Where's Obama?

4,029 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jack and DP
BearForce
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?
He's spoken. No one is listening!
It would be better if he spoke from the Oval Office in prime time and address the nation like half of his advisors have been urging him to do for days.
It won't matter. It never does.
Not sure I agree and moreover as the leader of our country it is his responsibility to address the nation, not via a press conference or as part of some other event like the SpaceX event as an aside, but as a direct message to the American people.
Mitch Blood Green
Bottom line is Obama isn't the president and WE can't dilute the presidency to a president that only serves and addresses the concerns of his voters.

It's Trumps job.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?
It would be better if he spoke from the Oval Office in prime time and address the nation like half of his advisors have been urging him to do for days.
Not sure I agree and moreover as the leader of our country it is his responsibility to address the nation, not via a press conference or as part of some other event like the SpaceX event as an aside, but as a direct message to the American people.
He has spoken to the American people on TV. I guess I don't understand why it matters if it is through a press conference. But, you and I can just agree to disagree because I have this feeling, we would disagree on a lot of things. I won't discuss politics with you because I hold you in high regard. Don't want it to hurt our friendship on the board. I care for you too much to do that. I want to be able to ask your opinion without anger.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?
He has spoken to the American people on TV. I guess I don't understand why it matters if it is through a press conference. But, you and I can just agree to disagree because I have this feeling, we would disagree on a lot of things. I won't discuss politics with you because I hold you in high regard. Don't want it to hurt our friendship on the board. I care for you too much to do that. I want to be able to ask your opinion without anger.

Using that logic then why have a State of the Union address...prime time address > press conference in middle of the day.

I am not trying to make this a partisan issue and for the record I was a ABC voter:

ANYBODY
BESIDES
CLINTON

That said I think a prime time address that would be on all the news networks plus the regular ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX will be much more far reaching than a press conference in the middle of the day. And as a theme I would like to hear him talk about a couple of key points:

1. We as a nation stand with the lawful protestors guaranteed right to speech under the first amendment
2. To ensure the defense of their first amendment rights we must root out and prosecute the lawless rioters who cowardly use the lawful protestors as human shield to wage anarchy on our nation. To that end your federal government is working in partnership with state and local authorities to provide them all the tools required to restore law and order and the voice of the lawful, including the full resources of Justice Department, Homeland Security, and the Department of Defense.
3. Additionally, like all of you, I was also taken aback by the actions of the the Minneapolis police in regards to Mr. George Floyd and to that end I have tasked your Justice Department to co-investigate with the State of Minnesota to ensure any and all actors are held accountable to the maximum extent of the law
4. As an institution our state and local law enforcement are of the highest caliber with the vast majority speaking out against the actions of the officers in Minneapolis. While the actions of officers like those in the George Floyd case are generally isolated incidents, we must insist on holding our law officers to the highest standards. To that end I and the Justice Department will work with Congress to re-evaluate the concept of sovereign immunity, making sure that we protect our officers who operate inside the lines of the law while not tolerating those who cross the line.
5. To further accountability, I will task the Justice Department to work with state and local authorities to develop ways to increase law enforcement accountability to communities they serve, with a goal toward growing civilian control and oversight of law enforcement similar to the accountability our military has to its civilian leadership.

He should then close with some sort of unity message.
J.R.
It's called "leadership" . Unfortunately, Trump lacks the humility to be a leader, particularly in a crisis. When you are as narcissistic as he, it is impossible for him to lead this nation in crisis. He is only interested in himself and his need to appear as a "tough guy"....ie, bully. That nonsense in front of the church with the Bible yesterday was just a new low for him and that's saying something. Not sure he's ever cracked open a Bible. He's getting really close full on authoritarian dictatorship like actions which is really concerning. Anyone thing W would behave in this manner? Wow, what a difference in human beings.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?

Using that logic then why have a State of the Union address...prime time address > press conference in middle of the day
do you want an eloquent speech or action? I can see you are not going to let this go. Lolol which is just like you! He was not appreciated for his state of the union address either.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?

Using that logic then why have a State of the Union address...prime time address > press conference in middle of the day
do you want an eloquent speech or action? I can see you are not going to let this go. Lolol which is just like you! He was not appreciated for his state of the union address either.
I edited my original reply....
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?

Using that logic then why have a State of the Union address...prime time address > press conference in middle of the day.

I am not trying to make this a partisan issue and for the record I was a ABC voter:

ANYBODY
BESIDES
CLINTON

That said I think a prime time address that would be on all the news networks plus the regular ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX will be much more far reaching than a press conference in the middle of the day. And as a theme I would like to hear him talk about a couple of key points:

1. We as a nation stand with the lawful protestors guaranteed right to speech under the first amendment
2. To ensure the defense of their first amendment rights we must root out and prosecute the lawless rioters who cowardly use the lawful protestors as human shield to wage anarchy on our nation. To that end your federal government is working in partnership with state and local authorities to provide them all the tools required to restore law and order and the voice of the lawful, including the full resources of Justice Department, Homeland Security, and the Department of Defense.
3. Additionally, like all of you, I was also taken aback by the actions of the the Minneapolis police in regards to Mr. George Floyd and to that end I have tasked your Justice Department to co-investigate with the State of Minnesota to ensure any and all actors are held accountable to the maximum extent of the law
4. As an institution our state and local law enforcement are of the highest caliber with the vast majority speaking out against the actions of the officers in Minneapolis. While the actions of officers like those in the George Floyd case are generally isolated incidents, we must insist on holding our law officers to the highest standards. To that end I and the Justice Department will work with Congress to re-evaluate the concept of sovereign immunity, making sure that we protect our officers who operate inside the lines of the law while not tolerating those who cross the line.
5. To further accountability, I will task the Justice Department to work with state and local authorities to develop ways to increase law enforcement accountability to communities they serve, with a goal toward growing civilian control and oversight of law enforcement similar to the accountability our military has to its civilian leadership.

I feel that President Trump is doing all these things without the speech. He has never been a speaker! Never will be but he does love this country. If the governors can't get control of this looting, burning , stealing asses, the president feels he will have to send in the guard to help. We can't allow this violence to go on. It is destroying people's businesses. That includes black peoples businesses. Believe it or not, there are plenty of black people who support Trump.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?

ANYBODY
BESIDES
CLINTON

I feel that President Trump is doing all these things without the speech. He has never been a speaker! Never will be but he does love this country. If the governors can't get control of this looting, burning , stealing asses, the president feels he will have to send in the guard to help. We can't allow this violence to go on. It is destroying people's businesses. That includes black peoples businesses. Believe it or not, there are plenty of black people who support Trump.
So again I am not trying to make this partisan but if you must know I'm black and voted for Trump. Getting that out of the way, leading from the front is part of the job and that means talking to the nation, especially during a crisis period just like this. If he just stops with he/me and talks about we and doesn't go off script he will be fine.
Wichitabear
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?

ANYBODY
BESIDES
CLINTON

So again I am not trying to make this partisan but if you must know I'm black and voted for Trump. Getting that out of the way, leading from the front is part of the job and that means talking to the nation, especially during a crisis period just like this. If he just stops with he/me and talks about we and doesn't go off script he will be fine.
well there you go! I'm glad we got that out of the way. I'm white and love you for who you are not your skin color. You are a good man and I always appreciate what you bring to the board.
BearForce
Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?

ANYBODY
BESIDES
CLINTON

well there you go! I'm glad we got that out of the way. I'm white and love you for who you are not your skin color. You are a good man and I always appreciate what you bring to the board.
George Truett
ScruffyD said:

obama spoke yesterday and put out a lengthy piece on Medium.

let me know when he had to cower in a bunker, turn the lights off at the white house, or parade around town with dogs, secret service, uniformed military, his defense secretary, AG, and others so he could simply stand in front of a church and hold up a bible, only to have the leaders of that church denounce him like a fool.
Poor Trump!

Also Obama didn't have to pay two ex wives and porn stars!

I don't know why he didn't have Ivana, Marla, Stormy, and Karen join in the pic!
George Truett
BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

BearForce said:

Wichitabear said:

corncob pipe said:

Where's Trump?

ANYBODY
BESIDES
CLINTON

Good luck with that.
Wichitabear
George Truett said:

ScruffyD said:

obama spoke yesterday and put out a lengthy piece on Medium.

let me know when he had to cower in a bunker, turn the lights off at the white house, or parade around town with dogs, secret service, uniformed military, his defense secretary, AG, and others so he could simply stand in front of a church and hold up a bible, only to have the leaders of that church denounce him like a fool.
Poor Trump!

Also Obama didn't have to pay two ex wives and porn stars!

I don't know why he didn't have Ivana, Marla, Stormy, and Karen join in the pic!
Don't worry about it George, God knows he isn't perfect. Just like Obama, Kennedy, Clinton. King David, and you
Jack and DP
To answer the original question, he might be here. I would if I was him.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/22/barack-michelle-obama-buying-mega-mansion-marthas-vinyard/
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.