An Attack On The Church

1,738 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cinque
BaylorFTW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017
When various people here predicted another civil war.....considered such comments to be silly hyperbole.

When son # 2 bought additional AR's and thousands of rounds of ammunition .....thought he was being ridiculous.

When BLM terrorized the University of Missouri a few years ago thought it was an isolated incident due to weak administrators .

I was wrong on all counts .

Hell is coming to breakfast and we better wake up.

Waco1947
Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they will be called children of God.
Waco1947 ,la
Waco1947
"You have heard that it was said to those of ancient times, 'You shall not murder'; and 'whoever murders shall be liable to judgment.' 22 But I say to you that if you are angry with a brother or sister,[e] you will be liable to judgment; and if you insult[f] a brother or sister,[g] you will be liable to the council; and if you say, 'You fool,' you will be liable to the hell[h] of fire. 23 So when you are offering your gift at the altar, if you remember that your brother or sister[i] has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar and go; first be reconciled to your brother or sister,[j] and then come and offer your gift. 25 Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are on the way to court[k] with him, or your accuser may hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you will be thrown into prison. 26 Truly I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny.
Waco1947 ,la
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

OK, so does that mean you are abandoning your hateful attacks, Waco?

Will you follow Christ now instead of Marx?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
curtpenn
Canada2017 said:

When various people here predicted another civil war.....considered such comments to be silly hyperbole.

When son # 2 bought additional AR's and thousands of rounds of ammunition .....thought he was being ridiculous.

When BLM terrorized the University of Missouri a few years ago thought it was an isolated incident due to weak administrators .

I was wrong on all counts .

Hell is coming to breakfast and we better wake up.

Your son should be certain he has enough magazines, too. A few spare bolts and lower parts kits are always a good idea, as well. I was inspired when Obama was elected to build my first AR. Lot's of fun. I've watched ammo prices and availability fluctuate wildly. Good idea to stockpile when tensions are low. I wouldn't be loading up on anything just now. Might revisit that advice if Biden gets elected though.
corncob pipe
Maybe he's had an epiphany since he realized that the Democratic Marxist base is hell bent to TAX churches
Waco1947
"It is pretty difficult to like some people.
Like is sentimental and:
it is pretty difficult to like someone bombing your home;
it is pretty difficult to like somebody threatening your children;
it is difficult to like congressman who spend all the time trying to defeat civil rights.
But Jesus says love them, and love is greater than like."
Martin Luther King. Jr.
It seems neither Jesus nor MLK support ARs
Waco1947 ,la
cinque
Waco1947 said:

Problem is some of the people who consider themselves Christian conflate peacemakers and peacekeepers. You don't need guns to make peace.
BaylorFTW
Waco1947 said:

Some questions for you to ponder:

1. Would you let the rioters burn down your church in the name of cultural Marxism?
2. Will you go to other churches to prevent rioters from burning down those churches?
3. If Christians are being attacked while trying to save their church, will you intervene?
4. How do you exegete Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.?
5. And how do you exegete Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.?

Jack Bauer
When normal people see the nutzos who have gone from stepping up to police brutality to the giant leap to removing "white Jesus".
br53

This Peacemaker is blessed.
Forest Bueller_bf
br53 said:

New American Standard Bible

"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed."

Luke 11:21
Canada2017
Waco1947 said:

Only need to escape your nursing home and you can join the vandals .
Waco1947
BaylorFTW said:

Waco1947 said:

1. Would you let the rioters burn down your church in the name of cultural Marxism(Stupid assumption. You have no proof.? No.Of course not, but non violently
2. Will you go to other churches to prevent rioters from burning down those churches? Of course, but non violently
3. If Christians are being attacked while trying to save their church, will you intervene? Of course, but non violently
4. How do you exegete Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.? Followed by --- 10:38 -- and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. The sword is a metaphor for the the sharp decision that will made by followers the give in to racism or follow the cross of sacrifice of one's racism.
The sword is not a metaphor for an AR and standing in front of a church
IN the garden Jesus is rather clear that we put down our sword and go to the cross. It is the way of love.,

5. And how do you exegete Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.?The disciples were hitting the road and needed to be aware of of robbers in the wilderness, but again when push came to shove Jesus is rather clear that we put down our sword and go to the cross. It is the way of love.,

Canada2017
BaylorFTW said:

Waco1947 said:

1. Would you let the rioters burn down your church in the name of cultural Marxism?
2. Will you go to other churches to prevent rioters from burning down those churches?
3. If Christians are being attacked while trying to save their church, will you intervene?
4. How do you exegete Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.?
5. And how do you exegete Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.?

You will never get a straight answer .

Have watched dozens attempt to do so and get only mere gibberish in return .
Waco1947
Canada2017 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Waco1947 said:

This is not gibberish if you bother to read it.
BaylorFTW said:

1. Would you let the rioters burn down your church in the name of cultural Marxism(Stupid assumption. You have no proof.? No.Of course not, but non violently
2. Will you go to other churches to prevent rioters from burning down those churches? Of course, but non violently
3. If Christians are being attacked while trying to save their church, will you intervene? Of course, but non violently
4. How do you exegete Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.? Followed by --- 10:38 -- and whoever does not take up the cross and follow me is not worthy of me. The sword is a metaphor for the the sharp decision that will made by followers the give in to racism or follow the cross of sacrifice of one's racism.
IN the garden Jesus is rather clear that we put down our sword and go to the cross. It is the way of love.,

5. And how do you exegete Luke 22:36 He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.?The disciples were hitting the road and needed to be aware of of robbers in the wilderness, but again when push came to shove Jesus is rather clear that we put down our sword and go to the cross. It is the way of love.,
Osodecentx
47 would handle Hitler in a non-violent manner

Google Bonhoeffer
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Google Bonhoeffer

No

47 would have worked as a 'minister ' at the death camps .
BaylorOkie
Canada2017 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Waco1947 said:

I have him and Cinque on ignore. It makes it much easier to navigate this place. Then I see people try to reason with them and I just laugh.
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Google Bonhoeffer
Oh hell no. If called I would serve. I am a patriot and American. We are talking churches in a democratic republic not a fascist government
Waco1947
BaylorFTW said:

Waco1947 said:

I pondered and I get radio silence. Let know when you can respond
Canada2017
BaylorOkie said:

Canada2017 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Waco1947 said:

I have him and Cinque on ignore. It makes it much easier to navigate this place. Then I see people try to reason with them and I just laugh.

Good advice .

Done
BaylorFTW
Waco1947 said:

Canada2017 said:

BaylorFTW said:

Waco1947 said:

This is not gibberish if you bother to read it.
BaylorFTW said:

Quote:

I pondered and I get radio silence. Let know when you can respond

Sorry, I have been multitasking today.
I am curious why did you say it was a stupid assumption? We have two BLM leaders openly saying they are Marxists and one saying they will force change. We have another supporter encouraging people to vandalize and/or destroy churches. Do you think the BLM is a pro-Christian organization?

In #4, you mention racism but that seems more like your own eisegesis rather than exegesis.
In #5, your post is a little unclear. It seems like you are saying it is ok to use the sword to defend yourself and your property but not to proactively attack people. If so, I am assuming you would be ok with Luke 11:21,
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed."
And if that is so, why would you be upset if Christians protected their church with guns?
cinque
Forest Bueller_bf said:

br53 said:

New American Standard Bible

Luke 11:21
What kind of arms was Luke referring to? And fwiw, that's a peacekeeper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.