Predictably we're got a thread on Chris Cuomo but not on 4 dead kids in Oxford, MI

3,418 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cowboycwr
J.B.Katz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
...or the 15-yr-old shooter who killed them and shot 7 more ppl.

Here's hoping they also arrest the father of the 15-yr-old shooter & charge him with making the gun available to his son.

At least we can call these poor kids and their families victims.

And no one will claim this punk is a hero or raise millions for his legal defense. He will spend the rest of his life in prison, but the real prisoners will be the families who lost their kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-shooting-multiple-victims-michigan/8810814002/

The 9mm pistol the suspect used during the shooting was bought by his father on Black Friday, Nov. 26, according to Bouchard. It was loaded with seven rounds of ammunition when police arrested the suspect.
BusyTarpDuster2017
And predictably, you only care when the perp is the right color.
Jack Bauer
Predictably....Jinx is comparing a school shooter to Kyle Rittenhouse because you have to be a lunatic to think that.

I see Jinx has not commented about the Waukesha parade killings therefore to user her logic, she does not care about those victims.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
If the little bas**ard is found guilty, he should go away for life or be given the death penalty. I understand they are going to try him as an adult. (Not sure if Michigan has the death penalty).

Do you believe in the death penalty, Jinx? A simple yes or no answer will suffice.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
fadskier
J.B.Katz said:

Here's hoping they also arrest the father of the 15-yr-old shooter & charge him with making the gun available to his son.

And no one will claim this punk is a hero or raise millions for his legal defense. He will spend the rest of his life in prison, but the real prisoners will be the families who lost their kids.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/11/30/oxford-high-school-shooting-multiple-victims-michigan/8810814002/

The 9mm pistol the suspect used during the shooting was bought by his father on Black Friday, Nov. 26, according to Bouchard. It was loaded with seven rounds of ammunition when police arrested the suspect.
Comparing a school shooter to Kyle Rittenhouse is a usual take for you.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Mitch Blood Green
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Have they released information about the shooter?
Doc Holliday
Let me guess, you also think gun laws would prevent this from happening?
BusyTarpDuster2017
tommie said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

He and his parents were on camera in court.
Jack Bauer
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

tommie said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

He and his parents were on camera in court.

Gee - you may want to make sure you know where your gun is after this...

Michigan high school gunman Ethan Crumbley met with parents and teachers three hours before he murdered four classmates in a rampage on Wednesday for a meeting to discuss his 'behavior'
Forest Bueller_bf
tommie said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Bullied suspect Ethan Crumbley, 15, allegedly used dad's pistol in school shooting

Forest Bueller_bf
fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

No it is insanity. This kid went to school with the sole intent to murder that day.

Rittenhouse, who is not a hero, but not a murderer, was pursued like a wounded rabbit in a Coyote habitat.
Eventually he had to defend himself or likely die.
ATL Bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

No it is insanity. This kid went to school with the sole intent to murder that day.

Rittenhouse, who is not a hero, but not a murderer, was pursued like a wounded rabbit in a Coyote habitat.
Eventually he had to defend himself or likely die.
Careful, logic and balance isn't the preferred approach.
Mitch Blood Green
Forest Bueller_bf said:

tommie said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Bullied suspect Ethan Crumbley, 15, allegedly used dad's pistol in school shooting

That looks just like my 10th grade yearbook pic. (Except I had a herpes cold sore.)
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I dont remember you wearing glasses.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Mitch Blood Green
Forest Bueller_bf said:

tommie said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

This is what this kid will have to deal with.

GrowlTowel
J.B.Katz said:

Just another day in Chicago.

All tragic. Some make the news, some do not.
BylrFan
it looks like they're charging the parents. honestly good
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

I dont remember you wearing glasses.
I do. tommie was a skinny kid with glasses when he arrived at Baylor. Kind of a pumped up version of Steve Erkel. Only taller.

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
J.B.Katz said:

Thanks for starting this thread
Whiskey Pete
J.B.Katz said:

I see you didn't comment in the thread about the black supremacist that mowed down a bunch of white people at a Christmas parade. Killing 6, including an 8 year old boy.

You're predictable.
SIC EM 94
BylrFan said:

"Good"? Why? You want authorities to charge the parents of every wanna be gang banger kid that kills people? This type of violence/murder happens far more often than school shootings…shouldn't the charges against the parents be consistent?
contrario
SIC EM 94 said:

BylrFan said:

"Good"? Why? You want authorities to charge the parents of every wanna be gang banger kid that kills people? This type of violence/murder happens far more often than school shootings…shouldn't the charges against the parents be consistent?
I won't speak for SIC EM but I would imagine he absolutely would want the charges to be consistent. If an adult that owns a gun doesn't put it in a safe place and locked up, they should be charged if their kid uses it to kill people. It's irresponsible gun ownership. As a gun owner myself, I would accept charges if my irresponsibility led to harm from my guns.

I would imagine most "gang bangers" acquire their guns from other people than their parents though.
Mitch Blood Green
SIC EM 94 said:

BylrFan said:

In Alabama, they charged a pregnant woman with murder because she got shot and lost the baby.
cowboycwr
J.B.Katz said:

Where are your comments on the parade attack?

What about your threads on Chicago and the mass number of shootings going on there?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
J.B.Katz said:

So do you believe in the death penalty or not? Yes or no?

Once again, you have pooped in the middle of the living room floor and left the building.

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
Multiple school districts in suburban Detroit will be closed Thursday due to threats of more violence in the wake of the tragic Oxford High School shooting that left four dead.

Bloomfield Hills School District Superintendent Pat Watson wrote in a notice published at 11 p.m. Wednesday that its schools would be closed after "BHS and other communities across the region have received numerous reports of threats of violence circulating on social media."

"Out of an abundance of caution, all BHS schools will be closed on Thursday," he said, noting that the district is in contact with Bloomfield Township Police over the rumors.
Holly Area Schools also announced their schools will be closed Thursday and Friday "out of an abundance of caution" following "multiple reports of a potential shooting threat against Holly Area Schools that have been posted on social media," District Superintendent Scott Roper and Holly Police Chief Jerry Narsh said in a joint statement.

A joint investigation was launched with the district and the Holly Police Department, which produced "no source for the original threat" and deemed the threat as "not credible due to a lack of evidence."
Other systems that will be closed Thursday include Troy Schools, Rochester Community Schools, Brandon School District, Walled Lake Consolidated Schools, Lake Orion Community Schools, Clawson Public Schools, Warren Consolidated Schools, Hazel Park Schools, Avondale School District, West Bloomfield School District and Lamphere Schools.

The Oxford Community Schools, the Oakland County district where the shooting took place, will be closed through the rest of the week, officials said in a post on the system's website.
Jack Bauer
A prosecutor in Michigan on Friday filed involuntary manslaughter charges against the parents of 15-year-old school shooter Ethan Crumbley, who is accused of killing four students at Oxford High School, after saying earlier that their actions went 'far beyond negligence.'

Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald charged James and Jennifer Crumbley with four counts each of involuntary manslaughter, which carries a sentence of up to 15 years in prison.

'The parents were the only individuals in the position to know the access to weapons,' McDonald said Thursday. The gun, which Ethan's father, James Crumbley, had just purchased four days before the rampage, 'seems to have been just freely available to that individual.'
Porteroso
Very sad. I bet the parents just had guns lying around the house.

One of the better gun control pieces of legislation we could have would be forcing parents with kids to go to gun education courses. Maybe anyone with weapons not classified as hunting weapons. You wouldn't have to make a list of these people, just give them a piece of paper afterward. There are hundreds of accidental deaths every year to negligence, or better termed, ignorance. We can do better than this.

It bothers me that some of you are playing the same game as OP, you'd rather talk about other murders that better fit your narrative. Can't comment on something you have no solution for, and oppose any suggested solutions to.
Jack Bauer
Porteroso said:

One of the better gun control pieces of legislation we could have would be forcing parents with kids to go to gun education courses. Maybe anyone with weapons not classified as hunting weapons. You wouldn't have to make a list of these people, just give them a piece of paper afterward. There are hundreds of accidental deaths every year to negligence, or better termed, ignorance. We can do better than this.

It bothers me that some of you are playing the same game as OP, you'd rather talk about other murders that better fit your narrative. Can't comment on something you have no solution for, and oppose any suggested solutions to.

I'll go on the record that the parents should absolutely be charged for negligence.

What kind of an idiot doesn't lock up his guns/ammo with kids in the house, especially considering this kid JUST had a school intervention meeting about his behavior.
Whiskey Pete
contrario said:

SIC EM 94 said:

BylrFan said:

I won't speak for SIC EM but I would imagine he absolutely would want the charges to be consistent. If an adult that owns a gun doesn't put it in a safe place and locked up, they should be charged if their kid uses it to kill people. It's irresponsible gun ownership. As a gun owner myself, I would accept charges if my irresponsibility led to harm from my guns.

I would imagine most "gang bangers" acquire their guns from other people than their parents though.
It's high time we charge parents when their kids borrow their car an mows someone down with it or uses it in commission of crime.
Whiskey Pete
J.B.Katz said:

I think your husband should be charged with making the internet available to you
Wangchung
They didn't just have the gun lying around. They bought the gun for the kid and both the kid and his mother posted about it being his on social media. They ignored glaring red flags, drawings of guns and bullets and dead people and suicidal statements, raised by the school and refused to take him home that day, even refusing to search his bag before leaving.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

I am all for gun safety and people taking gun safety courses.

However, your proposal raises lots of questions about enforcement. Many the same as proposals that would force people to lock their guns up.

1. Who would enforce it/check on it?
2. If no list how are you checking that they did the course?
3. How are you verifying they have kids?
4. What if someone buys guns before having kids?
5. What is the punishment for not doing the course?
6. All weapons can be used for hunting.

and your last paragraph just shows your ignorance. You talk about the hundreds of accidental deaths but when others talk about the murders we are talking about the thousands and thousands. Heck thousand just in Chicago.
Jack Bauer

90sBear
cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

I am all for gun safety and people taking gun safety courses.

However, your proposal raises lots of questions about enforcement. Many the same as proposals that would force people to lock their guns up.

1. Who would enforce it/check on it?
2. If no list how are you checking that they did the course?
3. How are you verifying they have kids?
4. What if someone buys guns before having kids?
5. What is the punishment for not doing the course?
6. All weapons can be used for hunting.

and your last paragraph just shows your ignorance. You talk about the hundreds of accidental deaths but when others talk about the murders we are talking about the thousands and thousands. Heck thousand just in Chicago.
Agreed this is a tough one and it doesn't even include parents who may WANT their child to have access to a firearm.

My friend who is a sheriff's deputy and LTC instructor keeps at least one loaded pistol in his house and has since his two boys were about 14 and 12. Testing-wise they could already pass the shooting portion of the LTC test with a perfect score. They weren't allowed to touch the pistol and he always threatened to test it for prints just to make sure. But he wanted them to know how to shoot and where it was located in case of an emergency.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.