Coronavirus updates here

432,882 Views | 4582 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jacques Strap
nein51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Is there a correlation between number of positive tests and number of tests being given? Ie are positives going up because the number of tests is going up?
Yes. I stopped doing my regular updates because this thread continues to go crazy tangential.

You've also got the factor of follow up tests for positives, which compound the numbers because each person tested with a positive result counts as a new case, and people who test positive must continue to test until they are negative.

Just an anecdote, My Great Aunt (103) is languishing in a hospital after testing positive nearly a month ago. She just had test number 6 during that period that has come back positive. She has been asymptomatic the entire time, but you can't play around with someone her age. All 6 of her tests were reported to the state.

I keep seeing freak outs so I wondered if this is merely an issue of quantity of tests. If the % has stayed the same then really nothing has changed we just "scaled up". It also possible that the % has gone down but case numbers have gone up.

I don't know why people think this is going away. That's clearly not happening any time soon.
ATL Bear
nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Is there a correlation between number of positive tests and number of tests being given? Ie are positives going up because the number of tests is going up?
Yes. I stopped doing my regular updates because this thread continues to go crazy tangential.

You've also got the factor of follow up tests for positives, which compound the numbers because each person tested with a positive result counts as a new case, and people who test positive must continue to test until they are negative.

Just an anecdote, My Great Aunt (103) is languishing in a hospital after testing positive nearly a month ago. She just had test number 6 during that period that has come back positive. She has been asymptomatic the entire time, but you can't play around with someone her age. All 6 of her tests were reported to the state.

I keep seeing freak outs so I wondered if this is merely an issue of quantity of tests. If the % has stayed the same then really nothing has changed we just "scaled up". It also possible that the % has gone down but case numbers have gone up.

I don't know why people think this is going away. That's clearly not happening any time soon.
There is a concern of a Harris County cluster that is impacting hospitalizations at a couple of facilities there.
trey3216
nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

The percent positive has also risen, so it is not just a raw number rise.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Florda_mike
nein51 said:

No studies on it

Doesn't fit narrative

Waaaaay too logical a question
Florda_mike
ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

There's other anecdotal stories that have been told here of negative test reported to state as positive

With hospitals getting $13,000/COVID case and $37,000 per death doesn't it benefit hospitals to let your 103 year old great aunt die inside the hospital where no one can see what care she's being given?

I'd be breaking her out of that concentration camp pretending to be a hospital
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

nein51 said:

No. Not as of now in Texas.

Math isn't your friend
TexasScientist
nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

We have 25% of the worlds cases, but are a leader in the world among worst out come and rate of increase.
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

We have 25% of the worlds cases, but are a leader in the world among worst out come and rate of increase.

We also lead the world in Never Trumpers like you

Timing of this and shutdowns and riots are very convenient wouldn't you say?

Can you climb out of your TDS long enough to admit it?
TexasScientist
ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Is she hospitalized testing positve to Covid or for some other reason?
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

I would say ignorance is your excuse.
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Thanks

Your reply means I won
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

nein51 said:

No. Not as of now in Texas.
there was, but something has changed... open bars and Restaurants, less protocol adherence during social gatherings, large group gatherings and mass travel between areas of the state/interstate travel
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

While arrogance and bias rule your world.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
ATL Bear
TexasScientist said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Is she hospitalized testing positve to Covid or for some other reason?
She was in a nursing home. She can't go back, and she can't be released until she tests negative twice.

I still find the virus so strange. She is asymptomatic, has been for weeks, but her immune system (assumed) isn't strong enough to kill it off.
quash
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

The correlation between shutdowns and election timing is irrelevant. The numbers are saying that people are behaving in a way that spreads the virus. The numbers tell us nothing about Trump's supporters or opponents. Nada.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
GrowlTowel
blackie said:

Sam Lowry said:

'This has to stop': Houston ICUs filling up after surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations
By Alison Medley
Friday, June 19, 2020

In just this past week, Texas hospitals have experienced a surge in COVID-19 hospitalizations, climbing to a record number of 3,148 on Friday, according to Texas Health and Human Services.

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has grown to 103,305 in Texas. Harris County now leads the state with 18,552 cases.

As the number of COVID-19 hospitalizations have climbed, Houston hospital ICUs have seen an increased influx in patients. According to Houston Methodist Hospital's ICU lead, Dr. Faisal Masul, ICU admissions have shot up in the last week.

"In the the last 5 days, ICU admissions have risen 30 or 40 percent," Masud said. "We are very, very full. Initially, the uptick has been more than regular."

Houston's Memorial Hermann Hospital has also seen a marked increase in their ICU admissions, according to Dr. James McCarthy.

"Volumes have definitely been increasing," McCarthy said. "We have vigilantly tried to increase capacity."

Masud said Houston Methodist's plan of action is to meet the need within the Houston community.

"Our strategy is that we going to be adding more beds," he said.

Masud said the influx of ICU patients is concerning.

"This has to stop. This is not good," Masud said. "After Memorial Day, this is what has happened. Everything depends upon people complying with these mask orders and businesses actually enforcing the orders."

Masud reiterated that Houstonians must stay vigilant and avoid a false sense of security.

"We did such a good job as a city and a state early on," Masud said. "Now we have a lot to do. To lose all this ground, it's disturbing."

The message he wants to send to Texans is simple.

"Stop thinking only about yourself. Think of everyone else around you," Masud said. "Please put your mask on. It's a big deal. Please keep your social distancing. If nothing changes, the choice will be out of our hands. Help us help you."
Per Abbott, we have plenty of beds in Texas according to what he told us earlier in the week. There is no problem in Houston. For those Houstonians needing beds, there are still plenty of beds in .......Wink, Dalhart, Ft. Stockton, and Del Rio. No problem.....plenty of capacity in Texas....party on dudes......I hear there is a mask-burning party down at Joe's.

As the husband of an ICU nurse assigned to the COVID-19 unit I can say, there are plenty of beds. The TMC was very smart in its planning and all in the Houston area should take pride in its efforts. They are the actual professionals making good decisions as opposed to the joke that is the Harrison County Judge and Mayor.
jupiter
trey3216
jupiter said:

Flarda is lickin his chops. Gonna buy it up like ammo and Iraqi Dinars
ATL Bear
trey3216 said:

jupiter said:

Flarda is lickin his chops. Gonna buy it up like ammo and Iraqi Dinars
Ooof... I have a relative that was hornswoggled into that. Still sitting with literally several million dinar hard currency.
Bexar Pitts
McLennan County reports as of Sun. 21st, there are 51 new cases of Covid-19... Still 9 hospitalizations with 7 of them in critical condition. All found on covidwaco.com and KWTX website.
Canada2017
Bexar Pitts said:

McLennan County reports as of Sun. 21st, there are 51 new cases of Covid-19... Still 9 hospitalizations with 7 of them in critical condition. All found on covidwaco.com and KWTX website.

7 out of 9 in critical condition.

That's really harsh.
Osodecentx
Bexar Pitts said:

I see the Waco web site that tells us there are 9 in hospital in Waco. Where do you get the info on the
# in ICU?
https://covidwaco.com
trey3216
Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

I see the Waco web site that tells us there are 9 in hospital in Waco. Where do you get the info on the
# in ICU?

i bet some folks on this board know some things about happenings in waco. I've heard the same #'s
Osodecentx
trey3216 said:

Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

# in ICU?

i bet some folks on this board know some things about happenings in waco. I've heard the same #'s
51% of cases are in cohort under age 40. 18% over 60
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

nein51 said:

ATL Bear said:

nein51 said:

Riots and shutdowns are never convenient. What has Trump done to defuse the situation? Climb out of your TDS long enough to tell me.
Oldbear83
1. Signed an Executive Order addressing choke holds by Police

2. Repeatedly supported the rule of law

3. Emphasized the difference between peaceful protest and criminal rioting

4. Repeatedly displayed optimism regarding the US economy

I guess you were asleep through all that
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

Mostly window dressing. Give me something substantial.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Did. Too bad you can't accept it.

But tell me, since you hate Trump so much and are clearly Team Left, what exactly has Biden or Pelosi done to address the riots and shutdowns?
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

But tell me, since you hate Trump so much and are clearly Team Left, what exactly has Biden or Pelosi done to address the riots and shutdowns?
Having the capicity to see Trump for who he is has nothing to do with left or right. Other than a verbal platform, Biden has no authority to do anything, and Pelosi can only introduce legislation. What has the cult leader done other than add fuel to the fire?
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Having the capicity to see Trump for who he is has nothing to do with left or right. Other than a verbal platform, Biden has no authority to do anything, and Pelosi can only introduce legislation. What has the cult leader done other than add fuel to the fire?
So, you default to excuses and insults.

Bexar Pitts
Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

# in ICU?

Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not on this site as often as some of you guys. The critical condition numbers were taken from KWTX story yesterday. They usually put out a summary after County issues their daily report. Hope this helps.
Whiskey Pete
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

Not surprised either. TS is the most TDSer on this board
Canada2017
HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

Claims to be a scientist ....refuses to provide any details whatsoever .
Claims to own a business which employ's dozens of people.......refuses to provide any details whatsoever.

Has initiated scores of threads.......on 2 topics only. Hating on Trump and hating on religion .
So repetitive I finally put him on ignore.

Gotta luv the internet .
quash
Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

Claims to own a business which employ's dozens of people.......refuses to provide any details whatsoever.

I don't blame him given the propensity of some here to use personal details in inappropriate ways... not like he owes you answers to personal questions...whatsoever.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Canada2017 said:

HashTag said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yep...

I don't blame him given the propensity of some here to use personal details in inappropriate ways... not like he owes you answers to personal questions...whatsoever.
OK, just remember that the next time you want someone to support their claim with facts and data. You don't get to demand what you refuse to give.

First Page Last Page
Page 85 of 131

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.