What is the Deal With The Umbrellas At The Riots/ Protests??

1,113 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why do these little peckerheads at the riots/ protests bring the umbrellas? What purpose do they serve? Do they shield the skin from UV rays while federal buildings and businesses are burning?

Just curious.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canon
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Why do these little peckerheads at the riots/ protests bring the umbrellas? What purpose do they serve? Do they shield the skin from UV rays while federal buildings and businesses are burning?

Just curious.

Shield from cameras. Protesters in Hong Kong used them for this to protest communist control of their society. Protesters in America are using them to demand communist control of America. Same tool, different goal.

Also the cameras they want to be shielded from in America are not government owned. They are worried about citizens with cell phones like Andy Ngo.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Canon said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just curious.

Shield from cameras. Protesters in Hong Kong used them for this to protest communist control of their society. Protesters in America are using them to demand communist control of America. Same tool, different goal.

Also the cameras they want to be shielded from in America are not government owned. They are worried about citizens with cell phones like Andy Ngo.
You would think someone committed to their cause and beliefs would not mind having there identity known. Interesting.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
contrario
I just read a long article from Seattle about the umbrella protests in Seattle last year. What I found most interesting is that the writer seemed to take exception to Seattle being known for rain, pointing to the fact that Houston and New York City actually get more rain. While it is true those two cities get more rain annually in inches, the reason Seattle is known for rain is because it rains almost half the year, about 70 more days of rain per year than Houston or NYC. It is amazing how people can cherry pick stats.
ABC BEAR
Since they are prepared for precipitation, is it okay to turn the fire hoses on them?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I was in Hong Kong during the first big demonstration. There were no umbrellas but everyone wore white t-shirts. . .I didnt know what was up when the Admiralty station was packed with white shirts. I was able to get to my destination at Central but later had to pay a cab double to get back because the government shut down the trains to discourage the protestors, That was at the end of April. I was only there for a few weeks but after I left the protests started getting ugly, The government used rubber bullets, pepper spray and tear gas so the protestors started bringing umbrellas for protection. The crowds were so huge the guys I knew said they werent worried about being identified. The leaders and organizers were singled out and arrested.

BusyTarpDuster2017
I thought it was because they're gonna start throwing their own feces and urine again like the disgusting, pathetic degenerates they are.
Jack and DP
Umbrellas to protect from tear gas and pepper spray. ANTIFA is an idea and they have ideas like this.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Jack and DP said:

Umbrellas to protect from tear gas and pepper spray. ANTIFA is an idea and they have ideas like this.
It started in Hong Kong. Pretty sure Antifa hasnt polluted HK (yet).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.