New Story on Quid Pro Quo.

7,092 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by quash
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They're at the farcical stage where Schiff is standing in front of a big curtain he won't let the public look behind while he LOUDLY CLAIMS he's getting MOUNTAINS of evidence proving a quid pro quo by Trump in that phone call to Zelensky.

Like a carnival barker, Schiff is putting on an act.

He can't SHOW you any of the evidence, any of the transcripts, etc., just TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT! Just like he claimed he had evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia.

But its all a bluff.

THERE IS NOTHING BEHIND THE CURTAIN.

That's **WHY** he won't let anyone look behind it.
cinque
This is interesting:

These hearings are taking place behind closed doors because lawmakers think things will be more productive that way. "The private ones always produce better results." That is not a Democrat we are quoting. It is a Republican, former congressman Trey Gowdy, who conducted the Benghazi investigation into Hillary Clinton a few years ago and pushed back against criticism that most of the hearings were in private. A Democratic aide working on the impeachment inquiry emailed around Gowdy's comments on Wednesday to underscore that when the shoe was on the other foot, Republicans were fine with having things behind closed doors.
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

But most of all it is clear that the majority of POTUS' supporters have zero shame about this or any of POTUS' 10,000 other ethical and moral failings. They are proud to support a guy who would sell his mother's pearls to buy himself a ham sandwich.
This is an easy position for anti-Trumpers to take, in the same way it's easy for people to say lawyers are all sell-outs and have no scruples. You should understand that it's more complicated than that.
No it is really not more complicated than that. Donald J. Trump has no moral compass. He leads his life and makes his decisions on one basis alone: what is good for Donald J. Trump. He is not constrained by the law, believing himself above the law.

I am a damn good judge of character and I have seen enough to know that the above statements are true. Its why he has been sued 3,500 times, why his default conversation is mean, petty insults, why he thinks he can just grab women whenever he wants to, why he has been divorced three times, why he lies on property tax documents and applications for bank loans, why he is afraid to release his tax returns; why he lies about every little thing and and why he measures his life by money and fame.

I understand that all presidents are arrogant; Trump goes way beyond that.

What is complicated is that you share his apparent policy goals. If you want to make the argument that he may be a despicable human being but he is moving us closer to a pro-life, more secure, less regulated country, I understand.

Pretending that we should believe one word that comes out of his mouth, however, is irrational given his track record.

Your last statement is itself irrational given the outcome of the Russia collusion investigation.

Let's not forget your side's justification for holding hearings behind closed doors - the truth will come out later if there's a trial. The only thing being made clear at this point is whatever the Democrats want us to hear. If you want to use that to advocate against Trump, that's fine. But don't expect everyone to simply take your word that he's guilty.
riflebear
cinque said:

This is interesting:

These hearings are taking place behind closed doors because lawmakers think things will be more productive that way. "The private ones always produce better results." That is not a Democrat we are quoting. It is a Republican, former congressman Trey Gowdy, who conducted the Benghazi investigation into Hillary Clinton a few years ago and pushed back against criticism that most of the hearings were in private. A Democratic aide working on the impeachment inquiry emailed around Gowdy's comments on Wednesday to underscore that when the shoe was on the other foot, Republicans were fine with having things behind closed doors.
You are forgetting to talk about what happened and what the other party was allowed to do when Gowdy was holding these hearings. The 'secret' hearings is not the issue, I'm glad they are secret - it's how Schiff is handling business behind closed doors is what the issue is and then not telling the whole story to the press but leaking misleading info to push a narrative. The same thing he did w/ Russia when he was proven a liar but they kept him in charge. Pure insanity to have a corrupt serial liar in charge of this committee. Schiff is one of the most unethical people ever to set foot in DC.
riflebear
quash said:

riflebear said:

Honest question - if you are prosecuting a crime and the alleged 'victim' testifies that there was no crime or damages what do you do?

The aid was held up pending Trump's ask. That much is plain as day. President Zelensky talked about checking their account every day, wondering where the money was. That you don't get that speaks volumes about your online degree and Photoshopped BU diploma.

You keeping harping on "libs" as though you are a conservative. You are not. You are a t-shirt fan of Team Trump. Your cut and paste jobs are laughable, so much so I rarely address them. Just the funniest, like when you post a story from another country thinking it's about the US. Classic riflebear.
Your first paragraph is false, nice try though.
And please don't tell anyone else about my photoshopped diploma.
Booray
Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

But most of all it is clear that the majority of POTUS' supporters have zero shame about this or any of POTUS' 10,000 other ethical and moral failings. They are proud to support a guy who would sell his mother's pearls to buy himself a ham sandwich.
This is an easy position for anti-Trumpers to take, in the same way it's easy for people to say lawyers are all sell-outs and have no scruples. You should understand that it's more complicated than that.
No it is really not more complicated than that. Donald J. Trump has no moral compass. He leads his life and makes his decisions on one basis alone: what is good for Donald J. Trump. He is not constrained by the law, believing himself above the law.

I am a damn good judge of character and I have seen enough to know that the above statements are true. Its why he has been sued 3,500 times, why his default conversation is mean, petty insults, why he thinks he can just grab women whenever he wants to, why he has been divorced three times, why he lies on property tax documents and applications for bank loans, why he is afraid to release his tax returns; why he lies about every little thing and and why he measures his life by money and fame.

What is complicated is that you share his apparent policy goals. If you want to make the argument that he may be a despicable human being but he is moving us closer to a pro-life, more secure, less regulated country, I understand.

Pretending that we should believe one word that comes out of his mouth, however, is irrational given his track record.

Your last statement is itself irrational given the outcome of the Russia collusion investigation.

Let's not forget your side's justification for holding hearings behind closed doors - the truth will come out later if there's a trial. The only thing being made clear at this point is whatever the Democrats want us to hear. If you want to use that to advocate against Trump, that's fine. But don't expect everyone to simply take your word that he's guilty.

What about the Russia investigation makes you think DJT is an honest man? That he didn't collude with Russia? That is probably true but he lied about so many things connected to the investigation, its hard to see how his reputation for truthfulness was helped.

Yes, we are seeing selective evidence from the committee. But the fact that the Chief of Staff admitted the core issue is sort of problematic for the President.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

What about the Russia investigation makes you think DJT is an honest man? That he didn't collude with Russia? That is probably true but he lied about so many things connected to the investigation, its hard to see how his reputation for truthfulness was helped.

Yes, we are seeing selective evidence from the committee. But the fact that the Chief of Staff admitted the core issue is sort of problematic for the President.
That chief of staff has financial ties to Burisma...so I don't believe a ******* word coming out of his mouth.

How about you wait until you hear questioning from Republicans.
Doc Holliday
You MF'ers don't even know who the whistleblower is.

You don't acknowledge that Adam Schiff is coordinating and had talks with the whistleblower.

You don't care about the selective testimony. You don't care that it's secretive and hidden.

This is all because deep down inside you know this is another manufactured hit against President Trump because Democrats can't win on their own agenda.

You are pathetic children. Please grow up.
cinque
riflebear said:

cinque said:

This is interesting:

You are forgetting to talk about what happened and what the other party was allowed to do when Gowdy was holding these hearings. The 'secret' hearings is not the issue, I'm glad they are secret - it's how Schiff is handling business behind closed doors is what the issue is and then not telling the whole story to the press but leaking misleading info to push a narrative. The same thing he did w/ Russia when he was proven a liar but they kept him in charge. Pure insanity to have a corrupt serial liar in charge of this committee. Schiff is one of the most unethical people ever to set foot in DC.
Schiff is handling business just as Gowdey did and to suggest that Republicans haven't been whining the "secrecy" is being dishonest.
cinque
So, Zelensky knew what Trump was up to all along:

quash
Doc Holliday said:

You MF'ers don't even know who the whistleblower is.

You don't acknowledge that Adam Schiff is coordinating and had talks with the whistleblower.

You don't care about the selective testimony. You don't care that it's secretive and hidden.

This is all because deep down inside you know this is another manufactured hit against President Trump because Democrats can't win on their own agenda.

You are pathetic children. Please grow up.
I see your fake outrage.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
riflebear
Won't see this on CNN or MSNBC of course non of our resident lib conspiracy theorists will watch.

Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

You didn't say he had a bad reputation for truthfulness. You said it was only rational to pre-judge every word that comes out of his mouth. The Russia investigation is strong evidence to the contrary.

General estimations of Trump's character were most relevant before the election, especially during the primaries. My opinion of him at that time was quite low, and I said as much. What's important now isn't how many times he's been sued or divorced. The electorate knew this when they voted. He's now president, and he's entitled to be judged by his conduct as president.

On that score, he's done surprisingly well. Hardly a week has gone by when Trump hasn't been accused of some new atrocity, and he's been vindicated again and again. He's been under unprecedented scrutiny since the day he took office. If the media had been as zealous in pursuing IRS-gate, especially in a bad economy, Obama might have been made to look far worse. The fact that we're debating obscure issues like emoluments - not to mention that Trump actually has the better argument - is almost unbelievable. These issues pale in comparison to the crimes of the Bush and Obama administrations, which were abuses of the highest order. They even pale in comparison to Clinton's campaign finance violations.

You're seeing seeing the absolute worst that an extraordinarily motivated media and opposition party can dig up. The worst they have is a debunked Russian conspiracy theory, a frivolous emoluments lawsuit, and a phone call where Trump tries and fails to get something in return for our foreign aid. That's remarkable when you think about it.
quash
Wow.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
Adam Schiff said he had evidence of collusion months ago. Still waiting on that lol

Lefties are getting conned again. You got conned by Mueller and now Schiff. There's nothing behind the curtain.
Doc Holliday
I've done the research:

The whistleblower is Eric Ciaramella.

He ran the meeting that was one of the earliest documented efforts to build the now-debunked Trump-Russia collusion narrative. 33 years old, works for the CIA. He helped create the Steele Dossier. Has ties to McCain. Supports Joe Biden. Now best buds with Adam Schiff.

No wonder they won't publicly release his name!

This all means that Adam Schiff & Nancy Pelosi work 'in concert' with John Brennan. McMaster played a role as well.

Brennan's holdover guys did it.

All Roads lead to Brennan.
quash
Next time AA dips I'm buying more.
Booray
Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

Sam Lowry said:

Booray said:

You didn't say he had a bad reputation for truthfulness. You said it was only rational to pre-judge every word that comes out of his mouth. The Russia investigation is strong evidence to the contrary.

General estimations of Trump's character were most relevant before the election, especially during the primaries. My opinion of him at that time was quite low, and I said as much. What's important now isn't how many times he's been sued or divorced. The electorate knew this when they voted. He's now president, and he's entitled to be judged by his conduct as president.

On that score, he's done surprisingly well. Hardly a week has gone by when Trump hasn't been accused of some new atrocity, and he's been vindicated again and again. He's been under unprecedented scrutiny since the day he took office. If the media had been as zealous in pursuing IRS-gate, especially in a bad economy, Obama might have been made to look far worse. The fact that we're debating obscure issues like emoluments - not to mention that Trump actually has the better argument - is almost unbelievable. These issues pale in comparison to the crimes of the Bush and Obama administrations, which were abuses of the highest order. They even pale in comparison to Clinton's campaign finance violations.

You're seeing seeing the absolute worst that an extraordinarily motivated media and opposition party can dig up. The worst they have is a debunked Russian conspiracy theory, a frivolous emoluments lawsuit, and a phone call where Trump tries and fails to get something in return for our foreign aid. That's remarkable when you think about it.

Was my exact quote. Maybe too much literary flourish, but I think it does describe "a reputation for untruthfulness." It doesn't mean everything he says is a lie; it means he lies so much that I don't believe anything he says without corroboration. And deservedly so.

I have consistently agreed with your point about not impeaching him-we knew what we were getting.

But the idea that his conduct in office is somehow acceptable flabbergasts me. No way to square that circle.
Doc Holliday
Doc Holliday said:

I've done the research:

He ran the meeting that was one of the earliest documented efforts to build the now-debunked Trump-Russia collusion narrative. 33 years old, works for the CIA. He helped create the Steele Dossier. Has ties to McCain. Supports Joe Biden. Now best buds with Adam Schiff.

This all means that Adam Schiff & Nancy Pelosi work 'in concert' with John Brennan. McMaster played a role as well.

Bump.

Told ya'll on the 24th.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2019/10/30/whistleblower_exposed_close_to_biden_brennan_dnc_oppo_researcher_120996.html
quash
Doc Holliday said:

Doc Holliday said:

I've done the research:

Bump.

Told ya'll on the 24th.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2019/10/30/whistleblower_exposed_close_to_biden_brennan_dnc_oppo_researcher_120996.html

And his story has been confirmed. Too late to cast him as unreliable, he appears to have nailed it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.