Andrew Cuomo is not the answer

8,786 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by GoneGirl
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cuomo, a baptized Catholic and graduate of Archbishop Molly High School in Queens and Fordham University in the Bronx, has abandoned some major moral tenets of his faith.

In 2011, his first year in office, he engineered the passage of same-sex marriage legislation. "Marriage equality," he declared, "is a question of principle and the state shouldn't discriminate against same-sex couples who wish to get married."

Then on January 16, 2014, Cuomo announced, on a radio show, that Catholics and others with traditional moral views were unfit citizens who were no longer welcome in New York:
Quote:

Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right to life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that's who they are and they're the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York because that's not who New Yorkers are.
It gets worse.

Cuomo has been off the rails on the subject of abortion. In his 2013 State of the State Address, he cast his lot with the radical pro-abortion lobby, screaming four times, "It's her body; it's her choice!"

Cuomo introduced legislation that would repeal the 1970 abortion law, and would codify abortion as a "fundamental right of privacy," a classification even the U.S. Supreme Court has rejected.

Article: https://www.thecatholicthing.org/2019/01/28/should-governor-andrew-cuomo-be-excommunicated/
GrowlTowel
How is he any different than Biden on these issues?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Canada2017
Always amusing to read about people who support abortion and still DEMAND to be considered Catholic .

When abortion is 100% against Church doctrine.

Mitch Blood Green
He's not on the ticket. I can't speak to his moral failings.
Booray
Canada2017 said:

Always amusing to read about people who support abortion and still DEMAND to be considered Catholic .

So is greed, adultery and a 1000 other things.
PartyBear
Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

When abortion is 100% against Church doctrine

Death penalty, war, nuclear weapons, just to add a few more.
CHP Bear
tommie said:

Yet
BaylorFTW
Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

Well, now that you mention it, Paladino says that Cuomo did cheat on his wife.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2010/09/29/paladino-alleges-cuomo-cheated-on-wife

CHP Bear
Appreciate the post. However, does anyone think progressive democrat voters care? I'm in the no column.
J.R.
I don't give 2 ****s about his political leanings. What I have observed is that he is so much more capable than our president. While our President continues his narcissist ways, and managing this crisis by his opinion and not facts, Gov. Cuomo, deals in facts, data, and the expertise of the best people we have. Trump deals in bull***** Hell, he contrition the experts every day during his daily briefing. Case in point...Trump is tweeting daily that car companies should convert to build ventilators in a couple of days. Well, I spent a good deal of my career in the contract manufacturing business. C level exec at a $15B public company and then starting growing my own company (sold it 7 yrs ago).. So, I have a little expertise in this area. Firstly, you don't go to an automotive plant and retrofit it from cars to ventilators. You have the big CMS do it. They switch product lines that are more often and are more nimble. Secondly, ventilators are electronics, so keep it with the people who understand PCB's and electronic supply chains. Getting the parts (supply chain) is the choke point. The supply chain does not have a bunch of finished goods on the shelf without a forecast. This is the challenge which Trump obviously does not understand. Additionally, changing a manufacturing plant over to ventilators is a 2-4 week process, even working 24hrs. a day. The tooling in factories, varies and that is obviously important. More tooling has to be produced to get to a ramp. Finally, Trumps sends out a nasty tweet about GM needs to restart a factory that they shut down....ok, GM doesn't own that anymore. Unfortunately, he way, way over his head.
Mitch Blood Green
CHP Bear said:

tommie said:

Yet

There's lots of maneuvering to get him on the ticket. Biden would have to drop out or die. Bernie would have to move over and the delegates would have to vote him in.

Oh, and he'd have to become a candidate.
riflebear
J.R. said:

I don't give 2 ****s about his political leanings. What I have observed is that he is so much more capable than our president. While our President continues his narcissist ways, and managing this crisis by his opinion and not facts, Gov. Cuomo, deals in facts, data, and the expertise of the best people we have. Trump deals in bull*****
I'm amazed (not really) at the disinformation out there from people who only watch liberal media. Trump definitely is not perfect in his briefings but you don't become a Billionaire and then become President w/out knowing how to manage large projects and LISTEN and delegate. If he wasn't listening he wouldn't have put the China ban on and he wouldn't have told everyone to stay inside and follow all the health officials as the economy passes into a recession which could severely damage his election chances.

Listen to this before making blanket statements. It contradicts everything you said. I know I won't change your mind but hopefully you will be more educated.

J.R.
riflebear said:

J.R. said:

I don't give 2 ****s about his political leanings. What I have observed is that he is so much more capable than our president. While our President continues his narcissist ways, and managing this crisis by his opinion and not facts, Gov. Cuomo, deals in facts, data, and the expertise of the best people we have. Trump deals in bull*****
I'm amazed (not really) at the disinformation out there from people who only watch liberal media. Trump definitely is not perfect in his briefings but you don't become a Billionaire and then become President w/out knowing how to manage large projects and LISTEN and delegate. If he wasn't listening he wouldn't have put the China ban on and he wouldn't have told everyone to stay inside and follow all the health officials as the economy passes into a recession which could severely damage his election chances.

Listen to this before making blanket statements. It contradicts everything you said. I know I won't change your mind but hopefully you will be more educated.

He didn't really become a Billionaire, he inherited $440M for daddy and has left a wake of failures behind him. Mr. Rifle, I deal in facts and data, not twitter crap. I would like you to refute anything I said in my post. Let's face it, he not leader, he's a con man.
CHP Bear
J.R. said:

I don't give 2 ****s about his political leanings. What I have observed is that he is so much more capable than our president. While our President continues his narcissist ways, and managing this crisis by his opinion and not facts, Gov. Cuomo, deals in facts, data, and the expertise of the best people we have. Trump deals in bull***** Hell, he contrition the experts every day during his daily briefing. Case in point...Trump is tweeting daily that car companies should convert to build ventilators in a couple of days. Well, I spent a good deal of my career in the contract manufacturing business. C level exec at a $15B public company and then starting growing my own company (sold it 7 yrs ago).. So, I have a little expertise in this area. Firstly, you don't go to an automotive plant and retrofit it from cars to ventilators. You have the big CMS do it. They switch product lines that are more often and are more nimble. Secondly, ventilators are electronics, so keep it with the people who understand PCB's and electronic supply chains. Getting the parts (supply chain) is the choke point. The supply chain does not have a bunch of finished goods on the shelf without a forecast. This is the challenge which Trump obviously does not understand. Additionally, changing a manufacturing plant over to ventilators is a 2-4 week process, even working 24hrs. a day. The tooling in factories, varies and that is obviously important. More tooling has to be produced to get to a ramp. Finally, Trumps sends out a nasty tweet about GM needs to restart a factory that they shut down....ok, GM doesn't own that anymore. Unfortunately, he way, way over his head.
First question, did Trump cause this mess? Second question, if he didn't, who did? Third question, are you saying, Trump is doing nothing to solve the problem or just dismayed because he has taken action you don't approve of? Your overview has some merit. However, he is doing something. Those before him put him in this situation. Isn't easy turning an aircraft carrier in a pond. As for me, not one business will solve the medical shortage problem However, companies like GM, My Pillow and the many others banding together will produce results. Join the team and help pull the wagon. Monday morning quarterbacking won't change the score.
Canada2017
Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

So ?

Anyone can claim to be anything ....hell I claim to be Jewish every once in a while just to amuse my sister .

But there are few things more cut and dried with the Catholic Church than its pro life stance . Because Jesus was pro life .

The Governor of New York can claim to be many things , and for convenience sake some will even profess to believe him.

But he is not Catholic.
riflebear
J.R. said:

riflebear said:

J.R. said:

He didn't really become a Billionaire, he inherited $440M for daddy and has left a wake of failures behind him. Mr. Rifle, I deal in facts and data, not twitter crap. I would like you to refute anything I said in my post. Let's face it, he not leader, he's a con man.

The video literally does that yet you completely ignore it. Trying to educate you and have a normal conversation. Just not possible for people w/ TDS which is unfortunate.
J.R.
CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

First question, did Trump cause this mess? Second question, if he didn't, who did? Third question, are you saying, Trump is doing nothing to solve the problem or just dismayed because he has taken action you don't approve of? Your overview has some merit. However, he is doing something. Those before him put him in this situation. Isn't easy turning an aircraft carrier in a pond. As for me, not one business will solve the medical shortage problem However, companies like GM, My Pillow and the many others banding together will produce results. Join the team and help pull the wagon. Monday morning quarterbacking won't change the score.
no he didn't cause it...secondly, I don't know. Third, again it is all about him. He does not tell the truth daily. His experts disagree with him daily, even in the briefing. They deal in facts and data, Trump is incapable of that. Those before him is just horse***** There is no Monday morning qb. I watch it every day and he is not qualified to run this big problem. Neither is Pence. He's a wet noodle. This a a national problem, trump is still ****ting on Mayor's who don't agree with him. What a *****. He is a petulant child and that is not what is needed is this really , really serious crisis. Oh, and hello Easter!!! I'm not sure he even knows the Easter Story.
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

So ?

Anyone can claim to be anything ....hell I claim to be Jewish every once in a while just to amuse my sister .

But there are few things more cut and dried with the Catholic Church than its pro life stance . Because Jesus was pro life .

The Governor of New York can claim to be many things , and for convenience sake some will even profess to believe him.

But he is not Catholic.
Who give a ***** given the current situation. I don't . I don't care if he is a Wicken. Just lead and go by data and facts, not Trump opinions.
Kyle
J.R. said:

This. Cuomo's great leadership and ability to get ahead of this crisis is a key reason why New York has been impacted so little compared to other states. His remarkable leadership kept New Yorkers safe from Kung Flu.
J.R.
riflebear said:

J.R. said:

riflebear said:

J.R. said:

The video literally does that yet you completely ignore it. Trying to educate you and have a normal conversation. Just not possible for people w/ TDS which is unfortunate.
Firstly, the vid is on Fox which is questionable. The good dr. is playing both sides against the middle. Have you seen the daily briefings when the Trumps go off script and the docs just cringe ? It's terrible. His daily briefing has turned into the new Trumps rally which is really , really unbelievable .
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

So ?

But he is not Catholic.
Who give a ***** given the current situation. I don't . I don't care if he is a Wicken. Just lead and go by data and facts, not Trump opinions.

Don't need a pandemic not to 'care'.

Rules don't apply to you .
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

So ?

But he is not Catholic.

Incorrect, rules should apply to everyone. I've haven't been out of my apt. in 2 weeks except for food. This is not the time to spew nonsense about Cuomo no being a good Catholic. Who really gives a ***** I need a crisis manager , not Priest. This thing is effecting Cathloics, Muslims, Jews, Hindu's, ect. Not sure Jesus is really worried about abortion at this juncture.
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

So ?

But he is not Catholic.

Incorrect, rules should apply to everyone. I've haven't been out of my apt. in 2 weeks except for food. This is not the time to spew nonsense about Cuomo no being a good Catholic. Who really gives a ***** I need a crisis manager , not Priest. This thing is effecting Cathloics, Muslims, Jews, Hindu's, ect. Not sure Jesus is really worried about abortion at this juncture.

There is no such time as a part time believer in the teachings of Jesus Christ .

We don't get to anoint ourselves with a comfortable timeline of when right vs wrong 'really' applies .

The NY Governor might be doing a good job , a lousy job,deflecting blame , or all of the above . Perception becomes reality in our 24 hour news/ social media world . But the fact is most of us...myself included ...really know very little about the guy.

But as a vocal supporter of abortion ....he is not Catholic.
CHP Bear
J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

no he didn't cause it...secondly, I don't know. Third, again it is all about him. He does not tell the truth daily. His experts disagree with him daily, even in the briefing. They deal in facts and data, Trump is incapable of that. Those before him is just horse***** There is no Monday morning qb. I watch it every day and he is not qualified to run this big problem. Neither is Pence. He's a wet noodle. This a a national problem, trump is still ****ting on Mayor's who don't agree with him. What a *****. He is a petulant child and that is not what is needed is this really , really serious crisis. Oh, and hello Easter!!! I'm not sure he even knows the Easter Story.
Some view your "disagree" as a difference of opinion. So am I to understand, I should take whatever an expert says as gospel. Given your TV viewing knowledge, do you remember the New York experts coming off the bench at the beginning of this fiasco telling New Yorkers to basically ignore the COVID. And those were prominent Doctors telling everyone no harm no foul. "Horsesh*p"? I interpret this as you do blame him for previous do nothing administrations. As for the rest, all opinion. Final question, do you want Trump to succeed or fail at solving the COVID problem. Give yourself time to think. Your answer will affect many lives.
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

J.R. said:

Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

So ?

But he is not Catholic.

There is no such time as a part time believer in the teachings of Jesus Christ .

We don't get to anoint ourselves with a comfortable timeline of when right vs wrong 'really' applies .

The NY Governor might be doing a good job , a lousy job,deflecting blame , or all of the above . Perception becomes reality in our 24 hour news/ social media world . But the fact is most of us...myself included ...really know very little about the guy.

But as a vocal supporter of abortion ....he is not Catholic.
good to know you are a vocal supporter of abortion.
J.R.
CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

Some view your "disagree" as a difference of opinion. So am I to understand, I should take whatever an expert says is gospel. Given your TV viewing knowledge, do you remember the New York experts coming off the bench at the beginning of this fiasco telling New Yorkers to basically ignore the COVID. And those were prominent Doctors telling everyone no harm no foul. "Horsesh*p"? I interpret this as you do blame him for previous do nothing administrations. As for the rest, all opinion. Final question, do you want Trump to succeed or fail at solving the COVID problem. Give yourself time to think. Your answer will affect many lives.
Firstly, of course, I want the Orange Man to succeed because I'm going broke. He just isn't qualified as evidenced by his daily lying and just making **** up. Secondly, I'm going to trust the best doctors and scientist we have in this country way before the Queens con-man. Can you seriously, tell me that is ok? Really. He's freewheeling and that is dangerous.
BaylorFTW
J.R. said:

riflebear said:

J.R. said:

You mean truth like:
  • His brand has been more successful than other counterparts like Richard Branson's Virgin brand. Branson has had far more duds and I am aware of people considering him a failure.
  • Most people would be delighted to have the track record of wins and losses that Trump has experienced.
  • You try to claim he didn't really become a billionaire but by your own claimed facts, he received $440 million and now has a net worth of $3.1 billion. That sounds like significant progress to me. I know plenty of stories of folks who turned millions into mere thousands. But how many people have turned millions into billions?
  • This article says Fred Trump died in 1999 with an estimated net wealth between $250 million and $300 million according to a New York Times article at the time of death.8 While the specific amount Trump inherited from his father has not been revealed, a Jan. 2016 article from the New York Times shows that Trump's will divided $20 million after taxes among his living children including Donald. Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/politics/for-donald-trump-lessons-from-a-brothers-suffering.html
  • Don't forget that Trump ran his father's businesses during his father's twilight years. How much additional money did Donald make for his father and his estate?

CHP Bear
J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

Some view your "disagree" as a difference of opinion. So am I to understand, I should take whatever an expert says is gospel. Given your TV viewing knowledge, do you remember the New York experts coming off the bench at the beginning of this fiasco telling New Yorkers to basically ignore the COVID. And those were prominent Doctors telling everyone no harm no foul. "Horsesh*p"? I interpret this as you do blame him for previous do nothing administrations. As for the rest, all opinion. Final question, do you want Trump to succeed or fail at solving the COVID problem. Give yourself time to think. Your answer will affect many lives.
Firstly, of course, I want the Orange Man to succeed because I'm going broke. He just isn't qualified as evidenced by his daily lying and just making **** up. Secondly, I'm going to trust the best doctors and scientist we have in this country way before the Queens con-man. Can you seriously, tell me that is ok? Really. He's freewheeling and that is dangerous.
I definitely think he has a different leadership style. One I wouldn't emulate. If he stood on his head and spit nickels wouldn't bother me as long as we get results. So far, I have been impressed with those standing behind him on the podium. Like many, I took statistics, sure wish Brix had been at the blackboard.
Booray
Canada2017 said:

Booray said:

Canada2017 said:

So ?

But he is not Catholic.
Jesus was firmly anti-greed. Can people who openly seek to acquire material goods just to have them be Catholic?
J.R.
BaylorFTW said:

J.R. said:

riflebear said:

J.R. said:

You mean truth like:
  • His brand has been more successful than other counterparts like Richard Branson's Virgin brand. Branson has had far more duds and I am aware of people considering him a failure.
  • Most people would be delighted to have the track record of wins and losses that Trump has experienced.
  • You try to claim he didn't really become a billionaire but by your own claimed facts, he received $440 million and now has a net worth of $3.1 billion. That sounds like significant progress to me. I know plenty of stories of folks who turned millions into mere thousands. But how many people have turned millions into billions?
  • This article says Fred Trump died in 1999 with an estimated net wealth between $250 million and $300 million according to a New York Times article at the time of death.8 While the specific amount Trump inherited from his father has not been revealed, a Jan. 2016 article from the New York Times shows that Trump's will divided $20 million after taxes among his living children including Donald. Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/politics/for-donald-trump-lessons-from-a-brothers-suffering.html
  • Don't forget that Trump ran his father's businesses during his father's twilight years. How much additional money did Donald make for his father and his estate?

1. I don't want a president with a brand and one who keeps perpetuating it. To compare the Orange Con-Man to Richard Branson is jus laughable
2)His track record is filled with carnage and not paying his bills a screwing people, so I disagree
3)We have NO IDEA what he is worth. He lies about everything , including his wealth . If I enherited $440M, a Billion is fairly easy to do. He ain't close to $3B
4)Hell, I could run my father's business, If I inherited $440M and ran the business with Fred's capital, a couple billion ain't that hard
J.R.
CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

I definitely think he has a different leadership style. One I wouldn't emulate. If he stood on his head and spit nickels wouldn't bother me as long as we get results. So far, I have been impressed with those standing behind him on the podium. Like many, I took statistics, sure wish Brix had been at the blackboard.
I too am impressed with most of his experts behind him, unfortunately , he contradicts them and science every day.
BaylorFTW
J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

What do doctors and scientists know about business and the economy? This isn't just an issue about public health. There is a very real risk of a great depression occurring if only doctor's and scientists are considered.

Dangerous is Democrats who criticized Trump for being a racist months ago when he was trying to restrict people from Asian countries entering the US because of the Coronavirus only to have those same people criticize him now for not doing enough. A Democrat President would have fared far worse because they would have been much slower to act.
Booray
BaylorFTW said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

What do doctors and scientists know about business and the economy? This isn't just an issue about public health. There is a very real risk of a great depression occurring if only doctor's and scientists are considered.

Dangerous is Democrats who criticized Trump for being a racist months ago when he was trying to restrict people from Asian countries entering the US because of the Coronavirus only to have those same people criticize him now for not doing enough. A Democrat President would have fared far worse because they would have been much slower to act.
They know that dead people can't work. That would seem to be an important point.
J.R.
This is a public health issue, first and foremost. I will take some financial pain to keep people from dying. Certainly, business is a concern too, as I'm a business man. Trump is just an idiot. He's not smart and not a leader and that is a big, big problem during this time.
J.R.
Booray said:

BaylorFTW said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

CHP Bear said:

J.R. said:

They know that dead people can't work. That would seem to be an important point.
a better question is what does Trumps know about medicine and science....Nada
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.