What happens if Trump wins?

10,995 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexasScientist
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

How 'bout you get Trump to stand up to Putin for once in his miserable life.
Unfortunately Cinque has fallen for this trap being brainwashed by CNN & MSNBC

Glad you brought up Goebbels. The White House and Trump model their hourly lies with Fox pushing their propaganda in Goebbels style everyday. It's the same basic concept. A malignant narcissist autocrat in power, pushing division and lies to a populace looking for economic prosperity and a people to villify. It worked in 1933 and its working today.
Please give recent examples and then lets compare to the liberal media the last 3 years.
Any false information from the news media pales in comparison to the outright falsehoods Trump has said on a daily basis for the last three years. No other president has blatantly lied or put out false information to the extent Trump has.
Doesn't even come close to the lies and BS put out by the democrats
Trump is the president of the US. He should be held to a higher standard than the news media or political parties. Democrats say what is politically convenient as do Republicans. All elected officials should be held accountable for what they say, and overall the media does a pretty good job. Trump's dishonesty rises to a level exclusive to him.
All politicians should be held to the same level of standards. To suggest congress/political parties can be less honest than a president, is a completely ridiculous statement void of any logic or common sense.

And no, the media doesn't even come close to doing a pretty good job. You're blind as a bat, if you think so.
I didn't say congress/political parties can be less honest. I just commented that political parties are dishonest in their tactics. Officeholders should be held accountable and to a high standard. The president above all should be held to the highest standard. What others do is no excuse for what Trump does. He should be held accountable for what he does and what he says. We shouldn't lower the bar just because he can't control himself.
They all should be held to the same standard. Your statement is still ridiculous.
They all should be held to a high standard, but the nature of the presidency should require the highest standard. Your argument as justification and excuse for Trump's deceitfulness is what is ridiculous.
Thee University
cinque said:

riflebear said:

The country is a powder keg right now and I have a feeling if Trump wins the riots we will see will make the BLM riots look like elementary recess. The liberals have been fed lies by the media for 4 years so they think there is 0% chance Trump can win.

This is another big difference w/ the radical sides of the GOP & Democrats. GOP gets upset but they get back to work and vote in candidates who they think can make a change. They might get angry like the Tea Party movement but there is almost never any violence.

Dems go crazy and destroy things and create panic and fear and threaten people to vote a certain way.

I think that is what is happening now and why you see so many corporations & politicians cowardly giving in to the Marxist BLM movement because they are afraid of negative press and being bullied or called a racist. For all his faults, Trump is the one person who is standing up to this mess even though the press is calling him a racist for it. He just doesn't want to see this country fall into the hands of Marxist leaders.

Putin is a *****. The media has built him up. He's harmless.

How 'bout Obama load up a jet full of cash bound for Iran and instead spend it on black lives that matter?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

"He should be held to a higher standard than the news media or political parties"

Democrats never believed that when Clinton or Obama was President.
That's true, but Republicans believed it. Clinton and Obama should have been held accountable. Clinton was impeached. However, no other modern president has approached the frequency and habitual nature of lying Trump has exhibited.
Wrong.

LBJ, for example, was far worse. Many historians say the character of men like Andrew Johnson or Woodrow Wilson was far worse than anything Trump has said or done.

You have allowed your hate to blind you. That leads to error in many things.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Whiskey Pete
TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

Glad you brought up Goebbels. The White House and Trump model their hourly lies with Fox pushing their propaganda in Goebbels style everyday. It's the same basic concept. A malignant narcissist autocrat in power, pushing division and lies to a populace looking for economic prosperity and a people to villify. It worked in 1933 and its working today.
Please give recent examples and then lets compare to the liberal media the last 3 years.
Any false information from the news media pales in comparison to the outright falsehoods Trump has said on a daily basis for the last three years. No other president has blatantly lied or put out false information to the extent Trump has.
Doesn't even come close to the lies and BS put out by the democrats
Trump is the president of the US. He should be held to a higher standard than the news media or political parties. Democrats say what is politically convenient as do Republicans. All elected officials should be held accountable for what they say, and overall the media does a pretty good job. Trump's dishonesty rises to a level exclusive to him.
All politicians should be held to the same level of standards. To suggest congress/political parties can be less honest than a president, is a completely ridiculous statement void of any logic or common sense.

And no, the media doesn't even come close to doing a pretty good job. You're blind as a bat, if you think so.
I didn't say congress/political parties can be less honest. I just commented that political parties are dishonest in their tactics. Officeholders should be held accountable and to a high standard. The president above all should be held to the highest standard. What others do is no excuse for what Trump does. He should be held accountable for what he does and what he says. We shouldn't lower the bar just because he can't control himself.
They all should be held to the same standard. Your statement is still ridiculous.
They all should be held to a high standard, but the nature of the presidency should require the highest standard. Your argument as justification and excuse for Trump's deceitfulness is what is ridiculous.
All of our elected "leaders" should be held to the highest standard. No need to try and defend an idiotic statement. Just admit you made a mistake and move past it.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

"He should be held to a higher standard than the news media or political parties"

That's true, but Republicans believed it. Clinton and Obama should have been held accountable. Clinton was impeached. However, no other modern president has approached the frequency and habitual nature of lying Trump has exhibited.
Wrong.

LBJ, for example, was far worse. Many historians say the character of men like Andrew Johnson or Woodrow Wilson was far worse than anything Trump has said or done.

You have allowed your hate to blind you. That leads to error in many things.
Cite your historians who compare Trump to Andrew Johnson, Woodrow Wilson to Trump. I'd like to read those.

You clearly miss the point. What others have done in the past shouldn't excuse Trump. I would hate to think we hold historical behavior as a benchmark for what is morally acceptable today and an excuse for Trump. I'd like to think we've advanced beyond the acceptable behaviors of the past. For example, you shouldn't use racial injustice and racism of the past to excuse Trump's racism today.
Oldbear83
Anyone still calling Trump a "racist" is relying on tired old lies.
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

I think the media has been damaged as much as any American institution. They are important to a healthy, functioning society, and they are failing. Their falsehoods make them an easy target.

This is from the WSJ this morning & I think it is well worth reading:

Every American, regardless of how he or she feels about Donald Trump, should read his July 3 speech at Mount Rushmore and then the Washington Post account of the speech by Robert Costa and Philip Rucker. The Post account begins: "President Trump's unyielding push to preserve Confederate symbols and the legacy of white domination, crystallized by his harsh denunciation of the racial justice movement Friday night at Mount Rushmore . . ."
Except that Mr. Trump made no reference to the Confederacy or any of its symbols. His only reference to the Civil War was to Abraham Lincoln and the abolition of slavery as a fulfillment of the American Revolution.
Sen. Tammy Duckworth, as many commentators on the right noted, also lied when she said Mr. Trump "spent all his time talking about dead traitors." He mentioned not a single leader or champion of the Confederacy.
In its own account, though hardly friendly to Mr. Trump, the New York Times went out of its way to counter these rampant distortions, reporting that Mr. Trump "avoided references . . . to the symbols of the Confederacy that have been a target of many protests."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-press-on-mount-rushmore-11594162964?mod=opinion_featst_pos1
curtpenn
TexasScientist said:

curtpenn said:

TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

HuMcK said:

riflebear said:

TexasScientist said:

riflebear said:

cinque said:

Trump's reflexive instinct to call any story that can hurt him a "hoax" is a good modern example of repeating something until supporters believe it.
No one believes this is a Hoax nor does Trump. Maybe at the beginning because all the Democrats and Health officials across the country were saying it wasn't a big deal and people should get outside and go to restaurants and enjoy themselves. Even the WHO said it wasn't even dangerous in January and wouldn't transfer between human to human. You all say he doesn't listen to 'science' - well he did there.

As usual - Democrats blaming the GOP for the very thing they are doing - serial lying.

Trump exaggerates everything but the media are flat out lying and you know it. There are 1000s of examples posted just on this board over the past few years yet for some reason I've never seen any of you call out those lies? Why is that? We call out stupid things Trump does.

Again - we'll wait for his outrageous claim that Fox pushes 'hourly' lies when that is EXACTLY what CNN & MSNBC and others have been doing the last 3 years and you know it.
Trump is the one who had access to the information in the beginning. The legislative branch is dependent upon him for briefings. He knew before anyone else outside of the WH could know and he dropped the ball. The news media may skew or slant the news, but it is mostly objective in its reporting in order to maintain credibility. On the other hand, the WH has been a concentrated source of Trump generated falsehoods that are so blatant they have no relationship to reality, objectivity, or facts.
"...but it is mostly objective in its reporting in order to maintain credibility". Seriously, you don't really believe that, do you? All news media panders to its base and long ago abandoned even a scintilla of credibility.
Sometimes news gets slanted from the left and the right, and there is room for concern about media bias. Fox just had to apologize for recently publishing a picture of Epstein and Maxwell and Melania where they cropped Trump out of the picture. Overall, most of the reporting from mainstream traditional media ends up objective in scope. The problem is that many people confuse fringe publishers commentary and editorial as mainline news.

Here is a site that breaks it down pretty good.
https://library.fvtc.edu/News/BiasCheck

Tried watching a little national news on ABC and NBC a few times in recent weeks and just had to turn it off. It is incredibly biased. Pretty sure they qualify as "mainline news".
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

Remember TS isn't Democrat though, he's republican he says
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

His own words betray him.
TexasScientist
Osodecentx said:

TexasScientist said:

I think the media has been damaged as much as any American institution. They are important to a healthy, functioning society, and they are failing. Their falsehoods make them an easy target.

This is from the WSJ this morning & I think it is well worth reading:

Every American, regardless of how he or she feels about Donald Trump, should read his July 3 speech at Mount Rushmore and then the Washington Post account of the speech by Robert Costa and Philip Rucker. The Post account begins: "President Trump's unyielding push to preserve Confederate symbols and the legacy of white domination, crystallized by his harsh denunciation of the racial justice movement Friday night at Mount Rushmore . . ."
Except that Mr. Trump made no reference to the Confederacy or any of its symbols. His only reference to the Civil War was to Abraham Lincoln and the abolition of slavery as a fulfillment of the American Revolution.
Sen. Tammy Duckworth, as many commentators on the right noted, also lied when she said Mr. Trump "spent all his time talking about dead traitors." He mentioned not a single leader or champion of the Confederacy.
In its own account, though hardly friendly to Mr. Trump, the New York Times went out of its way to counter these rampant distortions, reporting that Mr. Trump "avoided references . . . to the symbols of the Confederacy that have been a target of many protests."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-press-on-mount-rushmore-11594162964?mod=opinion_featst_pos1
It's a good example of how when some reporters veer off the facts, others will hold them accountable. There is no question that some in the news media distort the news, left, middle and right. People from both sides distort the truth to accommodate their narrative. Most credible reporters try to maintain some objectivity to their reporting. The failings of the news media does not excuse outright bald face lies from our president, or any other elected official for that matter.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope.

His actions prove your accusations false.

Not surprising you keep trying. Every Republican in my lifetime has been called a "racist", on flimsy evidence or even against the evidence.

Meanwhile you ignore racism by your own party, because ... ?
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope.

Not surprising you keep trying. Every Republican in my lifetime has been called a "racist", on flimsy evidence or even against the evidence.

Meanwhile you ignore racism by your own party, because ...
Wasn't it Trump who took out full page ads demanding the Central Park five be executed?

I'll acknowledge there is racism in 'my own party' the Republican Party. But, I also think there is racism within the Democratic Party. I agree that sometimes the evidence is pretty flimsy. But not in Trump's case. He's pretty much laid it out there for everyone to observe. Instead of trying to bring the country together, he's sowing division in order to whip up his core to turn out in November in enough numbers to carry him through again.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope.

Wasn't it Trump who took out full page ads demanding the Central Park five be executed?

I'll acknowledge there is racism in 'my own party' the Republican Party. But, I also think there is racism within the Democratic Party. I agree that sometimes the evidence is pretty flimsy. But not in Trump's case. He's pretty much laid it out there for everyone to observe. Instead of trying to bring the country together, he's sowing division in order to whip up his core to turn out in November in enough numbers to carry him through again.
You just parrot the Democrats' lies, then imagine you can sell yourself as a "Republican".

Romney is more GOP than you, son.
Whiskey Pete
Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Funny how liberals always try to hide that their liberals - all day every day
Osodecentx
TexasScientist said:

It's a good example of how when some reporters veer off the facts, others will hold them accountable. There is no question that some in the news media distort the news, left, middle and right. People from both sides distort the truth to accommodate their narrative. Most credible reporters try to maintain some objectivity to their reporting.
We agree that the institution of Journalism has been damaged
Florda_mike
HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope.

You just parrot the Democrats' lies, then imagine you can sell yourself as a "Republican".

Here is the answer to my question: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/nyregion/central-park-five-trump.html
He stopped short of linking the death penalty specifically to the Central Park Five. Although, some would infer that is what he meant when taken in context.
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
Funny how Boogaloos, QAnons, and conspiracy theorists think everyone else is a liberal.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope.

Here is the answer to my question: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/nyregion/central-park-five-trump.html
He stopped short of linking the death penalty specifically to the Central Park Five. Although, some would infer that is what he meant when taken in context.
You lost me at New York Times

I wouldn't trust the NYT to get sports scores right, let alone quotes.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
Funny how Boogaloos, QAnons, and conspiracy theorists think everyone else is a liberal.
You obsess more on Qanon than any real Republican I have ever met.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
Extremists should be a concern. Especially if they are not grounded in reality.
Whiskey Pete
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
True story
Whiskey Pete
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
kind of like marxists like antifa and blm
TexasScientist
HashTag said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
kind of like marxists like antifa and blm
I'll go with you on Antifa, although there doesn't seem to be much evidence of them being organized. Mostly a few loosely connected poorly organized local groups.
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?
Yet you ignore the extremists on the Left.

Why is that?
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?

Why is that?
I commented in response to your post. Read what I posted - "Extremists should be a concern. Especially if they are not grounded in reality." Extremists is plural.
Florda_mike
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?

Why is that?
I commented in response to your post. Read what I posted - "Extremists should be a concern. Especially if they are not grounded in reality." Extremists is plural.

Let's get your examples of 3 extremists on left?
Doc Holliday
Intelligence reports are estimations and our media is getting leaked "reporting" from the intelligence community agencies and they twist the narrative and behave as if it's fact.

Trump has been swamped with this behavior since before the election.

Many in our media and intelligence community are terrible human beings.
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

TexasScientist said:

Florda_mike said:

HashTag said:

Florda_mike said:

Oldbear83 said:

Yeah wonder why?

Why is that?

Let's get your examples of 3 extremists on left?
Antifa, ELF, DSA

Let's get your examples of extremists on the right, or do you believe there are none?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.