Gen Flynn pardoed

4,427 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by whiterock
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
on all federal crimes
riflebear
It's a shame it had to even come to this - that ridiculous Judge

Canada2017
Just another reminder why I voted for Trump.

Damn pandemic .
Wrecks Quan Dough
Happy for General Flynn. What a sad state of affairs for our country that he was ever charged.
Doc Holliday
Judge Sullivan is a scumbag.
57Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Judge Sullivan is a scumbag.
Some judges have a very high opinion of themselves.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Thats great. Lying under oath doesnt mean as much as it used to.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

What lie did he tell under oath?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx

The FBI agents who interviewed him wrote in their notes that he told the truth. DOJ tried to withdraw the charges.

In re: lying under oath - Let's ask Bill Clinton, McCabe, Clapper,
Doc Holliday

What are you talking about?
HuMcK
That is an incorrect interpretation of what the FBI agents said. They said that he didn't show any overt clues that would show consciousness he lied, which is wildly different than saying they didnt think he lied. They said it appeared that he didn't think he was lying, not that they agreed with him.

And when DoJ (Barr) tried to dismiss the charges, after multiple guilty pleas to 2 judges, the lead prosecutor resigned in disgust. Lying to FBI investigators is also not the only criminal conduct Flynn plead guilty to, that's just all he was charged with in exchange for his guilty pleas.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

That is an incorrect interpretation of what the FBI agents said. They said that he didn't show any overt clues that would show consciousness he lied, which is wildly different than saying they didnt think he lied. They said it appeared that he didn't think he was lying, not that they agreed with him.

And when DoJ (Barr) tried to dismiss the charges, after multiple guilty pleas to 2 judges, the lead prosecutor resigned in disgust.
You may be right, but do you have a link on the FBI agents' notes/opinions?

The lead prosecutor? What about justice? Flynn has been in the frying pan for 4 years. He's lost million of dollars, his good name, and 4 years of his life. How much more do you want?
Mothra
HuMcK said:

And when DoJ (Barr) tried to dismiss the charges, after multiple guilty pleas to 2 judges, the lead prosecutor resigned in disgust. Lying to FBI investigators is also not the only criminal conduct Flynn plead guilty to, that's just all.he was charged with in exchange for his guilty pleas.
In the words of George Costanza, it's not a lie if you don't believe it's a lie.

Just FYI, that is pretty close to the legal definition as well. You have to be aware that what you are saying is false.
TWD 1974
Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

And when DoJ (Barr) tried to dismiss the charges, after multiple guilty pleas to 2 judges, the lead prosecutor resigned in disgust. Lying to FBI investigators is also not the only criminal conduct Flynn plead guilty to, that's just all.he was charged with in exchange for his guilty pleas.
In the words of George Costanza, it's not a lie if you don't believe it's a lie.

Just FYI, that is pretty close to the legal definition as well. You have to be aware that what you are saying is false.
Ignorance is not a legal defense. Are you suggesting that Flynn was innocent by an inability to determine right from wrong--incapacity?
HuMcK
The time to hash that out was before pleading guilty...twice. Again, he plead to that lesser charge because it was a lighter offense than the other conduct he admitted to in his pleadings, a functioning DoJ would have torn up the agreement and gone after him for FARA violations.
Canada2017

Exactly when was the truth critically important in Washington DC ?
HuMcK
I want him to wear the felon tag he deserves. He himself is the one that drug this out 4yrs, if he would have cooperated he would have plead out and been off of probation a year ago. And if you don't think his legal bills are more than covered, you aren't paying attention. His current lawyer is your girl Sidney Powell, working for free last I heard.

Can't find a link, all google searches are about current news and a different set of notes.
Mothra
HuMcK said:

The time to hash that out was before pleading guilty...twice. Again, he plead to that lesser charge because it was a lighter offense than the other conduct he admitted to in his pleadings, a functioning DoJ would have torn up the agreement and gone after him for FARA violations.
Lawyers recommend their clients take plea deals all the time, even for crimes the accused believes he is not guilty of.
Canada2017
HuMcK said:

I want him to wear the felon tag he deserves. He himself is the one that drug this out 4yrs, if he would have cooperated he would have plead out and been off of probation a year ago. And if you dint think his legal Bill's are more than covered, you aren't paying attention. His current lawyer is your girl Sidney Powell, working for free last I heard.

Cant find a link, all google searches are about current news and a different set of notes.
Fear not.......when Harris replaces Biden she will make sure hundreds of her political opponents wear the felon tag they 'deserve'.
Mothra
TWD 74 said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

Ignorance is not a legal defense. Are you suggesting that Flynn was innocent by an inability to determine right from wrong--incapacity?
Lying requires knowledge that the statement is false. That's always been an essential element of perjury.
Mothra

LOL at you butt hurt over this.

HuMcK
Michael Flynn is not some indigent criminal off the street who doesn't know any better. Is it your position that a former 3* general, former National Security Advisor, former Director of National Intellegence, did not know basic things about his legal pleadings after having them explained to him in painstaking detail by both judges before his plea?

I understand advocacy, but that defies all reason, and I know that you are sophisticated enough to know that.
TWD 1974
HuMcK said:

Michael Flynn is not some indigent criminal off the street who doesn't know any better. Is it your position that a former 3* general, former National Security Advisor, former Director of National Intellegence, did not know basic things about his legal pleadings after having them explained to him in painstaking detail by both judges before his plea?

I understand advocacy, but that defies all reason, and I know that you are sophisticated enough to know that.
Flynn by his own admission was aware that his conversation with the Russian Ambassador was being monitored. As a former DNI he damn well should have known! The question is, does he not recall what he said to the Ambassador on the call. Again, all suggesting some form of mental incapacity. Arguments never argued in Court.
Doc Holliday
It's been 6 months since the DOJ told Sullivan to dismiss the case. What this judge has done is beyond corrupt.

We have uncovered unbelievable misconduct by our FBI.
Someone illegally leaked on Flynn as well.

The Mueller SC threatened to go after Flynn's son which is why Flynn made the choice to take the guilty plea.

There is ZERO evidence he lied about his conversation with Kislyak, in fact the FBI didn't believe he was lying.

Wrecks Quan Dough
Can someone please tell us the exact words that Flynn uttered that resulted in charges?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
He plead guilty to lying to the FBI. He said he had lied about contacting a Russian ambassador.

If he didnt lie to the FBI he lied when he plead guilty.

If he did lie to the FBI, well. he lied.

Like I said. lying under oath doesnt mean as much as it used to. I am not butt hurt at all. Nothing Trump does surprises me. Whats surprising is the good people that bend over backward to either say he didnt lie, ask in shock "what lie?" or insist someone made him lie. Others go the "well, what about Sally? She lied too" or, "You know everybody lies under oath."
Wrecks Quan Dough

He plead guilty to lying to the FBI. He said he had lied about contacting a Russian ambassador.

LOL! That is not the statement that resulted in the charges. You really need the statement, if you can find it, because the charges will turn on the details, Flynn's knowledge, and whether any misstatements of fact were material.

Now, go read the statute and what the government has to prove to get a conviction. He did not violate the statute.
riflebear
Democrat attorney...

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
So it is your testimony that he did not lie to VP Pence and the FBI even though he later plead guilty to it and then recanted and said he really didnt lie?

Which part am I wrong about?

He said he lied.

He said he didnt lie.

Which one is correct?
Doc Holliday

Like I said. lying under oath doesnt mean as much as it used to. I am not butt hurt at all. Nothing Trump does surprises me. Whats surprising is the good people that bend over backward to either say he didnt lie, ask in shock "what lie?" or insist someone made him lie. Others go the "well, what about Sally? She lied too" or, "You know everybody lies under oath."
Do yourself a favor and get familiar with this saga before commenting.
TWD 1974
Carlos Safety said:

LOL! That is not the statement that resulted in the charges. You really need the statement, if you can find it, because the charges will turn on the details, Flynn's knowledge, and whether any misstatements of fact were material.

Now, go read the statute and what the government has to prove to get a conviction. He did not violate the statute.
If Flynn is so concerned that his admission of lying was wrong and he didn't lie, he can refuse the pardon proffered by Trump. I'm sure Sidney would just love another 3 years to go round and round on this case.
Wrecks Quan Dough

So it is your testimony that he did not lie to VP Pence and the FBI even though he later plead guilty to it and then recanted and said he really didnt lie?

Which part am I wrong about?

He said he lied.

He said he didnt lie.

Which one is correct?

To lie is not a felony in and of itself. He was not under oath when he talked to Pence and he was not under oath when he talked to the FBI. You still don't have a crime to talk about.

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Did he plead guilty to lying to the FBI under oath?
Wrecks Quan Dough
TWD 74 said:

Carlos Safety said:

If Flynn is so concerned that his admission of lying was wrong and he didn't lie, he can refuse the pardon proffered by Trump. I'm sure Sidney would just love another 3 years to go round and round on this case.
That is what you ought to get to say when you are framed on federal charges. I assure you that your light attitude will dissipate real quick.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.