Trump attacks 1619 Project while touting 1776 re-education curriculum

2,215 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mothra
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

The harm visited upon history education in Texas is not interred in the bones of Mel and Norma Gabler. It lives after them

Texas high school has been criticized for including Kenosha shooting suspect Kyle Rittenhouse among a list of individuals for a writing project about a "hero for the modern age."

The teenager, who was charged with killing two people and injuring another during protests against the police shooting of a black man in Wisconsin in August, was named alongside civil rights campaigner Malcolm X and anti-colonial protester Mahatma Gandhi for the assignment.
Also on the list were Csar Chvez, the Latino American civil rights activist, George Floyd, whose death sparked a global wave of anti-racism and police brutality protests, and Joseph Rosenbaum, one of the two protesters Rittenhouse is accused of killing.
what is the complaint? The kids got to choose rittenhouse to write a paper on? Are you against kids learning and forming an opinion that might differ from yours?
Is he a hero for the modern age?
to some he might be... you had no problem with Rosenbaum?
Mothra
cinque said:

Johnny Bear said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

First problem for me is that 1619 wasnt the first slaves in America... i could go on but it doesnt even get that part right...

There are so many people in America that are clueless about American history.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/misguided-focus-1619-beginning-slavery-us-damages-our-understanding-american-history-180964873/
Why is that a problem for you?
Americans being clueless about American history is NOT a problem for you?
Why are Americans clueless about American history?
crappy public education being filled with unimportant things like why white people are racist?
We're you taught about the racism of white people in your history classes at Baylor?
were you? You make alot of assumptions
During your public education, were you taught about the racism of white people?

Can't speak for Gruvin, but I recall an entire month on the civil rights movement and Jim Crow south in high school. We also covered it in professor armistead's history class at Baylor.

Curious why you're asking the question: do you think it's a topic not taught in schools?
The racism of white people? Of course not.
What about teaching about racism that exists in the black community? It exists you know and it isn't a recent phenomenon. In addition, I think the whole country ought to be taught more about the Black Ku Klux Klan, otherwise known as Black Lives Matter.
Racism was rarely, if ever, mentioned in any of my classes from grade school to graduate school.
My earliest memory of being taught about slavery included a depiction of slaves dancing around a bonfire after a fun day in the fields.
I agree with those who support American history re-education, with special emphasis on improving on how you have been taught your history,

Again, this explains so much.
curtpenn
cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

First problem for me is that 1619 wasnt the first slaves in America... i could go on but it doesnt even get that part right...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/misguided-focus-1619-beginning-slavery-us-damages-our-understanding-american-history-180964873/
crappy public education being filled with unimportant things like why white people are racist?
We're you taught about the racism of white people in your history classes at Baylor?

Can't speak for Gruvin, but I recall an entire month on the civil rights movement and Jim Crow south in high school. We also covered it in professor armistead's history class at Baylor.

Curious why you're asking the question: do you think it's a topic not taught in schools?

It's BS like this that leads otherwise reasonable people to bow up and push back. No good can come from it for anyone.
GrowlTowel
One of his best moves. 1619 is a racist bs.
Thee University
fadskier said:

Time to move one...cinque/username was never a slave.
Oh yes they are.

They are a slave to this bulletin board and the conservatives who post here.

They are my slave. They are your slaves.

They are my entertainment.

They are my b!tc@#s.

45 more days and I will set them free. Or I can sell them to you.

Who wants them?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Thee University
Did Hebrew slaves build the pyramids?

Remind me of the great architectural wonders African slaves constructed.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
cinque
Mothra said:

cinque said:

Johnny Bear said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

What about teaching about racism that exists in the black community? It exists you know and it isn't a recent phenomenon. In addition, I think the whole country ought to be taught more about the Black Ku Klux Klan, otherwise known as Black Lives Matter.
Racism was rarely, if ever, mentioned in any of my classes from grade school to graduate school.
My earliest memory of being taught about slavery included a depiction of slaves dancing around a bonfire after a fun day in the fields.
I agree with those who support American history re-education, with special emphasis on improving on how you have been taught your history,

You're weren't the intended audience.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Canada2017
cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

During your public education were you taught about the racism of black people ?
JXL
https://www.americanrevolutioninstitute.org/1619-project/?fbclid=IwAR32Q8tKvsioEtxZB7VMvP7yYWlzNDPihTZcg74Z2ALlc_qNuGP_WoeYftA
Mothra
cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Johnny Bear said:

cinque said:

Mothra said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

cinque said:

Gruvin said:

You're weren't the intended audience.

Don't care. The fact remains - this explains so much about you.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.