We're all tired of this and want it behind us..BUT

4,975 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bexar Pitts
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldbear83 said:

"I think what we needon Sicem365 is thread limits"

Golf
Foxtrot
Yankee

I really want Track & Field too

Yankee what?
Florda_mike
BearsWinger said:

Florda_mike said:

Bexar Pitts said:

cms186 said:

the situation in India is really concerning, this is their second wave, right?
I believe that's correct. The article mentions that the Govt. believed that the virus was being controlled in Feb. Now they're experiencing a huge second surge...probably for a myriad of reasons. The situation appears much worse than ours did with the first US wave..Overcrowded living conditions is surely in the mix for causation of the rapid spread.

I think what we needon Sicem365 is thread limits on COVID related threads, as in no more COVID threads!

Enough already

Numbers are manipulated for government benefiting themselves. I know of government manipulation techniques of deaths in Vietnam. It was terrible what was done then and I can't imagine how deceitful it could be 55 years later with these liars
Really. And how many 'COVID vaccines will kill you' threads did you start again?

I'll quit if they will
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Can you believe they were pushing to export their vaccine supply just a little over a month ago?
I can believe it. Demand is already waning in the US. If the anti-vaxxers and coviphiles have their way, we could easily follow suit.
What exactly is a Coviphile? A human that is obsessed with Covid and allows it to control most every aspect of their life?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Baylor3216
ATL Bear said:

There are two massive failures by the Indian government. The first was an inability to get oxygen supplies, and they even had situations where private entities were controlling local supply. The other failure was a national pride factor that led to a focus on locally developed vaccines and they even put import controls on other vaccine types, something they're having to remedy to get help from other countries. And in the background has been national elections across the country which has refrained politicians from forcing closures, in particular the theaters which are hugely popular in India.

We might actually see natural herd immunity on a mass scale here as the population size is so great that infection spread will likely outpace the ability to vaccinate at that scale. We worked with the local government to get our employees vaccinated. I know of 2 employees who still got Covid post vaccination but were mild. They are saying 1 out of 3 tests are coming back positive right now there, and that real numbers of new cases per day aren't ~ 350,000 but closer to 700-800,000.

2 words

Gluten diet

#science
Baylor3216
Bexar Pitts said:

Oldbear83 said:

"I think what we needon Sicem365 is thread limits"

Golf
Foxtrot
Yankee
Copy that 5x5.

Nice. 5x5. Not a phrase often heard or used lately.
Baylor3216
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Can you believe they were pushing to export their vaccine supply just a little over a month ago?
I can believe it. Demand is already waning in the US. If the anti-vaxxers and coviphiles have their way, we could easily follow suit.
Instead of complaining and whining, you could and should work on making the case for reasonable people to get vaccinated.

Hint: Coercion pisses people off.

For something scientifically proven less deadly than the flu, I'm sure that's a tough sell for many, especially when no way shown to be at risk

#science
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Baylor3216 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Instead of complaining and whining, you could and should work on making the case for reasonable people to get vaccinated.

For something scientifically proven less deadly than the flu, I'm sure that's a tough sell for many, especially when no way shown to be at risk

#science
Amen Brother. We have all been screwed. The mighty Oz behind the curtain has been exposed. And so many just don't realize it! And never will.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
jupiter

jupiter

Sam Lowry
Baylor3216 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

#science
lol
Florda_mike
jupiter said:

What's it say

I don't go there

Thanks
Osodecentx
Baylor3216 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

#science
What about India?
jupiter

jupiter

jupiter
jupiter

jupiter

jupiter

Quote:

The first nationwide study of coronavirus vaccination, done in Israel, showed Pfizer/BioNtech's vaccine works far better after two doses. Two shots of the vaccine provided greater than 95% protection from infection, severe illness and death, Dr. Eric Haas of the Israel Ministry of Health and colleagues reported in the Lancet medical journal. "Two doses of BNT162b2 are highly effective across all age groups in preventing symptomatic and asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infections and COVID-19-related hospitalizations, severe disease, and death, including those caused by the B.1.1.7 SARS-CoV-2 variant," they wrote. The B.1.1.7 variant, first seen in Britain, has spread widely and is now the most common new variant seen in the US. It was also common in Israel when the study was done...

"By 14 days after vaccination, protections conferred by a second dose [of the Pfizer vaccine] increased to 96.5% protection against infection, 98% against hospitalization, and 98.1% against death," the team wrote. But people who got only one dose of the vaccine were far less protected. One dose alone gave just 57.7% protection against infection, 75.7% against hospitalization, and 77% against death....

Separately, a team in the Gulf state of Qatar looked at the efficacy of Pfizer's vaccine in the population there when B.1.351 and B.1.1.7 were both circulating. They found reassuring results. "The estimated effectiveness of the vaccine against any documented infection with the B.1.1.7 variant was 89.5% at 14 or more days after the second dose. The effectiveness against any documented infection with the B.1.351 variant was 75%," the researchers wrote in a letter to the New England Journal of Medicine...

Vaccine maker Moderna reported Wednesday that a booster shot delivering a half-dose of its current vaccine revs up the immune response against both B.1.351 and P.1. And a booster dose formulated specifically to match B.1.351 was even more effective, Moderna said in a statement...

In another study, vaccine maker Novavax confirmed earlier findings that showed its vaccine protects against B.1.351.

ATL Bear
India right now.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bihar-buxar-coronavirus-covid-panic-in-bihar-town-as-over-40-bodies-wash-up-on-banks-of-ganga-2438888?pfrom=home-ndtv_topscroll

Quote:

Covid Panic In Bihar Town As Over 40 Bodies Wash Up On Banks Of Ganga

Patna: Bloated, decomposing bodies washed up this morning on the banks of Ganga at Bihar's Buxar in frightening new visuals that expose the scale of India's Covid crisis. Dozens of bodies were seen floating in the river at Chausa town - on Bihar's border with Uttar Pradesh -- and later piling up on the banks, to the horror of residents.

People woke up early this morning to the grotesque sight and raised an alarm. The local administration believes the bodies floated down from Uttar Pradesh and belong to Covid patients whose relatives may have been unable to find space to cremate or bury them.

"Some 40-45 bodies were seen floating," said Chausa district official Ashok Kumar, standing at the site of the horror, Mahadeva Ghat in Chausa. He said the bodies seem to have been thrown into the river. By some accounts, there could be closer to 100 bodies.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

India right now.

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bihar-buxar-coronavirus-covid-panic-in-bihar-town-as-over-40-bodies-wash-up-on-banks-of-ganga-2438888?pfrom=home-ndtv_topscroll

Quote:

Covid Panic In Bihar Town As Over 40 Bodies Wash Up On Banks Of Ganga

Patna: Bloated, decomposing bodies washed up this morning on the banks of Ganga at Bihar's Buxar in frightening new visuals that expose the scale of India's Covid crisis. Dozens of bodies were seen floating in the river at Chausa town - on Bihar's border with Uttar Pradesh -- and later piling up on the banks, to the horror of residents.

People woke up early this morning to the grotesque sight and raised an alarm. The local administration believes the bodies floated down from Uttar Pradesh and belong to Covid patients whose relatives may have been unable to find space to cremate or bury them.

"Some 40-45 bodies were seen floating," said Chausa district official Ashok Kumar, standing at the site of the horror, Mahadeva Ghat in Chausa. He said the bodies seem to have been thrown into the river. By some accounts, there could be closer to 100 bodies.

Horrible tragedy
Florda_mike
Spread that fear Oso

Spread it everywhere

NEVER go outside in the sunshine and fresh air

Lock the doors and isolate from the real world and its' God forsaken people

Fear everything that moves
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

It's cool. You got your vaccine, so you are safe from the "anti-vaxxers" who don't want to be the test subjects on a virus that has less than a 1% chance of killing them. I mean, it's not like vaccines have ever killed or seriously injured someone, especially one created at warp speed without long term trials.

Let us know how that works out for you.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

It's cool. You got your vaccine, so you are safe from the "anti-vaxxers" who don't want to be the test subjects on a virus that has less than a 1% chance of killing them. I mean, it's not like vaccines have ever killed or seriously injured someone, especially one created at warp speed without long term trials.

You bet your life ...
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
In some sense, we are all betting with our lives. You're betting the vaccine will save you from COVID, but not cause some long-term injury or damage. And I am betting that if I get COVID, I will most likely survive it, and that to me mitigates the concerns over long term side effects of an unproven and untested (at least long term) drug.
Bexar Pitts
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
In some sense, we are all betting with our lives. You're betting the vaccine will save you from COVID, but not cause some long-term injury or damage. And I am betting that if I get COVID, I will most likely survive it, and that to me mitigates the concerns over long term side effects of an unproven and untested (at least long term) drug.
That's probably a good bet that you would survive the initial Covid infection..However, we are finding out more with the passing of time about the lingering and lasting effects of the Virus itself. We should remember that the Covid 19 virus is almost as new as the vaccine.. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351
Mothra
Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
That's probably a good bet that you would survive the initial Covid infection..However, we are finding out more with the passing of time about the lingering and lasting effects of the Virus itself. We should remember that the Covid 19 virus is almost as new as the vaccine.. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351
I do not disagree. We are taking a gamble either way.
Sam Lowry
Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
I've heard of many younger patients (30s and 40s) surviving covid and later dying of heart failure in situations where you'd normally expect to stabilize them. They deteriorate extremely quickly. Anecdotal, but FWIW.
Bexar Pitts
Sam Lowry said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
I've heard of many younger patients (30s and 40s) surviving covid and later dying of heart failure in situations where you'd normally expect to stabilize them. They deteriorate extremely quickly. Anecdotal, but FWIW.
Seems we are getting data on a regular basis that is painting a picture of what we may face in the future as a result of Covid 19. Being a novel virus, it has both challenged us and motivated our researchers to find treatments in time frames previously not deemed possible. We are all learning as we go.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Bexar Pitts said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
Seems we are getting data on a regular basis that is painting a picture of what we may face in the future as a result of Covid 19. Being a novel virus, it has both challenged us and motivated our researchers to find treatments in time frames previously not deemed possible. We are all learning as we go.
Must

Find

Another Way

To Stay

Skeerrrddd

of Virus.
Osodecentx
Carlos Cruz said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
Must

Find

Another Way

To Stay

Skeerrrddd

of Virus.
Google.

India.

Virus.

Cases.

A.

Day.
Sam Lowry
Osodecentx said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
Must

Find

Another Way

To Stay

Skeerrrddd

of Virus.
Google.

India.

Virus.

Cases.

A.

Day.
See, that's math. That's controversial around here.
Bexar Pitts
Carlos , I guess you might call it "skeerrrddd"..Whatever words makes you feel complacent . Ben Franklin, when referring to fire prevention in Philadelphia, coined the phrase that 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." I think it's up to us as citizens of the planet to find ways to protect ourselves from threats from all types of sources, and why that upsets some people I'll never understand. It's a simple question of being proactive in method and deed to enrich the lives and safety of those around us..and that circle can be as wide or as small as you wish. I'll stop here, you're an intelligent person and get my point.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

Carlos Cruz said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Sam Lowry said:

Bexar Pitts said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

You bet your life ...
Must

Find

Another Way

To Stay

Skeerrrddd

of Virus.
Google.

India.

Virus.

Cases.

A.

Day.
Oh my goodness. Stop it, man, so many "cases" in a country with 1.2 billion people, an awful healthcare system, and densely populated metro areas. Lemme go get skeerrred.

Wear a mask for India. Get a jab of an experimental technology for India. Get Skerred for India. Thank you hospital and frontline workers. Hate has no home here.

You people need to get a hold of yourselves.
Sam Lowry
There's a lot of irrational fear going around these days. Mainly the irrational fear of doing anything that could potentially inconvenience the virus.

Lions and tigers and needles, oh my.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Sam Lowry said:

There's a lot of irrational fear going around these days. Mainly the irrational fear of doing anything that could potentially inconvenience the virus.

Lions and tigers and needles, oh my.

Yes, we need to do what the government and popular culture requires of us. They are powerful anti-viral agents. Just ask the genius Little Lord Fauntleroy Fauci, who has conquered Aids and Covid with a mere hundreds of billions in funding.

Mask up and get your shots, cowards.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.