Could a "Draft Cuomo" Movement Be in the Democrats' Future?

466 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Flaming Moderate
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/could-a-draft-cuomo-movement-be-in-the-democrats-future/
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.


There IS a movement and it might happen. Biden is mentally unable to perform the job.
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Dems would be stupid NOT to nominate Cuomo.
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.


There IS a movement and it might happen. Biden is mentally unable to perform the job.
All yall ever do is project. It is amazing really.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.


There IS a movement and it might happen. Biden is mentally unable to perform the job.
All yall ever do is project. It is amazing really.
So do you honestly think Uncle Joe makes it to the finish line?
"Lord I wanna go to Heaven, but I don't wanna go tonight!" -- Country singer Joe Diffie
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden will be 78 years old November 20th.

From your own personal observations .....do you really believe Biden is fully capable, both physically and mentally, to be president of the United States ?
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PartyBear said:

Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.


There IS a movement and it might happen. Biden is mentally unable to perform the job.
All yall ever do is project. It is amazing really.


Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe absolutely this will occur. Biden is clearly demented. The interesting dynamic will be how the Bernie Bros and other extremists react. Last election showed the party is rigged for the big money establishment, so putting Cuomo above Bernie could keep the progressive socialists home.
Jack and DP
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

Biden will be 78 years old November 20th.

From your own personal observations .....do you really believe Biden is fully capable, both physically and mentally, to be president of the United States ?
Does 4 years make all that difference? Trump will be 74 and he has had the stress of this position for 4 years and then you pile on the virus situation. Neither should be going into office at these ages.
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.


There IS a movement and it might happen. Biden is mentally unable to perform the job.
All yall ever do is project. It is amazing really.




Nicole Wallace looks like she is talking to her Grandpa in the nursing home.
Midnight Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As a democrat with a little "d" which usually, but not always, translates to a Democrat with a big "D", I have been been tremendously unimpressed with the Democratic field of candidates this time around. The only one that I really liked was Steve Bullock, as he was something of a moderate (compared to the rest of them, anyway), and he appealed to my rural blue collar roots. I even had a Bullock bumper sticker on my Chevy truck until he dropped out.

Now it looks like the Dems are going with Biden, whose flaws are so obvious that I am not going to bother to repeat what others in the forum have stated.

Yeah, I know that the idea of drafting Cuomo is probably a pipe dream, but I went ahead and slapped a "Follow" on the Twitter page and a "Like" on the Facebook page to help generate some interest.

HashTag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

Biden will be 78 years old November 20th.

From your own personal observations .....do you really believe Biden is fully capable, both physically and mentally, to be president of the United States ?
Does 4 years make all that difference? Trump will be 74 and he has had the stress of this position for 4 years and then you pile on the virus situation. Neither should be going into office at these ages.
Trump has more than proved he can handle the stress of his position and this crisis. Biden, on the other hand, has proved he can't remember what he's talking about half the time.
Forest Bueller_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.


There IS a movement and it might happen. Biden is mentally unable to perform the job.
All yall ever do is project. It is amazing really.




Nicole Wallace looks like she is talking to her Grandpa in the nursing home.
Basically she is and it's not Joe's fault. He is an old man, mentally a very old man.
Canada2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes 4 years does make a difference . Especially when the older individual is clearly showing signs of dementia.

Agreed, they are both too old.

As is Pelosi....as is Ginsberg.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Midnight Rider said:

As a democrat with a little "d" ........


Really no need to be so forthcoming, my friend. TMI. Most posters here don't care what size it is because it is really none of our business.
"Lord I wanna go to Heaven, but I don't wanna go tonight!" -- Country singer Joe Diffie
Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Midnight Rider said:

As a democrat with a little "d" which usually, but not always, translates to a Democrat with a big "D", I have been been tremendously unimpressed with the Democratic field of candidates this time around. The only one that I really liked was Steve Bullock, as he was something of a moderate (compared to the rest of them, anyway), and he appealed to my rural blue collar roots. I even had a Bullock bumper sticker on my Chevy truck until he dropped out.

Now it looks like the Dems are going with Biden, whose flaws are so obvious that I am not going to bother to repeat what others in the forum have stated.

Yeah, I know that the idea of drafting Cuomo is probably a pipe dream, but I went ahead and slapped a "Follow" on the Twitter page and a "Like" on the Facebook page to help generate some interest.

Agreed. Compared to the 2016 Republican field, I was shocked there was not a truly viable Democratic candidate. Given the outrage hatred for Trump and the thought that he's so easily beatable, I'm surprised more accomplished, moderate candidates did not run. I was surprised by both the thinness of the resumes and the extremeness of the positions.
CHP Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Midnight Rider said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/could-a-draft-cuomo-movement-be-in-the-democrats-future/
Does a bear dump in the woods. Evidence, the 24/7, free hours of news coverage. Especially his daily 4 hour briefings. While the Burn and Plugs are out hustling the bucks, the Como is feathering his nest with free air time. Hash and rehash news conferences. Every time he graces my TV, shut it off, head for the kitchen and PBJ. Never did like hash, especially rehash. Great campaign strategy. Can't beat free. Don't know about you but I am now an expert on New York virus problems. Harken back to my 3/19 post, Virus PR.
ABC BEAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

Jack and DP said:

PartyBear said:

What is this 1992? No just like then there is not a movement such as that and it wont happen.


There IS a movement and it might happen. Biden is mentally unable to perform the job.
All yall ever do is project. It is amazing really.




Nicole Wallace looks like she is talking to her Grandpa in the nursing home.
A remote interview keeps old Joe from sniffing her hair.
witchmo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
blackie said:

Canada2017 said:

Biden will be 78 years old November 20th.

From your own personal observations .....do you really believe Biden is fully capable, both physically and mentally, to be president of the United States ?
Does 4 years make all that difference? Trump will be 74 and he has had the stress of this position for 4 years and then you pile on the virus situation. Neither should be going into office at these ages.
In general, I agree with the age thing. But I learned long ago that chronologic age is vastly different from "physiologic and mental age". Biden should retire, as should some others in government. Sanders is pretty remarkable IMO in terms of his mental acuity and stamina on the campaign. That is not his problem: his political convictions are an anathema to republican government rooted in our concept of liberty and an entirely different matter. Trump? He's distasteful to me in most socially-acceptable ways but he is far from senile. Don't really know much about his health but he is a poor communicator. Unfortunately or not, he is the only option IMO since he has done what he said he was going to do while in office. He's still a boor and a bully and socially inappropriate. Folks have said the same about me I imagine. Democrat party hasn't trotted out anyone better, and don't throw Cuomo out as a nominee based on a "good" short interview. He's got other interviews where he dismisses citizens and rights pretty clearly. Next suggestion for a nominee?
tommie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have three finalist all over 70 and an airborne virus run amuck. We could end up with two candidates not in the current finalist.
Flaming Moderate
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One also could argue Cuomo is John Leonard Orr.
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.