New Story on Quid Pro Quo.

7,085 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by quash
Booray
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So apparently it was a quid pro quo, just an appropriate one?

Apologies all around to the whistleblower?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-news.html?campaign_id=60&instance_id=0&segment_id=17989&user_id=c2abe1d2d1a3a1fe920616481e5dc710®i_id=98308315ing-news
riflebear
Booray said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-news.html?campaign_id=60&instance_id=0&segment_id=17989&user_id=c2abe1d2d1a3a1fe920616481e5dc710®i_id=98308315ing-news
I watched the press conference. It's amazing how they can spin something someone say when they specifically said this was not the case when explaining.

I would hate to be a politician knowing the media has immunity to lie and spin the story anyway they want.
Booray
riflebear said:

Booray said:

I watched the press conference. It's amazing how they can spin something someone say when they specifically said this was not the case when explaining.

I would hate to be a politician knowing the media has immunity to lie and spin the story anyway they want.
Did he not say these exact words?

Did he [Trump] also mention to me in passing the corruption related to the D.N.C. server? Absolutely. No question about that," he said. "But that's it, and that's why we held up the money.

The avalanche of career diplomats who were willing to tell congress that this was all part of a concerted effort to get the Ukranian government to help President Trump's campaign made it clear that ?no quid pro quo" would no longer fly, even among the reality challenged. So now it is: yes we demanded it, yes we used the foreign aid as leverage, but that is ok.

I really don't see the point of the impeachment at this point,. Trump has admitted the conduct. People are either ok with that type of conduct in a president or not. There aren't enough republicans with the spine to convict, so lets just leave it up to the voters in 2020.

But drain the swamp my ass. He is as crooked and dirty as they come.
HuMcK
Mulvaney is trying to pull a fast one. Notice how he stays away from mentioning Biden in connection to the withheld funds, this is the administration saying "yes we withheld the money, but it was about 2016 not 2020 and there's nothing wrong with that". Nevermind that the "Ukraine has the DNC servers" thing is insane (and comes from Russian Mafia connected Dmitry Firtash, crazy how these guys are always trying to deflect blame away from Russia...). Sad thing is, Trump's base is dumb enough to run with it.
fadskier
Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

Did he [Trump] also mention to me in passing the corruption related to the D.N.C. server? Absolutely. No question about that," he said. "But that's it, and that's why we held up the money.

The avalanche of career diplomats who were willing to tell congress that this was all part of a concerted effort to get the Ukranian government to help President Trump's campaign made it clear that ?no quid pro quo" would no longer fly, even among the reality challenged. So now it is: yes we demanded it, yes we used the foreign aid as leverage, but that is ok.

I really don't see the point of the impeachment at this point,. Trump has admitted the conduct. People are either ok with that type of conduct in a president or not. There aren't enough republicans with the spine to convict, so lets just leave it up to the voters in 2020.

Quid pro quo was never related to the server of the 2016 election and Ukraine corruption. It was about Biden. Clearly the favor WAS NOT about Biden. What avalanche are you talking about? Right now, these interviews are being conducted in secret except for the chosen leaks from the Democratic party. Clearly, if they had anything impeachable by now, we'd be there.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Booray
fadskier said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

Quid pro quo was never related to the server of the 2016 election and Ukraine corruption. It was about Biden. Clearly the favor WAS NOT about Biden. What avalanche are you talking about? Right now, these interviews are being conducted in secret except for the chosen leaks from the Democratic party. Clearly, if they had anything impeachable by now, we'd be there.
You would buy the London Bridge from DJT.
curtpenn
HuMcK said:

Mulvaney is trying to pull a fast one. Notice how he stays away from mentioning Biden in connection to the withheld funds, this is the administration saying "yes we withheld the money, but it was about 2016 not 2020 and there's nothing wrong with that". Nevermind that the "Ukraine has the DNC servers" thing is insane (and comes from Russian Mafia connected Dmitry Firtash, crazy how these guys are always trying to deflect blame away from Russia...). Sad thing is, Trump's base is dumb enough to run with it.
The truly sad thing is the left is dumb enough to think those who oppose them only do so out of support for Trump. The reality is, we right thinking people are willing to tolerate even a Trump over against the policy ideas and platform of the neo-fascists of the left.
cinque
fadskier said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

Chuckle, of course it was about Biden. Mulvaney admitted that's how they do business.
HuMcK
curtpenn said:

HuMcK said:

The truly sad thing is the left is dumb enough to think those who oppose them only do so out of support for Trump. The reality is, we right thinking people are willing to tolerate even a Trump over against the policy ideas and platform of the neo-fascists of the left.

I get it, you realize Trump sucks and is a terrible human being, so you keep reciting your "the left is worse" mantra over and over as a form of self-assurance. That's your own idiocy, not mine. Pretty ironic though to call "the left" neo-fascists as Republicans assert their belief that Trump is above the law and not subject to any legal oversight whatsoever, but you keep doing you.
fadskier
Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

Nope. I don't believe everything he says, but I've read the transcript of the call. The favor was specific to the server from 2016.
curtpenn
HuMcK said:

curtpenn said:

HuMcK said:

I get it, you realize Trump sucks and is a terrible human being, so you keep reciting your "the left is worse" mantra over and over as a form of self-assurance. That's your own idiocy, not mine. Pretty ironic though to call "the left" neo-fascists as Republicans assert their belief that Trump is above the law and not subject to any legal oversight whatsoever, but you keep doing you.
I get it, you realize your belief system sucks and your leaders are easily as failed as human beings as Trump, so you keep reciting your "but, Trump..." mantra over and over as a form of self-assurance. That's your own idiocy, not mine. You should embrace the irony that whatever Trump's personal failings, your party of tolerance and inclusion is actually in the forefront of a completely destructive Weltanschauung that will make neo-serfs of all who fail to bend the knee to your lunatic brand, but you keep doing you.
fadskier
Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

There is nothing about Biden in here:

"I would like you to do us a favor though
because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a
lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with
this whole siuation with Ukraine, they s_ay Crowdstrike ... I guess
you have one of your weal thy people... The server, they say
Ukraine has.it There- are a lot. of things that went on, the
:whole situation .. I think you 1 re _surrounding yourself with some
of the same people. I .

would like to have the Attorney General
call you or your people and I would like you t get to the
bottom of it. As you sa yestrday, that whole nonsetise ended
with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Muele_r, an
incompetent performance-, _but they. say a lot of it started with
Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you. do it
if that's possible."

This is directly copied from the transcript. Immediately after this Zelensky answers. Biden doesn't come up until later and there is no word "favor."

If reading is difficult, perhaps have someone else read it for you.
quash
curtpenn said:

HuMcK said:

The truly sad thing is the Trumpsters are dumb enough to think those who oppose them only do so out of support for the left. The reality is, we right-thinking people oppose Trump over policy mis-steps, lies, obstruction of justice and corrosion of our civic institutions.
FIFM.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
fadskier
quash said:

curtpenn said:

HuMcK said:

The truly sad thing is the Trumpsters are dumb enough to think those who oppose them only do so out of support for the left. The reality is, we right-thinking people oppose Trump over policy mis-steps, lies, obstruction of justice and corrosion of our civic institutions.
FIFM.
I think the issue is that we don't all agree that he's done those things.
twd74
fadskier said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

Booray said:

riflebear said:

Booray said:

There is nothing about Biden in here:

"I would like you to do us a favor though
because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a
lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with
this whole siuation with Ukraine, they s_ay Crowdstrike ... I guess
you have one of your weal thy people... The server, they say
Ukraine has.it There- are a lot. of things that went on, the
:whole situation .. I think you 1 re _surrounding yourself with some
of the same people. I .

would like to have the Attorney General
call you or your people and I would like you t get to the
bottom of it. As you sa yestrday, that whole nonsetise ended
with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Muele_r, an
incompetent performance-, _but they. say a lot of it started with
Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you. do it
if that's possible."

This is directly copied from the transcript. Immediately after this Zelensky answers. Biden doesn't come up until later and there is no word "favor."

If reading is difficult, perhaps have someone else read it for you.
Is it possible your were unable to read from page 3 to 4 of the transcript? Also, when the Godfather says a special favor, its special, and when he says "The Other Thing--thats the real thing. Capiche?

Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great.4 The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.
GoneGirl
Now we find out "we did it, but it's not a crime" strategy will work with enough Republicans. Sure does on this site.

And ruh-roh, Mulvaney went rogue, so it wasn't even an orchestrated strategy: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2019/10/17/mulvaney-remarks-ukraine-enrage-trump-advisers/A45tho24H6Dmk1Bs9G6qYK/story.html?p1=HP_Feed_ContentQuery
cinque
Jinx 2 said:

Now we find out "we did it, but it's not a crime" strategy will work with enough Republicans. Sure does on this site.

And ruh-roh, Mulvaney went rogue, so it wasn't even an orchestrated strategy: https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2019/10/17/mulvaney-remarks-ukraine-enrage-trump-advisers/A45tho24H6Dmk1Bs9G6qYK/story.html?p1=HP_Feed_ContentQuery
They're doing a clumsy job of trying to get the cultists used to the idea of strong arming a country to assist you in an election, not being such a bad thing.
fadskier
Yes, I understand that you want to read into things.
fadskier
You would see it that way. Have you ever made a positive post about anything? I pity you and feel sorry for you. Your life must be miserable to be so unhappy.
twd74
fadskier said:

Yes, I understand that you want to read into things.
Having spent a few years in Business meetings, when we are looking to secure a deal, and the Client says, I need a favor, and then, toward the close of the conversation he mentions the other thing, no credible business person I know would mistake the meaning. The only people not understanding the meaning are those who if Trump urinated on their heads, would call it rain.
fadskier
As the head of a company, I insist on specifics...not generalities and assumptions. Maybe you should try it.
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Like I been saying.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Booray said:

Are all quid pro quos bad or wrong? Shouldn't whistleblowing be limited to inappropriate quid pro quos?
Booray
Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Like I been saying.

Yes you have.
Mitch Blood Green
"These hos ain't loyal. "

"" Donald Trump
Booray
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Booray said:

Are all quid pro quos bad or wrong? Shouldn't whistleblowing be limited to inappropriate quid pro quos?

No and yes
BusyTarpDuster2017
Booray said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Booray said:

No and yes
So why is an apology warranted?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Buzzwords of the month. Have heard quid pro quo more these last two weeks than in I have in my previous 56 years of life.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Reporter
RD2 - is the "quid Pro" to the insane asylum's "quo"! Still posting inane posts while garnering the support of a measly 5.36 % of the voters in his own home county. No self respecting losing candidate could exhibit less self awareness. Sad. Sad. Sad.
Wrecks Quan Dough
quash
Reporter said:

RD2 - is the "quid Pro" to the insane asylum's "quo"! Still posting inane posts while garnering the support of a measly 5.36 % of the voters in his own home county. No self respecting losing candidate could exhibit less self awareness. Sad. Sad. Sad.

Ideas are the currency on this site. Go borrow some.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
LIB,MR BEARS
HuMcK said:

curtpenn said:

HuMcK said:

Well, I haven't called the Dems bro-racist. I will however call them/you supporters of baby killing. And that, is something worse than what Trump is now.
contrario
Reporter said:

What percentage of the vote did you get in that election? Your RD2-DS is sad.
HuMcK
HuMcK
A little bit louder for those in the back...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.