The ONLY way Repubs lose 2 Georgia Senate Seats...

3,594 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I truly believe that anti- DJT sentiment would be the only reason for Georgia to flip their Senate seats to the Democrats. He needs to stay out of the media until Jan 6th. (I know...impossible.) .He doesn't need to Gin-Up the base...Georgia is heavy Rural Red already. Running down the DOJ (his AG and his FBI) is a politically gawd awful thing to do right now..those "Law and Order " signs are all over the place. No way in Hell that Georgia should have gone Blue to begin with..but IT DID. One only needs to look at their electoral map...At the "Rural Red" and the "Urban Blue" results..most importantly, the Blue suburban counties surrounding the population centers. Voters, particularly the young, the minorities, and WOMEN turned out in spectacular fashion to vote AGAINST Trump...Much like 2016, when voters turned out to vote against Hillary. In '16 ,they were willing to give Trump a shot at "draining the Swamp"..How'd that go? I'm a conservative in most every category, but could not stomach the man at the top of the Rep.ticket. If he keeps up his rants, he will keep inspiring the opposition to turn out in those Ga Blue strongholds.. and vote DEM..even if his name is not on the ballot. We all know that If Dems get control of the Senate, we are in for some wild times, and they ain't gonna be fun. Certainly just my opinions..they're worth what you paid for 'em.
George Truett
You're on target in saying Trump should shut up about GA until after the election. But you know he won't do it.

Parts of MAGA world are encouraging Republican voters to vote, but to write in Donald Trump. Others say there's no use in voting because the election is rigged.

Trump continues to attack GA's Republican governor and Secretary of State in his effort to kill democracy and make himself dictator for life.

GA should be a layup for Republicans, and if they lose it's going to be because of Trump's antics.
Bexar Pitts
George Truett said:

You're on target in saying Trump should shut up about GA until after the election. But you know he won't do it.

Parts of MAGA world are encouraging Republican voters to vote, but to write in Donald Trump. Others say there's no use in voting because the election is rigged.

Trump continues to attack GA's Republican governor and Secretary of State in his effort to kill democracy and make himself dictator for life.

GA should be a layup for Republicans, and if they lose it's going to be because of Trump's antics.
He is about to single-handedly destroy the Party of Lincoln and morph it into a collection of characters whose politics are unrecognizable to the old time GOP. I know part of this situation is directly due to his close "advisors." He apparently listens to a cast of willing sycophants that tell him exactly what they believe he wants to hear.I don't believe there's been a worse situation in the chambers of power since Rasputin. There has to soon be a point that someone in his sphere will step up and bring the light of truth to the man. At least I hope we're headed that way.
Dnicknames
Todd Young and Karl Rove are very very talented.

Unlike Trump who destroys everything around him, Rove didn't earn the nickname Boy Genius by getting lucky. And Young is a tactician.

The GOP isn't relying on a daughter or son-in-law as senior advisors anymore.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Dnicknames said:

Unlike Trump who destroys everything around him, Rove didn't earn the nickname Boy Genius by getting lucky.

He was also called Turd Blossom. I don't even want to know.
Bexar Pitts
Dnicknames said:

Unlike Trump who destroys everything around him, Rove didn't earn the nickname Boy Genius by getting lucky. And Young is a tactician.

Totally agree with you regarding the two individuals you've mentioned. My concerns are that these caliber of people are in short supply in Trumpworld. Might we be seeing a schism in both the Republican and Democratic Parties that effectively gives us 4 groups that are vying for political power? IE..Far Left..Center Left Dems.. Far Right...Center Right Repubs..Graham and Cruz are still towing the Trump line..at least until after the Georgia Senate is decided. Do they want to take leadership of Trump's base at some point in the future? What happens if DJT has to do the Cy Vance shuffle in leg chains and a cute orange jumpsuit? The times we are living in and the times just ahead will be studied and analyzed for decades..if not centuries..
J.B.Katz
Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

He is about to single-handedly destroy the Party of Lincoln and morph it into a collection of characters whose politics are unrecognizable to the old time GOP. I know part of this situation is directly due to his close "advisors." He apparently listens to a cast of willing sycophants that tell him exactly what they believe he wants to hear.I don't believe there's been a worse situation in the chambers of power since Rasputin. There has to soon be a point that someone in his sphere will step up and bring the light of truth to the man. At least I hope we're headed that way.
"About to"?

Son it's a done deal.
J.R.
J.B.Katz said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

"About to"?

Son it's a done deal.
yup!. it is
Bexar Pitts
J.B.Katz said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

"About to"?

Son it's a done deal.
If it's not, it's dayum close. I don't see how these politicians can keep puttin' on different hats and hope to fool the same people time and time again. Graham and Cruz, apparently sacrosanct in their home states , are prime examples. Both issued scathing rebukes of DJT in earlier Primary days. I'm talking "no two ways about it" blistering statements. At some point, the proverbial "light" has got to come on and wake up the 'highly coveted and highly sought" base. And Thanks for the "Son." Nobody's called me that in 30 years! :-)
curtpenn
J.R. said:

J.B.Katz said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

"About to"?

Son it's a done deal.
yup!. it is

To the extent the "party of Lincoln" = the party of the Bush/McCain/Romney types, it needed/needs to go. Globalist elites on the right and regressive SJW culture cancellers on the left. Trump's antics drove me crazy, but at least he gave voice to social conservatives and those of us born without trust funds. Would love to see a Republican take up the cause of America First rather than just paying lip service while using some of us as useful idiots.
Bexar Pitts
If this "Pay-For-Pardon" issue does have legs, Repubs better hope DJT doesn't destroy their election hopes here. Trump is apparently sinking deeper into the muck, and I don't think he's beyond taking a 'scorched earth" policy toward the Republican Party. Am I the only one feeling like the proverbial "lid" may be coming off?
Robert Wilson
Bexar Pitts said:

Dnicknames said:

Totally agree with you regarding the two individuals you've mentioned. My concerns are that these caliber of people are in short supply in Trumpworld. Might we be seeing a schism in both the Republican and Democratic Parties that effectively gives us 4 groups that are vying for political power? IE..Far Left..Center Left Dems.. Far Right...Center Right Repubs..Graham and Cruz are still towing the Trump line..at least until after the Georgia Senate is decided. Do they want to take leadership of Trump's base at some point in the future? What happens if DJT has to do the Cy Vance shuffle in leg chains and a cute orange jumpsuit? The times we are living in and the times just ahead will be studied and analyzed for decades..if not centuries..
I hear what you're saying. I'm just not sure it lines out that way. A lot of the Trump supporters were the Bill Clinton base. They're populists - lower income, nationalist types. They'd have been more likely to vote for Bernie than for Jeb Bush. The Republican coalition is a total mess, but so are the Democrats. Really, the two party system (and the primary system that comes with it) is a total fustercluck and has outlived its usefulness (assuming it ever had any).
PartyBear
I suspect he will go scorched earth on the GOP. He has already said he should never have endorsed Kemp for Governor and that the Republican SOS is the enemy of the people. It could have been photo shopped but I saw a photo of a bill board put up by pro Trump group in GA saying to vote against Loeffler and Perdue in the run off because they havent helped Trump over the past couple of weeks (not that there was anything they could do for him--legally that is).
Bexar Pitts
Robert Wilson said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Dnicknames said:

I hear what you're saying. I'm just not sure it lines out that way. A lot of the Trump supporters were the Bill Clinton base. They're populists - lower income, nationalist types. They'd have been more likely to vote for Bernie than for Jeb Bush. The Republican coalition is a total mess, but so are the Democrats. Really, the two party system (and the primary system that comes with it) is a total fustercluck and has outlived its usefulness (assuming it ever had any).
Good points. I'm just not sure everybody involved has their "feet on the ground" yet. Too many balls in the air that don't have a clear landing area..Some of the 2024 candidates, which I believe include both Graham and Cruz, still haven't determined their "cleanest" path to the nomination. Politics does indeed make strange bedfellows.
Whiskey Pete
Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

He is about to single-handedly destroy the Party of Lincoln and morph it into a collection of characters whose politics are unrecognizable to the old time GOP.
It's funny that you say the guy who got the most votes in history for any Republican, increased his support by well over 10 million votes, brought in more minorities to the party is actually destroying it. I won't even mention the Republicans that flipped house seats and state legislatures.
bear2be2
Rawhide said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

He is about to single-handedly destroy the Party of Lincoln and morph it into a collection of characters whose politics are unrecognizable to the old time GOP.
It's funny that you say the guy who got the most votes in history for any Republican, increased his support by well over 10 million votes, brought in more minorities to the party is actually destroying it. I won't even mention the Republicans that flipped house seats and state legislatures.

Any benefits the Republicans have received as a result of selling out to Trump were temporary and incidental. He doesn't give a **** about that party or its values. And he'll have no problem tearing it down on his way out. We're already seeing that through this **** fit he's throwing.
J.R.
Rawhide said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

Don't know if you have here Mr. Rawdawg, but he, Trump lost and lost in a landslide according to what he said about his 2016 victory with the identical amount of electoral votes , but he lost the popular vote. So, I guess, it's Joe in a landslide.
PartyBear
bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

Any benefits the Republicans have received as a result of selling out to Trump were temporary and incidental. He doesn't give a **** about that party or its values. And he'll have no problem tearing it down on his way out. We're already seeing that through this **** fit he's throwing.
He is about to do to the party what he would have done after the 16 election had he not won the EC. Knowing Trump assuming he remains free, he is going to want his own party named after him. I suspect he will start a new party that takes about one third of the GOP away from the GOP (which is fatal nationally to the GOP). Of course he cant do this if he is prison or busy defending himself in criminal court.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Any benefits the Democrats have received as a result of selling out to Obama were temporary and incidental. He doesn't give a **** about that party or its values. And he'll have no problem tearing it down now that he is out.
J.B.Katz
PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

He is about to do to the party what he would have done after the 16 election had he not won the EC. Knowing Trump assuming he remains free, he is going to want his own party named after him. I suspect he will start a new party that takes about one third of the GOP away from the GOP (which is fatal nationally to the GOP). Of course he cant do this if he is prison or busy defending himself in criminal court.
Here's what I don't understand. Republicans were ready to stonewall any prosecution and investigations of Trump / family. But with him going nuclear and trying to claim an election was rigged when his own bought and paid for DOJ says it wasn't and so do lots of Republican state officials who are now facing threats of nutjob violence, it might be in their interest to step back and let it happen.
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

Don't know if you have here Mr. Rawdawg, but he, Trump lost and lost in a landslide according to what he said about his 2016 victory with the identical amount of electoral votes , but he lost the popular vote. So, I guess, it's Joe in a landslide.
I'll pretend for a second that every biden vote was cast be a real life legal American - and only once in one state.

Trump didn't destroy the republican party by losing an election. Go back in history and you'll notice that not one party has been in control the entirety of this nation.

If he single-handedly destroyed the Republican party then Republicans everywhere would've had their asses handed to them last month. Republicans wouldn't have flipped seats and gained bigger numbers in the house, The GOP would've had their ass handed to them on every senate seat up for grabs and Republican controlled state legislatures across America would've flipped to the democrats - none of that happened. As a matter fact Republicans had a far better election night than everyone predicted. Some even credit Trump's coattails for the GOP wins.

So, maybe it's time you wake up a little and look at the bigger picture instead of being focused on Trump's dick.
PartyBear
They are weak and pretty pathetic. They are like Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter. That is the only explanation. Again there is no reward for being a sycophant. He turns on everyone.
Whiskey Pete
PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

Trump going to prison is your wet dream just like Hillary going to prison is the GOP's wet dream.

Neither will happen.
Wrecks Quan Dough

Bexar Pitts
Rawhide said:

Bexar Pitts said:

George Truett said:

The Trump "machine" literally scared the livin' xxxx out of millions of voters by hammering the perceived threat of the radical left ( and all the ultra left revolutionaries} claiming power in the Executive Branch. It was effective , and turned out huge numbers in already 'Red" states..There wasn't a lot of voter apathy this time around. The "machine" was running ads in Spanish throughout Florida many months before the election , proclaiming a vote for a Democrat was a pro- Castro ideology vote. It worked. On the flip side, there were enough rational thinkers voting that understood both DJT and his methods. Georgia ,for example, went Blue on the top of the ticket against all odds. That level of campaign organization was brilliant, and will be studied and copied in coming years. I think on closer examination, you can see the Repub. Party attempting to reorganize post Trump.What percentage still follow his 'Dear Leader" type principles of governance...Who will go after that base? How will DJT attempt to emerge as his base's Il Duce? All questions remaining to be answered.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
"I'll pretend for a second that every biden vote was cast be a real life legal American - and only once in one state."

Unless you have evidence otherwise you would be pretending to think anything else.
Doc Holliday
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

"I'll pretend for a second that every biden vote was cast be a real life legal American - and only once in one state."

Unless you have evidence otherwise you would be pretending to think anything else.
That would require me to believe the voter rolls are 100% accurate...
bear2be2
Carlos Safety said:

Any benefits the Democrats have received as a result of selling out to Obama were temporary and incidental. He doesn't give a **** about that party or its values. And he'll have no problem tearing it down now that he is out.

Except this isn't actually true. And Obama and Trump are in no way similar.
Wrecks Quan Dough
bear2be2 said:

Carlos Safety said:

Except this isn't actually true. And Obama and Trump are in no way similar.
Obama did no favors for the Democrat party. He is part of the leftward lurch that is going to cost the Dems big in 2022.
Whiskey Pete

So you're pretending there's no evidence? Not unexpected from you.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

They are weak and pretty pathetic. They are like Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter. That is the only explanation. Again there is no reward for being a sycophant. He turns on everyone.

Just ask Rick Gaetz.
midgett
Yes, the anti-Trump crowd voted Trump out. Democrats will pick up 1-3 Senate seats. 3 will be a huge win for Dems.

Across the rest of the ballot in the House and in states, it was a shellacking for the Democrats. The very liberal & progressive wing of that party get a beat down.

The Georgia senate vote will be interesting. Will the anti-Trump group that may be Republican switch back to Republican to keep a check on liberal policies while having rid themselves of Trump? Maybe, maybe not.
bear2be2
Rawhide said:

It's not pretending to follow the testimony of every entity that has actually done a non-partisan investigation into the matter.

Present the substantive evidence that no one of import has been able to find or move on. Those are the only two choices.
J.B.Katz
Rawhide said:

No pretense needed, son.
Bexar Pitts
midgett said:

Yes, the anti-Trump crowd voted Trump out. Democrats will pick up 1-3 Senate seats. 3 will be a huge win for Dems.

Across the rest of the ballot in the House and in states, it was a shellacking for the Democrats. The very liberal & progressive wing of that party get a beat down.

The Georgia senate vote will be interesting. Will the anti-Trump group that may be Republican switch back to Republican to keep a check on liberal policies while having rid themselves of Trump? Maybe, maybe not.
Agree. I'm surprised the Dems haven't shown Tom Perez the door. The Republicans showed off their campaign prowess in down ballot races. The next 30 days of Georgia campaigning will be quite a show.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.