Trump attacks 1619 Project while touting 1776 re-education curriculum

2,214 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many of you think Trump could explain CRT on his own?

President Donald Trump said he will create a commission to promote "patriotic education" and decried the "twisted web of lies" being taught in schools and the narratives in universities that "America is a wicked and racist nation."

Speaking at the White House Conference on American History on Thursday, Trump railed against "critical race theory" and the 1619 Project directed by The New York Times Magazine, calling the project "totally discredited." The 1619 Project is named after the year when the first slaves arrived in Virginia.
Advertisement

His remarks came shortly after Education Secretary Betsy DeVos at another venue praised an alternative take on Black American history, the "1776 Unites Curriculum," promoted by notable conservatives. British colonies signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776.

Trump said his "1776 Commission," established by executive order, will encourage educators to teach children about "the miracle of American history" and make plans to honor the 250th anniversary of America's founding.
Trump also spoke about a grant awarded earlier this year by the National Endowment for the Humanities to support the development of a "pro-American curriculum that celebrates the truth about our nation's great history."
"Critical race theory, the 1619 project, and the crusade against American history is toxic propaganda, ideological poison that if not removed will dissolve the civic bonds that tie us together," he said. "It will destroy our country. That is why I recently banned trainings in this prejudiced ideology from the federal government and banned it in the strongest manner possible."
Trump recently threatened to nix federal funding for California schools that teach the 1619 Project, while the White House issued a governmentwide directive to stop what it called "un-American propaganda training sessions" about race.
"The only path to national unity is through our shared identity as Americans," Trump said. "That is why it is so urgent that we finally restore patriotic education to our

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/17/devos-black-history-1776-unites-417186
Make Racism Wrong Again
fadskier
Can't see your post but judging by the headlines, Good News!!!!
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
whitetrash
Here's all the explanation of CRT anyone needs:

bear2be2
whitetrash said:

Thanks, I'd never seen that particular Trump speech on video.
cinque
fadskier said:

Can'r see your post but judging by the headlines, Good News!!!!
How dumb,
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
First problem for me is that 1619 wasnt the first slaves in America... i could go on but it doesnt even get that part right...

There are so many people in America that are clueless about American history.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/misguided-focus-1619-beginning-slavery-us-damages-our-understanding-american-history-180964873/
cinque
bear2be2 said:

whitetrash said:

You know as much about CRT as Trump does, which is nothing.
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
Gruvin said:

First problem for me is that 1619 wasnt the first slaves in America... i could go on but it doesnt even get that part right...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/misguided-focus-1619-beginning-slavery-us-damages-our-understanding-american-history-180964873/
Why is that a problem for you?
Make Racism Wrong Again
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Good!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
4th and Inches
People more knowledgeable than me said...

What is most arresting about critical race theory is thatit turns its back on the Western tradition of rational inquiry, forswearing analysis for narrative. Rather than marshal logical arguments and empirical data, critical race theorists tell stories fictional, science-fictional, quasi-fictional, autobiographical, anecdotal designed to expose the pervasive and debilitating racism of America today. By repudiating reasoned argumentation, the storytellers reinforce stereotypes about the intellectual capacities of nonwhites.

Critical race theorists attack the very foundations of the [classical] liberal legal order, including equality theory, legal reasoning, Enlightenment rationalism and neutral principles of constitutional law. These liberal values, they allege, have no enduring basis in principle, but are mere social constructs calculated to legitimate white supremacy. The rule of law, according to critical race theorists, is a false promise of principled government, and they have lost patience with false promises.

4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

Americans being clueless about American history is NOT a problem for you?
fadskier
Slavery happened in every country. African tribes hunted down each other to trade. We know this. Every country in the world had slaves...usually a defeated people, enemies or lesser developed nations that were conquered.

Time to move one...cinque/username was never a slave.
whiterock
cinque said:

How many of you think Trump could explain CRT on his own?

President Donald Trump said he will create a commission to promote "patriotic education" and decried the "twisted web of lies" being taught in schools and the narratives in universities that "America is a wicked and racist nation."

Speaking at the White House Conference on American History on Thursday, Trump railed against "critical race theory" and the 1619 Project directed by The New York Times Magazine, calling the project "totally discredited." The 1619 Project is named after the year when the first slaves arrived in Virginia.
Advertisement

His remarks came shortly after Education Secretary Betsy DeVos at another venue praised an alternative take on Black American history, the "1776 Unites Curriculum," promoted by notable conservatives. British colonies signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776.

Trump said his "1776 Commission," established by executive order, will encourage educators to teach children about "the miracle of American history" and make plans to honor the 250th anniversary of America's founding.
Trump also spoke about a grant awarded earlier this year by the National Endowment for the Humanities to support the development of a "pro-American curriculum that celebrates the truth about our nation's great history."
"Critical race theory, the 1619 project, and the crusade against American history is toxic propaganda, ideological poison that if not removed will dissolve the civic bonds that tie us together," he said. "It will destroy our country. That is why I recently banned trainings in this prejudiced ideology from the federal government and banned it in the strongest manner possible."
Trump recently threatened to nix federal funding for California schools that teach the 1619 Project, while the White House issued a governmentwide directive to stop what it called "un-American propaganda training sessions" about race.
"The only path to national unity is through our shared identity as Americans," Trump said. "That is why it is so urgent that we finally restore patriotic education to our

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/17/devos-black-history-1776-unites-417186
That act alone justifies voting for Trump. P

Then there's the DOJ doing a literal take on Princeton's virtue posturing nonsense. BRILLIANT.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/17/us/princeton-racism-federal-investigation.html

The guy has his shortcomings, but he can be counted upon to be a lion when one is needed.
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

Why are Americans clueless about American history?
Make Racism Wrong Again
fadskier
bear2be2 said:

whitetrash said:

It's not. It's cinque's mom giving birth to her...
EatMoreSalmon
whitetrash said:

morse code, maybe
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

crappy public education being filled with unimportant things like why white people are racist?
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

crappy public education being filled with unimportant things like why white people are racist?
We're you taught about the racism of white people in your history classes at Baylor?
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

We're you taught about the racism of white people in your history classes at Baylor?
were you? You make alot of assumptions
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

During your public education, were you taught about the racism of white people?
Make Racism Wrong Again
whiterock
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

We were all taught, at all levels of instruction, about racism as part of the human condition.

That thundering reality does not prevent Democrats from pushing the racist nonsense that racism is unique to caucasian genetics.
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

were you? You like to make assumptions...
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

My history classes touted a belief in American innocence, a notion that no matter how important the role slavery played in the country's creation and history, it cannot be used to define America; that the United States' founders must be pure and their ideals untarnished. That's what I learned. How about you?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Mothra
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

Can't speak for Gruvin, but I recall an entire month on the civil rights movement and Jim Crow south in high school. We also covered it in professor armistead's history class at Baylor.

Curious why you're asking the question: do you think it's a topic not taught in schools?
cinque
Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

Can't speak for Gruvin, but I recall an entire month on the civil rights movement and Jim Crow south in high school. We also covered it in professor armistead's history class at Baylor.

Curious why you're asking the question: do you think it's a topic not taught in schools?
The racism of white people? Of course not.
Make Racism Wrong Again
cinque
The harm visited upon history education in Texas is not interred in the bones of Mel and Norma Gabler. It lives after them

Texas high school has been criticized for including Kenosha shooting suspect Kyle Rittenhouse among a list of individuals for a writing project about a "hero for the modern age."

The teenager, who was charged with killing two people and injuring another during protests against the police shooting of a black man in Wisconsin in August, was named alongside civil rights campaigner Malcolm X and anti-colonial protester Mahatma Gandhi for the assignment.
Also on the list were Csar Chvez, the Latino American civil rights activist, George Floyd, whose death sparked a global wave of anti-racism and police brutality protests, and Joseph Rosenbaum, one of the two protesters Rittenhouse is accused of killing.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Mothra
cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

Weird. What crappy school system did you grow up in?

Can't believe you didn't learn about slavery, Jim Crow and its causes, and the Civil Rights movement, but quite frankly, that explains a lot.
Johnny Bear
cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

What about teaching about racism that exists in the black community? It exists you know and it isn't a recent phenomenon. In addition, I think the whole country ought to be taught more about the Black Ku Klux Klan, otherwise known as Black Lives Matter.
Redbrickbear
fadskier said:

Slavery happened in every country. African tribes hunted down each other to trade. We know this. Every country in the world had slaves...usually a defeated people, enemies or lesser developed nations that were conquered.

Time to move one...cinque/username was never a slave.
Black African's still practice slavery in some parts even until this very day.

The focus on American slavery of blacks (for a relatively short 250 time period) is an attempt to paint White Americans with a blood libel.

No focus on the 8,000 year old and older African slavery.

And of course it took White Europeans to end the major Arab and African slave trades. The British and French crushed the Arab slave trade in North Africa during 1880-1900. Ethiopia had slavery until the Italians made them abolish it in the 1930s. The Gulf Arab Islamic states did not ban slavery until the 1960s-1970s under Western pressure.

STxBear81
America didn't invent slavery. Trump didn't either
cinque
Johnny Bear said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

What about teaching about racism that exists in the black community? It exists you know and it isn't a recent phenomenon. In addition, I think the whole country ought to be taught more about the Black Ku Klux Klan, otherwise known as Black Lives Matter.
Racism was rarely, if ever, mentioned in any of my classes from grade school to graduate school.
My earliest memory of being taught about slavery included a depiction of slaves dancing around a bonfire after a fun day in the fields.
I agree with those who support American history re-education, with special emphasis on improving on how you have been taught your history,
Make Racism Wrong Again
4th and Inches
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

My history classes touted a belief in American innocence, a notion that no matter how important the role slavery played in the country's creation and history, it cannot be used to define America; that the United States' founders must be pure and their ideals untarnished. That's what I learned. How about you?
you had some crappy teachers
4th and Inches
cinque said:

The harm visited upon history education in Texas is not interred in the bones of Mel and Norma Gabler. It lives after them

Texas high school has been criticized for including Kenosha shooting suspect Kyle Rittenhouse among a list of individuals for a writing project about a "hero for the modern age."

The teenager, who was charged with killing two people and injuring another during protests against the police shooting of a black man in Wisconsin in August, was named alongside civil rights campaigner Malcolm X and anti-colonial protester Mahatma Gandhi for the assignment.
Also on the list were Csar Chvez, the Latino American civil rights activist, George Floyd, whose death sparked a global wave of anti-racism and police brutality protests, and Joseph Rosenbaum, one of the two protesters Rittenhouse is accused of killing.
what is the complaint? The kids got to choose rittenhouse to write a paper on? Are you against kids learning and forming an opinion that might differ from yours?
whitetrash
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

you had some crappy teachers
We know cinque had very poor teachers in basic human anatomy and geology, because she can't tell her *ss from a hole in the ground.
cinque
Gruvin said:

cinque said:

what is the complaint? The kids got to choose rittenhouse to write a paper on? Are you against kids learning and forming an opinion that might differ from yours?
Is he a hero for the modern age?
Make Racism Wrong Again
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.