CDC says fully vaccinated Americans no longer need masks indoors or outdoors in most

2,800 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Whiskey Pete
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
whitetrash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I have not gone into a WalMart since they put in place their mandatory mask requirements. Screw them. I have chosen to do business in the last few months with businesses that do not require masks, even if they have higher prices. We do live in "Merica". The land of the free, not controlled.

WalMart was never about the cheapest price for me. It strictly is about convenience. They are also the single largest private sector employer in the country, so there's that. Glad to hear you wear red, white, and blue underwear and don't buy any products from China. Donald Trump is proud of you!
You can go now. Walmart, like Saul, has had a conversion on the road to "De-mask-us".

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/14/walmart-customers-employees-who-are-vaccinated-wont-need-to-wear-masks.html
The wife and I went to our local HEB today and I was a little surprised that about half of the people were still wearing masks.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
midgett
Osodecentx said:

midgett said:

Ghostrider said:

Thoughts on this?

As I posted above, Joe should get his house in order before giving orders to everyone else.

Phil Kerpen on Twitter: "Senator Burr asked Fauci, Peter Marks from the FDA, and @CDCDirector what percentage of their own employees are vaccinated. Fauci probably a bit more than half, around 60%. Marks said about the same. Walensky dodged the question. https://t.co/zoeZXZeCWM" / Twitter

What remedy do you want?
Fire the non-vaccinated?
Wear a mask 100% of the time?
Not sure if this is directed at me.

The vaccine offers protection to the ones receiving it. It's not perfect but it appears to be quite effective and should be taken by those with high risk factors.

For everyone else, it should be a choice. If Bob gets the vaccination and Joe doesn't and they work together, all things equal, Joe has more risk. Bob has substantially reduced his risk (based on what we currently know). If Joe doesn't want to get the vaccine, he shouldn't be forced to or prohibited from living his life. His risk is minimal to Bob. It's possible, Bob still poses more risk to Joe (Bob gets it anyway and passes it to Joe). Bob's symptoms are minor due to having the vaccination.

As my link points out, barely half the people working for Fauci, the FDA and the CDC have gotten the vaccination. If their own employees won't take it, especially being privy to as much information as one could want, then why are all Americans being mandated to take it by those three agency leaders?

As I typed that sentence, I got a thought. Maybe the reason so many for those agencies haven't gotten the vaccine is because they ARE privy to information the rest of us aren't. Hope that is wrong. Otherwise, it's scary.
NeuroticBear
Ghostrider said:

Thoughts on this?

My choice is...neither.
Robert Wilson
midgett said:

Last week, Biden had his mask OFF while visiting 90+ year olds, Jimmy & Rosalyn Carter, but put it on when he came back outside. Last week, Kamala Harris kissed her HUSBAND goodbye while both were wearing their masks (could be a bad breath thing).

Two months ago, Biden called Abbott and Texans Neanderthals for reducing the mask mandate. Cases and deaths have dropped dramatically.

Two days ago, CDC director Walensky said she would not allow her vaccinated son to go to summer camp. Yesterday she said "anyone fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing."

Cuomo stated today that he will continue mandating masks in NY because he will "follow the science."

The head of the teacher's union, who has continued to advocate for limited in-person schooling, suddenly today stated all schools must reopen this fall.

All this confuses me, you know, because I'm a Neanderthal.

Did the science change or not change?

I suspect it is political science.

After a horrible week for the administration and with DeSantis and Abbott making Neanderthals look smarter by the day, the internal polling suggested masks are no longer needed. Polling is science, right?

Yes. It's all complete ****ing nonsense.

Incredible to me that so many people still drop down on their knees for the authorities or self proclaimed experts on this stuff.
Ghostrider
Well that was fun
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Life is good. Will be interesting to see if WalMart has to see proof of vaccination before entering the store unmasked.
why in the world would anyone go into a Walmart? Particularly y'all "Mericans" wanting the cheapest price on earth and all of it made anywhere other than the good ole USA...lol. Always love the bubba Wally World shopper who is down with "made in Merica", but, by god, I'm going to get the lowest possible price......Hello, China!!! Never understood that.
Hey, lookie there... It's Jr. making fun of small town America for shopping at a store that in some places, provides their only choice.

But hey, I get your point. It's exactly like those occupy wall street morons that posted about their rage on twitter. Using their iPhones. While connected to ATT or Verizon or Sprint.

or

The blm crowd that cares about black kids, except for when they get shot in Chicago

or

f-u-c-k it. I could go on all day.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.