I remember some folks here criticizing Biden for only considering a woman for VP

1,766 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 90sBear
Username checks out
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

It should be a woman, the Supreme Court needs a woman's voice because it lost a woman's voice.

I'm fine with a woman. I'm also fine with a Protestant who did not graduate from an Ivy League law school.

There are no Protestants on the court

No (avowed) Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, or Mormons either. No Jewish representation now either. Why do Protestants need special call out?
Thee University
I'm just hoping for a Lithuanian midget.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Osodecentx
Username checks out said:

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

It should be a woman, the Supreme Court needs a woman's voice because it lost a woman's voice.

I'm fine with a woman. I'm also fine with a Protestant who did not graduate from an Ivy League law school.

No (avowed) Atheists, Muslims, Hindus, or Mormons either. No Jewish representation now either. Why do Protestants need special call out?
They don't, but only Catholics and Jews from the Ivies are best for SCOTUS? There are lots of smart lawyers in the country
90sBear

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

Elena Kagan, Stephen Breyer
Osodecentx
90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

The other 7 are Catholic or were raised Catholic (Gorsuch)
90sBear
Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

Yes, I know.
Osodecentx
90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

Yes, I know.
Why not more diversity?
90sBear
Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

Yes, I know.
Why not more diversity?
I wasn't arguing one way or the other regarding diversity. I was noting user's comment regarding no Jewish representation that two current justices were raised Jewish.

Personally I think more diversity in backgrounds would be a good thing, especially in terms of where they were raised. I understand the critique of all Ivy League law schools and that there are a number of other quality law schools throughout the US, but to me where and how they spent their formative years might matter a little more. Just my opinion.
Osodecentx
90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

Yes, I know.
Why not more diversity?
I wasn't arguing one way or the other regarding diversity. I was noting user's comment regarding no Jewish representation that two current justices were raised Jewish.

Personally I think more diversity in backgrounds would be a good thing, especially in terms of where they were raised. I understand the critique of all Ivy League law schools and that there are a number of other quality law schools throughout the US, but to me where and how they spent their formative years might matter a little more. Just my opinion.
Sorry
I'm agreeing with you, not arguing
90sBear
Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

90sBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gruvin said:

Yes, I know.
Why not more diversity?

Sorry
I'm agreeing with you, not arguing
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.