases where judges "stop the wall from starting"
cowboycwr
So the left was against the idea of a wall and talks constantly about and now is ALSO mad that no new wall has been built?????

Trump could cure cancer and Alzheimer's and the left would find a reason to complain still.
quash
fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
Or Libra. Whatever.

I voted against Hillary and no, I did not expect Mexico to write a check. I can't believe that you did. Trump never said how they would pay but, not having TDS, I did not flail my arms and ye'll lie. I used logic and inferred that it would come through tariffs, penalties, or taxes from money sent to Mexican citizens. I tend to not believe people running for office at face value; a lesson reinforced when I didn't get to keep my plan or doctor.
Tariffs are paid by Americans. Remittance fees? You gotta be kidding me.

When you voted against Hillary who got your vote?
OsoCoreyell
quash said:

OsoCoreyell said:

So, to be clear - Trump asks Congress for money to build wall. The House refuses to approve money for wall, even shutting down the government for a few weeks over $3B to build part of the wall. Then, they criticize Trump for NOT building the wall?
To be clear, this is about how the money that was allocated for the wall has been spent. On replacing wall/fencing, no new miles. At all.
Isn't the issue about how to best spend the money to improve border security? It existing border fencing/wall is deficient and NOT actually providing a good level of border security, would not the most effective use of the dollars be to improve existing fencing/walls instead of building new wall?

Given that border security is a wedge issue FOR THE DEMOCRATS, do they really believe that it makes sense to crow about stuff like this? Do you think that someone whose vote is based even in part on improving border security (e.g. a blue-collar worker in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) is likely to be persuaded that the Democrats are more likely to improve border security?

This isn't a good thing for Democrats to keep bringing up. At all.
cinque
OsoCoreyell said:

So, to be clear - Trump asks Congress for money to build wall. The House refuses to approve money for wall, even shutting down the government for a few weeks over $3B to build part of the wall. Then, they criticize Trump for NOT building the wall? I guess I could see the Tea Party activists being mad about it, by why do the Dems get to point fingers? Who, exactly, do you think is going to make political hay over this issue? The Dems?

I think there is some kind of deep, deep dysfunction in the Dem side of Presidential politics these days. They keep raising the profile of issues and events that are almost certainly NOT going to work for them in the election. There's plenty to criticize Trump over, goodness knows. Wedge issues. Instead, its like the Democratic Party came up with a plan to lose the election and is executing on that plan ruthlessly.

The path to victory here for the Dems is almost comically simple; Just put up someone that can credibly be called a responsible, serious-minded person. But they seem to be reacting to the insanity of Trump by saying "You want to see crazy!? You want to see CRAZY!!! NO ONE IS GOING TO BEAT THE DEMS ON CRAZY!!!"
Congress has no obligation to build a wall that Trump promised Mexico would pay for. The American people should be reminded of this everyday
blackie
Anyone who thought a wall was going to go up needs to turn in their voter ID card. You may be too stupid to vote. It is typical for candidates to promise things they know they can't deliver, even if they control both houses of Congress......because every Dem or Rep doesn't march to the exact beat of the party, they actually have a brain and know that some of the promises are really bad ideas.
fadskier
quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
Or Libra. Whatever.

Tariffs are paid by Americans. Remittance fees? You gotta be kidding me.

When you voted against Hillary who got your vote?
I gave those as examples of ways to pay. It was not an exclusive list...once again...use common sense. My vote FOR Trump was a vote AGAINST Hillary.

He has disappointed me only in his failure to stop tweeting so much. Otherwise, it's been great.
curtpenn
quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
Or Libra. Whatever.

Siily me; I thought most of us here had sense enough to recognize hyperbole. Guess not..
D. C. Bear
Oh, look! Someone complaining about an unfulfilled campaign promise! Shocking.
robby44
Build the wall: No
Make Mexico pay for it: No
Deport 11 million illegals: No
Resolve DACA: No
Repeal Obamacare: No
Bigger and better healthcare for all: No
Denuclearize North Korea: No
Big infrastructure plan: No
Reduce US debt: No
Revive coal: No
Defeat ISIS: No
Renegotiate Iran nuke deal: No
Lock her up: No
quash
OsoCoreyell said:

quash said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Isn't the issue about how to best spend the money to improve border security? It existing border fencing/wall is deficient and NOT actually providing a good level of border security, would not the most effective use of the dollars be to improve existing fencing/walls instead of building new wall?

Given that border security is a wedge issue FOR THE DEMOCRATS, do they really believe that it makes sense to crow about stuff like this? Do you think that someone whose vote is based even in part on improving border security (e.g. a blue-collar worker in Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania) is likely to be persuaded that the Democrats are more likely to improve border security?

This isn't a good thing for Democrats to keep bringing up. At all.
The president has frequently spoken of the wall and how it's coming along. Do you recall him, ever, making your argument?
quash
curtpenn said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

quash said:

Did you expect a check?
Bitcoin is fine.
Or Libra. Whatever.

Siily me; I thought most of us here had sense enough to recognize hyperbole. Guess not..
Not many mentioned it as hyperbole. I did. Maybe I missed your contribution.
cinque
robby44 said:

Build the wall: No
Make Mexico pay for it: No
Deport 11 million illegals: No
Resolve DACA: No
Repeal Obamacare: No
Bigger and better healthcare for all: No
Denuclearize North Korea: No
Big infrastructure plan: No
Reduce US debt: No
Revive coal: No
Defeat ISIS: No
Renegotiate Iran nuke deal: No
Lock her up: No
And scene...
Canada2017
TexasScientist said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-not-built-a-single-mile-of-new-border-fence-after-30-months-in-office

What happened to the self proclaimed great negotiator? The border is in chaos, NK still has nukes, Iran is enriching weapons grade material, foreign policy is in disarray, and record deficits continue.

Coupled with his big brain's astonishing lack of understanding the geopolitics of Iraq and Syria he's on track finish out his term as a presidential hoax and the worst president in history, in spite of a booming economy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-yazidi-woman-from-iraq-told-trump-that-isis-killed-her-family-where-are-they-now-he-asked/2019/07/19/cc0c83e0-aa2d-11e9-a3a6-ab670962db05_story.html?utm_term=.9b0662680b9c

You serious ...or just trolling ?

The Dems have blocked every attempt by Trump to fund wall building . You know this so what's the point of your silliness ?
quash
Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

The Dems have blocked every attempt by Trump to fund wall building . You know this so what's the point of your silliness ?
Since it was t;;dr for you:
"In the 2018 omnibus government funding bill, lawmakers approved $1.375 billion for 80 miles of new and replacement wall in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, various regions of California, and Yuma, Arizona. CBP said it has finished roughly 10 miles of that portion, of which none has been new fencing."
Malbec
This is the reason that Dems are such losers. Why don't they take credit for winning and stopping Trump from building the wall? It's like asking Don Shula how the '72 Dolphins went undefeated, and him saying, "The other teams sucked. They couldn't do anything."
quash
D. C. Bear said:

If that were all it was then we could laugh it off. But it has become a central tenet of his administration, and it is apparently not true.

Just lately in EL Paso: Trump responded, "Now, you really mean 'finish that wall,' because we've built a lot of it,"
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

D. C. Bear said:

If that were all it was then we could laugh it off. But it has become a central tenet of his administration, and it is apparently not true.

Just lately in EL Paso: Trump responded, "Now, you really mean 'finish that wall,' because we've built a lot of it,"
Yep. You Libs need to stick to that. Trump is DOOMED because he is not building the wall. LOL!

You folks should really come up with something better than this.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Booray
Canada2017 said:

TexasScientist said:

Chuck Schumer agreed to 25 billion in wall funding in exchange for DACA protection at a time the GOP controlled the house. POTUS reneged on that deal because the talking heads at Fox told him amnesty was the the worst sin. POTUS could have had a big chunk of his wall built, but he bungled the negotiation.

If what you mean by "the Dems have blocked every attempt by Trump to fund wall building" is that they haven't just agreed to it without getting something in return you are right. Of course if the idea is that the party who loses the Presidential election just should agree to everything the POTUS proposes the whole "genius of the Constitution" thing turns out to be a bit overrated.
D. C. Bear
quash said:

D. C. Bear said:

I can most certainly laugh it off, just like I can laugh off a lot of the other crap he says. You should try it.
cinque
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

D. C. Bear said:

Yep. You Libs need to stick to that. Trump is DOOMED because he is not building the wall. LOL!

Smearing Trump with his unbuilt wall is a very effective retort to his promises kept bs. I suspect you know as much.
Oldbear83
cinque said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

quash said:

D. C. Bear said:

Smearing Trump with his unbuilt wall is a very effective retort to his promises kept bs. I suspect you know as much.
You know Trump will be re-elected. All the blather and hysteria you post here won't change that.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.