Abbott now accepting donations to help build the Texas border wall

2,797 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by boognish_bear
Amal Shuq-Up
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.B.Katz said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
If it was run by more liberals, they wouldn't get anything right.

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.
As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
And when the leaders fly off to Cancun leaving their constituents and their dog to freeze to death in the cold and dark. Anybody who votes for Cruz after that is a dumbass.
Well, Beto was his opponent. LOL.
J.B.Katz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rawhide said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
If it was run by more liberals, they wouldn't get anything right.

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.
As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
Thank God we haven't had liberals in control of Texas in awhile... otherwise we would've been having rolling black for the last decade or more.

So yeah "my side" has done a better than a job than the libs would have, just look at California. It's hard to argue for "your side" when all you need to do is look the shiitthole that has become the golden state.
California has an economy bigger than most countries.

It aint perfect and I wouldnt live there. We used to joke about it being filled with fruits and nuts and being 800 miles long and an 8th of an inch deep.

But it's produced its share of presidents, inc Nixon and Reagan.

And it doesn't have a failing energy grid and a gov more focused on spouting partisan hooey about walls than dealing with a very real problem that will likely kill people.
J.B.Katz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carlos Cruz said:

J.B.Katz said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
If it was run by more liberals, they wouldn't get anything right.

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.
As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
And when the leaders fly off to Cancun leaving their constituents and their dog to freeze to death in the cold and dark. Anybody who votes for Cruz after that is a dumbass.
Well, Beto was his opponent. LOL.
Better off with the guy delivering potable water and coordinating relief and transport to shelters than with the guy fleeing to Mexico for a beach vacation at the Ritz Carlton.
Rawhide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
You strike me as the type of snowflake that got angry at Ellen for sitting next to George W. at a football game.

Tell me, you're not this much of a snowflake?
Rawhide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
If it was run by more liberals, they wouldn't get anything right.

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.
As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
Thank God we haven't had liberals in control of Texas in awhile... otherwise we would've been having rolling black for the last decade or more.

So yeah "my side" has done a better than a job than the libs would have, just look at California. It's hard to argue for "your side" when all you need to do is look the shiitthole that has become the golden state.
California has an economy bigger than most countries.

It aint perfect and I wouldnt live there. We used to joke about it being filled with fruits and nuts and being 800 miles long and an 8th of an inch deep.

But it's produced its share of presidents, inc Nixon and Reagan.

And it doesn't have a failing energy grid and a gov more focused on spouting partisan hooey about walls than dealing with a very real problem that will likely kill people.
California has had energy problems for how long now? But please, pretend they don't.

Good grief, are you really this stupid?
Amal Shuq-Up
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.B.Katz said:

Carlos Cruz said:

J.B.Katz said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
If it was run by more liberals, they wouldn't get anything right.

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.
As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
And when the leaders fly off to Cancun leaving their constituents and their dog to freeze to death in the cold and dark. Anybody who votes for Cruz after that is a dumbass.
Well, Beto was his opponent. LOL.
Better off with the guy delivering potable water and coordinating relief and transport to shelters than with the guy fleeing to Mexico for a beach vacation at the Ritz Carlton.
No, definitely not. Beto can go volunteer or work in the non-profit sector. His skill set may be better suited for that. He is not qualified to be mayor of Josephine, Texas, and much less a United States Senator.
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
Texas was a solid Trump state, especially along the border
ScruffyD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What do we do right?

We used to laugh at CA for not being able to provide basic power....

Our healthcare and education are among the worst.

Property taxes are out of control.

BUgolfbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife's family lives there- they experience rolling black outs every summer. And that is with temps like her friend posted last night - "daytime high-92; nighttime low-62" .Yeah, real strain on power grid. And don't get her started on the wildfires. Every summer one or more of her family is on evacuation notice.
Amal Shuq-Up
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScruffyD said:

What do we do right?



Apparently, quite a bit or we would not have people moving here in droves from out of state.
ScruffyD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so we are the lesser of two evils, what a high bar
ilbb990912
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ScruffyD said:

What do we do right?

We used to laugh at CA for not being able to provide basic power....

Our healthcare and education are among the worst.

Property taxes are out of control.


property taxes are out of control, in my opinion, partially because our dummy mayors give 40 year property tax breaks to big corporations like Facebook (see N. Ft. Worth) - who've never set foot in the state of Texas before opening shop there. The burden of that shifts to all of us peons.....

agree, the property tax system in Texas is a disaster.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
You strike me as the type of snowflake that got angry at Ellen for sitting next to George W. at a football game.

Tell me, you're not this much of a snowflake?
You strike me as almost dumb as Mikey. For the record, love Ellen and W!
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
Texas was a solid Trump state, especially along the border
I realize that and that is just regretful. Trotting out that baboon is not helpful.
ABC BEAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's $46 million/mile at government work prices. Abbott should be soliciting man-hour donations from construction firms in addition to cash donations.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ilbb990912 said:

ScruffyD said:

What do we do right?

We used to laugh at CA for not being able to provide basic power....

Our healthcare and education are among the worst.

Property taxes are out of control.


property taxes are out of control, in my opinion, partially because our dummy mayors give 40 year property tax breaks to big corporations like Facebook (see N. Ft. Worth) - who've never set foot in the state of Texas before opening shop there. The burden of that shifts to all of us peons.....

agree, the property tax system in Texas is a disaster.
Yes, it is. That is why, after 25 yrs in a house and got the kids to college, I rent by choice.
Porteroso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Carlos Cruz said:

J.B.Katz said:

bear2be2 said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Texas is run by some of the biggest idiots ever. It's amazing the state manages to do anything right.
If it was run by more liberals, they wouldn't get anything right.

Just look at the California and New York... imbeciles have been in charge in those places for way too long.
As a proponent of moderate, pragmatic governance, I have little use for "leaders" on either extreme of the political spectrum. But it's hard to make a compelling case for your side when it can neither heat or cool its citizens without a blackout or a threat of one.
And when the leaders fly off to Cancun leaving their constituents and their dog to freeze to death in the cold and dark. Anybody who votes for Cruz after that is a dumbass.
Well, Beto was his opponent. LOL.

Yeah, much like the past 2 Presidential elections, we aren't given decent choices, just forced to decide which evil is worse.

I think Cruz represents everything wrong with the GOP but I might still pick him over Beto. Backwards Redneck idiocy over erosion of rights.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rawhide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
You strike me as the type of snowflake that got angry at Ellen for sitting next to George W. at a football game.

Tell me, you're not this much of a snowflake?
You strike me as almost dumb as Mikey. For the record, love Ellen and W!
You strike me as dumb as a bag of dirt, so there's that.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's the link if anyone wants to kick in some cash.

For a million dollar contribution you can help build 38 yards of border wall.

J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
You strike me as the type of snowflake that got angry at Ellen for sitting next to George W. at a football game.

Tell me, you're not this much of a snowflake?
You strike me as almost dumb as Mikey. For the record, love Ellen and W!
You strike me as dumb as a bag of dirt, so there's that.
You are the one who started **** talking and name calling, so get back to the cube farm, son!
Rawhide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
You strike me as the type of snowflake that got angry at Ellen for sitting next to George W. at a football game.

Tell me, you're not this much of a snowflake?
You strike me as almost dumb as Mikey. For the record, love Ellen and W!
You strike me as dumb as a bag of dirt, so there's that.
You are the one who started **** talking and name calling, so get back to the cube farm, son!
You've been calling people names and **** talking since you've been a member of this board.

You can dish it out, but can't take it... gotcha.
Swanni
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm for taking donations to rid ourselves of Paxton, Cruz, and Abbott. Don't care which party, just mak them go away and not come back.
Swanni
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Swanni said:

I'm for taking donations to rid ourselves of Paxton, Cruz, and Abbott. Don't care which party, just mak them go away and not come back.
I would guess Paxton is really likely to not be renominated. I also think things are such now that the Democrats will be very competitive to the GOP nominee in the Fall. I thought I had heard that Cruz has decided he is in his final term.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

boognish_bear said:


That means I will not be voting for Abbott. What is he thinking hooking his wagon to Trump. His daughters and my daughter went to the same camp for years and he seems like a really good guy, but I don't know about this.
You strike me as the type of snowflake that got angry at Ellen for sitting next to George W. at a football game.

Tell me, you're not this much of a snowflake?
You strike me as almost dumb as Mikey. For the record, love Ellen and W!
You strike me as dumb as a bag of dirt, so there's that.
You are the one who started **** talking and name calling, so get back to the cube farm, son!
You've been calling people names and **** talking since you've been a member of this board.

You can dish it out, but can't take it... gotcha.
I've been here years before you little sniffly nose as got here. Long before. I will tangle with people who throw insults and name calling and you just got here and spew your hate. You called me a snowflake..... you know nothing about me. Snowflake doesn't fit.
Amal Shuq-Up
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:


For that kind of price, it better come equipped with microwave denial of access weapons or missles.
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nothing better than an anonymous message board fist fight! Get it on!
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amal Shuq-Up
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:


Grid could use a few nukes, a few natty gas, and several lignite powered plants. Solar and wind farms are wastes of space.
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:


so basically a win for AOC group build less jails and there will be less people in jail
J.B.Katz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
boognish_bear said:

Here's the link if anyone wants to kick in some cash.

For a million dollar contribution you can help build 38 yards of border wall.


Think I'll send that million to my Uncle James for the family cemetery trust fund. At least then I'll know where my million is buried.
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That price tells me it is a colossal waste of money. I'm all for a wall and increased border security with controlled immigration but, this price is anything but a good use of money.
Page 2 of 3
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.