Drew Brees and the Flag

8,354 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cinque
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Drew Brees is on his 3rd apology in 2 days.

Shame on Drew Brees. He certainly has a future in politics based on his pandering abilities.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Buddha Bear
muddybrazos said:

My question is what is the end goal of all of these protests? We all know that there will never be 0 deaths of unarmed people by cops. There are already very few deaths each year and there will always be some dick head cops. The media will never stop furthering the narrative that black folks are being hunted down by cops even though the stats do not show that. It's a catch 22 where you have to choose less policing and more crime or more policing and more bad run ins with cops.

Less policing doesnt mean more crimes. In the American scenario, more policing = more crimes right now. There are a lot of countries that are policing less, with less crime. The police's role needs a more defined scope. It needs better training to de-escalate situations. They need to return to a time where they didnt have miltary equipment. All we have to do is look at countries that do it better and adopt those practices. There are plenty of examples to choose from. America seems to love to re-invent the wheel when the obvious answers are sitting right in front of them.
Jack and DP
Jack Bauer said:

You thought it was crazy a few years ago, the NFL is going to be a straight up political circus this season.

The owners will probably just cancel the National Anthem and remove all flags this season.

The pre-game is going to dominate the overall viewing experience for fans. Bring on the Baylor Bears 2020!!

Might be the same at college games.
Jack Bauer
Also...

The U.S. Soccer Federation's (USSF) board of directors is considering the possible repeal of its policy requiring national team players to stand during the national anthem, according to multiple sources.

So we will get to see super woke, super privileged white woman Megan Rapinoe kneel during the national anthem at next year's Olympics. I'll pass.
muddybrazos
Buddha Bear said:

muddybrazos said:

My question is what is the end goal of all of these protests? We all know that there will never be 0 deaths of unarmed people by cops. There are already very few deaths each year and there will always be some dick head cops. The media will never stop furthering the narrative that black folks are being hunted down by cops even though the stats do not show that. It's a catch 22 where you have to choose less policing and more crime or more policing and more bad run ins with cops.

Less policing doesnt mean more crimes. In the American scenario, more policing = more crimes right now. There are a lot of countries that are policing less, with less crime. The police's role needs a more defined scope. It needs better training to de-escalate situations. They need to return to a time where they didnt have miltary equipment. All we have to do is look at countries that do it better and adopt those practices. There are plenty of examples to choose from. America seems to love to re-invent the wheel when the obvious answers are sitting right in front of them.
I've been onboard with demilitarizing the police for a long time. Also, ending the drug war will help lower crime but as of now we have cartels and gangs on our streets that a lot of other countries do not have. I'll take a wait and see approach on this abolish police plan to see how it shakes out. As for now, I am damn glad i live in a nice, quiet, safe neighborhood with good police and low crime.
Jack Bauer
Uh, oh. Terry Crews is not staying on the liberal plantation. He better get in line if he wants anymore acting gigs.

br53
Jack Bauer said:

Uh, oh. Terry Crews is not staying on the liberal plantation. He better get in line if he wants anymore acting gigs.

Yep he got hammerred by the Leftie Lou's over this one.
Buddha Bear
Jack Bauer said:

Terry Crews is awesome. I don't see this as a controversial post. He's right.
Jack Bauer
If I had a nickel for every white person that has apologized this week for being white, I would be a millionaire!

'Friends' co-creator apologizes for lack of diversity in shows: 'I didn't do enough'

br53
Jack Bauer said:

If I had a nickel for every white person that has apologized this week for being white, I would be a millionaire!

'Friends' co-creator apologizes for lack of diversity in shows: 'I didn't do enough'

Well he didnt do anything. I think they had an Asian or two and thats about it. Even the extras were white. That show had less color in it than Blazin Saddles.
Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

It isn't enough! These types should be driven from society
br53
They are going back in all the old cartoons and taking the guns away from Sam and Elmer. Maybe they can go back and add some diversity to Friends and reshow it to make the white creators and actors richer.
Osodecentx
mau-mau

mau-maued; mau-mauing
Definition of mau-mau
verb
: to intimidate (someone, such as an official) by hostile confrontation or threats

: to engage in mau-mauing someone

Synonyms for mau-mau
Synonyms
whitetrash
Osodecentx said:

Jack Bauer said:

It isn't enough! These types should be driven from society

Andy Griffith Show is safe because Flip Conroy made an appearance in one episode in 1967.

Jack Bauer
Speaks out against racism, continues to be nearly all white industry (add in John Oliver).

Either put or shut up.

Jack Bauer
Tweets from 8 years ago!!!!

Sawyer, 35, shared the offensive tweets mostly between 2012 and 2014, but they were recirculated in the past couple of weeks.

Actor Hartley Sawyer won't be on the CW's The Flash when it returns in 2021.

He's been fired for posting racist, homophobic and misogynistic tweets that he shared before he joined the show in 2017 as Ralph Dibny, also known as Elongated Man.

Jack Bauer
Bon Appetit editor resigns over offensive Halloween photo

Staffers at the foodie magazine had criticized him after the photo, of him and his wife, circulated on Twitter. That tweet featured a screenshot of a 2013 Instagram photo by Rapoport's wife that depicted the two dressed in costume. In the screenshot, his wife tagged the photo "boricua," a reference to Puerto Ricans, and called Rapoport "papi," or daddy. He was wearing a large, heavy chain, a do-rag and a baseball cap. His wife's account is private.
Whiskey Pete
Jack Bauer said:

I'm thinking maybe he should give all his money back that he earned from the show.
Jack Bauer
MTV Cuts Ties with The Challenge's Dee Nguyen After 'Offensive' Black Lives Matter Comments
cinque
FWIW, I don't believe forced apologies should ever be required or made. Feigning contrition for something for which you are not sorry is offensive. I'd much prefer a process that borrows from the South African Reconciliation Commissions. The grievant explains the offense and while the offender is obligated to listen, he is not expected or under any obligation to apologize, unless there is real contrition. Without it, the apology means nothing.

Make Racism Wrong Again

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.